Notifications
Clear all

How ya feelin' about your acne today?

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 04/27/2017 2:58 am

14 hours ago, Fellowyogi said:

Everyday lately seems to be a struggle , I want to believe that accutane is going to clear me but staring my 4th month and I still have clogged pores , black heads, and milia . I shouldn't have had such high expectations, that my skin would be flawless. So yeah today is a tough day.

There is this body builder on youtube that took accutane for two years, he's pretty popular actually, his name is Brian Turner. Check him out for motivation through this dark, difficult time of yours. Hope you are clear soon :)

MemberMember
(@rubyk)

Posted : 07/09/2017 9:29 pm

I am grateful that my acne treatment worked and now I am down to PIH. I am undergoing IPL treatment for the marks and there has been gradual improvement. Marks were suppose to clear after 2 treatments but my inflammation was so deep during the breakout it is taking a longer time. Everyday is a struggle. After every treatment, there's fear and anxiety that the marks will not clear for good. I thought once the acne cleared I will be feeling much better but the marks has equally ruined my self esteem. I struggle everyday and I can't even look at myself in the mirror

MemberMember
(@mylifeispain)

Posted : 07/24/2017 3:17 am

Im feeling terrible today. Last week I was looking sort of OK and I had a job interview, which I won and the boss said that I should come today for the first time. Unfortunately during the weekend I developed a giant pimple on my cheek, which made me really depressed. Today I had to call him and lie to him, that I cant come today. Yes, first day at a new job and I was unable to come due to a giant zit. Now I have to lie to my family, why I wasnt at work. I hate these moments ... I wish my acne problems would end after 5 years of struggle, but it seems like there's no end and my acne will last forever ... #FML

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/28/2017 7:44 pm

Annoyed. Despite being on spiro, it seems that stress still has a bigger influence. Dealing with 5 active pimples with whiteheads............

MemberMember
(@mylifeispain)

Posted : 11/09/2017 5:27 am

This past week has been an absolutely hell for me. Not that I would look terrible, I just had some very dark feelings and felt really depressed and anxious. When I think about that I will graduate in like 6 months and have to go through the process of looking for a job, while I dont really have any friends and never really clicked with anyone ... it made me really really sad. So sad, that I booked an appointment with a psychiatrist. Well today I had the appointment and wasnt really looking that bad (only had a couple of older healing pimples) and I tried to explain what was bothering me. I briefly mentioned acne and other problems, that I am not happy with how I look, but she didnt really understand. Since then I wasnt able to talk about acne anymore. I just complained that I have like almost no beard or facial hair, that I look younger than my peers, or that I have a weird bump at the back of my head. She didnt really understand, probably because she doesnt get a lot of people like me. Anyway she prescribed me some antidepressants, so hopefully even if I dont treat my acne, at least I wont have this horrendous anxiety attacks and depression. I am little bit scared about the next appointment, whether I should lie, that everything just got better, or try to tell her about the acne again. Nevertheless, I honestly hope that you all feel at least mentally OK, while maybe not looking the best, because these mental problems are sometimes worse than the actual disease. Have a great day everyone.

MemberMember
(@depressedwithmyface)

Posted : 12/17/2017 12:31 am

Got one big zit on the centre of forehead. The marks havent faded even 1%. Feeling shitty as usual.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 12/17/2017 7:37 pm

Sad...... holidays are hard regardless and realizing that Im heading into another new year with the same old issue is frustrating and makes me feel sad. Feeling hopeless......

MemberMember
(@bellacat)

Posted : 12/17/2017 9:31 pm

1 hour ago, leelowe1 said:

Sad...... holidays are hard regardless and realizing that Im heading into another new year with the same old issue is frustrating and makes me feel sad. Feeling hopeless......

Was just about to write a post here about feeling the same exact way. The Holidays have been pretty dark for me the last few years, this year hasn't been better.

leelowe1 liked
MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 01/14/2018 7:51 pm

Frustrated. Every time some healing occurs, i get 2-3 new spots. This week especially was very frustrating as i developed 7 inflamed pimples on my lip.

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 03/19/2018 6:46 am

Is there any other way but just to say I FEEL AND LOOK LIKE S#%T!!!

I look like a pepperoni pizza. And these dang zits hurt like heck... Ugh... been struggling for 8 years now of on and off acne breakouts. All thanks to my messed up hormones. PCOS Acne is soo hard to treat. And I can start to feel my back is starting to act up as well.... gggrrrr

Well, trying a modified Acne.org regimen for now and see if it works. I will be using the Johnsons top to toe baby wash for a cleanser, then I have the Acne.org BP treatment, and i have my trusted moisturizer.

God - please help me and heal me... Amen

MemberMember
(@turko)

Posted : 03/19/2018 8:44 am

I just can't accept living this way anymore... i just can't win.

11 years of acne, it's killing me each day, when you think its getting better, worses again and the circle never ends. God, what i did to deserve it? I did not suffer enough?

5 accutane courses already and no permanent cure... so tired to spend money in useless treatments, no one f*cking care, why? Why they think this all complain and bullshit?It's so easy to say when it's not you who's suffering, i am literally crying.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/24/2018 7:26 pm

On 3/19/2018 at 9:44 AM, Turko said:

I just can't accept living this way anymore... i just can't win.

11 years of acne, it's killing me each day, when you think its getting better, worses again and the circle never ends. God, what i did to deserve it? I did not suffer enough?

5 accutane courses already and no permanent cure... so tired to spend money in useless treatments, no one f*cking care, why? Why they think this all complain and bullshit?It's so easy to say when it's not you who's suffering, i am literally crying.

Hang in there. I'm a three time accutane user and i'm still struggling at almost 35. No one ever does anything to deserve acne - it's just a roll of the dice.

Feeling tired. I'm back to seeing a naturopath in conjunction with taking spiro. The last month has been really down for my skin. I'm slowly implementing the supplements that she prescribed. Feeling frustrated with my skin , my job, everything. Starting to date again after a long break and definitely stressing about my skin. In a way, it may be a blessing in disguise. It'll weed out the guys that are superficial and leave the ones who are more interested in getting to know me as a person.

Still.....wish i didn't have to deal with this.

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 04/27/2020 8:36 am

feeling hopeless. i dont know much money ive wasted in the last year but its more than $400 just trying to find a miracle product. still nothing.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 05/12/2020 4:06 am

On 4/27/2020 at 8:36 AM, hopeless87 said:

feeling hopeless. i dont know much money ive wasted in the last year but its more than $400 just trying to find a miracle product. still nothing.

It's a rabbit hole friend watch out. I spent probably a few thousand over a few years trying to do the same thing. I had come up with plans and regimens that in the end were ridiculous and not sustainable.

Hang in there.