Notifications
Clear all

I Went On A Date With No Makeup On...

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 11/05/2012 6:33 am

Whatsoever. Not even mascara or eyeliner or eyebrow filler. I was armed only with my Vaseline lip balm, which I figured is a skin care product, not makeup (seeing as it's clear in colour). In broad day light.

I was terrified. I've not been seeing this guy for very long at all. And he's only ever seen me at my absolute best before.

He knew about my skin problems already because I'd mentioned them, but he hadn't actually seen them before (I'm great at makeup). And this is probably the worst break out I've had in a while.

So why did I do it? Well, to prove a point to myself. To shake off my insecurities. My worries about my skin have caused arguments with people in the past, and I want to get over it. Plus I'm tired of trying to hide my flaws from people that I'm interested in. You can't keep up a mask forever. I wanted to see if somebody could still find me attractive with nothing at all on my face.

And you know what? It went great. The guy is a really nice, friendly, supportive person anyway. He didn't stare at my skin or act differently towards me. Actually, he said I was fine as I was, no change necessary. It was really nice.

I think we should all face our fears from time to time. It forces us to grow as people.

And if I can do it, with my constant worries, fears and insecurities, then you can too.

Murph89 liked
MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 11/05/2012 7:59 am

Whatsoever. Not even mascara or eyeliner or eyebrow filler. I was armed only with my Vaseline lip balm, which I figured is a skin care product, not makeup (seeing as it's clear in colour). In broad day light.

I was terrified. I've not been seeing this guy for very long at all. And he's only ever seen me at my absolute best before.

He knew about my skin problems already because I'd mentioned them, but he hadn't actually seen them before (I'm great at makeup). And this is probably the worst break out I've had in a while.

So why did I do it? Well, to prove a point to myself. To shake off my insecurities. My worries about my skin have caused arguments with people in the past, and I want to get over it. Plus I'm tired of trying to hide my flaws from people that I'm interested in. You can't keep up a mask forever. I wanted to see if somebody could still find me attractive with nothing at all on my face.

And you know what? It went great. The guy is a really nice, friendly, supportive person anyway. He didn't stare at my skin or act differently towards me. Actually, he said I was fine as I was, no change necessary. It was really nice.

I think we should all face our fears from time to time. It forces us to grow as people.

And if I can do it, with my constant worries, fears and insecurities, then you can too.

Thats great and well done to you. Now if i only can go out without my make up? Jokes lol

It's great you had the balls to do it and its even better you're dating a guy who has some depth.

Here is to a lot more dates without make up and dressing down into your track gear lol

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 11/05/2012 8:04 am

lol ah but mascara would bring out your eyes darling! grinwink.gif Cheers, I honestly didn't think I'd ever be at the point where I could. I don't actually own track gear heh heh, I'm more of a jeans and sarcastic T-shirt kinda girl on my lazy days. shifty.gif

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 11/05/2012 8:16 am

lol ah but mascara would bring out your eyes darling! grinwink.gif Cheers, I honestly didn't think I'd ever be at the point where I could. I don't actually own track gear heh heh, I'm more of a jeans and sarcastic T-shirt kinda girl on my lazy days. shifty.gif

haha.... oh my i have wardrobe full of them. They just own.

The mark of an intelligent sense of humor :D

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 11/05/2012 9:00 am

A person who likes you for you won't be bothered by your acne, so at least now you know that this guy doesn't just care about your looks. Well done for going out without make-up...it took me years to be confident enough to do so

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 11/05/2012 9:46 am

Yeah, he's definitley a wonderful person. Seemed to still be physically attracted to me too.. grinwink.gif Which is always a plus.

Everybody gets their confidence at different rates. Well done to you too hifive.gif

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 11/05/2012 10:40 am

i've had to stop wearing foundation due to having contact dermatitis on my face and i was terrified at first and now its not a big deal at all. my foundation was like my security blanket but each day it gets easier but i do still cheat and wear eye makeup and some lip gloss or lipstick. i cant go totally bare -ha!

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 11/07/2012 5:57 am

Well well done for being able to let go of that security blanket. I know how difficult it is to do so. I normally wear a lot of bright red lipstick in day to day life and eyeliner, but I think that day was just an in for a penny, in for a pound moment! nod.gif I guess I just want people to be aware that you can do things like this without always meeting negative reactions.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 11/07/2012 8:28 am

Well well done for being able to let go of that security blanket. I know how difficult it is to do so. I normally wear a lot of bright red lipstick in day to day life and eyeliner, but I think that day was just an in for a penny, in for a pound moment! nod.gif I guess I just want people to be aware that you can do things like this without always meeting negative reactions.

Walking down the street naked always gets a negative reaction. People are just so insensitive hahaha.

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 11/07/2012 5:53 pm

Well it depends on who is doing it I suppose! grinwink.gif

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 11/08/2012 5:22 am

Cheeky lol

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/09/2012 11:03 am

omfg ur my hero