Not Washing or Water Only reviews

Not Washing or Water Only

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Reviewed on October 10, 2016

Day 2 of using only lukewarm water and a washcloth in the morning, evening and night and I must say I have seen drastic improvements !!

I have oily blemished skin and my skin is not irritated by any kind of cleansers or chemicals..i just apply my sunscreen when I go out everyday and when i come back home I just wash it with lukewarm water again. SO HAPPY !! iTS WORTH A TRY !!

Amazing regimen for face
Reviewed on August 1, 2016

I have suffered from acne since very long & tried various products to get rid of it but nothing worked . Then I came across caveman regimen & tried it.

I wash my face with only water in the morning basically just let water running through my face . I have been doing this from more than a month. At beginning days,face got oily but slowly oil got balanced. It got little worse before getting fine so don't worry & drink lots of water & maintain healthy diet. Also not touch your face at all.

So in between I got pimples like currently I have few because I used a homemade facial scrub which was my mistake . Other than that I have lots of acne scars. But I will continue washing my face with only water.

Works Every time
Reviewed on August 27, 2016

My skin type is combination.

I get hormonal acne breakouts on my chin and jawline.

Usually I cleanse with an all natural gentle cleanser 1-2 a day and would apply tea tree oil (needs diluting for sensitive skin) to the breakout area. The tea tree would help to some extent but new spots would form day after day using my usual cleansing method.

Not washing or washing my face just with water is the only thing that seems to stop new spots forming. During this time I apply tea tree 2-3 times a day to the break out area. I don't wash my face unless I have been working out to wash the sweat away or it feels dirty (1st thing in the morning, or last thing at night).

This stops new spots forming within a couple of days. I keep up this regime until any bumps or spots have disappeared: usually within a week.

I am now considering switching completely to water only washing with gentle exfoliation for my normal regime.

Caveman routine, moisturize, mask & exfoliating
Reviewed on August 26, 2016

Hello guys,

I have come across a lot of great reviews that actually are helping me in washing my face with water only. I usually breakout a lot on my forehead and the left side of my cheeks. I was a loyal avalon organics cleanser, toner and moisturizer n serum user but didn't really help on my acne. So for the past 2 weeks I decided to just wash my face twice a day with a face cloth and warm water and dry it with a towel but according to most reviews it's not good to towel dry; I'll change to that tomorrow and wash with cold water rather than hot n in the morning just use my hands no cloth. Well, sometime last week I started breaking out and am assuming it's because I was starting my menstrual cycle. I also love the feeling honey & brown sugar with lemon or olive oil leaves on the face for exfoliation but currently I'm. Otherwise doing this. Do you think one can do the Caveman routine and wear make up maybe once or twice a week and remove make up with olive oil? What about masking twice a week using turmeric and yoghurt? Responses will be appreciated 😊

by Lidysrose on 09/02/2016 17:21
Sometimes I get tired of trying. And that's what I do, wash my fave with just water, and I see that it totally helps. You can wear make up, and by taking it off with olive oil, you're actually doing a "oil cleansing". So, I recommend that when you use olive oil to take the make up off, use a wet warm (better hot) towel, put it in your skin after the olive oil, and take the make up and dirt away.
You have to try this!
Reviewed on August 23, 2016

Its just all chemical crap! Your skin was built better than to have to rely on all these chemicals from drug stores. You can see this from this regime!

daily routine for acne free skin and glowing skin
Reviewed on August 16, 2016

as acne or pimple is something that come because of impurities in your inner instead of changing your routine product change your's routine for getting out of this temporary thing...

1. wake up at 6 and make a solution of 1 glass warm water,half cut lemon and salt and drink it in empty stomach as this will remove all harmful toxic from your body.

2. 6:30-7:-do exercise for half hour.

3. make 3 1 litre bottles and target to drink this anyhow in whole day. breakfast at 8 am.

5.lunch between 11-12am.

6.dinner before 8 pm.

7.go for walk at 8:30 pm.

8.sleep between 10:30 to 11.

9.thank god for what you have instead of blaming or regreting for what you have and try to accept it as some people dont even have one of their part still they are happy in what you have and keep smiling it is the best medicine.

and ya eat whatever you want according to this routine as lemonade solution and water is enough to digest it and also you only have one life so please dont listen to anyone eat whatever you want to eat do whatever you want to do...please give a try to this routine i m sure it will will see result in 1 week.please do try😊 and ya give atleast 15 minute to yourself and meditate.

Amazing life experience, but didn't work for me
Reviewed on July 22, 2016

I am giving it three stars instead of only one, because i want to not only rate it based on acne, but also how eye opening this was. As someone who has struggled with acne for 10+ years and has ALWAYS worn makeup and sincerely cared what other people saw on my face, this was by far the most challenging thing I have ever done. For 4 months I did not wash my face, not even with water. I won't tell you my whole experience, because I logged it all on my page, but long story short my acne never got better, if anything it got worse since I was jumping straight from BP every day to literally nothing. But how liberating!! It was amazing to have my only night and morning ritual be brushing my teeth!! And although my acne increased gradually, I was able to see how people around me literally did not care if I had acne or not. They still treated me wonderfully, enjoyed being around me and I continued to make friends. I only wish that it cleared my acne. I am going to start back up on Dan's regimen because that has been the only thing that has worked for me, but now, I won't be as obsessed over one or two totally normal pimples, as opposed to the over 80 that I had on this "regimen."

I think that everyone should try the caveman regimen for at least one month. What have you got to lose? If your acne gets worse just go back to whatever you have been doing. You never know, maybe you will be one of the lucky ones who gets cleared. Either way, you will be humbled during the process, and realize that you are more than just your appearance.

by jess95 on 07/25/2016 04:43
I just read all your logs. I gave up my skincare routine in late December 2015 (stopped using Retin-A, topical antibiotics). By Jan 2015 I used only water and sometimes spayed my face with the AO Biome Motherdirt Bacteria Water. Then by March 2015 I stopped all products and stopped washing my face with water. Since then, I have had massive oil/filament buildup and dead skin. I think that's the worst part. I have never scrubbed it off with water because that would be breaking my no water rule, but I have picked off some of the worst parts with a dry fingernail, but left the majority 70% still on. I have also been trying the No Poo method on my hair at the same time. My acne has slowed but I still have some. My nose still gets oily and there are blackheads. I am going to keep on doing this exactly this way until Jan 2017. I have been eating a vegan diet mostly high carb/low fat since October 2015. This "experiment" has definitely taken a toll on my self-esteem and social life. My family has not asked me about it because I think they are scared that if they mention it they will break me and I will get more depressed (I think I already look very depressed). However, the routine has helped me not care as much about my appearance and has been mentally cleansing. I love not spending so much time in front of the mirror. I try not to look at myself too much and just relax and not care about every little thing. So ya...the dead skin is a motherf**ker but I'm continuing to chug on. I have hope that my skin just needs a year to regain strength. I'm proud of myself for lasting this long without any mess ups or breakdowns where I desperately scrub my face or start using products again. I think every person that tries this is very strong-willed. Thank you for sharing your story helped me a lot because you lasted so much longer than most!
Reviewed on July 21, 2016

As you probably have, I have tried and tested every product on the market. You name it, I'v used it. Surprise surprise, none of them worked. One of my friends used to struggle with severe acne. She too had tried everything and decided that nothing worked. She had told me about a water only washing routine that cleared her skin so of course, I wanted to try it out.

Resisting all of the products was the hardest part. I would go as far as saying I had an addiction to washing my face; I would wash it 8 times a day which is not good of course, especially because I was using a different concoction of chemicals each time. To list just a FEW of the products I tried: Liz Earle cleanse and polish (the worst of all, caused cystic acne), Good things berry cleanser (disgusting smell and left an awful residue), L'Oréal grapefruit scrub (deeply regret using this), Origins a perfect world (the best of the lot if you feel you can't go without cleansing) and Botanics facial wash FOR MEN (yes I even resulted in using my brothers face wash that he doesn't use, that's how desperate I was!!!). Anyway, about a week ago (a little bit of Bobby Shmurda) I thought to myself that using all these chemicals can't be doing any good so I literally chucked all of my skincare products in the bin and you know what? It was the best thing I ever did! Just ONE week into the routine, my skin is glowing and clear. I don't want to jinx it but I do not have any inflamed red bumps or any of the other nasty stuff- how rare! I have not been this happy in so long because as you know, acne really gets you down!

For anyone who wishes to know my skincare routine-

Morning- Wash face with cold water really well- NO CLEANSERS, NO CLOTHS and DO NOT TOWEL DRY!*

Towels have lots of bacteria hiding inside them contributing to acne

Evening-Wash face with cold water only and NO TOWEL DRYING! Hand action only!!!

P.S- Sometimes I wash my face midday too because your face will be slightly oily for a couple of days but this soon goes away!

If you do have acne, do not worry it will go away! There are thousands of other people going through the same thing and we who have it in our teenage years are lucky in a way because we won't have it when we enter the dating scene but only IF YOU LEAVE YOUR SKIN ALONE!!! I have so much more I want to write but I will bore you so I REALLY hope this method works for you, I want to help you because I know how acne makes you feel; SH*T! Best of luck! It wont let me remove this BTW -->uase

by Emily24 on 07/26/2016 13:28
UPDATE- It is week two of water only washing. Unfortunately, I purchased a simple kind to skin cleanser to see if it would help my skin but of course, it did not work, it only made my skin worse, Since purchasing the cleanser, I have indulged in two face masks which I deeply regret. Back to square one. As for my skin, there is little active acne but many red scars. Does anyone know how to remove them? A response would be much appreciated!
by depressedandscared on 08/02/2016 11:35
use manuka honey for red scars
by Ioandavies on 08/23/2016 21:57
Any more updates?
by antonela on 08/23/2016 23:36
I LOVED THIS I WASNT TOUCHING AND WASHIN MY FACE WITH CLEANSERS NO MAKEUP MORE than 5 days,wasnt actually thinking about my diet,didnt workout ups,but was active outside.Im almost 15 blackheads breakouts omg,I always have redness and my nose is red bumps literally,goes away,comes... in circle...Today I placed on my lids some eyeshadow and cuz it was gel kinda i smudged a bit on my nose and Ive wiped it with my finger and then when I removed it with micellar water it was RED like pimple with bunch of water and I had to put concelear and leave,am I allergic or its cuz eyeshadow is on face or I wasnt putting makeup for almost a week??btw I only wear concelear sometimes and foundation i take off in less then 6 hrs ...i dont do heavy.
by Diamond! on 08/26/2016 02:56
Do you apply makeup? I tend to be makeup free during weekdays and put make up on during the weekend...
Reviewed on July 18, 2016

I have been struggling with acne for years I have sensitive skin so I can't use things with scent in them but I have tried every signal face wash u name it this acne needs to stop it's wrecking my confidence PLEASE HELP I heard using just water helps but I'm scared to try it what should I do ? !!

Reviewed on July 16, 2016

Worked for the first week and then all hell broke loose. Little and big pimples everywhere. My skin is a mess now :(