MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 09/02/2013 11:34 pm

When you stop giving a shit about your skin and it actually clears up

WTF.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 09/03/2013 11:52 pm

when you consider becoming Muslim just to wear a burka (sorry, it really did cross my mind!)

MemberMember
(@vanessa2002)

Posted : 09/04/2013 7:10 am

when you consider becoming Muslim just to wear a burka (sorry, it really did cross my mind!)

Hah! I've been thinking exactly the same. For most women having to wear a burka would be a horrible prospect, for me it would be a relief.

WishClean liked
MemberMember
(@chaachii)

Posted : 10/06/2013 11:37 am

you know it's bad when it actually hurts your acne to laugh or smile [Edited link out]

MemberMember
(@chaachii)

Posted : 10/06/2013 11:38 am

you know it's bad when you have not worn a tanktop in 3 years

MemberMember
(@chaachii)

Posted : 10/06/2013 5:08 pm

you know its bad when you got a fringe just do cover your forehead and face

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 10/06/2013 7:49 pm

8-9 times a day...that's an understatement in my case :/

benzy3 liked
MemberMember
(@dmitriy)

Posted : 10/06/2013 8:10 pm

when you're dropping everything you're worked so hard for your whole life in order to achieve your dreams but deciding to move 7000 miles away to leave everything behind because of the horrible scars on your face keeps you from getting what you want. That's what I'm doing ... T_T

MemberMember
(@sunny_d)

Posted : 11/04/2013 5:46 pm

When, you avoid harsh lighting in restaurants when out with friends or sit in the dimmest area when your out

When, you talk to people and you see them talking to you but surveying your face and you can almost hear what they're thinking about you and the wprst thing is you can do NOTHING about it

When, you avoid taking pictures in broad daylight/next to your beautiful/clear skin friend/cousin etc

When, you spend HOURS on acne.org when you should be doing your homework/uni work/assignments/work prep

When, you can't look at your mum or dad in the eyes when they talk to you because your embarrassed of your skin

When, you wake up every morning and run to the mirror to see what your face looks like

When, you go to bed every night lathering layers of acne creams/ moisturisers on

When, you spend 1 hour or more putting make-up on EVERY morning

When, you leave your hair down and around your face so that people don't see your skin

When, you can write this ONGOING list for hours and hours but you should probably stop cos this obsession isn't healthy.

When, you get happy when your clear skinned friend has a spot or two and you think "SEE, THIS is what ACNE feels like".

When, you cannot go swimming/sauna/steam room with your friends because you cannot wear make-up.

When, you hope you won't be a spotty bride when you get married and your husband loves you for who you are and not what your skin looks like.

When, you realise this list is NEVER ENDING and is becoming unhealthy :(

HOPE WE ALL FIND OUR HAPPY PLACE IF ANY AT ALL WITH OUR ACNE.

FOREVER SEARCHING FOR A CURE !!!

MemberMember
(@solis1)

Posted : 11/08/2013 12:30 pm

When you laugh at most of these agreeing that they are so true.

Woow these really made me laugh, highlight of my day. It's nice knowing your not the only one going through this. But it still sucks because its so bad that you delete your face book of your phone so people will not deal with the possibility of people inviting you to places etc and to save you the depressing thoughts that come to your mind when everybody on Fb has clear skin an doesn't know what's it like dealing with acne. (My personal one that I doubt people have done)...

MemberMember
(@chaachii)

Posted : 08/02/2014 2:08 am

You get mad at the people in acne commercials stating the product gave them clear skin. Lies

Sydboi liked
MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/02/2014 3:42 pm

When you dump someone you really like who you will only see when you look flawless, and give no reason, because this breakout isn't going away in a week or two.

MemberMember
(@aeris7)

Posted : 08/04/2014 12:51 am

...when every person you come across in public stares or makes comments....some being unintentionally hurtful...like asking if I'm ok because the acne is so swollen that it looks like I had an allergic reaction to peanuts or something.

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 08/04/2014 5:45 pm

-When you laugh at commercials for "Clearisil" or "Neurtogena" knowing full well there products dont do shit for acne.

-When you look at everyones skin you meet obsessively (just me?)

-When you could slap your best friend for complaining about one small zit on her perfect complexion BITCH PLEASE

-When youve been trying to get clear skin since the age of 12 and your first breakouts

-Not being able to buy certain clothes because of your body acne

I could go on...

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/04/2014 7:30 pm

when u get:

hyperpigmentation

scars

pores/scarred pores

little broken veins on nose

r getting old or r like rly old already

but acne is not even beggining to stop yet nd just continues to ruin u further?

when u get new pals bt they all have flawless skin nd u just starting to run out of excuses of why u cant meet them

when u loose frnds/pals bcs of it

when u drop out of school/college

cant get job

when all ur dreams nd ambitions r dead

when ur youth is mostly wasted on this shit

when u cant rly get good at anything bcs most of ur time ur either affected by acne or trying to fix it/looking for info etc

MemberMember
(@olliejr)

Posted : 08/05/2014 3:20 am

You've had it pointed out everyday since you started getting it 5 years ago.

You've contemplated suicide.

You're jealous of your family and friends.

You've been battling for 5 years and it doesn't look much better from the day you started.

You've avoided social situations depending on the state of your skin.

You're more worried about your skin than exams you're taking.

xxCathyxx liked
MemberMember
(@timetomoveon)

Posted : 08/06/2014 7:33 am

When your best friend with one pimple complains about how bad her face is and she can't go out in public "looking like a freak".I wish..

xxCathyxx liked
MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/09/2014 12:56 pm

... at a party, you don't get in the hot tub with a cute boy you are hitting it off with because you have a couple zits on your back and don't want your makeup to melt off. You don't even get his number. You leave without saying goodbye.

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 08/09/2014 1:06 pm

when you know accutane is the only thing that legit works.

fouzi94 liked
MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/11/2014 8:08 am

when u look at the meth face pics nd think they r not that bad looking? :/

MemberMember
(@dearcasey01)

Posted : 08/11/2014 2:24 pm

*when you know your Detmatologist's number by heart.

*when you spend 24hrs a day contemplating on the "if had clear skin, I'd..." scenario.

*when you take about 6 different pills a day JUST for acne.

*when you honestly don't want to live anymore.

THAT is when you know it's truly bad.

when you know accutane is the only thing that legit works.

...when even accutane doesn't work.

Francopld liked
MemberMember
(@xxcathyxx)

Posted : 08/12/2014 3:13 am

When you want to cry when girls with perfect skin say that they want to kill themselves because they have ONE teeny tiny pimple.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/15/2014 9:35 am

lol when you try to log into ur pc but you type "omega 3" instead of your password?

aeris7 liked
MemberMember
(@khaled91)

Posted : 08/22/2014 1:06 pm

When i happen to read all comments in this thread and come to the realization that every single event happened to all of you or every single thought that has crossed you mind i experience 24/7 !!!!

MemberMember
(@kittyvine1)

Posted : 08/23/2014 3:36 am

when you can't leave the house without makeup to cover your scars.

when you don't want to hang out with your friends during the day or in natural lighting even if you have a shit ton of makeup on.