Not Washing or Water Only reviews

3.6/5 - 59 reviews

Please don't do this
Reviewed on February 16, 2015

I bought into the hype but 11 weeks later I've realised it makes no sense.

My active pimples started to go away by week 6 or 7, and it was great. Or so I thought. I got into the habit of avoiding mirrors too close and just feeling "clear" from a distance. Little did I know.

I just used water and patted dry with a towel every day. Maybe lightly brushing off dead skin once a week. It backfired big time. I've ended up with seborrheic dermatitis and thousands of tiny bumps, and sometimes noticably red bumps. I'm only now trying to treat it and of course, I have 11 weeks of built up clogged pores to purge out of my skin. So now I'm breaking out badly and in areas where there isn't acne' it's just all bumpy and red anyway.

If I can prevent one person from making this mistake, it'll be useful at least. I'm only one solitary person, on this earth for just a tiny fraction of time.

Please just try and find gentle products that work for you. If I had spent those months experimenting and patch testing I could be on my way right now.

Best of luck. Dont cry for me Im already dead

by damagedspoon on 03/09/2015 22:59
I was looking into the "Caveman Regimine" and stumbled onto this page. This comment was first. I didn't know what seborrheic dermatitis was, so I Googled it. For anyone that's curious, seborrheic dermatitis isn't caused by poor hygeine, as this post suggests. According to the National Eczema Association, it's the same condition that causes Cradle Cap and dandruff. "The cause of seborrheic dermatitis is thought to be due to an abnormal inflammatory response to a yeast normally found on the skin: Malassezia. Like eczema, many factors can aggravate seborrheic dermatitis including stress, change of seasons, illnesses, and heavy alcohol use, to name a few." Like anything, you should be careful and watch yourself for abnormal changes in your body when you try something new. There's always the possibility that you could have a reaction because of allergies or sensitivities unique to your own body.
by drosoulita on 03/11/2015 08:04
wash with saw dust if you like but acne will disappear only if you eat 80% raw for a few weeks. Anythiung else id patented and a waste of money and time! Raw food helps leprosy. Google it!
Got worse after a month
Reviewed on January 29, 2015

I had previously been using benzoyl peroxide at night and a face wash twice a day, then I left my skin alone for a month, occasionally washing with water in the shower, and my skin got quite a bit worse. This may have been due to my worse diet, but I'm not sure.

Works if you let it
Reviewed on January 7, 2015

There are a lot of people on here talking bad about the water-only meathod. Of course it won't work for everyone because everyone lives their life differently and has different habits. I for one have a terrible habit of touching my face, which is part of the reason I breakout. I also sleep with my jawline shoved into my pillow, so when I constantly washed my face and slathered moisturizer or cream or whatever on it, it just built up on my pillow case and transfered to my face resulting in more breakouts. So I thought Proactive would work. $80 and a month later it only made my face worse. So I washed my face one last time with an exfoliating wash and left it be. I rinse it off in the shower and pat it dry. At night before bed I take a cotton washcloth and wet it with warm water to wipe my face with and it feels amazing afterwards. It's only been a few days but it's slowly getting better. I never really had oily or dry skin but I have noticed a huge difference with the way it feels without the chemicals. It feels like fresh clean skin and thats the way it should be. I don't have to worry about getting anything on my pillow cases anymore. And I have given up using makeup for this expiriment and I must say it has been a huge improvement. I recommend this to those who are patient and want to ween off the chemicals. and also try washing your pillow cases and try not to touch your face too much so you don't transfer any more bacteria to your pores.

just started
Reviewed on December 29, 2014

so I just started so I don't know yet. I really don't know if this is the best for me yet. I have damaged skin from harsh chemicals in products. so I stopped and my parents told me to just do this. I'm nervous because I have a forehead full of tiny bumps and dead skin from drying it out. and cheeks of acne scars. I hope this will help me. my face isn't red anymore at least. and my spots are turning into dead skin.

It seems working
Reviewed on December 29, 2014

I've been doing this for almost two weeks now And I've seen improvements already, I wash my face just with water twice a day, two days ago I stop using moisturizer too, I will update this and tell you how it's going..

Not for everyone, but still try
Reviewed on November 20, 2014

I was at a training camp for a month. During that month, I had no time to use cleansers or stuff like that. I only occasionally rinsed my face with water and moisturized my face. I also swam everyday. We weren't allowed to wear any makeup. As the month progressed, I noticed my skin started to SIGNIFICANTLY clear up, but the some of other girls skin was breaking out. By the end of the month, my skin was the best it had been in years. But for some of the girls, that wasn't the case.

What I'm getting at is that this doesn't work for everyone. But there's no harm in trying it.

Caveman / Water only
Reviewed on November 5, 2014

Used everything, nothing worked.. you've heard it all before.

I stopped using everything… Just water… first few days slowly improved… week 3 got a few pimples and struggled to continue with using nothing… Then mid week three really cleared up. On day 35 now… Really happy. Still get the occasional pimple but thats fine… so much better than having lots of pimples / patches.

The hardest part is sticking with it.. the body really needs time to get rid of everything…

Im sticking with it.. have heard by 3 months skin is almost perfect.. also as well as improved clear skin, the skin tone is also evening out.

So i say hang in there, its tough but don't cave. Plus you save so much $$$$

ps used to believe it was food related.. but now i can eat anything (chocolate chips anything and I'm fine). Just let your body do what it needs too. Also the salty beach water helps too

Don't rush into it. Slowly taper off and should be success
Reviewed on November 3, 2014

Please excuse the length but you seriously HAVE to read this. I have been abusing my face for a little over a year now. I used every single kind've of treatment short of accutane: retinoids, Bp, SA, topical and oral antibiotics, chemical peels and an array of face washes. I believe acne is not in my genetics, for i would only get the occasional pimple here and there before i started using acne treatments. All of the crazy chemicals stripped my skin of it's acid mantle and changed the structure of the skin into that of someone who has acne. I gave the Caveman regimen a try about ten months ago. I guess my skin was wasn't ready for the sudden withdraw of the multiple harsh chemicals i was using, it went from moderate eyesore acne to big pustules of the likes i've never seen. I panicked and after like 3 days of not washing i went back to the vicious cycle. I slowly realized that any kind of chemical was not the way to go and whenever i tried to apply something basic like proactive or Sacylic acid, my skin immediately broke out in whiteheads, Kind've like it's way of telling me "Hey, Idiot! Don't put that crap on me!". I started only washing with water, which dried me out quite a bit. I then when and purchased Aveeno Naturals Daily Moisturizer. I stopped washing my face completely and used the moisturizer on the flakey skin i had. Results were wonderful. This is pretty much the official start of my caveman regimen. About 4 days in i noticed that my natural skin tone was returning and not that disgusting pale/red color that mad me cringe when i looked in the mirror. Though, every voyage is not without it's bumps. My skin is no where near perfect. I occasionally have to pop a pimple here and there but no where near the severity of when i was using cleansers. I now don't wash or apply anything other than a little moisturizer, and my skin looks better than it has in about a year or so. As for the flakes, they are my main concern, but they are dying down, and normal skin is returning. I used to have awful clusters of closed comedones that would horde gunk, but those are gone too. Follow what i've done precisely (minus the harsh chemicals of course) and you should have a similar experience :)

by Andralodo on 02/23/2015 16:41
Exactly m8! i never had pimples before or acne whatever you want to call it. But then i started using cleansers that broke me out ashell and now i have many redmarks i use a gntle cleanser but i still get some pimples. I want to try to quit all of this bs beacause i never got pimples before when i only used water.
Meh..
Reviewed on November 1, 2014

I only used this method for about 2 weeks, it left my skin unchanged and didn't help it improve in any way, shape, or form. I only did it because I had ran out of my face wash and was too lazy to get around to buying another one. i wouldn't recommend it to people who use makeup on a daily basis, for people who have severe acne, or for extremely oily skin. Instead, just use a gentle face wash like Cetaphil per example.

IF YOU'RE HUMAN IT WILL WORK FOR YOU
Reviewed on October 28, 2014

The' water only' method actually works wonderful i have been using products on my face to kill the bacteria and a non dairy strict diet and i would still break out badly i couldn't pin point what the cause was well i guess i was upsetting my body's production of healing itself by throwing chemicals on my skin.The only water method actually restored my body's cycle to work productively and i'm hoping good results as i follow this method . Basically what i do is: wash my hand then with warm water i wash face then i do it another time with warm water and then last time with cold water and i can honestly say that i'm feeling more alive then I've ever been when i was using all these products, i don't think we were to tamper with our bodies in the first place UNLESS IT CAN CURE CANCER!