Green Tea reviews

4.5/5 - 373 reviews

Reduces redness
Reviewed on November 2, 2016

I just started a new facial routine which has green tea. I make a single serving, put ice and honey in it and use the tea bag on face. It seemed to reduce redness on my face. I will try to update in a week or two. I AM USING THIS WITH OTHER PROTUCTS, NOT ALONE!!! I also read that it has antioxidants, so it might aide in getting rid of acne. My morning routine is: Wash (using oil free facial wash), Cleanse, Tea (do not rinse off!!), once the tea is dry, I use a few drops of jojoba oil, rub into finger tips and gently pat onto face.

I also read that it helps significantly to remove or minimize fried foods and dairy products, however yogurt is fine. So if you like to eat ice cream a lot, switch to frozen yogurt.

Relieves redness
Reviewed on October 16, 2016

I have lots of old red acne blemishes and on the days when I can't drink green tea they are noticeably redder. On the days when I do, my face is not as red and oily. I steep loose-leaf organic green tea throughout the course of the day. Let's be clear though that it doesn't help to actually get rid of acne, it just helps the appearance of my skin. I love it though, it has so many health benefits!

it helps but not alone...
Reviewed on October 9, 2016

Six months ago I went out of birth control, I had been on it for 10 years and while it was Amazing for my skin, it also had so many nasty side effects, so I decided to go natural. I waited for six months to write my review on acne.org, as I wanted to make sure I had totally cleared my acne before I shared my tips with everybody here. Thanks God it happened and here I am to share my story and hopefully help a lot of people who are struggling with it as I did.

First of all.. Take a look at a website called “clearskinforever”, that is where I got most of the advices on how to clear my skin naturally, and they also explain in details things that are good and bad for the skin and how they work exactly…Of course everybody is different and maybe what it works for me won't work for you, but it doesn’t hurt to try… Based on their tips I have cut coffee and dairy, started taking Zinc 25 mg every night, Vitamin D 1000U, I drink lots of green tea and some Turmeric tea time to time. I cleared most of my acne after I started taking zinc and cut coffee and milk, but I was still getting some bad cystic acne on my chin… About 3 months ago I went to my gynecologist and she recommended me some topic antibiotic to put on it and it has been like miracle, since I started with it I haven't got one single cystic acne and I am so happy and grateful for it, the antibiotic lotion is called Dalacin T, the component on it is Clindamycin phosphate 1%, I like it because it doesn't have smell, it absorbs very quickly and It doesn't make my skin dry or peel. I guess there must be other brands that sell the same formula, so you can try any of them (just saying because I don't want people thinking I am advertising products here haha, my intentions is just to help).

I think it is also very important to be careful about products that we put on our skin… make sure to use the right sunblock and cream for acne prone skin and also read a lot of reviews to make sure that they DO work.

I have beeing a bit paranoid about my skin lately… There is something I have being doing that seems a little extreme, but it has being awesome. I have been washing my face , morning/night with a good cleanser lotion, drying it just with sterile gauze and using a 0,9 % sterile saline solution (that I keep on the fridge) as a toner (it closes the pores, control oleosity without being harsh on the skin and it also gives me a nice glow) It is working wonders on my skin and it is something so simple and cheap that you can find in any pharmacy, so maybe it is worth to give it a try.

I hope my review helps. Feel free to ask me any question about it if necessary. The best of luck for you guys

It worked but not completely
Reviewed on October 2, 2016

Green tea is great. I drink it three times a day after every meal (it can cause acid reflux if you drink it on empty stomach). Probably any loose tea (not in tea bags) will work but I have been drinking Gyokuro (probably the most expensive but I buy Chinese, which is cheaper) and Thai Nguyen (Vietnamese, cheap but good quality). I take a table spoon per cup, let it steep in 80°C water for 20 minutes. Put tea in and let it cool in a teapot, no need to keep it on a stove to keep it at 80°C. The taste will be bitter but once you get used to it, it is actually very pleasing. If the bitterness is unbearable either the temperature was too high or the tea is bad quality (or maybe you just need to get used to it). Although the tea helps greatly I'd like to note that only after removing gluten from my diet my acne disappeared altogether.

don't take if you're anemic!!
Reviewed on September 10, 2016

So I started taking green tea extract supplements and drinking green matcha tea. I did get more energy and I think my boobs grew slightly and I lost about 5lbs in 2 weeks (woo!). BUT no effect on my skin and the second week I started getting dizzy randomly especially when I worked out. I am super anemic and very active so it could be a rare side effect but I Googled it and green tea is actually bad for people with anemia as it prohibits iron circulation. They call it "sleepy blood". Sounds weird but its a real thing and I thought I'd let you all know in case anyone is experiencing the side effect and doesn't know what it's from. Good luck! And don't forget- you're beautiful :)

doing something.
Reviewed on August 22, 2016

I have been drinking 3 to 5 cups of gunpowder loose green tea a day from the past week to see if it helps with acne. as of right now, I haven't noticed a major changes, but my digestive system has been working far more efficiently, which can only help I hope. I will update in the coming weeks. also, I normally drink nothing but a ton of water, so any changes won't be due to not drinking soda, juice, milk, etc. I also want to add that I eat a pretty healthy diet in general, alot of fruits, vegetables and chicken. not much processed or instant food. I do occasionally go crazy and binge on a whole pack of ores or bucket of cookie dough....trying to get those sugar spikes under control.

by sosickofzitz on 08/31/2016 21:13
ok, so update! I think green tea is great for you but have noticed my skin is way more oily. I have oily skin anyway but even my hair and eyelids seem oily. now, I did start a new birth control around the same time I started drinking the tea, so it may very well be that. but I am going to try not drinking it for a week and see if there's any difference. I'll be back to update.
Need help can you rub white tea bags on gave
Reviewed on August 14, 2016

I usually when I drink white or green tea I rub the tea bag on my acne on my right cheek will it help????

Green Tea Brands????
Reviewed on July 17, 2016

I reside in Bangladesh where I can only find these brands- Twinings, Lipton. Can anyone tell me if twinings/lipton help?

TIA

This Rocks for Hormonal Acne!!!!
Reviewed on July 16, 2016

Ever since I have stopped taking birth control 10 years ago my hormonal acne was out of control. Within that time frame I have seen multiple dermatologists and I was prescribed various antibiotics, facial washes, and topical creams which really did not work for me. Recently I came to this website to look for natural remedies in order to deal with my hormonal acne and I noticed that green tea received a lot of favorable reviews. I decided to give organic matcha green tea powder and Tazo's green tea (with spearmint, due to its anti-androgen effects!) a try. I've been drinking 2 to 3 cups a day for two weeks and I've noticed a reduction of acne on my lower face and back. If anyone is looking for a natural remedy for their hormonal acne I would definitely suggest giving this a try!

IT works but you have to buy the right kind!
Reviewed on June 23, 2016

I bought my pure organic matcha green tea powder from amazon! Every morning I put about a tsp in a cold water bottle, shake it up and add some squeezes of lemon. My skin has been clearing up dramatically. My blackheads and whiteheads are diminishing. Also, you have to take diet and exercise into consideration as well. I've been keeping up with both and taking advantage of the sauna at my gym. Seriously everyone, if you want to clear up - it is an all around lifestyle change you must go through. Adding the green tea to my life has been the best thing for my skin though.

by Binang on 08/11/2016 15:45
what is the name of that pls?