Notifications
Clear all

How many of you outgrew acne?

MemberMember
(@uruk)

Posted : 01/09/2011 11:58 am

26 now... still not outgrown it completely, but it has gotten less (even though i get really bad cysts now, from time to time)

MemberMember
(@neverpaysattention)

Posted : 01/09/2011 12:21 pm

Yeah I outgrew acne when I was 20 (I'm 22 now). Still get a couple pimples and still have some scars from the acne days but the acne is gone. It all depends on when you first got it, I got hit BAD when I was like 17,18... thankfully its calm now.

MemberMember
(@arcadia)

Posted : 01/11/2011 2:54 am

My mother had acne till she was close to 30. I'm 18 and relatively clear after a year of hard work, but I still get a pimple every now and then (which I assume is due to hormones).

MemberMember
(@fernandox)

Posted : 01/11/2011 3:34 am

MemberMember
(@rubberduck)

Posted : 01/12/2011 7:23 am

My mom and dad said they outgrew theres at 18-19, im 17 now and got acne when I was 13-14, so hopefully not much longer to go, it has got decreasingly worse though.

MemberMember
(@imjewels)

Posted : 07/29/2013 11:11 pm

I'm 17 and I hope I outgrow it just like my dad did

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 07/30/2013 9:36 am

With me, it started at 12 and I still have it moderately at 27. It is always coming back. With the hot weather these days I am always breaking out.

MemberMember
(@bodie81)

Posted : 07/30/2013 2:00 pm

First got acne at twelve and had it more or less continuosly up until the age of thirty. I am now forty and although I do get clear periods, I still continue to breakout. All in all, don`t think I have completely outgrown acne yet! Got my mum and gran to thank - they both had acne and got breakouts well into middle age!

MemberMember
(@spartan32)

Posted : 07/30/2013 7:41 pm

Started at 13 and still as strong as ever at almost 26.

MemberMember
(@wombat666)

Posted : 08/01/2013 7:48 am

My dad says he outgrew his, I'm not sure that my mom ever had any... both are super-clear now. I'm 22 and hoping that there's still a chance I'll outgrow.

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 08/03/2013 11:28 am

I have not outgrown my acne. Though I don't get pimples anymore if I stop my regimen I will get breakouts.

Use this regimen 2 pumps of bp and 2 pumps of cetaphil moisturizer mixed with 30 drops of jojoba oil. Use CVS oilpads to wipe away shine. Your breakouts will stop immediately and within 2 weeks all existing pimples will be gone.

MemberMember
(@bwahaha)

Posted : 08/04/2013 1:14 pm

Started at 12 with mild acne, then...

age 13-14 severe acne

age 15-17 moderate acne

age 18-21 mild acne

age 22-23 occasional acne

age 24-28 more or less clear

My dad's started when he was 13 and it cleared up when he was about 19. My mum didn't really have it. Its genetics, but that doesn't mean you'll follow the same pattern as either of your parents. My brother had it from 17 until about 23, but it was only mild acne.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/04/2013 7:50 pm

I just turned 30 and i've had acne since i was 14/15. My mom still gets minor pimples and she's in her 50's and my dad is clear. Brother gets non inflamed acne but you can hardly tell. I 'll probaby never out grow mine as i am a female, a worrier by nature and i work and live a stressfu life.

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 08/10/2013 7:44 pm

Ugh, I wish I had an answer for you. Heck, I wish I had an answer for myself! I didn't start having ANY acne, zits, whiteheads, etc until I was 16 1/2. I am now 18 1/2 (yes I know I used halves in my age, I was just trying to give a more specific reference lol). It started bad, got better, then cleared up when I was 17, had clear skin for a couple months, came back somewhat, then more, and more. It hasn't been as bad sine I initially started getting acne, but it got bad enough to where I sought treatment. I pray to the derma gods that I outgrow this... and SOON!

It's so hard seeing all my friends, who granted had acne while I didn't, outgrow their acne now. While I got it late and probably will outgrow it (if and when I do), at a much later age. Self confidence... out the window. :(

MemberMember
(@imjewels)

Posted : 08/11/2013 8:47 pm

Ugh, I wish I had an answer for you. Heck, I wish I had an answer for myself! I didn't start having ANY acne, zits, whiteheads, etc until I was 16 1/2. I am now 18 1/2 (yes I know I used halves in my age, I was just trying to give a more specific reference lol). It started bad, got better, then cleared up when I was 17, had clear skin for a couple months, came back somewhat, then more, and more. It hasn't been as bad sine I initially started getting acne, but it got bad enough to where I sought treatment. I pray to the derma gods that I outgrow this... and SOON!

It's so hard seeing all my friends, who granted had acne while I didn't, outgrow their acne now. While I got it late and probably will outgrow it (if and when I do), at a much later age. Self confidence... out the window. sad.png

RIGHT! It's so hard having acne when all your friends have clear skin :'(

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 08/11/2013 9:21 pm

It's so hard seeing all my friends, who granted had acne while I didn't, outgrow their acne now. While I got it late and probably will outgrow it (if and when I do), at a much later age. Self confidence... out the window. sad.png

RIGHT! It's so hard having acne when all your friends have clear skin :'(

It is really difficult. Comparing is never a good thing though and no matter how others perceive me, I always find myself at the bottom of the heap.

Well let's think of it this way... we may outgrow our acne later, but maybe we'll get wrinkles later. All our friends will be 70 and all wrinkly, while we still have dewy, radiant, youthful skin!

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 08/12/2013 4:42 pm

My acne has lessened with age and better treatment (not popping etc). I do think it's possible to outgrow acne if it's hormone related.

MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 08/12/2013 5:11 pm

My acne has lessened with age and better treatment (not popping etc). I do think it's possible to outgrow acne if it's hormone related.

Outgrow acne means that hormones stabilizes.

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 08/12/2013 5:29 pm

Yep. Sorry for not stating that outright. :) Also, there's obviously things you can do to get your hormones more balanced.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/12/2013 5:51 pm

Yep. Sorry for not stating that outright. :) Also, there's obviously things you can do to get your hormones more balanced.

Only for females though. It is scientifically proven that guys have oilier skin than girls. Guys also produce more testosterone than girls. No wonder guys have worse acne lol. The only good thing is, guy skin is thicker and less sensitive than a girl's skin which means, girls age more rapidly than guys and our skin can heal better :P

MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 08/12/2013 6:11 pm

Yeah we have like 20-30% thicker skin than females. Yep that´s the androgen shitty hormone that makes our skin so oily and in result of that worse acne sad.png WHYY!

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 08/13/2013 7:30 am

Ooop, guess I forget that normal ladies don't tend to have as much androgens. I do, so I take it for granted teehee.gif (PCOS = lots of testosterone, DHT and androgens. There's ways to control it for ladies though - some ways for men, too, but you do have less options)

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 08/13/2013 5:31 pm

Yep. Sorry for not stating that outright. smile.png Also, there's obviously things you can do to get your hormones more balanced.

Only for females though. It is scientifically proven that guys have oilier skin than girls. Guys also produce more testosterone than girls. No wonder guys have worse acne lol. The only good thing is, guy skin is thicker and less sensitive than a girl's skin which means, girls age more rapidly than guys and our skin can heal better tongue.png

Not true! You can balance hormones by being on a strict vitamin regimen... It's obviously a much slower method, but at least there's an option. The best vitamins to help balance hormones are Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, and Magnesium. Zinc is also very beneficial to help with acne at higher doses. If you look at my signature you can see what supplements I take. It's been about two week and I swear that my face is less oily. I went from using 1.5 oil papers a day, to using 3/4 of an oil paper. I'm hoping to see even more improvement with time :)

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/13/2013 10:55 pm

Only for females though. It is scientifically proven that guys have oilier skin than girls. Guys also produce more testosterone than girls. No wonder guys have worse acne lol. The only good thing is, guy skin is thicker and less sensitive than a girl's skin which means, girls age more rapidly than guys and our skin can heal better :P

Not true! You can balance hormones by being on a strict vitamin regimen... It's obviously a much slower method, but at least there's an option. The best vitamins to help balance hormones are Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, and Magnesium. Zinc is also very beneficial to help with acne at higher doses. If you look at my signature you can see what supplements I take. It's been about two week and I swear that my face is less oily. I went from using 1.5 oil papers a day, to using 3/4 of an oil paper. I'm hoping to see even more improvement with time :)

Lol, it is true. Guys do have oilier skin, atleast that's what science says.

I thought about supplements but, you need to be careful with those.

I drink green smoothies instead. (Spinach,banana, honey, water)

I also take vitamin c cause it's impossible to overdose vitamin c so it is very safe.

And i take omega 3 fish oil supplement as well.

But that's it cause the other vitamins are risky.

Zinc can cause iron and copper deficiency. That's why people dont reccomend using it long term.

Vitamin a is stored within the liver. That's why it is also dangerous to take. It is risky cause it is toxic at high levels. It is just like accutane. Accutane is from vitamin a which means it is stored within the lungs for a long time which makes accutane very risky hence the side effects.

Vitamin d is also toxic at high levels. I prefer getting my vitamin d with sunlight. You cant overdose from the sunlight cause your body converts just the right amount it needs. It also takes about 15 minutes in the sun to get sufficient vitamin d for the week. But that is only for white people. Darker skin individuals takes more time.

MemberMember
(@thesilentforce)

Posted : 08/16/2013 4:25 pm

I've started having acne problems around 13. I'm 21, and I still have acne problems, although it might be better now. Ever since January, I've been taking half the regular dosage of antibiotics, and I don't think I'm getting noticeably more acne compared to the regular dosage. If I really do have acne problems because of genetic reasons, I'll grow out of it eventually, because so did my maternal grandfather (who also had acne). Too bad my mom doesn't know at what age he grew out of it. It sounds terrible that some people won't grow out of acne. I really hope I do.