Vitamin B5 reviews

3.7/5 - 289 reviews

Vitamin B5

Works Pretty Good for me.
Reviewed on April 24, 2015

I took B5 about 5 days ago at about 1g - 2g's a day with L-cysteine and Vitamin C like I read in another post and It has helped me Significantly! I have had little to no Oil on my Skin and my breakouts are not even that big of a breakout. Totally recommend it, But many have reported side effects so I would recommend starting at a Low Does with some Anti Oxidants.

Vitamin B5 does work for acne.
Reviewed on April 24, 2015

I started supplementing/taking Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) on the 17/03/2015 last month in March, and I can really see the visible difference in my skin so far - It looks calmer, smoother and more manageable. I am using the 500MG Time Release version from Holland and Barrett (Vitamin Health Shop in the UK). I have currently been taking this supplement for 36 days, and I can tell you that it does work, but you've got to take it for a while to see the full benefits of taking this vitamin for your acne. I'm going to stick with taking this vitamin for a few months, and I will update my progress with taking it on this forum. I'm proud to say that Vitamin B5 has worked for me.

It doesn't work after I started vegetarian diet.
Reviewed on March 21, 2015

I have been using this for more than a year, but it doesn't work anymore after I started after I started vegetarian diet. Do you have any idea why??

Avoid if you want to keep your hair
Reviewed on March 6, 2015

I never post anything but after reading these reviews I Took b5 and l carnitine, about 1-2 g of b5 and 500 mg of l carn for a little over a month. I read about the hair loss but thought, "oh it won't happen to me." Stopped when chunks of my already thin hair was falling out in the shower. 2 months later and no change. Do not take this, it is absolutely not worth it, any search on the Internet of ppl experiencing this will show you and guess what it may not stop and there is no cure. So yes while my skin cleared up a little and is less oily, this is no substitute for my hair. Please do not do this.

It worked for me
Reviewed on February 6, 2015

I'm a 27 year old female and had severe adult acne for almost five years and tried every topical treatment imaginable. When I heard about B5 I wanted to try it but since I was pregnant I waited. Once my baby was born, two years ago, my doctor gave me the go-ahead. I started at a low dosage of 1,000mg/day in case it messed up my breastmilk at all, and then doubled it after a couple weeks. Within that time I had noticed I wasn't having any more bad breakouts. After about two months of low-dose use, my skin had cleared completely. And it wasn't just my face, it was my back and chest as well. It also didn't affect my baby at all.

The other thing I noticed was that my skin was no longer severely oily as it had been since adolescence. I can go days without even washing my face and my skin still looks smooth and clear and it feels comfortably moist but not oily. I can use makeup again.

I continued using B5, between 2 and 5 grams a day, for about five months, and then tapered off. Now I keep it around, but don't take it daily. Any time I feel like I'm getting a breakout, I take a few high doses and it clears within days.

I highly, highly, highly recommend this treatment. Some people experience negative side effects, but I was not one of them. You have to know your own body and adjust your dosage and other supplements, but I'm convinced B5 is a safe, legitimate course for acne.

Won't work without L-Cysteine & Vitamin C
Reviewed on January 3, 2015

Everytime I start taking B5 again, my acne worsens at first, that is until I add the the supplement L-Cysteine. Then it magically improves by 90%! L-Cysteine is an essential sulfur-containing amino acid which Vitamin B5 actually depletes. This is counterproductive towards fixing acne because Cysteine is the rate-limiting nutrient needed to produce Glutathione. Look up "low glutathione and acne" and start reading. Glutathione one of the body's master antioxidants and necessary for proper skin health. If anyone does not succeed at first, please try adding this supplement, they need to be taken together. It is important that L-cysteine is taken on an empty stomach because it competes for absorption with other amino acids (protein in foods). I take 750mg of B5 2x daily with at the minimum 3 grams of L-Cysteine. Also I recommend taking Vitamin C at the same time at L-cysteine, this also boosts glutathione and supports the Acetylation cycle, its great for your skin!

by IM66 on 01/04/2015 06:52
I've purchased some B5 and L-Cysteine but I'm hesitant of starting to take it because of potential high-dose side effects, such as severe hair loss. I can't find anything to support this, but many Amazon reviews suggest NAC is better absorbed into the body than it's pure version, L-Cysteine is. I'm just wondering if I purchased the wrong product to help replenish the amino acids for hair, like L-Cysteine should, or NAC does better? And should I be taking that more than the B5 to prevent hair loss?
Works well but be weary of side effects
Reviewed on October 30, 2014

I used B5 for 2.5 years solid. I am still using it although I have lowered my dosage. Anything less than 5g/day doesn't do much for me. It works best when split into 4 doses. If you supplement with l-carnitine at the same time it boosts the effects. If you decide to try this make sure you are taking a Vitamin-B complex daily to prevent depletion of other vitamins. Some potential side effects are excessive thirst, hair loss, and increased appetite.

It works but don't overdoze too much!
Reviewed on October 28, 2014

Hi! I tried Vitamin B5 for over a year and I saw some improvement. It kind of calmed my skin all over and took the edge of my acne and rosacea. However I still had a lot of blackheads, and cysts and zits would still pop up here and there. You need to take a lot of it to really see a difference, but taking 10-20 grams of Vitamin B5 a day is very bad for you in the long run (it can damage your body and give you chronic headache). I would stay around 5 grams of vitamin B5 and ad a few other things. I found a really great regime on this website: [link removed]

My skin has never looked better!

worked awesome
Reviewed on September 9, 2014

B5 gave me really clear skin for a few months. I couldn't believe it. But the results started to fade after awhile. I'm not sure if my body is just getting used to it or what. But still, I would recommend trying it out.

My acne cure
Reviewed on June 14, 2014

I've had acne for almost 18 years and feel like I've tried everything trying to cure it. I was on Dianette for years which did cure my acne but it had really bad side effects. I turned into a moody monster, crying all the time, so I quit it. I decided I could put up with the acne to have my old personality back! My acne was never cystic, it was always like teenage acne, but there was just so much of it. I had it on my face, on my chest and on my back. And sometimes on bad days, on my arms. It drove me nuts. I tried so many things. Benzoyl peroxide seemed to make the acne go deeper and bleached all my clothes. I tried zinc supplements, vitamin A, and ACV. Gold Bond powder worked really well on my bacne, but it was a bit of a pain to use it every day. I was pretty skeptical when I tried B5, but I figured I had nothing to lose. Lucky for me! It cured my acne completely. I started taking four 500mg pills a day, evenly spaced out. My skin got less oily after a week or two and my acne had cleared up after about six weeks. I took it like that for a year, and then I started to worry that I might damage my insides or something so I stopped taking it, and the acne came back. I started taking it again after about six months. It took longer to work the second time around (maybe two months to clear up) but now it's back working perfectly again so I don't plan to quit it any time soon! I've never had any side effects and as far as I can tell it's safe enough to take as it is water-soluble. I would recommend anybody to try this, it cured my acne.

by Ashleyreis55 on 09/24/2014 02:06
Hi! Does it matter which b5 vitamins you take? I noticed there is lots of differnt name brands & kinds. Please email me what you used? Ashleyreis55@[link removed] :)