Vitamin B5 reviews

3.8/5 - 301 reviews

Vitamin B5

Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid).

Vitamin B5

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Vitamin B5

MUST try! When nothing else worked, I discovered this!
Reviewed on August 21, 2015

Do try it: after doing antibiotics for some time (killed my stomach and didn't help), duac, tezorac, etc you name it, I accidentally came across this vitamin and my skin is finally getting back to normal!!! I'm in my 30 and always had problems with acne but two years ago, something out normal happened: the breakouts were all over my face, very painful and never ending. I tried both dermatologists and natural remedies - all in vain. My goal at that point was just to contain them, knowing perfectly well that my face will never look the same.

But 6 months ago, I first tried the regimen: cleaanser and benzoyl peroxide are great but moisturizer stings like hell and doesn't help with dryness. My skin was getting better or rather under control BUT it is only when I started taking 4x500mg of Pantothenic Acid (B5) I stopped having new break outs!!!

Right now, I use [link removed] cleanser, peroxide, Glycolic acid moisturizer (works great) + 2-4 capsules of 500mg of Panthothenic Acid. I still have occasional break outs BUT considering how bad it was, I consider this a miracle. All of my friends tactfully notice that my skin has gotten so much better, although I still have all the scars! I'm working on it now but at least there is some light at the end of the tunnel!

DO TRY this vitamin. I've read the reviews and was concerned about the hair loss. I was willing to take my chances and I'm GLAD I did. No side affects! I try to minimize the dosage now when I'm doing better but still afraid to stop taking it altogether (I'm that paranoid of acne coming back!)

Hope it'll help you as well!

B5 Pantothenic Acid
Reviewed on August 19, 2015

While I have not tried this exact brand per say, I am familiar with the main ingredient B5 Pantothenic Acid. The idea behind taking B5 is to reduce sebum production that your body produces. In theory less oil will help acne because the pores will not fill up and become inflamed with trapped debris. The B5 does its job at reducing sebum production however you need to take a significant dosage to see any appreciable results. Look into the powdered B5 which you can buy in bulk and then mix it so you can apply it on your face. It will save you having to swallow all the pills and it will be cheaper. The B5 pills are not cheap and you need to keep taking them or else your face will produce oil at the same rate before you started taking the B5 supplement. Its an alternative method that may work for others so there's no harm in trying it out for yourself

Doesn't last - Taken on and off for a few years
Reviewed on August 6, 2015

I've taken this while it worked, then stopped when it no longer dried up my oily skin. Then again re-started and it worked for a time. Unfortunately it just doesn't last. yes while it works it is great, oily skin to zero and great skin. But the funny thing is right now as i've cycled it for a few years it no-longer works at all. Even Pantethine won't kickstart the oily skin reversal anymore.

I no longer want to touch the stuff, the effect of it not lasting is a right teeze. So screw it, back to the drawing board to figure out what exactly is happening that makes this stuff work even for short spells. I figured out that while im skinnier it lasts longer, while chubby it takes longer to work and for less time - so cholesterol lvl is a factor. Any of u guys have the same effect as me and are researching solutions plz message me.

by clearskin naturally on 08/21/2015 04:43
Odorless garlic tabs are effective against skin bacteria and acne. The additional option is taking milk thistle to clean your liver to help skin. Esther C 500mg + and Lysine 500 mg+ increase collagine and keep skin wrinkle free.
best treatment I ever tried
Reviewed on May 31, 2015

I have never made a review about any acne product. I never even heard about B5 until a month ago so I decided to try it and It was the best treatment I ever tried by far. I had just tried retin-a and it was awful. I always only had mild acne but after trying retin-a I had the worst acne I ever had in my life. After 8 weeks of retin-a I gave up. It just never got any better and seemed to get even worse every week. I then switched to Pantothenic acid and it was the best thing I ever did. After 1 month, my skin is clearer than it's ever been. I'm amazed. After 20 years of trying every topical treatment you can think of, B5 is the first oral treatment I tried and so far it's the only thing that ever worked. I had a bump on the side of my face that had been there for years. It was just a bump, it was never red or all that noticeable but if I squeezed it some sebum would come out. It was pretty benign so I ignored it. After 2 weeks on B5, i squeezed it and a ton of sebum came out and it's now 2 weeks later and it's completely gone for the first time in probably 5 years. I take 7-8 grams of B5 a day and also take 50 mg of zinc. That's all I have done the last month and my skin is clearer than it's ever been. The B5 regimen should be the first thing you try. And I know some people worry about hair loss but I'm a guy and I have had no hair loss at all. In fact, there has been no side effects at all, even on the days when I tried 10-12 grams

Works Pretty Good for me.
Reviewed on April 24, 2015

I took B5 about 5 days ago at about 1g - 2g's a day with L-cysteine and Vitamin C like I read in another post and It has helped me Significantly! I have had little to no Oil on my Skin and my breakouts are not even that big of a breakout. Totally recommend it, But many have reported side effects so I would recommend starting at a Low Does with some Anti Oxidants.

Vitamin B5 does work for acne.
Reviewed on April 24, 2015

I started supplementing/taking Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) on the 17/03/2015 last month in March, and I can really see the visible difference in my skin so far - It looks calmer, smoother and more manageable. I am using the 500MG Time Release version from Holland and Barrett (Vitamin Health Shop in the UK). I have currently been taking this supplement for 36 days, and I can tell you that it does work, but you've got to take it for a while to see the full benefits of taking this vitamin for your acne. I'm going to stick with taking this vitamin for a few months, and I will update my progress with taking it on this forum. I'm proud to say that Vitamin B5 has worked for me.

It doesn't work after I started vegetarian diet.
Reviewed on March 21, 2015

I have been using this for more than a year, but it doesn't work anymore after I started after I started vegetarian diet. Do you have any idea why??

by Greedandlust on 08/05/2015 04:40
Maybe the carbs? Ive been on this treatment for 4 years and its becoming less effective,I am not sure why.Maybe because i eating way more? maybe because i am eating trashy food?
by tanjo143 on 09/11/2015 05:29
you should look up a citric acid sensitivity. vitamin b5 helps a citric acid sensitivity. however, since you're now a vegetarian, i imagine you eat a lot of fruits and vegetables with lots of citric acid. citric acid may be the one causing your acne. i have the same condition.
Avoid if you want to keep your hair
Reviewed on March 6, 2015

I never post anything but after reading these reviews I Took b5 and l carnitine, about 1-2 g of b5 and 500 mg of l carn for a little over a month. I read about the hair loss but thought, "oh it won't happen to me." Stopped when chunks of my already thin hair was falling out in the shower. 2 months later and no change. Do not take this, it is absolutely not worth it, any search on the Internet of ppl experiencing this will show you and guess what it may not stop and there is no cure. So yes while my skin cleared up a little and is less oily, this is no substitute for my hair. Please do not do this.

It worked for me
Reviewed on February 6, 2015

I'm a 27 year old female and had severe adult acne for almost five years and tried every topical treatment imaginable. When I heard about B5 I wanted to try it but since I was pregnant I waited. Once my baby was born, two years ago, my doctor gave me the go-ahead. I started at a low dosage of 1,000mg/day in case it messed up my breastmilk at all, and then doubled it after a couple weeks. Within that time I had noticed I wasn't having any more bad breakouts. After about two months of low-dose use, my skin had cleared completely. And it wasn't just my face, it was my back and chest as well. It also didn't affect my baby at all.

The other thing I noticed was that my skin was no longer severely oily as it had been since adolescence. I can go days without even washing my face and my skin still looks smooth and clear and it feels comfortably moist but not oily. I can use makeup again.

I continued using B5, between 2 and 5 grams a day, for about five months, and then tapered off. Now I keep it around, but don't take it daily. Any time I feel like I'm getting a breakout, I take a few high doses and it clears within days.

I highly, highly, highly recommend this treatment. Some people experience negative side effects, but I was not one of them. You have to know your own body and adjust your dosage and other supplements, but I'm convinced B5 is a safe, legitimate course for acne.

Won't work without L-Cysteine & Vitamin C
Reviewed on January 3, 2015

Everytime I start taking B5 again, my acne worsens at first, that is until I add the the supplement L-Cysteine. Then it magically improves by 90%! L-Cysteine is an essential sulfur-containing amino acid which Vitamin B5 actually depletes. This is counterproductive towards fixing acne because Cysteine is the rate-limiting nutrient needed to produce Glutathione. Look up "low glutathione and acne" and start reading. Glutathione one of the body's master antioxidants and necessary for proper skin health. If anyone does not succeed at first, please try adding this supplement, they need to be taken together. It is important that L-cysteine is taken on an empty stomach because it competes for absorption with other amino acids (protein in foods). I take 750mg of B5 2x daily with at the minimum 3 grams of L-Cysteine. Also I recommend taking Vitamin C at the same time at L-cysteine, this also boosts glutathione and supports the Acetylation cycle, its great for your skin!

by IM66 on 01/04/2015 06:52
I've purchased some B5 and L-Cysteine but I'm hesitant of starting to take it because of potential high-dose side effects, such as severe hair loss. I can't find anything to support this, but many Amazon reviews suggest NAC is better absorbed into the body than it's pure version, L-Cysteine is. I'm just wondering if I purchased the wrong product to help replenish the amino acids for hair, like L-Cysteine should, or NAC does better? And should I be taking that more than the B5 to prevent hair loss?