Notifications
Clear all

you know its bad when..

MemberMember
(@mementomori)

Posted : 09/18/2014 8:28 pm

When...

-You don't have many friends left because you've cancelled plans so many times.

-You cancel appointments with derms because you feel so insecure with someone looking at your skin up close and personal.

-You constantly check mirrors to see if things have changed.

-You don't look forward to birthdays because it's another year that has gone without anything changing.

-You avoid bright lights like a plague.

I could go on forever...

MemberMember
(@kay789)

Posted : 09/22/2014 12:45 pm

...when you make a career change to a job that involves less contact with people solely because of your acne.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 09/23/2014 6:05 pm

The holistic practitioner emails you and states that your particular case is more complicated than he anticipated and offers to refund you.

Yup...it happened to me.

MemberMember
(@icogito)

Posted : 09/23/2014 6:09 pm

when you spend entire day in bed drinking whiskey and eating baby carrots..wait, when did I become Marla Singer.

You'll never get married because of how ugly you look.

:( I am sorry. I am sure someone will marry you soon.

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 09/23/2014 7:38 pm

When spending an entire day drinking whiskey and eating baby carrots in bed sounds like a fantastic idea! :)

MemberMember
(@yerrrrrrrp)

Posted : 09/23/2014 8:58 pm

When you dont go to vegas with your friends because you know every drunk person is going to stare

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/23/2014 11:35 pm

when u cnt leave ur house bcs of ur fucking face

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 09/25/2014 5:26 pm

Hi everyone, so wow I cannot believe that I started this post 4 years ago or that its had over 390 replies, moreover I can now look back and realise that actually this post is quite negative, although humorous in some respects that we can all relate with one another on various aspects.

So the reason I am posting here now 4 years later on my own thread is because I have started a blog, I think it may be of interest...

feel free to check it out, I have literally just started it now and I am excited to get feed back and hopefully make some changes for everyone and myself. the link is as follows >

http://peterperfectme.wordpress.com/2014/09/25/the-why/

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 09/28/2014 11:09 pm

when u take a 2nd course of accutane.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/19/2014 1:04 am

A thought crosses your mind of changing your religion so you can wear attire that shows only your eyes.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/19/2014 10:51 am

You still view yourself as the pimple-faced girl even through you're acne-free...

You realize you've had acne longer than most of the people on here have been alive lol

I've met some pretty cool people on here...it's good to connect with people who understand

Solidarity! :)

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/29/2014 11:36 pm

You carry a small mirror wth you to class and frequently check how your skin looks

Thinking that everyone that looks at you is staring at your scars thinking your not worthy and nasty

MemberMember
(@gs3)

Posted : 10/30/2014 6:00 am

When you call in sick to work because of a breakout

When you joined the forum years ago and didn't think you'd still be here trying to get clear

Why you pop a cyst by pushing it from inside your mouth with your tongue

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 11/22/2014 1:38 pm

wow i got tons of this

when you want to visit your loving grandam but hate to go out ....untill she pass you and you find yourself staring at her grave ...like a effing moron

when you get a piece of a mirror and take it with you every time you go

when you avoid mirrors al day and stay at home

when you read acne blogs while you should studying (doing it right now)

when you go on accutane andit gives you a flacky sclap that still lasting for this day

when you have hair free patches in your beard because of accutane and you have to shave every 5 days so they wont be noticable

when you pick on a pimple untill it bleads thinking this way people will think its a cut instead of pimple

what an awefull days

MemberMember
(@jasminevt)

Posted : 02/23/2015 12:16 am

when you watch The Elephant Man and identify with the main character

MemberMember
(@hollenstein)

Posted : 02/23/2015 3:44 pm

when you watch the first episode of moomin and cry

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 08/10/2016 10:43 pm

.....all you think about all day is lighting and how it makes your acne scars look.
.....you always blush when talking to people because acne and acne scars have taken away all of your self worth and you hate yourself now.
.....you look in the mirror all the time to see if your acne and scars look better
.....you realize that the last two years have been spent worrying about acne and scars

Oh man, acne and acne scars are a real pain

MemberMember
(@azstl25)

Posted : 08/15/2016 2:19 am

When people look at you and say EWWWWWW, and you're like yea whatever.

MemberMember
(@eyeback)

Posted : 08/15/2016 12:14 pm

When you Spend your day looking at yourself on your phone frontcamera to try to convince you its not that bad

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/16/2016 3:09 am

- when you have to be no-show to your grandparents' birthday lunch cause your face is gross from you picking at it.
- when you know makeup & skin care sales will comment on your skin so you hate visiting those stores.
- when you refuse to FaceTime w/ your boyfriend cause you don't want him to see your face.
- when you have to be the last one to sleep & first one to get up so no one will see you w/o makeup.
- when you have to wear mask to work and tell people you have allergy so they won't embarrass you w/ their "caring."
- when someone w/ flawless skin says "my skin used to be like yours." (No it didn't. You probably just got one zit.)
- when you worry about breaking out after eating things you should be avoiding.
- when you can't leave the house w/o first putting on makeup.