Green Tea reviews

4.5/5 - 353 reviews

Green Tea

Hey, at least it's healthy..
Reviewed on June 23, 2015

When my acne started to accumulate, I read online that several cups of green tea per day could really clear your skin...Since there are boxes and boxes of green tea in my cabinet, I said ,'hey, why not!'.. So from then on, I drank about 2-3 cups of tea per day.. Sadly, I experienced a very little difference in my skin..My acne simply became less inflamed. Certain factors could have caused this such as only drinking about two cups per day but, you can decide if this method can help you..Either way, green tea still has amazing health benefits that you can benefit from if it does not help your acne

Blemishes reduced to 60%
Reviewed on June 14, 2015

I have been suffering from chronic acne since the age of 12. I am 30 today.

I have tried all possible products in the market , spent too much money but couldnt get the result green tea gave me.

What eventually worked for me are these things:

1.egg white mask + lemon -> helps close pores and help with glowing skin

2.green tea-> helps reduce blemishes on both side of my cheeks. i saw the difference in 2 weeks. sipping 2 cups each day (i am fond of pure jasmine green tea)

3.on weekends i try to get little more than 8 hours of sleep (this closes my pores)

4. apply toothpaste on a pimple overnight (allows pimple to dry out)

5. use st ives apricot scrub (works best to scrub dead cells away and polish my skin)

What I am still not able to resolve are:

1.i have a blackheads on my cheeks that is there for past couple of months and none of the things i have tried until now including baking soda have been able to wipe it out. Any suggestions here are welcome, please!!

Honestly it does make a difference
Reviewed on May 24, 2015

I used to drink a lot of fizzy drinks and coffee with lots of sugar but recently switched to just drinking green tea and water; even if I go out for a meal I'll make sure to only drink water. But I've noticed a huge difference in my skin and breakouts since drinking green tea, I've got a few small spots on my face but not as many as I've had before.

Obviously green tea isnt going to clear up your acne completely but it helps a lot.

Not just for drinking!!
Reviewed on May 6, 2015

Over the last few months my 18 yr old daughter, after never having had spots, has had a severe out break of sore red acne for which she has been prescribed antibiotics and a prescription cream. Neither have had much effect other than to make the area extreme dry and sore. A few weeks ago I read an article in the Daily Mail recommending green tea to be applied to the affected area. Over the last few days I have applied cotton wool pads saturated in green tea to the skin and also have open the tea bag and put the tea directly on the skin for 5 mins. In just a few days redness of the spots has improved significantly as well as the lumps that could be felt beneath the skin. I will definitely continue using green tea in this way.

Very Good
Reviewed on March 2, 2015

If you want to masturbate and are scared of breaking out, drink a cup of green tea before and after you do it. I can now do it whenever I want without breaking out. From the research I've done, green tea blocks your body from transforming testosterone into dht, which is 10x more powerful than testosterone and causes hormonal breakouts. I'm drinking this stuff daily now with really good results. Add some lemon juice with it also, vitamin c increases the absorbincey of green tea.

Only thing that's ever worked for me
Reviewed on February 17, 2015

I've had horrible hormonal cystic breakouts all over my chin and jawline for the past 6 years (I'm 24) and Ive been on the pill even longer, and nothing I've ever tried (including cutting our dairy) has worked to clear it. I started drinking warm/hot green tea every single day - anywhere from 3-6 cups - and I haven't had any cystic breakouts since. I can eat whatever I want - although I don't eat meat - and never have to worry about my skin. As for brands, the one I use is uncle lee (it's organic and very cheap), I love the taste and I don't add any sweetener. Also, I use aveeno clear complexion foaming cleanser and aveeno clear complexion daily moisturizer.

Nothing to lose
Reviewed on February 6, 2015

Having suffered a sudden breakout and wanting to clear up my skin I did some extensive research that led me to discover the benefits of green tea. Green tea had been mentioned in a number of studies known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties so I decided to give it a shot. Green tea helps reduce insulin levels and contains catechins that have potent antioxidant properties. The antioxidant levels are greater in green tea powders and tea leaves than tea bags, and make sure the tea you buy is fresh! Most recommended drinking 4-6 cups a day. I started drinking a few cups throughout the day, once in the morning, in the afternoon and the evening and boy did it really change my skin. I have no new acne and my skin is a lot brighter/less oily. Of course you shouldn't rely on it to get rid of acne forever, it is a supplement that should go along with having a well-balanced diet, adequate sleep and exercise. On a side note, I also limited my intake of gluten and dairy which also helped clear up my skin. I definitely recommend green tea to everyone! It's amazing!!

Very effective! Works best if you drink 3-6 cups a day!
Reviewed on January 11, 2015

Worked wonderfully for clearing up my acne. I drink about 3-6 large cups a day. It takes time to clear up, but if you drink a good amount a day plus have a healthy diet and take vitamins you will see an improvement. Don't expect a miracle and to have clear skin within a week. Green tea won't clear it up on it's own but it makes a huge difference. I highly recommend green tea to anyone suffering from mild, moderate, to even severe acne.

by Naveenamujuri on 04/26/2015 12:43
how much time it take approximately for getting clear skin after taking the green tea?
Drink 2X a Day!
Reviewed on January 11, 2015

I have incorporated drinking green tea two times a day in addition to distilled water and my morning starbucks coffee.

For the past YEAR or so, I have been suffering with hormonal acne. I noticed that I break out more during the winter because in the summer I tan regularly and my skin clears. Because of the embarrassing outbreaks which have made me extremely self conscious, I decided to take drastic measures without going to the dermatologist.

I googled and googled holistic acne remedies and I have used a combination of things to bring my inflammation down. My skin is not perfect and not where I want it to be but it has only been two weeks and it is looking WAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than it did last month. I will admit I was eating bad, and had a semi crisis within my family which caused HIGH level of stress and made my inflammation WORSE.

Green Tea is not the ALL END to acne, IT IS ONE STEP. Green Tea is an overall HEALTH benefit, but definitely helps with skin. This is what I drink:

1 Grande REGULAR COFFEE w/soy milk From Starbucks. (NO SUGAR, NO NOTHING) Occasionally I add cinnamon. Coffee helps you poop. Do not add sugar. I sometimes brew my own ORGANIC COFFEE.

Juice either beets or spinach- Mix with green apple.

1 to 2 cups of ORGANIC GREEN TEA W/HONEY

Drink DISTILLED WATER through the DAY

TAKE WHOLEFOOD MULTI-VITAMIN, 1 ZINC, 1VITAMIND, 1 VITAMIN A with a meal

Drink 1-2 Cups of DECAF Green Tea at night.

I do not take the vitamin A everyday. (codliver oil) I alter with flax seed oil at night sometimes.

All my vitamins come from Whole Foods and are "food based".

When I am not being lazy, I will juice celery and mix it with orange juice.

I try to eat an avocado a day. I also mix a avocado /banana and make mask and let it sit on my face .

As you can see, I use a wide range of methods. The key is to be consistent.

Within the last two weeks, my acne has cleared up and confident it will be completely clear by the end of this month.

The key are the vitamins and organic FRESH FRUITS AND VEGGIES.

The bottom line is, YES GREEN TEA WORKS. Incorporate this INEXPENSIVE herb into your diet NOW!

One more thing, My was regime--I wash my face with olive oil and/or coconut oil at night. Sleep with coconut oil and/add retina A and your skin will love you!

GOOD! (That's what I thought)
Reviewed on November 21, 2014

Hi! I started to take this thing because I read the whole 500 reviews or at least the positive ones, Im takin 3-4 cups a day , Its only been 3 days, I know is a short time but I haven't break out since I started, I read this thing could regulate the dopamine and control stress, I have dermatillomania because my axiety, I've notice after taking the cup of tea I feel with more energy but without axiety, I'm not touching my face anymore, or at leat I'm more conscious about it, so this ting is really good for me, tonight I'm gonna try mix tea with oats to make a facial mask to fade marks, I will update how everything is going. Sorry about my english Im not an english native speaker, please correct me if I've made mistakes :)

UPDATE:Haha it's funny I said wonders about this Jajaja after a week or two taking green tea it caused the worst break out I,ve had in years, this thing resulted really bad for me, as soon as I stoped taking this my skin went back to normal