Notifications
Clear all

Celebrity Close-Ups

MemberMember
(@flowergirl1234)

Posted : 11/04/2012 12:14 am

There's a tumblr page dedicated to close-up photographs of celebrities, and it's incredibly cruel. Basically, the goal is to show all their flaws, including large pores, acne, and acne scarring. I wanted to bawl my eyes out when I saw them post a picture of Katy Perry. There has be more reblogs, likes, and horrible comments than probably any other photo. Why are people so cruel? Look if you dare:

Celebritycloseup.tumblr.com

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 11/04/2012 12:35 am

The real thing everyone should take note of is: look at how "oily" most of their skin is. And yet, mostly blemish-free. I think a lot of people think their skin is too oily when in fact it's just shiny. Shininess is healthiness. Or maybe it is oily, but I believe your skin produces oil to heal itself. I often go weekends without showering and it does lots of good for my skin. Yes, oily skin + active acne = bad appearance. So blot it when you're going out. Leave it when you're sitting at home.

My two cents.

MemberMember
(@adhpn7)

Posted : 11/04/2012 1:24 am

all of these celebs look normal to me. some have beautiful skin even close up :( but i did feel bad for katy perry's picture! that'd probably be my picture but with less foundation on.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 11/04/2012 9:23 am

Half those people look unrealistically perfect, even super-close-up and with bad lighting!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 11/04/2012 9:55 am

Goes to show you human nature at its worst. How shallow can people get. No wonder young children and adults suffer from self esteem issues. And the fact that most of the female celebrities are plastered with heavy studio type makeup- if anything, it at least highlights that what we see on tv, in magazines and in person is a far cry from reality.

We all have flaws and that's ok.

MemberMember
(@flowergirl1234)

Posted : 11/04/2012 12:55 pm

Goes to show you human nature at its worst. How shallow can people get. No wonder young children and adults suffer from self esteem issues. And the fact that most of the female celebrities are plastered with heavy studio type makeup- if anything, it at least highlights that what we see on tv, in magazines and in person is a far cry from reality.

We all have flaws and that's ok.

Exactly! They're still human, so of course they're going to have flaws! I just find it wrong that the point of this tumblr page is to try and humiliate these people.