Vitamin C reviews

4.1/5 - 48 reviews

Vitamin C

amazing with other supplement intake
Reviewed on July 6, 2014

i take vitamin c 5 grams a day with 100mg zinc,2400iu vitamin a,1200mg fish oil(with 2000 vitamin d in d3 form) and 200mcg selenium a day

although its probably best to take all the supplements i just listed here and maybe more but the only think that really helped me and not just make minor improvements was vitamin c zinc and vit a taken together

it will reduce the inflammation caused by acne and dry up your skin so no(or extremely little) sebum will be produced drastically reducing acne

another amazing part of the combination is that scars heal very fast

Faster results with with zinc
Reviewed on June 10, 2013

After 3 weeks of using this it helped speed up everything along with improving my skin and healing the acne scars. It usually kicks in around your blood stream after 2 - 3 weeks for it to immediately start working, to speed up the results with acne scarring take it at night therefore it works better as you sleep with 35mg Zinc tablets with 1000mg Vitamin C tablets. It cleared up my skin immediately!

Reviewed on October 20, 2012

Very useful if you are looking for something that alleviates symptoms of the common cold or to spee up healing, but not useful regarding acne.

by AnthonyAesthetics on 06/10/2013 03:43
How is it bad for teeth??
Reviewed on September 28, 2012

I was feeling a bit sick and couldn't allow myslef to get down, so i took 1000 mg (2 pills x500mg) of vitamine C and aspirine before going to sleep. When I woke up in the morning, the first thing I saw was my face being calmed down and acne cleared up. So I asked myself - what could cause that (because NOTHING worked before) and realised that maybe vitamine C (but not 60mg... 1000mg!), so I continued to take 1000 mg 2 times per day and after two days my friends started to ask me what I did with my face because it looked way better. Now it's 5th day of 2g dose and my face is almost clear.

Reviewed on September 6, 2012

I take it orally not topically. I have more red marks (ALOT) than i have pimples. Its fading the marks. ! I suggest taking it with something else like vitamin E or A . (:

Reviewed on April 9, 2012

I originally started taking vitamin c supplements to stimulate collagen production and fill in the pitted scars that i have left over from acne. But, I never saw any noticeable results. I recently read that topical application of vitamin c can also stimulate collagen. BUT vitamin C degrades very easily in lotions and serums. So pharmaceutical companies have to add a lot of preservatives to them to make the vitamin c stable, hence the expensive price. Even with the expensive stuff, vitamin c can degrade very easily.

A great alternative that I've found is this: buy vitamin c in powder form (ascorbic acid)- dilute in water and apply to face. This is the freshest form of vitamin c that you could ever get (aside from fruits). Since vitamin c is so unstable i make a new batch everyday. I've honestly seen great results with this. My red spots are fading and and my pitted scars are not so deep anymore.

by sara5 on 07/11/2014 14:35
Hi - I'm curious about using the vit c powder, what ration of vit c and water did you use. Ive just bought a huge tub and dunno how start using it. Do you apple all over your face or just to the scars..how long before you saw any results. do you have cystic/hormonal acne..Im using Manuka Honey and take a bunch of supplements..thanks for your advise. I have tired so many things - now something new - lets see what happens. I know your post is old, if you happen to check this - how are your scars now? Have they healed? Thanks :)
Reviewed on December 5, 2011

Why does this have such a high rating? It doesn't do anything. Just look at the pros people said: "glowing skin", "feeling lively", "good for immune system". No one says it helps clear their skin, they just say irrelevant things. THIS DOES NOT CLEAR YOUR SKIN. Stop wasting your time reading about vitamin c and go search the message boards for things like zinc and taurine. For some reason all of the people who know anything only post on the message boards, and not in the product reviews.

by AnthonyAesthetics on 06/10/2013 03:45
Calm down mate, just take it easy...
Reviewed on July 14, 2011

Do use this product and give it a try. This is because you not only need it for acne but also for overall health.

Reviewed on June 22, 2011

Taking Vitamin C orally for your skin isn't likely to make a significant difference (though I drink an Emergen-C packet once a day b/c it seems to be a natural energy booster). If you want vitamin C to benefit your skin you are far better off applying it topically. Here's how I do it:

1. Get some vitamin c tablets in the form of Ascorbic Acid (maybe check your local pharmacy for a cheap bottle--i got mine at Kaiser for $3.99).

2. Crush/grind 1-2 tablets to a fine powdery dust (use only 1 for sensitive skin or small single-use batches, etc).

3.You can mix this dust with whatever you want; some use oil, some use aloe vera gel to create a serum--really, it just depends on what you prefer and how long you want the batch to last (I've never tried making a serum as I suspect it would leave a powdery residue and require making a fresh batch everyday).

I mix my C dust with a 5% tea tree oil solution diluted with green tea (that would be: 1/2 tsp TTO and 2 1/2 tsp of freshly brewed green tea). That way, it becomes a 3-in-1 antibacterial/anti-inflammatory/vitamin c toner--and because I keep this mixture in a dark glassed (disinfected) vanilla extract bottle, it doesn't degrade so fast. If you do it this way, just make sure the cap screws tight and shake vigorously before every application. When it no longer burns upon application that generally means it's time to make a fresh batch.

Reviewed on May 9, 2011

Do not expect vitamin c to work. I have been using it every day for years because it is good for the immune system, but it does nothing for acne.