Notifications
Clear all

Having good looking friends

MemberMember
(@kyza)

Posted : 05/19/2009 5:43 am

well for me , one of the worst things about acne is having extremely good looking friends. They are my best friends and they have everything, it seems as though good things are attracted to good looking ppl. Anyway when we go out chilling and scoping for girls, girls always stare at them but look away when they look at me, or just not look at me, everytime this happens i die a little inside. I mean im happy for them and i wouldn't wish acne upon them, or anybody for that matter but hey man it sucks not only having acne but to be compared to two good looking guys makes me look worse haha. anyone ever get this or anyone know a good way to stop having these feelings?

penelopeO liked
MemberMember
(@lifesover)

Posted : 05/19/2009 11:57 am

Start hanging out with fatties

MemberMember
(@narcissist)

Posted : 05/19/2009 1:34 pm

Start hanging out with fatties

Or rub grease on their faces as they sleep

MemberMember
(@jamris12)

Posted : 05/19/2009 2:13 pm

i also have really pretty friends. i don't mean to get all cliche, but i think what makes them so pretty is how they carry themselves and the fact that they're trustworthy and mean what they say.

i have been jealous of them for how they look physically and their abilities, but just like you i would never wish acne on them or anyone. for me, the key to improving my mindset is making a constant effort everyday to stop comparing myself to others. i think it's a natural thing to do some time or another, esp. since our minds are always wandering, but i know in the back of my mind life wouldn't be exciting or fun if we were all clones.

MemberMember
(@save-lives-swat)

Posted : 05/19/2009 4:13 pm

Ok, so you may have acne now. When you DO clear up, you will hopefully have a even richer appreciation for life than you already do. Why? Because of the suffering you endured from acne. Where your friends could not appreciate life, hopefully you will. When its all said and done, get a nice tan, whiten the teeth up like a mother, get all spiffy and bam! (not saying you aren't tan or have white teeth, but there's usually room to improve, generally speaking)

It's the philosophy of how people who are about to get married can't see each other for a while and when they do it is so exciting because of the restraint. If you LET it bother you, people can see in some way shape or form that something is wrong. The way you are holding yourself perhaps? Your thoughts may be belittling you. If you just don't care and are friendly to everyone, you may be surprised at the results.

By the way, would you really WANT a person who judges you for your appearance? I know that when I look at a girl, I look her right dead in the eyes and try to see who she truly is. That's all that freaking matters. Realize what you have to offer this world and they will see it too.

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 05/19/2009 5:01 pm

The only possible way to stop having those types of feelings are to change your self-perception. Your friends care about and love you. Otherwise, they wouldn't choose to spend time with you. Friendship bypasses all of that when you think about it. Why did you start to hang out with them, because they were attractive? or was it something more? Some common ground or common personality trait that you identified with. That right there is worth more than anything else you could ever hope for in life. People who choose to be around you and enjoy your company.

It just takes realizing that and deciding that you are worth just as much as them. I am not saying that your friends aren't attractive, people are what they are, but have you ever thought that maybe they seem even more attractive to you because you ARE friends? Personality adds a spark to a person or takes away the shine.

MemberMember
(@charlotte_89)

Posted : 05/19/2009 5:04 pm

Agree with whats already been put. you have to stop comparing. focus only on how far you've come. the thing you really need is confidence, not necessarily clear skin, so you need to be content with yourself first. when you have deep self-esteem that's not based on aesthetics, your confidence will come naturally, thus will the girls. So it's time to start getting to know yourself

MemberMember
(@penelopeo)

Posted : 04/15/2017 9:51 am

i feel u lol