Not Washing or Water Only reviews

Amazing regimen for face
Reviewed on August 1, 2016

I have suffered from acne since very long & tried various products to get rid of it but nothing worked . Then I came across caveman regimen & tried it.

I wash my face with only water in the morning basically just let water running through my face . I have been doing this from more than a month. At beginning days,face got oily but slowly oil got balanced. It got little worse before getting fine so don't worry & drink lots of water & maintain healthy diet. Also not touch your face at all.

So in between I got pimples like currently I have few because I used a homemade facial scrub which was my mistake . Other than that I have lots of acne scars. But I will continue washing my face with only water.

Update 17-2-2017

So I have been continuously doing this regimen & it is working really well. I do get some pimples here & there but not as big as I got before doing this regimen. Plus point is they got heel within a day or two. The only change I made with this regimen is that I started washing my face twice with water instead of once in a day. One thing I would like to mention here is if you are reading this & wanna try this method is don't touch your face ever. When you have to wash your face with water, wash your hands first with soap properly. I'll continue doing this regimen in future also.

It works like magic!!
Reviewed on January 30, 2017

If you had told me to do this 7-8 years back I would have given you funny looks. But guess what, I did it and it actually worked. Stopped using soap and started washing my face with water only. The first thing I noticed was how less irritated my face looked. The dry scaly patches disappeared within a week. My acne started healing better and the redness disappeared. Gradually within about 2 months, my skin was not sensitive at all.

Today I have been following this for about 3 years now and I have never looked back.

by jess95 on 02/01/2017 01:10
I'm coming on 1 year on this regimen but still have a few breakout. Did you have to deal with dead skin? If so, when did that go away?
Thinking there is more to this then the obvious
Reviewed on January 14, 2017

i am thinking this must also include a persons lifestyle/age to get great results, meaning drinking water eating healthy ect. I tried this for 3 months and feel like a teenager my skin is so bad the worst it has ever been it HURTS its red and discoloured and dry I just can't do this anymore! I really wanted this to work for me. I suppose for some it works 100% and for others has the opposite effect

by smiles23 on 01/16/2017 23:33
Hey Snowydayyyy, thanks for the feedback. It's always good to hear pros and cons to a regimen... about your face being red and hurting... are the pimples themselves hurting or rather the face in general? Just asking cause you may want to seek medical advice, people can develop infections in cases of severe acne and it's a scary situation to be in if it goes untreated. I've been in the boat before and trying to spread the word. Wishing you all the best!
The best thing you can do for your face!
Reviewed on January 10, 2017

The best thing i've tried this far. I've been using so many products on my face, hoping my skin would clear up, but it only made it worse. I stopped using products on my face, and I just drink lots of water. So far my skin isn like 85% clear.

So far so good- and don't judge until your at the 6th week mark
Reviewed on December 17, 2016

Hey guys, TOO EARLY TO REVIEW yet, I've actually just started doing this about 6 days ago now for my acne. I will update in future when I have a good review of how it treated my skin.

I just want to mention something though, I notice a few people saying this "broke me out", "doesn't work" etc... and that may be true however PLEASE keep in mind you cannot judge how your skin is reacting to something until at least 6 weeks into something. Reason being is the natural length of average cell cycle from what I've been told is 4-5 weeks... so technically, it is expected to see some sort of a "purging" as dead skin sheds and clogged pores from underneath finally come to a head. So far, this regimen is working so well for me. PROS: facial redness is better by at least 85 percent if not 90, no new breakouts.... only thing I am noticing is some really tiny hard bumps in certain areas and I'm 100 percent sure this is the skin pushing blackheads out. I also notice how GREATLY reduced my oiliness is. like wow. my forehead used to be shiny within the hour after washing with cleansers, now its maintains itself with hardly any oil for the whole day, and my face doesn't feel tight either. CONS: I won't lie, it will seriously feel like your face is unclean when you wash once a day with water. here's the key though... It might feel incredibly dirty or oily but keep the water splash to a minimum. I made the mistake of rinsing my face with water more than a couple times when i was in the shower last night with really warm water. Total mistake, you get out and as soon as you pat your face dry you suddenly realize how much oil came off and its too dry. SUCH a delicate balance as your skin adjusts to running its own show.

So if your skin is dry- stick to cold water splashed a couple times. if you are noticing its really oily, slightly warmer will wash away most of the oil but again it doesn't need to be more than 5 secs worth of splashing. Sorry i know this is specific, its really about feeling your skin out. One last thing, I have a lot of tiny tiny clogged bumps on the left hand side of my mouth. They are only noticeable if I press my tongue in this area and look in dim lighting (so seriously not at all noticeable to ppl) but they've been there forever and annoy the heck out of me. I'm obviously expecting to see a big breakout by the 4th week mark when they finally cycle through to a head so like I said best not to judge until 1.5-2 months in. I know its a while but rome wasn't built in a day: your skin needs the time to balance itself, shed off its layers naturally and push whatever is in the skin out on its own. I am washing with cool water every evening once a day, and using a konjac sponge (natural very soft plant material, packed with vitamins) every 4-5 days to **lightly** aid the shedding. Ill be decreasing this to once a week soon and eventually working off to nothing. I'm only doing this because i used to exfoliate everyday with chemical exfoliants so my skin is seriously dependent on exfoliation. It would be a Freddy Kuger mess if I didn't slowly tapper off :P

**Update day 14! Skin tone has returned to how it was pre acne, breakouts are only in area of my face that had clogged pores, everything else is clear and no new acne has formed in other areas since this regimen. Only complaint is that dead skin does build up fast so I'm still exfoliating lightly with Konjac every 3 days, 4 if I can push it. Due to dead skin skin does feel rougher but I'm anticipating this will disipate with time. Starting a blog on my journey so check it out if you want more daily type details of skin changes and stages

Not Washing Didn't Work For Me
Reviewed on December 10, 2016

I tried this regimen last year after I heard about the caveman regimen online and how it works wonders for others. I was desperate to clear my skin so I did it and my skin got worse. I think not washing works better if you have adult acne.

It works for me..
Reviewed on December 4, 2016

Ive had moderate cystic acne on my face and back from the time I was about 13 until my 20's. I was put on doxcycline(which worked for awhile) but had side effects because I was on antibiotics for 4 years straight.. muirad made it worse and so did proactiv. I tried 'natures cure' and birth control to no avail and ended up going through every hypoallergenic/all natural/ medicated face scrubs and cleansers you could think of. Finally, over the past 6 months I have stopped. I, personally, allow the water to run over my face in the shower and pat dry with a towel. If my face seems dry (I have combination skin) I put a dab of hypo lotion on my face but nothing else. My face looks better now than it has in years and the pimples I do get are seldom and small. They clear up quickly. I think that it works so well for me because when I stopped 'treating' my face, it allowed my body to do what it had been trying to do all along which was to heal itself.

Advice?
Reviewed on November 27, 2016

I haven't been washing my face, chest or back with soap or cleanser for a little more than two weeks now. I only use baking soda every few days to exfoliate. My skin was substantially less oily right away, which really got my hopes up. The first few days I also noticed what other people said about pimples that surface quickly, and that are easy to deal with. After the first few days though, my skin started erupting again. I have been at constant war with it for the past weeks now, but I want to believe I'm doing something wrong. I thought that since my skin has been less oily, I'd see improvement. What can I do differently? The past few days I put some BP cream to treat the areas that were completely broken out, because I couldn't take it anymore. Any advice? Thank you!

by LearnedMantid on 12/12/2016 04:51
you're doing fine. it will take a lot of time for your skin to go back to normal. and stop using baking soda on your face. use mixture of honey and sugar as exfoliant. and splash some warm water every other day. give it at least a month. acne will definately get worse but eventually with time it will get better.
by AnthonyFox on 12/23/2016 18:50
Don't use baking soda it has a alkaline pH wich is the opposite of the skins natural slightly acidic pH of 4.5-6.2
Let your skin regulate itself
Reviewed on November 21, 2016

I've had cystic/moderate acne for the past five years (ages 14-19) and I can honestly say that there is nothing better you can do for your skin than simply doing nothing. My long acne story short: the past five years, up until the past 3 months, I had used a ton of products from Clearasil to tea tree oil to facial masks however the only product that worked was Epiduo. I had clear skin for a year with epiduo but it made my skin so dry and sensitive that I couldn't go 3hrs without a moisturizer. As such, I stopped using all skincare products completely and it has worked. I let some water touch my face each morning in the shower and that alone is my entire skincare routine. I also physically exfoliate once a week due to the build up of dead skin cells. I used to get huge cystic acne but I haven't had a cyst since I started washing with water. That being said, after I stopped using products I had an initial breakout period where my skin got very dry but it soon began to regulate itself. If you are reading this review don't waste any more of your time or money on acne treatments. Leave your skin alone for a few months and see the difference it will make. Stick with it.

by ftm7 on 02/06/2017 10:13
can you explain your exfoliation routine?
It's time to heal and live, truly. Stop the facial abuse!
Reviewed on November 19, 2016

Cystic acne nonstop since i was 15. Face scarred badly, but cysts and zits stopped with diet and NO MORE CLEANSERS. Caveman is the way to go. Sometimes even washing with water will upset my skin, so I just dont wash it at all anymore. Like other say, you do build up excess skin, so a wet soft washcloth will do fine. I don't moisturize or apply anything to my face or body at all. I also only wash my body and hair with water, soap and shampoo twice a week. You won't smell if you're eating healthy. I feel that high cardio workouts also work to exfoliate my skin. When I feel too dirty, I run up a hot shower and let my pores open up with all the steam ( I do not let the water touch my face, as it is so sensitive, even the chlorine upsets it)

I do stress that your DIET will determine your success. I have always had overeating problems as well, so when i indulge, I break out, still at 26. FOODS TO AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE ------------- SUGAR -------------- keep in mind that simple carbs ( white bread rice pasta cereal etc) turn into sugar in the body, so you must cut those out too. Complex carbs ( beans, brown rice, pasta, bread is not great, but not as bad as the white stuff) just make sure it says WHOLE wheat. I've had the best skin of my life eating WHOLE food without red meat. Chicken and fish, whole veggies and ABSOLUTELY NO SUGAR and MINIMAL SODIUM intake (sodium increases redness and inflammation in the body... especially your face).

Side note... chemical manufacturers are not looking out for you... Living in capitalist America should be your first clue... These people just want your money and will exploit your biggest insecurities. They want you to slap harmful chemicals on your face, clog your pores with makeup, eat yourself into a blimp, because they know the body will expunge it all through your sweat and zits, then you'll go running to them because they offer "cures". ?Me and many more fell for their tricks and paid dearly for the lack of knowledge, with scars. Do yourself a favor and feed your body well, treat it well, encourage it, work it out, and love it. Change your habits and drop negative people around you so you can begin to HEAL.

I am still battling food cravings, still giving in, still breaking out occasionally, but it feels amazing to know that I can be free of this curse. Hope you try this, and spread it to everyone in need. Good luck.