Notifications
Clear all

Being A Virgin...

MemberMember
(@ramc)

Posted : 10/31/2012 11:55 pm

I accept that it is a person's decision to abstain. But, here i guess we are talking about the fact that acne playing a part in that decision (right?!)

And for me, that's the frustrating and annoying part. I could be all clear and still choose to stay a virgin, which is entirely different from forced into behaving a certain way because of acne. And for those who have people around you giving you a hard time, just let it fall on deaf ears or try explaing (if you care) or just laugh it off with them and don't let it get to you.

I personally have come to feel/accept(based on few inquests into events i experienced in my life) that what ever that has happened and is happening to me is all doing some good, maybe not in a direct way, and if not now, sometime in the future. And maybe like betterness24 mentioned, acne probably kept me from contracting something dangerous or something. At the sametime should mention it also made me waste what is widely believed to be the most important time of a person's life. No beach. No swim. No taking shirt off. No hooking up. Always in Ninja attire! :P

It is just the way we look at it and handle it! And hope...hope...hope... eusa_pray.gif:D

For all the frustrated kids :P:)

I'am 25 and will +1 in 5 months :((

MemberMember
(@rjavi10)

Posted : 11/01/2012 12:31 am

No worries man.

I know you probably already heard this a million times but you'll get your chance. I lost my virginity just a few days before my 20th birthday and now I have sex quite regularly. I know exactly how you feel though, I used to wonder the same thing if I would ever lose my virginity but one day it just happened and I havn't looked back since.

MemberMember
(@poptartie)

Posted : 11/01/2012 7:10 am

And one more thing...When I meet someone that I want to have sex with for the first time, I would prefer that he be a virgin. Someone as awkward in the sack as me. Furthermore, Why would I want to deal with a thingy that has been near another girl's thingy? Or worse, MANY girl's thingies. yea, if I'm calling them 'thingies' then I'm probably not ready to have sex. haha. But I would want him to be special and I would want to be special to him, and not just one in a long line of encounters. God that sounds so cheesy. Having said that, I know it's getting harder and harder to find a virgin over the age of 17... and I prefer older guys. I suppose what matters the most is the quality and character of the person and not the quantity of experience they have. And I am by no means totally 'innocent' or anything close to resembling a prude. Sex is good and sex is fun (so I've heard) but it isn't what is most important :)

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 11/01/2012 11:17 am

Sex is so much better when there's 1. Anticipation and 2. Chemistry (ideally love).

It's likely going to suck if there are neither of these things. There's no huge deal in rushing it and regretting it later.

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 11/01/2012 11:49 am

Male virgin= Defective/Gay

Female virgin= Worthy/Ideal

That is in societies eyes anyway. How I'll never tire of the comical conversations I have when this topic arises. If you're a virgin, take pride in it, you have a gift to share with someone that you've never shared with anyone else. I am a virgin, but I can quickly silence those who attempt to make an issue out of this. If your friends are of at least average intelligence, they should be able to understand your standpoint.

MemberMember
(@poi6)

Posted : 11/01/2012 2:57 pm

Male virgin= Defective/Gay

Female virgin= Worthy/Ideal

That is in societies eyes anyway. How I'll never tire of the comical conversations I have when this topic arises. If you're a virgin, take pride in it, you have a gift to share with someone that you've never shared with anyone else. I am a virgin, but I can quickly silence those who attempt to make an issue out of this. If your friends are of at least average intelligence, they should be able to understand your standpoint.

Exactly. Society makes it much harder on males virgins :/

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 03/02/2013 12:15 pm

It is kind of disappointing that this is like the only recent thread about it.

Anyway, at 19 it is not such a "problem". When you are a virgin at my age (27) you can report again :)

When I have fixed my skin problems in 2 years then I will start dating and see how that goes.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 03/02/2013 1:43 pm

Yea is all basically your choice

I'm trying to reach the triple digits before I get marry

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 03/03/2013 7:10 am

Yea is all basically your choice

I'm trying to reach the triple digits before I get marry

It is not a choice. Society has let me know that this is the only way.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 03/03/2013 8:37 am

Virginity is not the taboo it once was. In all honesty, i wish i had waited to find someone i connected with on a deeper level. But seriously, you should never feel bad about being a virgin. Afterall, it is only a part of who you are. Don't allow other people to make you feel bad about it. Some lucky girl will appreciate you when you finally give it up teehee.gif As for being a virgn in your 20's, 30's and above, society may judge but society on a whole is shallow. A good person, a REAL person will embrace it.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 03/03/2013 10:30 am

Virginity is not the taboo it once was. In all honesty, i wish i had waited to find someone i connected with on a deeper level. But seriously, you should never feel bad about being a virgin. Afterall, it is only a part of who you are. Don't allow other people to make you feel bad about it. Some lucky girl will appreciate you when you finally give it up teehee.gif As for being a virgn in your 20's, 30's and above, society may judge but society on a whole is shallow. A good person, a REAL person will embrace it.

It is a huge challenge to find a real person. Or let I say it differently: real persons do indeed exist, but they are all taken.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 03/03/2013 7:10 pm

It is a huge challenge to find a real person. Or let I say it differently: real persons do indeed exist, but they are all taken.

I agree somewhat that it is not so easy but there are good people out there. I know for me personally, having acne has hindered me from being as outgoing as i'd like to be so it minimizes my opportunities for meeting good men. Don't give up hope - everyone deserves love in their life.

MemberMember
(@akatom)

Posted : 03/04/2013 3:06 pm

While I'm not a virgin (not intended to sound like i'm bragging btw) I've had very very little success the last 4 years thanks to my acne. And it's just my rotten luck that the summer I started getting acne was the one just before I started university - the time of your life where you're supposed to be getting your end away every time you go out. Of course having acne just makes you wanna lock yourself away, and the time I do go out, I just don't feel comfortable at all.

Me? No chance. one sexual partner in 3 years, 3 years I've been at university. What's even more annoying is when I'm sometimes told on the quiet that there are actually girls out there who think I'm good looking / who are interested etc. But whenever I look in the mirror, I just see a complete mess of spots and red marks, and wonder whatever possesses girls to be interested in me.

Ah well, life goes on I guess. one more year of uni to go. I'll be amazed if I get lucky in this year to be honest!

MemberMember
(@redruby)

Posted : 03/07/2013 11:21 pm

I don't think its bad to be a Virgin at all!!

I actually believe in waiting til marriage.

Now, that's just my beliefs but I see guys that are virgins and I Admire them because

they don't fall into the worlds stereotype of what's cool and what's not.

And like someone in a recent post said there are so many diseases roaming around now and

days that are sexually transmitted so its better to wait for someone that you have a honest

relationship with or until marriage smile.png

Your Health comes before Momentarily Pleasures!! injured.gif

MemberMember
(@mythos)

Posted : 03/09/2013 12:19 am

I know that feel. I'm 18 and a virgin but really, I've only briefly been interested in just losing it for the sake of losing it. And that was only when I was a young hornball. Nowadays, I look forward to meeting a wonderful girl who I can have a relationship with and share a lot of intimate things with including sex.

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 03/09/2013 12:34 am

I'm a virgin for a good reason.. I haven't found the right girl . I'm 26 and I feel like I will be a virgin for a long time. I am one of those nice person.. I try to do the right thing. I'm hoping to meet a virgin as well... hah.

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 03/09/2013 8:02 pm

This obsession that a lot of people have with losing their virginity just for the sake of it... rolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 03/09/2013 10:13 pm

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 03/10/2013 12:18 am

I'm a virgin for a good reason.. I haven't found the right girl . I'm 26 and I feel like I will be a virgin for a long time. I am one of those nice person.. I try to do the right thing. I'm hoping to meet a virgin as well... hah.

Good luck now days finding a virgin is like wining the lottery.

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 03/10/2013 12:22 am

Good luck now days finding a virgin is like wining the lottery.

Lol. It is just a hope! I don't mind if they're not a virgin, as long she has not been laid by a football team. I don't blame them. I know that for my age, I will never find a virgin girl.. lol

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 03/10/2013 5:37 am

Honestly, for the people who'd prefer a virgin girl- or boyfriend here's a question; how do you perceive your partner? I mean don't you think it's incredibly unsophisticated to prefer a virgin? I mean why do you prefer a virgin? Just because of the idea that they haven't been with someone else?! I can only come to one conclusion as to why that is preferred and I won't put it into words as it would sound beyond disgusting. Beyond disgusting because of the shamelessness and disgracefulness of it. I think it's an offensive thing to say... Like if you're dating a woman and you find out she isn't a virgin you go "Well, that makes me a tad less enthusiastic about being with you but oh well". You wouldn't ever say that to her face. I think it's because you know she'd throw a glass of wine in your face and leave if you did.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 03/10/2013 9:17 am

This obsession that a lot of people have with losing their virginity just for the sake of it... rolleyes.gif

No, I have an obsession with wanting to know that I can get a girlfriend. Sex is not my objective. I just want to discover that there are girls out there who want me. Even if a relationship would only last for 2 seconds, that would be enough for me. I want to be in the market.

And I'm not going to spend my entire life searching. That would be a waste of time and effort. There are lots of people (maybe the majority?) out there who wander from one relationship into another. I find it extremely silly that I have to be alone all the time. I see all my friends get a relationship, they are going to move and live together and I stand still. I don't do that voluntarily.

I hear stuff like "love comes when you're not looking", "you have to be content with your life", "you have to be positive", blablablablablablablabla, but that clearly isn't working for me. So when does love come anyway? Within 1 year, 2 years, 3 years???

I have been "not looking" for over 10 years now.

And if you are the last one left without a relationship, then YOU have a problem and not the society. There is one thing I learned and that is that you have to adapt to society and the society won't adapt to you.

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 03/10/2013 10:29 am

Honestly, for the people who'd prefer a virgin girl- or boyfriend here's a question; how do you perceive your partner? I mean don't you think it's incredibly unsophisticated to prefer a virgin? I mean why do you prefer a virgin? Just because of the idea that they haven't been with someone else?! I can only come to one conclusion as to why that is preferred and I won't put it into words as it would sound beyond disgusting. Beyond disgusting because of the shamelessness and disgracefulness of it. I think it's an offensive thing to say... Like if you're dating a woman and you find out she isn't a virgin you go "Well, that makes me a tad less enthusiastic about being with you but oh well". You wouldn't ever say that to her face. I think it's because you know she'd throw a glass of wine in your face and leave if you did.

It isn't disgusting, in fact it's the opposite of that.

The only reason for wanting a girl who is a virgin is because it tells you she's not a whore. Personally, for my next gf if I found out she's not a virgin; that's perfectly okay. But if I find out she's been with like 20, even 10 guys really, that tells me she's a bit too loose for my standards (no pun intended). It's a way of measuring character really and the type of girl I PERSONALLY desire, who is a bit more reserved, intelligent, can have a good time but doesn't go get smashed every weekend and sleep with a different guy.

Ex: I was at a party in the summer and this girl we just met (via friend of a friend) slept with one of my buds on the first night! I was interested in her but after finding that out it turned me off completely I could never trust a woman like that who does that so quickly. It tells me she doesn't really think things through and does things on a whim. Granted, they are dating now, but jeez, get to know the guy a little before you let him stuff his wiener schnitzel into your punani.

MemberMember
(@simon-belmont)

Posted : 03/10/2013 1:37 pm

I lost my virginity when I was around sixteen. Some of my close male buddies I've known since school never had girlfriends and got laid. One of them met a girl and they've been together for years now. Another who is the same age as me (33) just recently met a girl and things are going great. A third guy I used to work with who is around 28 yrs old never had girlfriends and had trouble with dating. Just recently I found out he has been in a relationship with a girl for a couple years, they are engaged and expecting a baby too. Don't give up guys and the right girl will come along when you least expect it trust me.

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 03/10/2013 7:03 pm

No, I have an obsession with wanting to know that I can get a girlfriend. Sex is not my objective. I just want to discover that there are girls out there who want me. Even if a relationship would only last for 2 seconds, that would be enough for me. I want to be in the market.

I can tell you with certainty that you can get a girlfriend. shrug.gif Most guys can. Why wouldn't you be able to get one? eusa_think.gif

And I'm not going to spend my entire life searching. That would be a waste of time and effort. There are lots of people (maybe the majority?) out there who wander from one relationship into another. I find it extremely silly that I have to be alone all the time. I see all my friends get a relationship, they are going to move and live together and I stand still. I don't do that voluntarily.

Yeah... *sigh* Everybody is different. You ain't your friends and your friends ain't you. What do you mean by standing still? How I interpret that is that you feel you need a partner in order to live your life to the fullest? Did I interpret that right?

I hear stuff like "love comes when you're not looking", "you have to be content with your life", "you have to be positive", blablablablablablablabla, but that clearly isn't working for me. So when does love come anyway? Within 1 year, 2 years, 3 years???

I have been "not looking" for over 10 years now.

Love comes when you're not looking means that when people try to make things happen, they often don't as it doesn't work that way. It just has to flow naturally i.e. you've just got to be you and go about your business and when someone sees you and is attracted to you and you meet and you find that you are attracted to her then there is no effort needed. That's the way good relationships start, if you ask me. All this B.S. dating site stuff and so on is a lottery. And when's the last time you won the lottery?

You have to be content with your life is a good piece of advice. I think you need to realize that the life people dream of, the ideal thing where they have a full life filled with joy and freedom and romance and friends and success...is not necessarily ever going to happen for everyone. It may all seem so accesible and so simple and so beautiful out there but it's not always that. There's so much confusion, so many tragedies, so many problems, so much fear, so much...trouble...in people's lives that you shouldn't be surprised that when you go out there that people don't necessarily... I mean there's a lot of distance between people. Anyway, the world is troubled and deeply messed up for a large part. So if you e.g. can say that you have (and here come the clich©s) a roof over your head and food and your health...then you should count your blessings in and of itself. You can have desires but don't be surprised when they are not fulfilled. And don't beat yourself up as you don't control everything.

I don't really know what people mean by staying positive... Maybe it's that when you give up on love that you maybe won't notice nice women? lol I haven't got a real clue.

And if you are the last one left without a relationship, then YOU have a problem and not the society. There is one thing I learned and that is that you have to adapt to society and the society won't adapt to you.

Why does one have a problem when one is single? This obsession that people have with getting a relationship just for the sake of it. rolleyes.gif lol I'm half joking with that last sentence. But I think that when people say "I love you" to their partners they must mean it. The sentence "I love you" shouldn't mean the same as "I'm so happy I found you as now I'm not single anymore!". I think romance blossoms between two people and it's unstoppable and when it's "meant to be" it's beautiful. But there's also such a thing as a relationship which is based on people wanting to fulfill some kind of desire and that's something else.

Try not to get so worked up. Women can sniff out desperation. And honestly who wants a guy who's desperate? Just be you and be open and if it's meant to be it will happen (as long as you're not a recluse). And if it isn't meant to be, well, then just be happy anyway.

It isn't disgusting, in fact it's the opposite of that.

The only reason for wanting a girl who is a virgin is because it tells you she's not a whore. Personally, for my next gf if I found out she's not a virgin; that's perfectly okay. But if I find out she's been with like 20, even 10 guys really, that tells me she's a bit too loose for my standards (no pun intended). It's a way of measuring character really and the type of girl I PERSONALLY desire, who is a bit more reserved, intelligent, can have a good time but doesn't go get smashed every weekend and sleep with a different guy.

Ex: I was at a party in the summer and this girl we just met (via friend of a friend) slept with one of my buds on the first night! I was interested in her but after finding that out it turned me off completely I could never trust a woman like that who does that so quickly. It tells me she doesn't really think things through and does things on a whim. Granted, they are dating now, but jeez, get to know the guy a little before you let him stuff his wiener schnitzel into your punani.

Well what you refer to as a "whore" seems to be an immature woman, right? I can understand your point of view; you can't have a healthy relationship with an immature woman, that's true. So it's not that you "prefer" a virgin or "want" a virgin...it's that you'd "in and of itself like it" if she was a virgin. Alright then. That's something else than what I was referring to in my angry post then. lol