Notifications
Clear all

How many of you outgrew acne?

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 08/28/2013 3:49 pm

Some people DO grow out of acne. It's more about balancing the right conditions and factors than luck of the draw - usually, raised inflammatory response, excess sebum and skin cells not shedding properly are to blame. These processes are part of the body - a body which, by the way, DOES change in hormonal balance and immune response as a person ages. External factors like diet and facial regimens are usually the way to go, but that doesn't mean that a person's internal factors can't change either.

Oh, and really, try not to be too harsh on your face. Try one treatment at a time and treat it as gently as possible. Too much scrubbing and chemicals CAN make your face worse as it takes longer to heal the excess damage. That's not to say that all chemicals and scrubs should be avoided, just that moderation and care is the key.

And never put BP underneath your first eye bags beneath your eyes. Trust me when I say you have a second set underneath that, whether they're visible or not, and it will make them burn forever.

All the research I've seen supports this. Acne itself may not be directly caused by hormonal imbalances, but what is a result of said imbalances is oily skin. Which of course, is the leading cause of acne in most people. Some people outgrow acne because for whatever reason their hormones are somewhat muted or balanced at some point in the maturation process. This is a fact, and I'm not sure where people are getting the idea that hormones don't play a major role here.

And Darkheart, why would you say acne is a lifelong condition? Where have you heard this? Acne RARELY affects anyone over the age of 50. And the reason? A significant decline in hormonal activity and the slowing of cellular division; meaning less oil, less skin shedding, and less clogged pore

You mentioned the P.acnes bacteria too, Darkheart, and correctly said this is what causes pimples. The oft forgetton part of this conclusion is that P.acnes bacteria NEEDS SEBUM in order to multiply and establish itself on a person's skin. If there is not enough oil, P.acnes has a mild effect at best.

Which brings us back to oily skin, which has been shown to be caused by high androgens or a sensitivity to androgens. This is why in the future, I think we will be using topical DHT blockers to treat acne; used probably after BP and antibiotics but before a Doctor recommends Accutane.

Oily skin is largely genetic and not the result of an imbalance. Most acne prone people have oily glands that genetically produce 5-20 times the amount of sebum than needed and this can persist through the persons life.

The real causes of acne (all of which genetic):

- Being genetically more sensitive to Androgens. People that are are androgen insensitive don't typically evr experience acne.

- Having the genetic defect to produce massive quantities of sebum

- Carrying a gene that causes the skin to hyperkeratinize (shed improperly).

- Overactive immune response to infection (which accounts for the inflammation).

Not quite. I have no desire to argue with you, but you should browse a few studies for your own personal benefit because your info is not entirely consistent with what the academic community is using.

You are not a dermatologist, you are simply a board member of an acne website obsessed with reading online studies and nothing more. I see a top reputable dermatologist and she has made it CLEAR that the biggest acne precursor is hyperkeritinization and genetic factors.

Honestly, get a real job and get a clue! typical dumb American with no health care or education. Your country is truly worthless.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/28/2013 4:02 pm

LOL

Do you think you are the only one in the world who has seen a good derm? I'm sorry to tell you this but she probably just simplified it for you; and you are taking it and running away with it.

Dumb American? LOL I am in the top 10th percentile based on IQ and am studying to be an aerospace enginneer at one of the top institutions in the world.

Your short fuse and un-willingness to see other points of view demonstrates something quite different about your intelligence.

My country is worthless? Where'd that come from? You're really making a fool out of yourself. My country has played a major part in every world war, while yours has sat on the sideline. My country is a military and economic powerhouse (we are declining, but still in the driver's seat for the next few years). My country chooses to intervene wherever in the world we see an injustice.

Your country is known for maple syrup wink.png

(Let me make it clear to other Canadians on here that I respect your country and that this is a sarcastic joke. I'm merely pointing out some facts humorously to defend my country after an ignoramus calls it worthless)

Darkheart, I thought you were more intelligent. In spouting off "typical dumb American","truly worthless country","and "no health care or education" you have offended more than half of this websites members. Nice. If you get so upset over someone not agreeing with you then your life must really be tough.

I have better things to do, so I won't be adding any more off-topic banter in this thread.

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 08/29/2013 11:56 pm

I outgrew acne last year! finally. It did got worse in the end. I do get zits sometimes,I'm dealing with scars now.

Oh, and I am 26 years young.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/30/2013 7:25 am

Lol for the person who said people dont outgrow acne.

More than 80% of teenagers suffer acne. If they didnt outgrow acne, then i wouldve been seeing MOST adults have acne.

Sheesh... Common sense..

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 08/30/2013 3:18 pm

^^ Amen! Thank you for saying that AghhNe... Someone finally managed to state the obvious. It's maddening how some people can be so stubborn and stuck in their negative beliefs that they have to make other people think negatively and suffer with them. That's self-indulgence at it's prime

MemberMember
(@aiko1992)

Posted : 09/06/2013 1:32 pm

The only thing that i have in my skin are red marks, i have them in my cheeks, i did had alot of pimples in my forehead but i don´t have it anymore, my forehead is 99% clear, so in that part of my face i grew out of acne. But i still have red marks and i hate it because my skin is very white, almost pale i should say so it´s way more visible. And also it´s a little bit red, so alot of people think i have moderated acne, which in fact my skin is very smooth with no bumps just scars, and red marks, which i hate so much. I´m 21 years old and i start it having acne probably when i was 11 or 12 years old. The major breakouts where in my 16 and 19 years of age. Now my skin has improve, but just a little bit, still my skin is not clear and you can see my red marks and what i hate the most is that people think that i have pimples which i don´t, they get confused because of my marks but anyways, there really isn´t an age limit where you would grew out acne. For example, my cousin had alot of acne when he was like 17 years old now that he is 23 his skin is very clear so acne for him is in the past. My other cousin she never seem to have acne, maybe she will have when she gets older who knows. Some people never had acne, not even in their teens but when they were like 25 bam! acne all over their face. And other people are very lucky because they never had acne, my mother never had acne in her whole life. So i guess she was blessed with a beautiful skin. My two older sisters never had acne either, they never had any breakouts so i guess i was the unlucky one cry.gif

I just hope my face gets more clear by the time i be 25 or even 30. I just don´t want to spend my entire life with very bad skin.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 09/07/2013 5:26 pm

I'm 18 and my always-clear friends that have never gotten pimples are starting to get some, more often then me. I dont think I have outgrown acne as I still get jawline pimples here and there. But small or none on tzone/temple

MemberMember
(@scar_tissue)

Posted : 09/13/2013 2:31 am

I had severe acne on my forehead middle and part of high school. When I got rid it of it life was good, now the acne has come back mildly on my cheeks where i've never had it before. But I always think to myself, it could be worse.