Not Washing or Water Only reviews

Advice?
Reviewed on November 27, 2016

I haven't been washing my face, chest or back with soap or cleanser for a little more than two weeks now. I only use baking soda every few days to exfoliate. My skin was substantially less oily right away, which really got my hopes up. The first few days I also noticed what other people said about pimples that surface quickly, and that are easy to deal with. After the first few days though, my skin started erupting again. I have been at constant war with it for the past weeks now, but I want to believe I'm doing something wrong. I thought that since my skin has been less oily, I'd see improvement. What can I do differently? The past few days I put some BP cream to treat the areas that were completely broken out, because I couldn't take it anymore. Any advice? Thank you!

Let your skin regulate itself
Reviewed on November 21, 2016

I've had cystic/moderate acne for the past five years (ages 14-19) and I can honestly say that there is nothing better you can do for your skin than simply doing nothing. My long acne story short: the past five years, up until the past 3 months, I had used a ton of products from Clearasil to tea tree oil to facial masks however the only product that worked was Epiduo. I had clear skin for a year with epiduo but it made my skin so dry and sensitive that I couldn't go 3hrs without a moisturizer. As such, I stopped using all skincare products completely and it has worked. I let some water touch my face each morning in the shower and that alone is my entire skincare routine. I also physically exfoliate once a week due to the build up of dead skin cells. I used to get huge cystic acne but I haven't had a cyst since I started washing with water. That being said, after I stopped using products I had an initial breakout period where my skin got very dry but it soon began to regulate itself. If you are reading this review don't waste any more of your time or money on acne treatments. Leave your skin alone for a few months and see the difference it will make. Stick with it.

It's time to heal and live, truly. Stop the facial abuse!
Reviewed on November 19, 2016

Cystic acne nonstop since i was 15. Face scarred badly, but cysts and zits stopped with diet and NO MORE CLEANSERS. Caveman is the way to go. Sometimes even washing with water will upset my skin, so I just dont wash it at all anymore. Like other say, you do build up excess skin, so a wet soft washcloth will do fine. I don't moisturize or apply anything to my face or body at all. I also only wash my body and hair with water, soap and shampoo twice a week. You won't smell if you're eating healthy. I feel that high cardio workouts also work to exfoliate my skin. When I feel too dirty, I run up a hot shower and let my pores open up with all the steam ( I do not let the water touch my face, as it is so sensitive, even the chlorine upsets it)

I do stress that your DIET will determine your success. I have always had overeating problems as well, so when i indulge, I break out, still at 26. FOODS TO AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE ------------- SUGAR -------------- keep in mind that simple carbs ( white bread rice pasta cereal etc) turn into sugar in the body, so you must cut those out too. Complex carbs ( beans, brown rice, pasta, bread is not great, but not as bad as the white stuff) just make sure it says WHOLE wheat. I've had the best skin of my life eating WHOLE food without red meat. Chicken and fish, whole veggies and ABSOLUTELY NO SUGAR and MINIMAL SODIUM intake (sodium increases redness and inflammation in the body... especially your face).

Side note... chemical manufacturers are not looking out for you... Living in capitalist America should be your first clue... These people just want your money and will exploit your biggest insecurities. They want you to slap harmful chemicals on your face, clog your pores with makeup, eat yourself into a blimp, because they know the body will expunge it all through your sweat and zits, then you'll go running to them because they offer "cures". ?Me and many more fell for their tricks and paid dearly for the lack of knowledge, with scars. Do yourself a favor and feed your body well, treat it well, encourage it, work it out, and love it. Change your habits and drop negative people around you so you can begin to HEAL.

I am still battling food cravings, still giving in, still breaking out occasionally, but it feels amazing to know that I can be free of this curse. Hope you try this, and spread it to everyone in need. Good luck.

New to this. -any advice/help would be appreciated
Reviewed on October 27, 2016

Hi guys,

I'm really not sure what the real reason is behind my acne. I have it really bad on my cheeks and my chin and a little on my forehead. I have tried everything and it has only gotten worse. I back tracked and came to conclusion it might of been from my make up products and introducing new face washes, lotions, masks and natural methods for over a year. I feel like I have been covering up my face with make up for so long that It didn't even appear to me how much my skin has changed. I used to have perfect,clear skin. I used to wear drug store make up and sometimes didn't even remember to take it fully off and STILL had perfect skin. I started introducing face washes to my skin once I noticed a little bit of acne. Now, my face is completely covered. :(

I recently started this no face cleansing regimen and I think I'm in the "getting worse stage" before it gets better. It really takes a toll on you. I sometimes get extremely depressed and will sit on the internet for hours researching on what I can possibly do or what I am doing wrong. At this point, I'm desperate. I'm going to continue to use only water to wash my face for now. However, holidays are coming up and I would like to use a light foundation to cover up any existing acne.

Does anyone know a very natural way I can take off my make up that won't make my skin any worse than it is? I have extremely sensitive skin and I just want to find what works for my skin so I can stick to it. I'm trying to go without make up and although it has lowered my self esteem, I am not going to give up. I cannot wait for the day I wake up acne-free and feel beautiful without any make up.

Any advice/help on a very natural non irritating make up remover would be very much appreciated.

I will update with pictures of before and after if this regimen seems to work for me.

Thanks :)

Ashley D.

by jess95 on 10/29/2016 09:37
Hey! Please update as often as you can. I just read all your logs. I gave up my skincare routine in late December 2015 (stopped using Retin-A, topical antibiotics). By Jan 2015 I used only water and sometimes spayed my face with the AO Biome Motherdirt Bacteria Water. Then by March 2015 I stopped all products and stopped washing my face with water. Since then, I have had massive oil/filament buildup and dead skin. I think that's the worst part. I have never scrubbed it off with water because that would be breaking my no water rule, but I have picked off some of the worst parts with a dry fingernail. I have also been trying the No Poo method on my hair at the same time. My acne has slowed but I still have some. My nose still gets oily and there are blackheads. I am going to keep on doing this exactly this way until Jan 2016. I have been eating a vegan diet since October 2015. This "experiment" has definitely taken a toll on my self-esteem and social life. However, the routine has helped me not care as much about my appearance and has been mentally cleansing. I love not spending so much time in front of the mirror. I try not to look at myself too much and just relax and not care about every little thing. So ya...the dead skin is a motherf**ker but I'm continuing to chug on. I have hope that my skin just needs a year to regain strength. I'm proud of myself for lasting this long without any mess ups or breakdowns where I desperately scrub my face or start using products again. I think every person that tries this is very strong-willed. Overall, my skin is a lot less oily and I spend less on products. I'm going to continue and see if more improvement happens!
Joined acne.org in 2006...
Reviewed on October 22, 2016

I just logged in today after several years. I had moderate acne in my late teens and early 20's. I used a variety of products and found that differin worked well for me.

I'm now in my early 30's and had a severe outbreak this time last year. Acne is so much more painful as an adult. It makes you feel like a child again and really damages your self esteem. Anyway. I started using differin again but my face just got worse and worse.

I decided to stop using all products including my "collection" of face washes/scrubs in favour of warm water.

I was amazed that after only 2 days my skin was less oily. After a week it felt firmer, softer and had a nice glow. I did notice that I was building up dry skin but with the help of a wash cloth and regular shaving with water only, this was solved. My acne became much better. I had a few small surface spots that would heal faster. My acne scars also started to fade much more rapidly than before.

I now try to avoid chemicals as much as possible. Our bodies have evolved over millions of years to tolerate all that the world throws at them. All these cleansers and scrubs and other products remove that natural defence and leave skin vulnerable to attack.

WORTH A TRY!
Reviewed on October 10, 2016

Day 2 of using only lukewarm water and a washcloth in the morning, evening and night and I must say I have seen drastic improvements !!

I have oily blemished skin and my skin is not irritated by any kind of cleansers or chemicals..i just apply my sunscreen when I go out everyday and when i come back home I just wash it with lukewarm water again. SO HAPPY !! iTS WORTH A TRY !!

Amazing regimen for face
Reviewed on August 1, 2016

I have suffered from acne since very long & tried various products to get rid of it but nothing worked . Then I came across caveman regimen & tried it.

I wash my face with only water in the morning basically just let water running through my face . I have been doing this from more than a month. At beginning days,face got oily but slowly oil got balanced. It got little worse before getting fine so don't worry & drink lots of water & maintain healthy diet. Also not touch your face at all.

So in between I got pimples like currently I have few because I used a homemade facial scrub which was my mistake . Other than that I have lots of acne scars. But I will continue washing my face with only water.

Works Every time
Reviewed on August 27, 2016

My skin type is combination.

I get hormonal acne breakouts on my chin and jawline.

Usually I cleanse with an all natural gentle cleanser 1-2 a day and would apply tea tree oil (needs diluting for sensitive skin) to the breakout area. The tea tree would help to some extent but new spots would form day after day using my usual cleansing method.

Not washing or washing my face just with water is the only thing that seems to stop new spots forming. During this time I apply tea tree 2-3 times a day to the break out area. I don't wash my face unless I have been working out to wash the sweat away or it feels dirty (1st thing in the morning, or last thing at night).

This stops new spots forming within a couple of days. I keep up this regime until any bumps or spots have disappeared: usually within a week.

I am now considering switching completely to water only washing with gentle exfoliation for my normal regime.

Caveman routine, moisturize, mask & exfoliating
Reviewed on August 26, 2016

Hello guys,

I have come across a lot of great reviews that actually are helping me in washing my face with water only. I usually breakout a lot on my forehead and the left side of my cheeks. I was a loyal avalon organics cleanser, toner and moisturizer n serum user but didn't really help on my acne. So for the past 2 weeks I decided to just wash my face twice a day with a face cloth and warm water and dry it with a towel but according to most reviews it's not good to towel dry; I'll change to that tomorrow and wash with cold water rather than hot n in the morning just use my hands no cloth. Well, sometime last week I started breaking out and am assuming it's because I was starting my menstrual cycle. I also love the feeling honey & brown sugar with lemon or olive oil leaves on the face for exfoliation but currently I'm. Otherwise doing this. Do you think one can do the Caveman routine and wear make up maybe once or twice a week and remove make up with olive oil? What about masking twice a week using turmeric and yoghurt? Responses will be appreciated 😊

by Lidysrose on 09/02/2016 17:21
Sometimes I get tired of trying. And that's what I do, wash my fave with just water, and I see that it totally helps. You can wear make up, and by taking it off with olive oil, you're actually doing a "oil cleansing". So, I recommend that when you use olive oil to take the make up off, use a wet warm (better hot) towel, put it in your skin after the olive oil, and take the make up and dirt away.
You have to try this!
Reviewed on August 23, 2016

Its just all chemical crap! Your skin was built better than to have to rely on all these chemicals from drug stores. You can see this from this regime!