Green Tea reviews

4.5/5 - 339 reviews

Green Tea

Decaffeinated Green Tea Is Available Also
Reviewed on September 13, 2014

I appreciate all of the previous reviews about green tea for acne! I wanted to let everyone know that there are different brands of decaffeinated green tea available also. "Bigelow" is just one of the companies that makes decaffeinated green tea. You can find this tea at any grocery store. You just have to look for the Bigelow Green Tea box, that has the orange labeled that says decaffeinated on it. I have seen other brands of decaffeinated green tea also. You will need to search each box, for the label that states decaffeinated, otherwise it is assumed to have caffeine in it. When preparing green tea, I honestly just open the tea bag up and dump the contents of green tea in the water to be boiled, so that I drink the herb in it's purest form. 2 large glasses of this per day, boosts my immune system and seems to make my pimples less inflamed, as green tea is an anti-inflammatory herb. As a woman in my thirties, I get worse acne depending on the change of my cycle, so I use a combination of eating a large serving of fresh, steamed broccoli and 2 large glasses of green tea per day to help regulate my hormones for clearer skin also. Hope this helps everyone!

It Can't Hurt!
Reviewed on August 20, 2014

It's not my favourite taste in the world but I am a firm believer in treating acne from the inside out. Green Tea contains powerful antioxidants that are beneficial to your overall health as well as your skin. One thing I would say is avoid drinking more than 2-3 cups a day because Green Tea IS caffeinated. If you want to drink any more than that I suggest buying a decaffeinated version (still contains all the goodness of regular green tea.) Alternatively I tend to alternate Green Tea with Peppermint which is great for you digestive system.

Green Tea is absolutely amazing. Great for acne, your body and fat loss!
Reviewed on August 8, 2014

The best way to fight acne is from the inside-out. I love Green Tea. I used to drink 4 cups daily but had to slow down because I'm pregnant! While drinking the organic green tea (using loose leaves no bagged stuff), My skin was SO Clear and I didn't need to wear any foundation! I drank about 4 cups a day and took green tea extract pills (2x daily). I had noticed the results within a week and I no longer had any breakouts - even around my period when they would get worse. I would definitely recommend this to anyone suffering from acne. Not only does it help prevent breakouts, but it also replenishes your body and rids it of any toxins or waste, along with a healthy diet of course. It also helps to boost metabolism and is great for burning fat. I drink one before and after I exercise to help boost my fat-burning potential!

by icbucket on 08/28/2014 07:20
congrats on your pregnancy :)
Great Results !
Reviewed on July 20, 2014

When i heard about the benefits of green tea for acne, I started drinking 2 cups of green tea (organic) daily with lemon and honey and I saw great results. I stopped having breakouts anymore and my acne has become better now. My acne scars has lighten up and now there are very few pimples left. I'll continue to drink it and hope my acne gets totally cured soon. You will not see the results immediately it will take some weeks, so be patient ! :) Best of luck :D

Go grab a cup right now
Reviewed on July 17, 2014

It's simply awesome. Not gonna lie, it took me a while to be able to enjoy it, especially on it's own, but now it's simply part of my every day routine and I let it infuse for a good 30 minutes, covered with a plate, twice a day. I have been doing so for 2 years, and my skin has never been clearer. Now, when it comes to green tea, go ahead and treat yourself, try to grab Japanese Sencha tea, add honey if you must. Even if it doesn't seem to help with your skin, it has way too many other benefits to enjoy !

Green tea
Reviewed on June 7, 2014

So theres so much to green tea that one can benefit from and personally I love sipping my green tea iced or hot. Ive been drinking green tea for years now and I love it. Although I do breakout and I dont have the perfect skin, I cant really say if green tea hasnt helped my skin because there might be other stuffs like food or hormones causing me to breakout. Everything aside, I love my green tea(Yogi green tea, Lipton)

Seriously good!
Reviewed on May 24, 2014

I'm a 19 year old girl who suffers from bad skin- it has got a lot better into my late teens but around my cheeks are always bad... until now! I stole a green tea tea bag from one of my flat mates and haven't looked back since! not only are my spots less red, there's less of them and my pores are looking healthier too. I vary between drinking 3-5 cups a day (I really like the taste too) but as well as drinking I always remove all make-up and then rub the tea bag, when its cooled slightly, over my face twice daily and that seems to help too. I don't just stick to plain green tea either, I've heard about the benefits of lemon juice for skin and so I also have green tea with lemon, which tastes awesome too. Hope this helps and that you get the same results I've had from drinking green tea!

(By the way, it has worked very quickly for me- all these results have been in under a week- and it's the middle of exams and so the stress can't have been helping- so green tea is doubly good!)

Amazing
Reviewed on May 16, 2014

When i started to drink this, my skin started to have less pimples (i drink 1 cup per day), i put it in my face every day, it helps with the redness and the pimples.

Green tea helped enormously
Reviewed on March 26, 2014

It works: 6 cups a day. Freshly brewed. Decaf after 3pm or I don't sleep well.

I got about 50% reduction of new lesions within 1-2 weeks (so, it works quickly!).

After 6 weeks, it was 80% reduction of new lesions.

I combined this with a topical vitamin C Powder (brand is Philosophy from Sephora) for almost 100% reduction of new lesions.

Its all about the antioxidants (which surprised me because my diet really is impeccable).

I have tried these all without success

mega dose of B5

Blue LED light

BP gel

sulfur cream

I'm 31 year old female, been suffering for years after I went off the pill.

by smiles23 on 03/27/2014 18:36
Hi do you drink 8 cups of water on top of all the green tea or do you substitute daily water with the 6 cups? Thanks! ps- I tried the blue light as well with zero improvement… if anything I found I broke out with more whiteheads because of it!
by simonjack on 04/09/2014 12:27
yes green tea is the best to drink specially when you using the right brand: resource: [link removed]
was great but now it's over
Reviewed on October 11, 2012

Just fantastic. Since the first day it has worked and it's just amazing! I haven't had such great skin in YEARS. Finally my skin looks wonderful. I'm kind of unhappy about the fact that I've found this great solution that late - all that frustration with my acne for so many years... it would have never existed!

Actually I'm using it with Roa because I'm not sure whether I finally can go without Roa. But even with Roa I still had acne. In combination with green tea all problems have gone!

__

Edit: I needed to drink too much green tea to have good effects, green tea pills didn't work. Unfortunately I forgot which brand I drank. All the brands I used later on didn't taste good or didn't work. Result: Bad skin again. :/ Now I'm trying Dutasterid and later maybe Sprionolactone (see my other review).