Notifications
Clear all

People Pointing Out Pimples

(@LewisS)

Posted : 04/20/2013 4:22 am

So, this is probably a little bit of a rant, but I guess that's what this section of the forum is for. Yesterday I got 2 new whiteheads that I could have popped, but decided I'd let them dry out by themselves rather than spreading the bacteria across my face.

I get to college and I noticed that when I was talking to my friend, they were talking to my chin. The pimples weren't huge, but their eyes just wouldn't move off them. And as expected my friend informs me about these pimples (thanks!). I just don't see why people are so concerned about other peoples faces. This friend in particular has back/neck acne and is a popper - he is scarred to shit, so I try and educate him in the nicest way possible, but he won't listen.

Later on both another friend and my DAD did the exact same thing. It's a damn spot, get over it! Sorry I don't want scar my face by popping it in a morning. Yeah, there's safer ways to do it with a needle etc. but I'd much rather let it heal naturally, which they now have done.

So yeah, this probably doesn't read very well, but if you've experienced this before please do share!

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 04/20/2013 5:52 am

Yeah I have experienced that a lot of times. They just don't have enough empathy to think that you already know that or just looking you in the eyes when you talk to them.

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 04/20/2013 9:27 am

Yeah, my friend used to point out my whiteheads, too, by mimicking a squeezing motion and an explosion sound. :/

I also had a huge bumpy dark scar on my back and on prom night my back was exposed because of my dress and she would point at it and had a disgusted look on her face and my other friend would join in at gaping at it.

Another time, that same friend and I were in a cosmetics store and there was a sink so you can try out products. She brought me there and made me try a face wash and then she asked me "So, how is your face now?' (wow, you think that in a matter of minutes, my face is going to be magically clear?)

Gee, thanks "friend"... I don't need someone else to worry about my skin but myself and it's none of their business. Do I go out and point out their flaws?