Notifications
Clear all

Attracted to people with acne/scars?

MemberMember
(@laura-lou)

Posted : 09/04/2009 1:36 am

Y'day, I saw a guy who had lots of acne scarring, but needless to say, he was one of the most attractive people i've ever seen.

Acne/scarring doesn't bother me in the slightest.

MemberMember
(@gewher)

Posted : 09/04/2009 11:00 am

One of the most attractive guys I've ever seen has acne scarring.

His name is Chris Pine.

MemberMember
(@theablativecase)

Posted : 06/22/2019 7:04 pm

The guys I was most attracted to in HS all had bad cases of acne. They were all (3) handsome, and somehow thier acne enhanced their.looks, for me. Later, I read that acne in young men is often a result of testosterone, so I thought maybe my attraction was happening in the hormonal level. I was responding to their acne as a display of their testosterone/virility/manhood. I suppose it could be so. I married a handsome guy with acne scars on his cheeks. :)

MemberMember
(@mxx)

Posted : 06/25/2019 4:19 pm

I've always thought it was strange for a female to be attracted to a guy with acne scars because it shows that he has faulty genetics. I feel the same way about glasses (and I have a fetish for gals with acne scars who wear glasses so i'm not biased)

MemberMember
(@unusednylon)

Posted : 07/05/2019 10:30 am

I think acne/scars works in my brain different, before all this I didn't care about people's skin at all. But now I'm attracted to super clear smooth glass skin (I just find it so beautiful and unreachable), but in my brain they'dfind me super gross.

I'm actually married to a non-skin-perfect girl with "normal" (few marks)skin and she don't care at all for my scars (she's so much better human being than me)

MemberMember
(@foodforthought)

Posted : 07/10/2019 2:05 am

Evolutionary theory states that people will be attracted to those who have shown strength in overcoming pain; hence tattoos/piercings being attractive to some.Just check-out the peacock, whose massive tail is so heavy it puts it at a massive disadvantage running away from predators. It shows that it must be especially fit to overcome that.

I've dated people with perfect skin (no particular preference) and they have never seemed to notice or be bothered by my acne; I'm the only one who has been bothered by it.