Notifications
Clear all

Is Anyone Else Scared Of The Dentist Because Of Your Acne?

MemberMember
(@bohemian)

Posted : 02/10/2013 4:44 pm

The dentist(s) probably think I'm weird when they ask if I want to see my teeth in the handheld mirror they have and I decline because I don't want to see my face.

This is very sad :(

See a holisitic / biological / mercury free dentist. There are documented cases of metal toxicity in connection with acne (and other health problems).

Ask Your Dentist About Your Acne

If you have a stubborn case of acne and your dermatologist has tried everything without success, you might want to visit your dentist.

A Vanderbilt University researcher says there is evidence that an abscessed or infected tooth could be the culprit in difficult cases of acne vulgaris. This is a condition that affects about 80 percent of people between the ages of 11 and 30 and is usually treated by oral or topical antibiotics.

The dental connection to this form of acne was found in the case of a 30-year-old patient whose acne erupted as soon as medications were halted. However, when an abscessed tooth was pulled, the acne disappeared, according to a recently published study in the dermatology journal, Cutis.

Actually, it turns out the same bacteria that causes acne - called P. Acne - is also present in the upper gastrointestinal tract and oral cavity.

What's odd is that the man in this case got another tooth infection and the acne returned. When the second tooth was treated, the acne left again.

The message seems to be that if you have an acne condition that is recurring and won't go away with the usual treatments, you might want to have a dental examination.

Source: Cutis, August 1999

MemberMember
(@helton)

Posted : 02/19/2013 12:42 am

The dentist(s) probably think I'm weird when they ask if I want to see my teeth in the handheld mirror they have and I decline because I don't want to see my face.

OMG YES, LOL!!!

That guy that cut my hair does that too, he always wants me to hold the mirror to see how my hair turn out. I always just hold it but not look, then say it looks fine. Hahaha!