Not Washing or Water Only reviews

3.9/5 - 77 reviews

Natural Miracle
Reviewed on July 29, 2015

Okay, so first off i had break outs when i was in 7th grade then it got worse when i got into 8th grade. In 8th grade i had big pimples that i needed to hide my face when the pimple was on the left i always face people on my right .... so i decided to make all the mess go away and i decided to use avene cleanser and toner , worked miracles. i was so happy my face is finally flawless!! but then, after using it for a while , after seeing the "flawlessness" of my face for about 3 weeks, my face, my flawless face started to break out much more than i did before i used these products, i don't know what happened, after seeing my face like this i thought i should keep using it so that the acne will eventually go away again, but it didn't my face just got worse and worse and then i thought i should just stop using them since they just made me break out even more and i didn't have the time i spent too much time washing my face , after not using anything my face started to get back to the "flawless" state again it glowed the scars were healing the pimples were healing things were sooo much better , the other thing i did was not touch my face and i never touched my face for 2 years already ( not touching means not washing my face with my hands ) , i just let the water from the shower rinse through my face after not touching my face and washing with water my face is natural, fresh i feel very happy no major break outs very healthy and i'm happy i stopped using products and im never going back :))

Never washed my face
Reviewed on July 20, 2015

So I thought I was the only one to not wash their face? I stopped washing my face when I was young (9/10 years old) because I used mild soap and it broke out my skin not too bad just enough for me to notice. So I stoppped washing my face and have been doing this up until now. Im 17 and haven't had acne since I stopped washing my face. My face is not dry or flaky. My skin is smooth and well mosturized.

Best Decision I ever Made
Reviewed on June 17, 2015

I wanted to wait until I had a pretty good idea of how this would affect my acne. It's been about 2 weeks. I haven't used any cleanser, exfoliate, toner, moisturizer or sunscreen on my face. It has COMPLETELY cleared up.

Here is a bit of a background: I did not have acne as a teen (the occasional pimple or two, but not what I would call 'acne'). I then went on birth control when I was 20 for 2 months. When I went off of the birth control, I broke out. I have had mild/moderate acne since then (about 3.5 years). I assumed it was hormonal but birth control wasn't working for me - it "flattened" my moods, killed my sex drive etc. Nothing really worked to clear my face up - thought some things calmed my skin but I always had 2 or 3 pimples/cysts and many blackheads. I began using liquid foundation to cover it up which (I personally feel) worsened my skin. I was stuck in the foundation trap for about 2 years. I didn't wear it every day - only about 4 times a week, if that. I NEVER slept with make up and removed with make-up wipes, cleanser, toned and moisturized. I also exfoliated once every week and a half. In the summer I wore sunscreen. I did all of the things you're told to do to take care of your skin and it only got worse. About 1 month ago, I had one of my really bad weeks. Cysts all over my chin, whiteheads - acne that make up cannot hide. I was feeling so bad about skin and booked an appointment with a finally booked an appointment with a dermatologist determined to finally turn to medication to fix my skin. I could not get an appointment for at least a month and a half so I figured I would have to suck it up and deal with it until then. My very bad breakout calmed down and for some reason, I just thought - all of these products aren't doing anything. They may calm my skin down a bit but two days later I am back to square one. So many of my friends are super lazy with their regimens, wear make up to sleep etc. and have mostly clear skin. My boyfriend essentially showers and gets out and in the years that we've been together, he has had exceptionally clear skin.

So, I stopped cleaning and moisturizing. I stopped toning a while ago (maybe 3 months ago) and I stopped drinking coffee (which significantly elevates stress). I drink tea instead. The hardest part was the first 4 days. I have combination skin and without cleaning and moisturizing, my skin felt VERY dry all day and then oily in the morning. I let water touch my face as it normally would - while showering etc. and I rinsed my face with lukewarm water in the evening before bed but other than that - I did absolutely NOTHING to my face. A lot of people mention their skin being "flakey" - my skin was not flakey, just very dry. After about one week, my skin was totally clear and was no longer taut. This has been a godsend. I put concealer on a few days in a row (I have very bad hyper-pigmentation from scarring) and only used a gentle make up remover cloth to take the concealer off in the spots it was located. I stopped using a brush to apply it and dabbed in on with clean fingers. I then rinsed my face with water gently and it did not break me out. I seriously have not had a SINGLE pimple since my face cleared up a week ago.

Now, if your skin is very bad or you have JUST gotten of medication or birth control, I am not sure how your body will respond to this. It take 3-8 months for your body to readjust after birth control and medication may influence the way your acne thrives in your skin. If your acne is very severe, I can't speak to your problems because mind was mild/moderate. Needless to say, if you're spending money every month and religiously washing and moisturizing your face to no avail, give this a shot. A lot of people have said that it takes about a month and a half for their skin to clear up (I was lucky, perhaps). Give it time, be patient. I did not wear ANY make up for the first week and then only used eye make up and concealer which I removed with a gentle make up remover wipe. I am totally sworn off of liquid foundation. I just tossed my 2 $65.00 bottles. If I have a big event, I will likely wear powder and concealer at most on my skin and only then will I use a wipe and cleanser to remove the make up. Otherwise, I can deal with the scars if my skin is clear. Try it if you think you can deal! Best of luck.

by Panterka29 on 07/21/2015 17:14
I wanted to tell my story and how I healed my face. ( Sorry for my English ...) I never had acne when I was teenager , I always had a nice clean skin. When I turned 18 I started to wear makeup ( but not a moisturizers or skin care ) , my face was clear. Then after I turned 25 I started to add a bit moisturizer and serum and scrubs and masks and etc...I didn't notice any difference really but my face just turned a bit red ...and I always had to wear foundation just to cover redness. Now when I am 35 my skin got worse with breakouts and pimples and skin inflammation on a regular basis . So I started to "clean my face " more and more with soaps and scrubs which just dried out my face more. Then I tried BP and SA ( stupid idea ) for 2 weeks my face was so red and irritated like crazy. Nothing didn't help me . I went to dermatologist and he prescribed me some pills and creams for 6 months...But my gut feeling just told me that I don't want to poison my body with these antibiotics and didn't take it...I was so desperate , my self esteem went down and my social life kept to minimal. I've tried all the diets , eliminated chocolate, sugars, milk and dairy , meat and fruits....) nothing helped. Every products I putted on my face got it worse. One day a friend of mine came to me and her face is very nice and clear , so I asked what products she use and she told me nothing...She never put moisturizer or makeup on her face, she just wash it with water and that's all ! Then I realized that my husband has the most clear face and he only use water on his face as well. Each day I read the ingredients in skin care and how many chemicals they use in it. I came to the point that I couldn't use anything on my face except water. After a week of using only water my skin begun to calm and redness went away a bit. My skin felt dry in the beginning ( of course I didn't moisturized ) and I had some flakiness. I decided to give my skin a break from all these chemicals that I am pretty sure caused all these problems. After about 2 weeks I did had some white heads ( maybe the pores were just cleaning itself or purging period ) but they dried out fast with no red marks. My face calmed more and more everyday and pimples just went away. I do believe that we just brain washed with all the media and commercial products. Our natural body and skin can heal itself with time just give it a chance. Now I am pretty confident without foundation and my skin looks nice and clear finally after a years of suffering. It was just a sign that I have to stop using these chemicals on my face, and let skin to breath. I only put mascara and liner on my eyes and remove it with Olive oil on the cotton pad and wash it with water only. Ohh I forgot to tell that I bought a Natural bar soap unsented fragrance free from Organic store and washed my face in the shower Once a week with bar soap ( just to take away all the flakiness ) it didn't irritate my skin and didn't cause any dryness . I am at 4 weeks now using only water morning and evening on my face. I feel that my skin appreciate that and response with respect. I wish my experience will help others who suffers from pimples and will heal their face as well. There is a Caveman regimen on Internet when you don't wash your face at all , but for me it was too much and I decided to wash only with water . Good luck to everyone and remember that our Nature is much smarter that all these commercial products.
SO FAR SO GOOD!
Reviewed on June 14, 2015

So, I thought I would wait to post about my withdrawal from all things face wash related after I reached the thirty day mark, but on day 4 I'm already getting excited about my results. Long story short, I never had acne in high school-not one zit. College was a different story, I began breaking out occasionally and started picking up the usual Neutrogena or Clearisil acne washes. My skin only got worse from there and not a single thing I've done has cured my acne for more than a couple days. I was so strict about my skincare regimen that it overtook my life. I'd stay in when I was broken out and I avoided countess outings. As you can imagine, I got quite sick of the lack of results I was seeing. I avoided processed foods and dairy, limited my carb and sugar intake, and drank nothing but a TON of water. This helped, but I still wasn't getting the clear skin I yearned for. Back to where I began, I quit my toners, exfoliators, and chemical face washes 4 days ago. I've done nothing but splash my face with water after washing my hands with an anti-bacterial soap (and obviously my face gets wet in the shower, but NO scrubbing, moisturizing, ANYTHING). I should also mention that I do not wear makeup aside from mascara. My skin began peeling quite a bit (I've always had dry skin), but it has begun to even out with the natural oils on my face. The problem spots on my face (chin, nose area, hairline) have these little white spikes sticking out of them. This sounds gross, but they are super tiny and not irritated whatsover. My complexion is still flat and smooth in these places-my skin is literally expelling the toxins. Even though it's summer and I've obviously sweated a bit, I still have not got a new zit. I can't believe it. I was so paranoid skipping my skincare regimen would break me out, when it seemed to be the cause all along. I had never had acne before I started using chemical skin products. If you have always struggled with acne, there seem to be mixed reviews about this type of regimen. If you're like me, however, and never had acne as a teenager (I'm 22)-GIVE THIS A TRY. I will update, and I've taken a picture of my face every day. I'm feeling so optimistic!

Cautiously optimistic
Reviewed on June 13, 2015

Ok, long story short - I've been dealing with adult acne for 6 years. I (like so many others,) have tried EVERY product under the sun. AHAs, BHAs, benzyl peroxide, all natural products, every acne fighting line every made. I've tried changing my diet, increasing water intake, drinking lemon water, taking every supplement under the sun. I was on doxycycline and other topicals for a year. Although, this did eventually clear my acne, - as well as destroy my stomach and make me allergic to the sun - once I went off it the acne slowly started coming back. Fast forward to two weeks ago. My sister came over with these Lush Fresh Face Masks. They had clay in them and are designed to draw out your pimples. Boy did it work. Too well. I woke up Monday with literally 15-20 giant pustules covering the bottom half of my face. I looked like I had a beard of pimples (I'm a girl, btw.) I was devastated. I couldn't leave my house. I had to get a medical leave from work because I couldn't bare to be seen. My boyfriend was totally unsupportive and I'm currently staying at my parents house, at the ripe age of 26. It literally destroyed my life. I became so despondent, I just said EFF it. Nothing works. And I stopped wearing makeup and washing my face. All I do is take a cloth and warm water and gently scrub/ wash and ta-da. That's it. I've been doing this for a week now and I can't believe my eyes. By no means am I "cured." I still have red marks, but they are fading more and more each day. I've gotten maybe one or two new pimples, which I believe are remnants of my last mega-breakout. They even look better, though. No nasty whitehead, no soreness or itching. My face no longer feels oily an hour after washing. It's amazing. Seriously, give it a try. Even if you think it's hormonal, which I'm certain mine is (I get a period maybe every month and a half, two months.) I would recommend trying to cut back on carbs and sugar while doing so. But I am amazed. If you have nothing to lose, give it a go. And despite all the hell I went through from those masks *Mask of Magnaminty, and one of the garlic tea tree ones, I'd even recommend doing one before hand to help draw out all the gunk which your face most certainly will purge. If you can bare to be seen and/or afford time off. Give it a go.

by b0ss on 07/02/2015 02:49
That is awesome! I'm so happy for you. I know exactly what you mean about people being unsupportive and having to miss work and other events. Glad you got out of the cycle!
WOW........ so THIS is what's causing my bad skin.
Reviewed on June 12, 2015

Acne and poor skin quality has haunted me since I was 14.

It has caused torturous amounts of emotional pain.

I remember a time when I was talking with a girl at 20 years old, my paranoia took a vertical spike and caused me to wash my face 5 times per day and cake on topical medication at night. I wanted it to go away so badly. Little did I know, that destroyed my face... permanently.

It baffled me that the rest of the skin on my body looks beautiful, but my face...... it looks like I have a mask on.

I am 27 now and my wisdom through years of trial and error has revealed the idea of being gentle with my skin and it worked WONDERS the very first day I tried it.

I slowly transitioned into an ever more gentler regiment.

I washed less and less, I used cooler and cooler water, I wiped my face less and less, and I put less and less pressure on my face when I wipe.

It has been a few months now and my skin is less red, less dry, less oily, less porous looking and less pimply than it has ever been.

I highly recommend everyone at least try it.

It could be the holy grail you've been looking for.

Can't believe I waited so long
Reviewed on June 5, 2015

After more than 15 years of buying countless products and trying everything, my toiletry bag was lost on a long vacation. For 10 days I had no face wash, bezoyl peroxide or make up. I was so worried the whole time that my face would break out, but the opposite happened: my face was clearer after those 10 days than it had been in many years. It makes me mad that the entire skin care industry wants to hide this simple solution just to sell their products, but this is the real answer.

by Panterka29 on 07/21/2015 17:19
Water cures acne
Reviewed on May 30, 2015

hi everyone! My english is bad, but hear me out.

I have had acne for 6 years, i am 26. Got it at university which is madness. I got acne all over my cheeks and chin, big fat cysts. There would always be at least 10 cysts on each side, painful and inflammed. They distroyed my face. I used everything prescribed by dermatologist, topical and oral medication except for accutane ( i never really wanted to go that far). I tried all kinds of diets: dairy free, gluten free , vegan, lchf, low fat, combined....I almost went mad. Then i read on internet about ditching soaps, face creams, scrubs, medications... Cavemans regimen! I decided that this is the last thing i will do and if this regimen doesnt help i ll start with accutane ( very dangerous medication with terrible side effects). So I stoped using make up completely, which was so hard as i work with ppl so close ( i am a dentist). But i stoped using make up, stoped washing my face with soap, i tried to wash my face only once a day only when i shower. Omg guys after 3 weeks 80 % of my cysts healed! I still get acne i dont know why but it can be the food i eat. Since i ve been on dif diets for 2 years i finally went bananas on cakes and chips but surprisingly i didnt get cysts, only white heads ( which heal way faster). For a long time i thought my acne had to do with food or hormones, appearantly not. Anyway i think it s important to have healthy diet combined with this regimen. Still believe you are what you eat. Wish someone told me about the cavemans regimen earlier. Now i have deep red scars. It will take long time for them to fade. But i dont care as long as my face is finally smooth. I am still not fully acne free (been on this regimen for 1month only) but give it another 2months and I might actually get there.

Try this. It might not work for everyone, but then at least u know u ve done everything.

Good luck!! :))))

Haven't washed in 1 month and im never going back
Reviewed on May 30, 2015

I was a slave to proactiv and washing my face twice a day. Bought the most expensive natural cleansers/toners you can buy and they didn't work. I had stress related acne at 20 and never stopped washing for 2 years and my acne got really bad. Stopped washing about a month and a half ago and my skin has never looked so good. STOP washing your face twice a day, give it a chance to heal on its own. All the negative comments in this forum are by people that have bad diets and aren't sticking to it. For the first month i didn't even use water and it worked wonders. I hope this helps someone else, give it a try.

by WolfTim on 06/12/2015 15:40
Just wanted to post an update, at about 2 months of not washing (not even much water) I began to get Eczema from dryness. Just wanted to add that for anyone who gets really dry skin.. I now wash with a bit of water every day or so and use a little moisturizer !
by DanielleLind* on 07/03/2015 20:13
Question; When taking off makeup at the end of the day, should I just use a wet warm washcloth? I want all of my makeup to come off and I feel like it wont if I just use water
by DanielleLind* on 07/03/2015 20:13
After 4 weeks, clear
Reviewed on April 25, 2015

After 4 weeks, I did not seem to have any active pimples. I eventually reincorporated SPF and a cleanser (albolene) into my routine because I began exercising outdoors.

by Remi24 on 04/27/2015 08:29
Are you vegan? Did you get dead skin mask?