Notifications
Clear all

I`d Rather Live In Loneliness And Despair Than Get Rejected/ridiculed

MemberMember
(@kaafee123)

Posted : 11/03/2012 8:03 pm

Does anyone else feel the same way? My whole life I have missed out on dating, being with friends, great jobs, and school just because of acne. I know this sounds crazy but when you are a perfectionist there is literally nothing you can do. And in a sick twisted kind of way, I am glad I did.

I did have an experience once. I was getting closer to this girl I really liked and her obviously being the shallow type wanted nothing to do with my shy, awkward, acne-ridden self and went to go hook up and make out with other guys who were more attractive and confident. And why wouldn't she? I totally would if I was her.

The fact of that matter is that it HURT. BAD. Rejection hurts so much I started thinking about bad thoughts like why am I even alive. It consumes so much from your life to the point of a bottomless pit of depression.

So my question is...why go through that? Why would I do anything but stay at home and feel safe? At least I keep my sanity.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/03/2012 8:20 pm

i guess im a "perfectionist" too. If my skin gets bad enough i wont even go to class because i dont want anyone to see my like that...

I too have missed out on lots of social things through the years because letting people see me with acne is worse than sitting at home alone all the time lol

sometimes i work myself up and get really sad about the fact that due to isolating myself i now literally have 1 friend, and i feel like there is literally no point of me existing... but then i realize that i legit dgaf if i missed out on stuff and dont have friends because in the end the more normal i can make myself look to the world thats really all i strive for...wow that sounds retarded but its true...cool.png

MemberMember
(@poi6)

Posted : 11/04/2012 3:39 pm

Don't feel obligated to socialize with other humans if you don't want to. Don't go outside if you don't want to! Don't feel as if your supposed to live any sort of lifestyle. "We are here on earth to fart around, don't let anyone tell you otherwise"

If I were in your position (which I kinda am) I just do whatever I want.... I go snowboarding alone so much. I don't need to talk or look at anyone and my face is covered by a bandana.

My points is, being alone and in your own bubble of sanity can be fun, relaxing, and just straight up easy!.... you don't need to try so hard to be accepted.