Notifications
Clear all

Mind over Acne

MemberMember
(@jonima)

Posted : 12/26/2008 9:02 pm

...or you can just beat the shit out of anyone that makes fun of your face. I got suspended for 3 days (got to stay home and hide my face YAY!lol) I punched the kid in the face 4 times then got pulled away by the deen. The kid just kept walking by me cracking jokes till I fucked his face up. He soon will get acne very lol People tell me he doesnt have and armpit hair and he is 15. What a bitch

man, i realize that acne can just push ppl to crack jokes, which pisses me off, and it can cause us to lash out because were in so much pain and were yearning to get clear.

i know how that little faggot is. i bet he's a scrawny little fuck who has no acne, no facial hair, nothing. i bet he wouldnt know what puberty was if it you punched it in his face lol. let me guess, his voice and testicles havent dropped yet either? haha

puberty... we grow, we grow, we will grow out of this acne. hopefully, i will not get adult acne.

MemberMember
(@jonima)

Posted : 12/26/2008 9:22 pm

...or you can just beat the shit out of anyone that makes fun of your face. I got suspended for 3 days (got to stay home and hide my face YAY!lol) I punched the kid in the face 4 times then got pulled away by the deen. The kid just kept walking by me cracking jokes till I fucked his face up. He soon will get acne very lol People tell me he doesnt have and armpit hair and he is 15. What a bitch

man, i realize that acne can just push ppl to crack jokes, which pisses me off, and it can cause us to lash out because were in so much pain and were yearning to get clear.

i know how that little faggot is. i bet he's a scrawny little fuck who has no acne, no facial hair, nothing. i bet he wouldnt know what puberty was if it you punched it in his face lol. let me guess, his voice and testicles havent dropped yet either? haha

puberty... we grow, we grow, we will grow out of this acne. hopefully, i will not get adult acne.

MemberMember
(@jonima)

Posted : 12/26/2008 9:25 pm

If you asked me what I would change, I would say:

Stop taking those vitamins and take a multivitamin in their place, plus stop washing your face with warm water. You still have not let go.

----------------------------------------

However, you make your own decisions and I do not know everything about acne.

Ya, your method probably worked for you, but as everyone knows, everyone has different skin and different bodies. i just don't think my skin responds as well to it. It doesnt respond to ignoring the problem. I just think that if there is a problem/disease, you need to address it.

however, im still minimizing my efforts. less is more.

MemberMember
(@i-am-snow)

Posted : 12/27/2008 4:11 am

You need to think about whether or not YOU are the problem needing to be addressed. My skin was having acne because I kept putting acid on it. OF COURSE the skin is not going to just turn beautiful when you do this to it. I think topicals can only help severe acne, but can never cure acne. I never had bad acne until I started putting junk on my face.

I do agree though, everyone is different. Some people just are not able to let go. I just ask people to not give up on this sort of method until you FULLY try it.

MemberMember
(@ninjaturtle)

Posted : 12/27/2008 2:12 pm

Best post ever.

Congrats dude.

Loved the 'every reflective object' part. So true.

Cheers!

MemberMember
(@i-am-snow)

Posted : 12/29/2008 7:19 pm

Best post ever.

Congrats dude.

Loved the 'every reflective object' part. So true.

Cheers!

Thanks man. I like your signature.

MemberMember
(@ncdown9)

Posted : 12/30/2008 12:09 am

Great post....I have a similar story...I started getting one or two whiteheads below my nose all the time in the 8th grade....and stupid me not knowing anything about acne. I would get a washcloth and heat it with steaming hot water then rub that zit till it bled. Then I would rub maximum strength stridex pads on the wound....thinking the stinging was a good thing... my acne got worse and worse and worse. Now I'm 18 been on the regimen for about 2 years and I still get zits but not nearly as bad. I hate having to put this shit on in the morning and at night. After I wash my face with cetaphil cleanser my face fills SOO dried out. I'm sure regular soap would do the same thing. So I wouldn't know what to wash my face with if I stopped the regimen. My face was almost completely clear of active acne a month ago and I thought the regimen had finally started to work for me fulltime. Then I breakout....now this breakout is starting to clear. I'd like to stop, but it's so difficult. Especially since I'll be starting College in 2 weeks.

MemberMember
(@i-am-snow)

Posted : 12/30/2008 1:50 am

Great post....I have a similar story...I started getting one or two whiteheads below my nose all the time in the 8th grade....and stupid me not knowing anything about acne. I would get a washcloth and heat it with steaming hot water then rub that zit till it bled. Then I would rub maximum strength stridex pads on the wound....thinking the stinging was a good thing... my acne got worse and worse and worse. Now I'm 18 been on the regimen for about 2 years and I still get zits but not nearly as bad. I hate having to put this shit on in the morning and at night. After I wash my face with cetaphil cleanser my face fills SOO dried out. I'm sure regular soap would do the same thing. So I wouldn't know what to wash my face with if I stopped the regimen. My face was almost completely clear of active acne a month ago and I thought the regimen had finally started to work for me fulltime. Then I breakout....now this breakout is starting to clear. I'd like to stop, but it's so difficult. Especially since I'll be starting College in 2 weeks.

I was dealing with probably my worst breakout as I got to college, so I know how you feel...except I am going to go ahead and still say you should do this.

The idea is that you STOP washing your face. Water mixed with shampoo will hit it when you wash your hair, but there is no reason to wash the face specifically anymore. Every week or two weeks, I notice a buildup on skin on my nose, This is the only time I touch my face, and I just *lightly* run my nails over my nose and on the sides to get rid of the dead skin build up. I never schedule this, I just kind of do it when I feel like it.

Even though I completely disagree with the use of soap, if you get dove sensitive skin soap, you will not have a problem with drying out. If you are going to wash your face *ONLY* do it once a week maximum, otherwise you WILL dry yourself out and will just continue to remove the oils that are part of the reason why letting go works.

MemberMember
(@tedshredskiller)

Posted : 12/30/2008 10:35 pm

your story almost matches EXACTLY, but i'm on dan's regimen. i have acne only on my chin and jawline (Along with a pretty oil face). I'm 18 right now and i've only had noticable acne for a few months after proactiv stopped working. I don't look in mirrors and i don't let it get to me, but the ladies definetly treat me different even though my personality hasn't been affected one bit. I'm no longer the "hot" one of my group of friends, but they still love my personality. Any advice or encouragement from my people on this board?

MemberMember
(@jooosh22)

Posted : 12/31/2008 12:39 am

Wow dude, honestly a good post. I recently stopped using everything except a moisturizer after shower and my acne went down DRAMATICALLY. Im still so used to always lookng at myself in public, or worrying about my acne when i talked to people. I guarantee if i stopped this nonsense, the few blemishes i get would disappear. Its so true that you must feel good about yourself to overcome this sort of thing. You have officially motivated me to gain that self-confidence.

MemberMember
(@luke714)

Posted : 12/31/2008 1:36 am

dude that is so right. ever since i started adopting the chuck norris mentality of things in life, I've just started to roundhouse kick acne in the face.

i have no active pimples on my face at the moment, because i basically told it to move the heck out.

good post man

MemberMember
(@i-am-snow)

Posted : 12/31/2008 11:19 am

Jooosh22 - Glad to hear of your success. Keep it up!

your story almost matches EXACTLY, but i'm on dan's regimen. i have acne only on my chin and jawline (Along with a pretty oil face). I'm 18 right now and i've only had noticable acne for a few months after proactiv stopped working. I don't look in mirrors and i don't let it get to me, but the ladies definetly treat me different even though my personality hasn't been affected one bit. I'm no longer the "hot" one of my group of friends, but they still love my personality. Any advice or encouragement from my people on this board?
MemberMember
(@mullafunka)

Posted : 01/03/2009 8:03 pm

Man.. sounds like a good plan. For me.. acne treatment is working fine on my face.. I use a wash, and its all good. I was just using that, nothing else for ages and my former chest and back acne was all gone. I felt confident in myself. I was working out, and could walk around without a shirt on feeling like i looked good. Then, one day (okay so I also think with me, Diet has an impact) I was eating shit and drinking way too much. Bang. i suddenly got one on my chest again. So, I started stressing. I was living in a hostel near the beach and was at the beach every day.. I was always stressing about this. What would all the girls think? I started washing it more, taking more notice...

Ever since then (now 4 months later) my acne on my back and chest has slowly come back. I thought it was a thing of the past, with just the occasional one on my face.. its back now, its there for certain... now i'm trying Tea Tree Oil and it seems to sometimes help but never totally. Now when I get breakouts, its my back and chest that get it.. I'm going through it all in my mind.. What changed?? I'm 24.. I thought i was growing out of it!!

I have a girlfriend (fairly new), and its her that I am most self aware around. She never has said a thing, and I know that she shouldn't care.. but she has none of that shit, so naturally I am self aware around her... I'm going to just tell her straight up and stop trying to hide it.. focus on a good diet, hit the gym some more, give up over washing my body and then just stop worrying about it.

MemberMember
(@i-am-snow)

Posted : 01/04/2009 6:56 pm

Man.. sounds like a good plan. For me.. acne treatment is working fine on my face.. I use a wash, and its all good. I was just using that, nothing else for ages and my former chest and back acne was all gone. I felt confident in myself. I was working out, and could walk around without a shirt on feeling like i looked good. Then, one day (okay so I also think with me, Diet has an impact) I was eating shit and drinking way too much. Bang. i suddenly got one on my chest again. So, I started stressing. I was living in a hostel near the beach and was at the beach every day.. I was always stressing about this. What would all the girls think? I started washing it more, taking more notice...

Ever since then (now 4 months later) my acne on my back and chest has slowly come back. I thought it was a thing of the past, with just the occasional one on my face.. its back now, its there for certain... now i'm trying Tea Tree Oil and it seems to sometimes help but never totally. Now when I get breakouts, its my back and chest that get it.. I'm going through it all in my mind.. What changed?? I'm 24.. I thought i was growing out of it!!

I have a girlfriend (fairly new), and its her that I am most self aware around. She never has said a thing, and I know that she shouldn't care.. but she has none of that shit, so naturally I am self aware around her... I'm going to just tell her straight up and stop trying to hide it.. focus on a good diet, hit the gym some more, give up over washing my body and then just stop worrying about it.

That's it man!. I had never had chest acne until I was seeing some pictures of it and envisioned myself with chest acne. All of a sudden, I started getting tiny bumps on my upper chest. I began to fret about it and would wash them and eventually it turned into mild chest acne! I could not believe it. I figured I had basically psyched myself completely into it and decided to stop thinking about it and stop thinking about it all day.

I also used to get a sort of "tingly" feeling on my face the day before getting a zit. Then, every time I felt a tingly feeling on my face, I associated it with acne and would get that sinking feeling in my stomach. Once again I started breaking out. Now I still get tingly feelings, but I just consider it like an itch and not worry about it.

Don't worry about your girlfriend. I can understand how you may worry that, since she is new, she may not be very close and may care. My girlfriend never cared even when I was at my worst. Now that I am at my best, she still treats me no different.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/08/2009 1:55 pm

Dude... bone off...

While I agree that topicals are a bunch of crap. When I used them my skin was much worse, and I don't want to ever use them again.

And also agree that cold water when washing your face is the best way to go...

To sit there and berate people for feeling self-conscious about their acne or for trying to use products amounts to nothing more than gloating.

Sure, I bet if people stopped worrying and thinking about their acne that it and the stigma attached will just go away right? Magical man, we should start telling cancer patients that if they just didn't worry they'd be doing much better... (emphasis on the rhetoric)

It appears to me, and any other person with half a brain that you had a teenage bout of acne that subsided once your hormones chilled out. It had very little to do with any actions you took or didn't take.

MemberMember
(@i-am-snow)

Posted : 01/08/2009 2:42 pm

It appears to me, and any other person with half a brain that you had a teenage bout of acne that subsided once your hormones chilled out. It had very little to do with any actions you took or didn't take.

Congratulations for being an ignorant prick.

I REALLLLY hope you did not find yourself on this page by clicking on my signature which says "if your story sounds like mine quit trying to control your acne" ... focus your eyes on "if your story sounds like mine."

You can go around and tell people they look horrid. I have seen so many pictures of people here with "acne" and they look great. People are so worried about 5 bumps on their face and it really does not matter. That is what I am saying.

Yes, I have teenage acne (which I still have). I still get pimples. The difference? I quit putting junk on it that just irritated it. I quit being so self conscious about my skin that people did not even care about and now my skin looks great. You do not think there are plenty of people here who are really only dealing with teen acne and are just going overboard in trying to control it? There are quite a few people here aged 13-18 (yes, those are called "teens" and have "teen acne"). This was not posted in "adult acne" for a reason.

I am here to tell people they are there own worst critic when it comes to acne. What is your function?

/end angry reply

MemberMember
(@ladywillow)

Posted : 01/08/2009 8:00 pm

What I'm scared of is a great big breakout after stopping Tazorac. I've been using it for 7 months now.

MemberMember
(@i-am-snow)

Posted : 01/09/2009 11:57 am

What I'm scared of is a great big breakout after stopping Tazorac. I've been using it for 7 months now.

From reading your signature, it seems you are doing fine with Tazorac. Eventually the goal is to stop that, but you have red marks and one zit according to your signature.

I also believe you are female. I do not know any females that can go through a period without dealing with acne somewhere in there (changes in hormone levels) and Tazorac may be able to help you.

All of my research and experience comes from a male's perspective. I do not have to deal with my hormones changing frequently.

MemberMember
(@ladywillow)

Posted : 01/10/2009 12:22 pm

Oh gotcha. Yeah Tazorac helped a bit.

MemberMember
(@serenitypinkblossom)

Posted : 01/10/2009 12:30 pm

If your mind is over acne then why are u on a acne site :]

MemberMember
(@i-am-snow)

Posted : 01/11/2009 1:33 pm

Use a darker pink next time. I am here to spread the word. People get over acne and leave. It becomes a vicious cycle. Very few stick around to tell others what is really needed.

What I have done to fix my problem will not work for everyone, but it will help those who are only irritating themselves. This is in regards to people who suffered only from teen acne, and only kept it around because they kept irritating it.

The ones who find the key keep leaving silently, while the others are still searching.

MemberMember
(@serenitypinkblossom)

Posted : 01/11/2009 4:41 pm

Use a darker pink next time. I am here to spread the word. People get over acne and leave. It becomes a vicious cycle. Very few stick around to tell others what is really needed.

What I have done to fix my problem will not work for everyone, but it will help those who are only irritating themselves. This is in regards to people who suffered only from teen acne, and only kept it around because they kept irritating it.

The ones who find the key keep leaving silently, while the others are still searching.

Ooooh...yeah thats what my mom told me...if it isn't supposed to be on your face it probaly isn't.

MemberMember
(@wapak)

Posted : 01/21/2009 8:28 am

I hope you don't mind if I add to as a great reference. ;)

MemberMember
(@psuboy)

Posted : 01/22/2009 12:01 am

Let me begin by saying that this is by far one of the best posts I have read on this site. To the author: THANK YOU. You have opened my eyes so much to something I was once blind to. Let me give you an example of how I was before I read this post...

I could not walk past a reflective object without looking into it to see my face. I would go into bathrooms just to look into the mirror and see how my face was looking. I was constantly checking myself and zoning in on the troublesome areas of my face. It was terrible. I was usually always depressed and the acne would just not go away no matter what I was doing!

Well after reading this post, I just thought to myself how stupid it is to look in the mirror all the time, especially out in public. Think about it. If you are out in public, such as a restaurant or something, why in the hell would you look into the mirror at your acne? It's not going to change while you're out... so why look at it? It's not like you can do anything about it either. So why take a blow in your confidence level? So you can look into the mirror and lower your confidence and stress yourself out or avoid the mirror and hopefully keep a little more confidence. Either way your face isn't going to change! After I came to this realization, my acne actually started to settle down.

Since reading this post, I now avoid looking in all mirrors and reflective objects at all times, especially when going to the bathroom. The only time I look at my face now is when I wake up in the morning, before I go to bed, and shaving. And what actually happened was my acne started to settle down and my face became less red. I am almost convinced that looking in the mirror so much stressed out my body which in turn caused my acne! I don't eat any differently than I did (although I do eat a healthy diet) and I didn't change anything else. I honestly think the stress that was put onto my body from looking into the mirror so much caused my acne to be way worse than it actually is.

Also, stop zoning in on your zits and scars and look at your face as a whole. Maybe just stare yourself in the eyes for a few seconds in the mirror. Is your face really that bad? Well that is exactly how other people in public usually see you. They aren't going to be zoning in on your zits unless they are sitting there staring at you, which you then have the right to be like "what the hell yo." People see your face as a whole, and countless people have told me this.

So please people, just give this a try. An extra bonus is that you actually do have better confidence levels because you are not looking in the mirror so much. And better confidence has made me a happier individual overall, which in turn decreased my stress levels. Good luck to everybody!

MemberMember
(@delp)

Posted : 01/25/2009 8:40 am

Snow,

This is some great information. I'm 17, and have a very similar story to yours.

I got 'a' pimple when I was a little younger, around the age of 14 or 15, and of course my mom tried to come to the rescue. She gave me some of those 'maximum' strength Stridex pads. But, my skin seemed to get worse; way worse. I had no acne in the summer, and by the time the beginning of winter came around, I was at my all time worse. I could say that it was about as close to severe acne as it was going to get. So, again mom came to the rescue and took me to a dermatologist. I was prescribed to 10% BP wash for in the shower, clyndomicin lotion, and tazorac. I tried everything as the doctor prescribed. Let me begin by saying the weeks following this were the worst couple weeks of my life. My skin was so dry, chapped, red and irritated, that there were times where I literally wanted to go in a corner and cry.

So, I continued the regimen for about 5-6 months. Of course my acne got a little bit better, because, well, it couldn't do anything but get better because it was so bad. After about 7 months, my acne was a lot better for the most part, but it wasn't even close to being completely gone. So, I started to take myself off of some of the topicals. First, the tazorac. I noticed my face getting less irritated and less red, but still not helping with the acne. So after about another month or so, I stopped using the clyndomicin, and noticed after a couple weeks, my face was improving a lot. So, I continued for another month just using the 10% BP and some soap free cleanser. Soon after (about a month ago), I took myself completely off of everything (mind you I was using Minocyclin as an antibiotic this whole time), minus the soap free cleanser, and my face has been the best it has since about a year and a half ago, when I started to get acne.

What got me thinking about this, was 2 days ago, I got extremely sick. I either had food poisoning or the stomach flu, but that being said, I was basically confined to my room and bed where I didn't get a chance to take a shower in about a day in a half. A pimple I was for sure would come to a big white head magically disappeared, and another one popped up and went away in the same day! Amazing huh? That's when I was thinking about it and decided to come on these forums and see what people said about it! I'm glad I found you post!

Thanks again Snow, and I'll post back soon letting you know how this is going!