Notifications
Clear all

I Have Never Felt Like Myself.

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 11/05/2012 6:39 pm

For as long as I can remember, if its not one thing wrong it was another with me. And now I've got scars. I'm kind of scared for my skin to clear up, because I'm scared there's more scars underneath that I'm mot seeing. My newest scar has really brought me down. Although its not even hardly shallow, its like I guess level... its hard to tell. It's just weird looking in a weird place. And just under it are some more scars I never knew I had. Just all these things and more I'm noticing about myself. And I don't feel like myself... especially now. I could rant on... but I wanna hear what everyone else has to say.

Who doesn't feel like themselves?

MemberMember
(@mjri94)

Posted : 11/06/2012 6:55 am

I don't feel like myself either when I have a bad breakout (like right now)... its difficult to look people in the eye, I hate standing taking to people because all I can think about is my horrible skin so i try to face away, I'm always trying to hide my face from people. They must think I am acting so weird, a friend actually asked what was wrong so I just said I was tired.

That's not me, these past few months I've been pretty clear and I was outgoing and sociable, its funny how quickly that can change because of a nasty breakout...

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 11/06/2012 7:05 am

Yeah I know what you mean. That describes me at the moment. I'm having a particularly bad breakout at the moment, especially compared to how my skin was doing the past few weeks, and it's made me more self conscious. I found myself really avoiding looking at people today. I was really embarrassed about my skin. Normally I try and not let it get to me like that but sometimes I can't help it.

We all have good and bad days in coping with acne- I guess today was just one of the bad days for me.

Hang in there everyone. Things have to get better.

And if you can, try and think positively - I find that helps - try and not let acne stop you from being you and doing the things that you want to do in life.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 11/06/2012 10:20 am

For as long as I can remember, if its not one thing wrong it was another with me. And now I've got scars. I'm kind of scared for my skin to clear up, because I'm scared there's more scars underneath that I'm mot seeing. My newest scar has really brought me down. Although its not even hardly shallow, its like I guess level... its hard to tell. It's just weird looking in a weird place. And just under it are some more scars I never knew I had. Just all these things and more I'm noticing about myself. And I don't feel like myself... especially now. I could rant on... but I wanna hear what everyone else has to say.

Who doesn't feel like themselves?

Forgive me but if you have never felt like yourself then how do you know you don't feel like yourself having never experienced what yourself feels like?

I put this to you.

Imagine you were blind. Would acne scars bother you then? And if you were blind which is far worse than acne would you adapt and get on with your life or just feel sorry for yourself?

My point is you need to adapt to your situation and overcome it. Sorry for the blunt response but worrying if a scar will form is just a waste of time. You get hurt or injured at anytime in your life you just have to roll with the punches.

All the best and i hope you feel better.

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 11/06/2012 3:37 pm

TakeToTheSkies, I get what you mean. It's a lot easier said then done. And I may have been a little contradictory or confusing in my post. I guess I meant, all my life I've just been in situations that I can't control, and in not being in control, I don't feel like that's how it should be. How I should be. It's more like, these little things, and other factors, that bother me, make me who I'm not. For example, when I'm having a bad day: a bad hair day, a bad skin day, not enough sleep, wake up to world war III going down in my living room... aka, my dysfunctional family having a fight- I will be mad/depressed/pessimistic.

I know there are people that say it could be worse, and life is what you make of it. But I honestly feel, a majority of my life has been fucked up. I've seen so much fucked up shit, and have been put through hell, and have hardly anything to show for it BUT this pessimism. And I feel like its not me, not how I want to be.

And another thing, I hate feeling sorry for myself... but I'd rather feel sorry for myself then have someone else feel bad for me. I don't feel sorry for myself to the point where I'd cut myself or anything like that. It's more for something for me to pull from, no matter how much I hate it and rather have had everything handed to me instead of what little I've had ripped away.

But thanks to all for your replies nonetheless. I wish everyone better days.(:

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 11/07/2012 5:50 am

TakeToTheSkies, I get what you mean. It's a lot easier said then done. And I may have been a little contradictory or confusing in my post. I guess I meant, all my life I've just been in situations that I can't control, and in not being in control, I don't feel like that's how it should be. How I should be. It's more like, these little things, and other factors, that bother me, make me who I'm not. For example, when I'm having a bad day: a bad hair day, a bad skin day, not enough sleep, wake up to world war III going down in my living room... aka, my dysfunctional family having a fight- I will be mad/depressed/pessimistic.

I know there are people that say it could be worse, and life is what you make of it. But I honestly feel, a majority of my life has been fucked up. I've seen so much fucked up shit, and have been put through hell, and have hardly anything to show for it BUT this pessimism. And I feel like its not me, not how I want to be.

And another thing, I hate feeling sorry for myself... but I'd rather feel sorry for myself then have someone else feel bad for me. I don't feel sorry for myself to the point where I'd cut myself or anything like that. It's more for something for me to pull from, no matter how much I hate it and rather have had everything handed to me instead of what little I've had ripped away.

But thanks to all for your replies nonetheless. I wish everyone better days.(:

I hear you bud.

But there are many things in life we just can't control and sometimes we just have to let go and go along with it.

Rather than worrying about things you can't control focus on what you can control which in my experience isn't much.

Try focusing on a more positive attitude, always remind yourself you could be a lot worse off than you are now. Take account of the good in your life, family (albeit they can be a pain in the arse lol) Friends, things you enjoy, hobbies and so on.

I've learned to deal with my issues and it is an ongoing thing. I still i have days i feel crap but i don't allow that to control me.

Like you i've a lot of hard times, ive done things im not proud off, seen a lot of bad stuff and i could make the argument i had nothing to show for it. But i was determined to not let the past have a hold over me and in 6 short years i from a depressive recluse to having a good jobs, bought my first house 2 years ago, on better terms with my family, reconnect with old friends and got a girlfriend who i love.

Now 6 years ago i didn't leave my bedroom, lost friends, split with my gf at the time, didnt really talk to any of my family and felt like a waste of skin.

It can be done, it just takes you taking control of what you can. Yeah it is scary and dare i say i fell a lot long the way but i got back up and i am still standing. I am successful failure biggrin.png

It's not how you fall down its how you get back up. It is okay to be scared, pretty much means you're alive inside.