Notifications
Clear all

How ya feelin' about your acne today?

MemberMember
(@japjeev)

Posted : 07/28/2011 10:40 pm

feeling like crap... i broke out but i have music and some games to calm me down :D i just want to be a little clear of acne by end of sumer

MemberMember
(@ectobiologist)

Posted : 07/29/2011 12:08 am

Hello, I'm new here but I thought I'd pop in and say hi.

I feel absolutely horrible about my acne everyday. I have hereditary cystic acne It makes me feel ugly and I hate not enjoying going to the beach or the pool because I can't take my shirt off, which, then leads me to get depressed. I just feel so hideous. Bluhh.

MemberMember
(@captainawesome)

Posted : 07/29/2011 2:00 am

It feels like shit today, just as it does every other day. Thank god the accutane appears to be working.

MemberMember
(@xjessaminx)

Posted : 07/29/2011 2:16 am

I feel a bit stressed about a break out on my right cheek as because my skin is starting to clear up, it seems really awful! I know that the regimen is starting to work for me though and it has gotten better overall, so I'm trying to keep stress levels to a minimum. (: Keep smiling & ignoring it is working so far.

I know how you feel. I was just almost clear (cept for scars) and I got that monthly breakout...not near as bad as its ben. And atlthough its reallyont that bad (in comparison to other times) it gives you that slipping feeling, like oyu almost feel back into thep it of zitopia. But dont fret, continue with your regimen and gain persepctive. ITsgetting better right?

Yeah, slowly but surely I'm pretty positive it's beginning to sort itself out. I just sometimes have those days where I feel like I'm going backwards! D:

betsy91 liked
MemberMember
(@kaley)

Posted : 07/29/2011 3:05 am

Thanks for the support Kaley! It is so hard to distract myself with other things. It is like as if any problem that I had back when I was clear looks so minor now.

Anyway, I hope everything goes fine with your soon to be boyfriend!

No problem! Just remember to be strong! Try to let go of your worry about what other people are going to think of your acne and the pressure to look perfect. People actually will, and i'm sure do accept you with or without clear skin! You'd be surprised how much relief you will feel and how much fun you can have when your not obsessing over your skin!

And my night went wonderful :) met his parents (eeek) and then went and met up with some other people! still no talk about what we are/where our relationship stands but i'm sure it will come with time. My skin was pretty clear as well, i have some embarassing marks that I was able to cover up the redness so at least my skin looked decent, but I didn't allow myself to waste any time or brain space worrying about it! And he obviously didn't either because he kept telling me how great i looked, he even sent me a text once i got home telling me i looked amazing tonight. <3

MemberMember
(@edmund-de-gloucester)

Posted : 07/29/2011 5:47 pm

Hello, I'm new here but I thought I'd pop in and say hi.

I feel absolutely horrible about my acne everyday. I have hereditary cystic acne It makes me feel ugly and I hate not enjoying going to the beach or the pool because I can't take my shirt off, which, then leads me to get depressed. I just feel so hideous. Bluhh.

Mine is hereditary too! :) It comes from my mother's side and I have the worst in the family. I hate taking my shirt off too! My chest is hideous, but also because I'm out of shape. You're not alone!

MemberMember
(@vitaminoflove333)

Posted : 07/29/2011 10:29 pm

At first I was kinda pissed today. Becuase I got some tiny white heads. Than i gained some fucking perspective. My scars faded osm cuh and are looking som uch better , along with red marks and everything:) And I relaized whiteheads are not even noticeabel and theyll be gone before I know it. A little pissed about the papule at the bototm corner of my chin, but its in a really unnoticable place. so gained some, lost some:) Its getting way better than it was. I went out an swam with no makeup today, and drank water (thats rare for me). I feel good, weddings 2moro. :)

MemberMember
(@vitaminoflove333)

Posted : 07/29/2011 10:32 pm

I feel a bit stressed about a break out on my right cheek as because my skin is starting to clear up, it seems really awful! I know that the regimen is starting to work for me though and it has gotten better overall, so I'm trying to keep stress levels to a minimum. (: Keep smiling & ignoring it is working so far.

I know how you feel. I was just almost clear (cept for scars) and I got that monthly breakout...not near as bad as its ben. And atlthough its reallyont that bad (in comparison to other times) it gives you that slipping feeling, like oyu almost feel back into thep it of zitopia. But dont fret, continue with your regimen and gain persepctive. ITsgetting better right?

Yeah, slowly but surely I'm pretty positive it's beginning to sort itself out. I just sometimes have those days where I feel like I'm going backwards! D:

I know what you mean. I felt that these past days becuase i got some small zits form the-time-of-the-month breakout. But than i ralzied everything else is looking way better, and theyll be gone b4 u know it. Just smile, worrying does notihng.

MemberMember
(@09alisa)

Posted : 07/29/2011 11:31 pm

I'm feeling pretty bad about my skin right now. I felt like I was having pretty good progress, until recently. I broke out terribly, and I'm hating it so much. Clear skin seems so far away, and impossible. :(

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/30/2011 12:22 am

Today, that damn time of the month came along (hello break outs). After a month on my new regime and feeling great about myself, I fell right back down to where I started. Today also happened to be my best friend's birthday and I went over. Her little cousin poked me and said hello and I said hi back and went back to talking to my friend. She poked me again and asked me why my face was ugly.... I just turned right around and walked out the door. I hate children for that exact reason. I wish I could shield my face from kids to avoid them from pointing out things. I understand that they don't know any better but what kids say is what really gets to me...

Go to hell acne.

MemberMember
(@vitaminoflove333)

Posted : 07/30/2011 12:59 am

Today, that damn time of the month came along (hello break outs). After a month on my new regime and feeling great about myself, I fell right back down to where I started. Today also happened to be my best friend's birthday and I went over. Her little cousin poked me and said hello and I said hi back and went back to talking to my friend. She poked me again and asked me why my face was ugly.... I just turned right around and walked out the door. I hate children for that exact reason. I wish I could shield my face from kids to avoid them from pointing out things. I understand that they don't know any better but what kids say is what really gets to me...

Go to hell acne.

Im so soory. Theyre little kids and there stupid, I hate them too. Just frget it, they dont know and theyll beo n here in 10 years freaknig out abotu there zits too. I recently had the monthly breakut too. Just remember your prgress you had form the regimen. Theres always a few bumps in the road:) itll get better

MemberMember
(@vitaminoflove333)

Posted : 07/30/2011 11:11 pm

Good, my big zit already dissapered and so did the whiteheads. So that over. Things are looknig faded , which is good.

Im a little frightned about camping for 3 days this Wednesday.....If i wash my face there like regular, and use my Erythrmycin like usual, do you think ill break out? Or do you think the mountain air will refresh it? I plan on doing my same regimen, since they have showers there

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/31/2011 12:48 am

Today I feel better about my acne. A lot better than yesterday. The painful white heads that i kept poping and that kept haunting me went away :)

The time of the month break outs are going away too.

I just gotta wait for my acne to go away forever so I can start my scar treatments. If only I can see my new hero, my dermatologist in Mexico :|

:)

MemberMember
(@kelso57)

Posted : 07/31/2011 1:14 am

every face i look at (not on this website lol) seems to have great skin wtf

why is there no fellow acne sufferers where i live

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/31/2011 1:34 am

every face i look at (not on this website lol) seems to have great skin wtf

why is there no fellow acne sufferers where i live

i fu**ing agree with you! I'm the ugliest person in my town, and all the heartless girls here are pretty. why me? haha

MemberMember
(@xjessaminx)

Posted : 07/31/2011 9:49 am

Just awful. Being ill all week has left me with a terrible break out and what should've been a great day with friends turned into a bad day where I've come home early and am now sitting in the garden praying sun will help. I'm terrified it's going to get worse..

MemberMember
(@djc2009)

Posted : 07/31/2011 10:25 am

Hang in there everyone! Similar thing here xjessaminx, missed a birthday party on Friday cos of the state of my face!

If 1 was good and 10 was bad im feeling about a 9 at the mo!

I have had a couple of big sore red marks which never actually developed into spots between my eyebrows for the last week and they just dont seem to go away!

Also got a load of whiteheads and red marks going on around my mouth meh...

MemberMember
(@carrielee)

Posted : 08/01/2011 7:44 am

Still crappy...I woke up with about 7 new actives. :( I'm making an appointment to get this damn IUD out next week. This is stupid to run the risk of possibly scarring my face permanently for birth control. Just STUPID!

MemberMember
(@paulh85)

Posted : 08/01/2011 11:47 am

Couple of pimples on my chin which are healing now. Nothing active. Went to the beach yesterday so my typically pale British skin has some colour for a change. Liked what I saw in the mirror earlier, not often that happens.

So all pretty good actually. Just a pity I feel really rubbish in myself, but that's another subject entirely...

MemberMember
(@lacydecay)

Posted : 08/01/2011 12:05 pm

huge 'that time of the month' breakout. ugh. every month without fail.

load of balls

MemberMember
(@kittens-with-mittens)

Posted : 08/01/2011 1:28 pm

Im pretty okay with it now.

Just got over a few large cysts directly on my nose. (Each lasting a combined total of about 20 days) Dx

In my opinion my skin is looking the best it has in a while. It could still definitely be better but Im not complaining I guess. :'3

MemberMember
(@darla123)

Posted : 08/01/2011 2:28 pm

Terrible! Just got three new papules above my eyebrows- and they're SYMMETRICAL.

I was clearing up and getting all excited because I have to go to my cousin's graduation and wanted to be clear for that, but guess I won't be now :( It's in a different state, too, so the water is different=me breaking out every time I wash my face there :(

MemberMember
(@xjessaminx)

Posted : 08/01/2011 4:52 pm

Since feeling really down recently I just had a video chat with my friend completely makeupless because I haven't seen her in ages and there was no way I was going to put a full face of makeup on at 10pm OR cancel on her and without her knowing anything the first thing she said was, 'how fresh faced and lovely do you look!' made me feel so much better and actually nearly made me want to cry (in a good way - how sad is that!). I hope I'm going to keep feeling positive - this rollercoaster is so draining sometimes and people I know just have no idea how it can make you feel emotionally.

MemberMember
(@holly137)

Posted : 08/01/2011 6:14 pm

I'm actually feeling good about my acne today, and for the past couple of weeks actually which is such a change. It's not gone away but I think my Dianette is finally kicking in and it seems to be getting very slowly better. It's not flawless, I still have between 5-10 lil bumps/clogged pores, a couple of healing scabby dry patches etc, but in comparison to a month ago, it's soo much better. Even the texture of my skin is SO much better. I think that's been the biggest improvement, it just looks healthier, even with the acne. I obviously want it to clear up completely but it's so much more manageable in the state it's currently in. I just hope the progress continues and it doesn't get worse in a few days.

I hope everyone else is doing ok and keeping their spirits up.

MemberMember
(@monstergirl)

Posted : 08/01/2011 7:34 pm

I am such a sensitive person about everything, but most of all my acne. I just get so upset about my skin- it makes me feel like a monster. I've had breakouts for as long as I can remember. I'm 24 and little zits first started popping up when I was 10. I've tried everything short of accutane.... and I don't think my skin is currently bad enough to warrant it. I have wanted to be an actress for a long time, but I don't feel confident about my looks yet because of my skin so I keep putting it off. I just went to the dermatologist to change up my meds, but I've sort of lost faith that anything can get me looking like a normal person. I work so hard on it, but my skin still looks bad. Very upsetting :(