Notifications
Clear all

Broke Down Cyring In A Mc Donalds...

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 04/30/2012 9:52 pm

You're not alone. I really don't think you're missing out either on McDonalds. That sh*t is nasty.

In a way you're kind of lucky because you get to see how the food you are eating is affecting you internally on the outside. Once you start eating more whole foods including dark and leafy greens I'm sure your skin will glow along with how you feel.

I find that if I'm eating horribly I'm more prone to being a bad mood. Sometimes I wonder the connection between feeling awful and skin. Is it my acne making me feel bad or is me feeling bad giving me acne?

Anyway, what Paul said about food allergies and what you're getting at is on the money. I had to give up dairy. I grew up with cheese being a part of my diet. Even when I went on health kicks I was thinking drinking milk was essential. And I drank 3 glasses of skim milk a day! I was breaking out and doing some research and stumbled upon the whole milk and acne connection.

I gave it up for 3 months or so and I cleared up completely. Even on my shoulders! I'm still clear from it, except I got a breakout from living with my family for a bit and caving in and having cereal, nachos and pizza a few times. So yeah, it totally sucks having to give up dairy. Sometimes I rationalize it and say the food is worth the breakout. But it never is.

Just hang in there! It takes 21 days to make a new habit! Just don't fall off the bandwagon and I have no doubt it will be worth it. But then again, humans are horribly optimistic. So yeah, it sucks giving up foods, but no one said life was easy!

I have friends who eat crap. Like McDonalds twice a day crap. They don't break out either. But I swear it's because there isn't a lot of dairy in McDonalds. In fact, there's a whole lot of nothing besides fat, simple carbohydrates and protein coming from shady places made by shady people. Yuck.

That's why it's SO confusing because being malnourished can sometimes mean you don't have acne. Your body just doesn't have the nutrients and hormones from foods to make pimples.

But at the same time being malnourished may be a factor in acne as you're not getting your vitamins from vegetables and fruits. Although I lean more towards the former.

But I swear you can eat crap, be under nourished and just never have milk products and obtain clear skin. But I'd rather be healthy because those people are definitely going to end up with problems bigger than acne!

thanks for the message. Ill definately try giving up dairy. Its confusing because I never had digestive symptoms with milk or any other foods really but it could just be that it has an odd way of affecting me.

How is your skin these days?

MemberMember
(@5ive)

Posted : 05/01/2012 12:14 pm

Super clear! No breakouts!

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 05/01/2012 7:48 pm

Super clear! No breakouts!

awesome! would you say it is the regimen, the diet changes or both together. I can say that a big part of mine lately is stress.

MemberMember
(@wantthisacnegone)

Posted : 05/02/2012 9:49 pm

It is true. You are not alone. It may seem like you are because trust me, wherever I go, I rarely ever see someone with acne.

But no! You aren't alone. You did say you didn't know for sure what triggered your acne, so you can't be sure it's fast food. But then again, fast food is unhealthy anyway. If you start eating very healthy foods, you'll start to feel so much better about yourself, and you'll begin to feel healthy :) Trust me, I know.

And I know the feeling about how everyone else has clear skin but me. My siblings get very little to acne at all, my mom and dad when they were teens got acne but nowhere near as bad as mine, then cleared up once they hit 18. I'm 19 and still going through this crap! Although my acne has gotten better.

It is a struggle, I know. But you can't give up. Keep searching for what will work for you :) I kept searching and I found my solution. Never give up hope, hun.

MemberMember
(@jenny-p)

Posted : 05/03/2012 1:07 am

I personally gave up fast food and soda/junk food at a very young age even before I had acne. Fast food just has always been on the list of food that I could never be able to put in my body, no matter how hungry I am.

I have not even drank soda in over 10 years...it doesn't help the fact that I still have acne.

I have a similar experience, I talked to a friend the other day who said he eats fast food like all the time. And guess what his skin looks like? Beautiful, tan, and clear. I watched him eat 2 burritos and soda while I sat patiently not eating ANYTHING (Hell, I'm afraid of drinking the water), just looking at him.

But I don't care for fast food anyway.

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 05/04/2012 12:56 pm

It is true. You are not alone. It may seem like you are because trust me, wherever I go, I rarely ever see someone with acne.

But no! You aren't alone. You did say you didn't know for sure what triggered your acne, so you can't be sure it's fast food. But then again, fast food is unhealthy anyway. If you start eating very healthy foods, you'll start to feel so much better about yourself, and you'll begin to feel healthy smile.png Trust me, I know.

And I know the feeling about how everyone else has clear skin but me. My siblings get very little to acne at all, my mom and dad when they were teens got acne but nowhere near as bad as mine, then cleared up once they hit 18. I'm 19 and still going through this crap! Although my acne has gotten better.

It is a struggle, I know. But you can't give up. Keep searching for what will work for you smile.png I kept searching and I found my solution. Never give up hope, hun.

thanks for the words of encouragement. I am trying to give this new regimen Im doing 3 months or so hopeing it works. Im feeling better now about eating healthy and just saying no to junkfood.

I try and find things to focus on other than my skin. good luck with yours.

I personally gave up fast food and soda/junk food at a very young age even before I had acne. Fast food just has always been on the list of food that I could never be able to put in my body, no matter how hungry I am.

I have not even drank soda in over 10 years...it doesn't help the fact that I still have acne.

I have a similar experience, I talked to a friend the other day who said he eats fast food like all the time. And guess what his skin looks like? Beautiful, tan, and clear. I watched him eat 2 burritos and soda while I sat patiently not eating ANYTHING (Hell, I'm afraid of drinking the water), just looking at him.

I wonder if some of the healthy food you are eating is actually a trigger for you? ah or maybe there is no relation at all. It sucks that acne is still such a mystery. Maybe there are many causes in different people or maybe there is one thing that we are all missing.

Id really love to know :-I

MemberMember
(@jenny-p)

Posted : 05/04/2012 2:54 pm

But no! You aren't alone. You did say you didn't know for sure what triggered your acne, so you can't be sure it's fast food. But then again, fast food is unhealthy anyway. If you start eating very healthy foods, you'll start to feel so much better about yourself, and you'll begin to feel healthy smile.png Trust me, I know.

It is a struggle, I know. But you can't give up. Keep searching for what will work for you smile.png I kept searching and I found my solution. Never give up hope, hun.

thanks for the words of encouragement. I am trying to give this new regimen Im doing 3 months or so hopeing it works. Im feeling better now about eating healthy and just saying no to junkfood.

I wonder if some of the healthy food you are eating is actually a trigger for you? ah or maybe there is no relation at all. It sucks that acne is still such a mystery. Maybe there are many causes in different people or maybe there is one thing that we are all missing.

I do know that dairy makes my skin way worse (Yogurt, kefir, cheese, cottage cheese, cream). Dairy is very high in the hormone IGF-1 so it is known to aggrivate acne. I think dairy is a definite thing that people with acne should cut out...It's probably the number 1 thing you should avoid. And sugar, and high fat foods.

Some people just get too complicated with it and start cutting out bell peppers and grains, and even certain vegetables. I don't think it should be taken that far because you never really know if it truly causes acne or it doesn't. So I think it's best to avoid the forsure food groups that are definately a cause of acne. Because you don't wanna end up too obsessed and paraoid about every little thing you put in your mouth.

MemberMember
(@arqa22)

Posted : 05/05/2012 2:17 am

I do know that dairy makes my skin way worse (Yogurt, kefir, cheese, cottage cheese, cream). Dairy is very high in the hormone IGF-1 so it is known to aggrivate acne. I think dairy is a definite thing that people with acne should cut out...It's probably the number 1 thing you should avoid. And sugar, and high fat foods.

Some people just get too complicated with it and start cutting out bell peppers and grains, and even certain vegetables. I don't think it should be taken that far because you never really know if it truly causes acne or it doesn't. So I think it's best to avoid the forsure food groups that are definately a cause of acne. Because you don't wanna end up too obsessed and paraoid about every little thing you put in your mouth.

if you have acne, and you want to get clear, then yes, YOU SHOULD BE PARANOID ABOUT WHAT YOU EAT, especially when its GRAIN/WHEAT.

"you never really know if it truly causes acne or it doesnt"? really?

http://www.the-gluten-free-diet.com/gluten-and-acne.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/024956_gluten_acne_health.html

http://bevitamins.wordpress.com/2011/12/17/325/

http://newskindiet.com/gluten-acne

more?

MemberMember
(@jenny-p)

Posted : 05/05/2012 3:07 pm

if you have acne, and you want to get clear, then yes, YOU SHOULD BE PARANOID ABOUT WHAT YOU EAT, especially when its GRAIN/WHEAT.

http://www.the-glute...n-and-acne.html

http://www.naturalne...cne_health.html

http://bevitamins.wo...2011/12/17/325/

more?

I recently cut out grains, wheat, and dairy out of my diet since yesterday. But I was just saying that you don't want to be paranoid because I had a really bad eating disorder from being so obsessed of evefrything that i ate that i basically cut everything out of my diet except for some raw veggies and that caused me to binge and the cycle was really terrible for my body.

Now I'm not as strict but am going to cut things out of my diet very conservatively. I'm cutting out things I know will cause acne indefinately instead of cutting out things that may or may not cause acne. Because then, i would get too paranoid and start cutting out every little thing from my diet.

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 05/05/2012 4:45 pm

more?

I recently cut out grains, wheat, and dairy out of my diet since yesterday. But I was just saying that you don't want to be paranoid because I had a really bad eating disorder from being so obsessed of evefrything that i ate that i basically cut everything out of my diet except for some raw veggies and that caused me to binge and the cycle was really terrible for my body.

Now I'm not as strict but am going to cut things out of my diet very conservatively. I'm cutting out things I know will cause acne indefinately instead of cutting out things that may or may not cause acne. Because then, i would get too paranoid and start cutting out every little thing from my diet.

I agree that if you cant live life without total all-encompassing paranoia its not worth living. Ive had eating disorders too, anrexia as a teen.

However, I believe that grain and wheat could play a factor. I guess I could investigate that further. To be honest Ive never seen a connection for me, but perhaps I just dont SEE it. Definately have a sugar/possibly dairy connection but wheat doesnt seem to harm my skin or my digestion. I could cut it out for a while and see how it goes. Im open minded.

more?

I dont bought this is true for some people but how about people whoa re gluten free and still have acne? how about my friend who has celiac disease, cheats on her diet (gets loads of digestive complaints, mind you) but has clear skin?

Id like to know for sure if I am allergic to it . Only way is a test. Even if I try and eliminate it for a month, its probably going to be in stuff I dont know about. You know? If you follow a gluten free diet , how do you keep it on track without contamination?

MemberMember
(@arqa22)

Posted : 05/06/2012 1:51 am

you ask :"how come my friend who have celiac can eat wheat and have digestive problems and not have acne"

while you dont have digestive problems and have acne.

why?each body works diffrently. again as i said before, its just like saying to a person with banana allergy that banana cause no stomach pain, you tell him:"yes yes you can eat banana, i eat 10 of them everyday and IM just fine".

then he goes and eat one banana and get sick, why? cuz we are all diffrent.

one might get acne from dairy, and the other from eggs.

so heres what i suggest, avoid all possible food acne triggers: dairy, gluten, nuts, eggs, soy, corn and critic acid, for 1 month and i assure you that your acne will go away.

how to follow this diet? simple, i avoid these foods lol...... but really, you probably talk about how i keep on track without eating some crapp tasty food right? like chocolate, or bread, or icecream made from milk. how? i simply tell my self, what is better? this tasty feeling for 7 seconds in my mouth? or another 2 cysts on my chin? the choice is pretty easy....

if you ask how i make sure none of these foods exist in something i eat and not aware of eat? well, any proccessed food, if it has gluten or soy or nuts in it, must be written in the indigrides or as "allergy warning".

heres what i eat:fruits-all are safe, unless you want to avoid critic acid so oranges and maybe other fruits. but the chance that critic acid is the cause of your acne is 0.000001%. so keep eating critic acid and if you dont get clear even after you are avoiding all possible food triggers, google "critic acid foods" and avoid those foods.

vegetables-all are safe[avoid corn and soy], BUT, vegetables is not a food you can live with, it has really few calories, so i only count them like water to give vitamins and not actual value as food.

meat/fish-all safe

i also eat potatoes/rice/buckwheat-all safe.

peanut butter doesnt break me out [it might break you out, so avoid it at first too!]

eggs are safe for me [ofcourse avoid them in the beginnig and then once you clear up reintroduce them]

foods that contain gluten:bread/wheat/fluor/pasta, if its processed then it must be written on the package.

thats all i eat actually, what else do i need? carbs-fruits. protein? meat/fish. fat? peanut butter.

thats what i eat and im just fine.

and drink only water ofcourse.

and make sure your shampoo doesnt contain gluten!

if something in the ingredients has wheat on it then dont use it! why? im not sure if gluten can be absorbed through the skin, but im sure that if you dont wash your hands very good after showering with soap/shampoo with gluten. then gluten remains on your hands, and if you touch some food and then eat it>you absorb gluten. i cant tell you if it breaks me out cuz i always used head and shoulders as a shampoo and soap so im lucky..

also, dont eat food that was bread was cooked on before unless it is washed after bread was cooked there. cuz the gluten stays on the pan untill it is being washed really good. so watch out! and same here, i dont know if this will break you out cuz i never ate food that bread/pasta/something with gluten was cooked on before so....

heres a list of other names of gluten that could be on shampoo:

• stearyldimoniumhydroxypropyl (hydrolyzed wheat protein)

• hydroxypropyltrimonium (hydrolyzed wheat protein)

• amino peptide complex

• hydrolyzed malt extract

• phytosphingosine extract

• samino peptide complex

• cyclodextrin

• prolamine

• beta glucan

• dextrin

• dextrin palmitate

• hydrolyzed vegetable protein

• maltodextrin (can be from barley)

now if you want a to know what i use, a shampoo that is gluten free, "head and shoulders". i contacted the company and they said no gluten in any of their produtcs. i also use it as a soap.

so remember, you see some tasty bread some tasty candy that has dairy in it, think, what is better? to have tasty feeling in my mouth for 10 secound or to have another 2 deep red painful pimples?

and allergy test is not always a good indicator, cuz you might be intolarant to some sort of wheat/food/whatever. and not have allergy, and you know what might happen? you dont have any allergy in the test, but you have acne from this food! but im not sure it might happen, maybe. I never did allergy test, i simply eliminated all possible acne triggering foods. but why to wait to get results from the allergy test? avoid it already, nothing to lose.

good luck

MemberMember
(@lval)

Posted : 05/09/2012 6:50 pm

Seriously why does anyone eat fast food? This is exactly why I tell people acne was a blessing in disguise for me. My body will thank me for the rest of my life being beyond great shape. That food is so disgusting, not to mention people completely understanding that it will fuck up your internal organs, triples your chances for heart disease, diabetes and cancer, but yet no one cares lol. Fools. People these days.

Wow, id like to see some sources backing up those claims. Thats just clean old bullshit.

• Ever seen the movie "Supersize Me" I wont set foot in a McDonalds again. I refuse to believe a cheeseburger that even mold won't grow on is good for you. eusa_sick.gif

MemberMember
(@dreamlify)

Posted : 05/10/2012 12:22 am

I totally know how you feel.

Everything I do, I act, I eat, I drink, I apply/ do not apply IS an issue to me.

I also cannot understand why anybody can eat shit junk food and drinks, smoke, alcohol and their skin is just flawless and please we aren't even exagerating what we observed.

I see many smoke and drink yet their skin is like glass flawless.

Yet much effort on out part is only for the maintance.

Yea we know world is never fair, so is life.

But still as gratful we should be everyday, some times being a normal being we would still upset over so much restrictions of food we eat just to have a normal skin, so as to be accepted by society.

MemberMember
(@stephenmcl)

Posted : 05/11/2012 9:08 am

I know exactly how you feel, i went from october to december last year eating about 300 calories per day, dropped about 3 stone and everyone of my freinds, family, thought i had an eating disorder, i never told any of them, but it was never to lose weight, i did it solely to see if my acne improved, which of course, it didn't it never does, this world is shit.

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 05/11/2012 9:53 am

Seriously why does anyone eat fast food? This is exactly why I tell people acne was a blessing in disguise for me. My body will thank me for the rest of my life being beyond great shape. That food is so disgusting, not to mention people completely understanding that it will fuck up your internal organs, triples your chances for heart disease, diabetes and cancer, but yet no one cares lol. Fools. People these days.

Wow, id like to see some sources backing up those claims. Thats just clean old bullshit.

• Ever seen the movie "Supersize Me" I wont set foot in a McDonalds again. I refuse to believe a cheeseburger that even mold won't grow on is good for you. eusa_sick.gif

I havent seen it but I might soon!

I know exactly how you feel, i went from october to december last year eating about 300 calories per day, dropped about 3 stone and everyone of my freinds, family, thought i had an eating disorder, i never told any of them, but it was never to lose weight, i did it solely to see if my acne improved, which of course, it didn't it never does, this world is shit.

jeez. I hope you find something that works for you. id try and make a suggestion but, its so individual what works. And often just when you THINK something is working, you get a big shock. I though SA+ AHA was really doing good for my skin but then I get an almost allergic reaction to it a few days later. Meh.

MemberMember
(@juicy-c)

Posted : 06/22/2012 3:18 pm

I hear u there. I always have acne on my mind too. And eating fast food seems to trigger breakups. Im so sorry :(

MemberMember
(@onlyskindeep)

Posted : 06/27/2013 2:24 pm

I know this is a very old post but just wanted to say I had this exact same experience today. A group of people I was with all wanted McDonalds for lunch. Needless to say I was the only one not eating anything while everyone else enjoyed themselves. Digging into hamburgers fries sundaes etc. & not one of them even had a visible pore on their face let alone a pimple. Ugh. Genetics suck sometimes.

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 06/28/2013 1:05 am

It sucks especially because most McDonalds in my area have those huge windows with bright sunlight pouring in from all sides and that's the worst lighting possible for acne-prone/scarred skin. Makes me wanna crawl under the table and hide, lol