Vitamin C reviews

4.2/5 - 61 reviews

Vitamin C

Fantastic at the right dosage...
Reviewed on July 4, 2017

My diet isn't the greatest (don't eat enough fruit and veg) and I don't think I get enough vitamin C. To combat the common cold, bruising easily and improving my immune system I started to eat kiwi fruit (1 or 2 a day) which is high in vitamin C and I noticed a remarkable improvement in my skin and it clicked! Maybe I just need more vitamin C in my diet. I didn't always feel like eating kiwis every day so got Vitamin C chewables at 1000mg each. Took one-a-day for a week but I think the dosage was far too high! I had to keep urinating and pretty certain I got a UTI. Thankfully had some antibiotics on hand to get rid of it. Plus I used to get terrible headaches and I'm sure this was because of the vitamin C. I have a very small frame and am under 5ft so I figured I would limit the amount of vitamin C and got a lower dosage for kids. So now I take 2x 80mg chewables and have been doing so for nearly a year, I could probably take more but don't think it's necessary. My acne has improved remarkably.

Overall thoughts: It doesn't hurt to take vitamin C. I'm pretty certain it has contributed to my skin looking a lot better, I don't get as many spots on my forehead. I've also changed my face cleansing routine so maybe that is also a positive factor. Less sugar/dairy in my diet too!

Great for Cystic Acne
Reviewed on April 25, 2017

I've recently made a post about how I got my severe cystic acne (almost) under complete control. I mentioned that sheet masks have helped tremendously for my breakouts and the overall health of my skin. There's two brands of sheet masks I've used that are specifically vitamin c masks and they're definitely some of my favorites. There's a brand called Andalou and their Instant Brighten & Tighten vitamin c mask is my ultimate favorite. Soo Ae also has a good vitamin c mask, but it's a little thicker than some people with acne might feel okay using (I've used it without a problem, but I don't usually tend to get regular acne, mainly cystic, but sometimes I'll get a flare up of reg acne that I know is hormonal). Not only does vitamin c help prevent/reduce breakouts, but vitamin c is anti aging and is helping my skin heal after years of neglecting it. I hope to find a good vitamin c daily moisturizer sometime soon.

vitamin c and zinc
Reviewed on November 28, 2016

I don't know about topical vitamin c but I've been taking redoxon 1000mg for 10 days along with zinc and it has made a noticeable difference. Make sure you eat before taking zinc because it might cause nausea etc.. (been there). However I also mix water and sea salt and let it sit on my face overnight every two days. It also makes my skin very dry so I moisturize with 100% pure shea butter every morning. I'm far from being completely cleared up but so far, so good.

topical vitamin c works best
Reviewed on June 15, 2016

I read that putting vitamin c on your face works better than taking supplements. I found an inexpensive vitamin C serum: [link removed] It's supposed to be used in the morning but I use it at night, too. My skin's a lot smoother. I've been using it about 6 months.

by Nimz bella on 07/19/2016 07:03
Please name that serum and suggest where to buy, thanks a million!
Helped with overall smoothness of skin
Reviewed on May 25, 2016

I always forgot to take my vitamin C after my other supplements. Around my jaw, I had a lot of small rough bumps & pimples. In one of my school assignments, I read about a woman who would eat lots of citrus for her complexion. I thought, 'I have vitamin C in the fridge, it's the same concept, it shouldn't hurt, right'? Well a few days later I realised that my skin (with the exception of a few pimples) was smooth!! It did help with *some* of the pimples on my jaw but its biggest help was getting rid of the small bumps (they were like bumps you'd get from makeup but I hadn't worn makeup around that time). It may or may not work for you but there's no harm in trying vitamin C. I take 2000 mg a day.

Really awesome so far
Reviewed on September 25, 2015

I've been taking 2000 mg per day of vitamin c I already see results and it's been nearly one week.Iam also using it with Benzaclin that the docter prescribed me my face is 80% clear and my post acne marks/ hyperpigmentation is 80% gone. Vitamin c is good for overall health and is amazing at fighting acne,post acne marks, and uneven skin tone.

best product for acne and scars
Reviewed on April 20, 2015

vitamin c tablets are also very good for skin

if any ne have acne and scars better to take vitamin c chewable tablets or take this vitamin c powder

since from 1year i've suffered with this acne and scars but when i startedto take these tablets ..you wont belive within 1 month my skin got cleared and now haha ..i feel im so good

by amrita20 on 04/18/2016 10:50
Hi, Can u please tell me about ur dose of vitamin c per day? did u take anything else with vitamin c?
review for Perque brand ( buffered ascorbate powder, vitamin C powder)
Reviewed on February 25, 2015

I started taking this vitamin C powder as recommedned by a naturopathic physician. I have acne since 14 years old, this is the first time my face is totally cleared. amazing!

Worked but....
Reviewed on October 10, 2014

This worked great and fast. I was taking between 1000-2000mg daily. Soon I came to realize vitamin c raises your blood sugar and after about a week it gave me the worse BV and yeast infection I have ever had. Needless to say that was the end of that.

amazing with other supplement intake
Reviewed on July 6, 2014

i take vitamin c 5 grams a day with 100mg zinc,2400iu vitamin a,1200mg fish oil(with 2000 vitamin d in d3 form) and 200mcg selenium a day

although its probably best to take all the supplements i just listed here and maybe more but the only think that really helped me and not just make minor improvements was vitamin c zinc and vit a taken together

it will reduce the inflammation caused by acne and dry up your skin so no(or extremely little) sebum will be produced drastically reducing acne

another amazing part of the combination is that scars heal very fast