Epsom Salt reviews

4.6/5 - 40 reviews

Amazing Results!!
Reviewed on April 15, 2015

Ive been using epsom salt for just a few days, combinationed with castor oil, and I have found amazing results in just a few days. I dont have severe acne, but haave always had blackheads on my nose and small pimples on my T-zone. I started washing my face with soap and epsom salt just a few days ago, and moisturizing with castor oil, and I have seen a noticable difference. I have no acne, and my fine lines have disappeared considerably! At night, I start by washing my face, and rewash it with the epsom salt, washing for about 2minutes. After rinsing my face I apply castor oil. Not only is the castor oil a moisturizer, but it has antibacterial, and anti- inflamitory properties. It also encourage the production of collagen. When I wake up in the morning, I wash my face with the epsom salt andlight soap, rinse, and apply a light moisturizer. Amazing results!!

Works for me, everyone should give it a shot-got nothing to lose!
Reviewed on January 15, 2015

So basically epsom salt is my favorite spot treatment, I use it by mixing it with a bit of water and applying on the pimple, I try to leave it on as long as possible. Then when I wash it off I find my blemishes have either come to a head or are healing! I used to have awful hormonal/cystic acne, but this combined with diet, using coconut oil as a moisturizer, and washing twice a day has solved the problem that oral medication couldn't! I only get pimples now every few months during my female time. but, this stuff definitely helps speed up healing!

Works for me
Reviewed on January 5, 2015

I do not use directly on my face. I soak in the bath for really as long as I can stand. I'm not sure if my acne is related to toxins in my body but I definitely see a major improvement in my face!! It dries out any pimple on my face and is healed by the next day. Be sure to rinse all the sweat off in a shower after so you don't reabsorb anything.

by Newlife72 on 01/24/2015 22:17
acnegal, how long have you doing the epson salt bath before you noticed an imporvemnt in you acne?
by Newlife72 on 01/24/2015 22:24
by Newlife72 on 01/25/2015 04:16
why?
Reviewed on December 7, 2014

I have been using epsom salt for 3 WEEKS , and idk why but i don't feel any better on my face (it even getting worst).but yeah i still try to using it.hope it work soon :(

by emilyrose01 on 03/25/2015 02:52
I dont know if the epsom salt has worked for you or not yet but i asked my dermatologist about it and she said that it works and it will get worse before it gets better because the chemicals have to remove everything from ypur skin all the puss and oils and dirt will surface and thats why it apears that it not working. I know its been 3 1/5 months since youve posted this but i hope of your question hasnt been i answered yet i answered it for you.
I can't give an exact rating.. Until I know what is wrong!!
Reviewed on October 4, 2014

I have been trying epsom salt for a week and... I just don't feel any better on my face! I do it twice a day. Morning and night without fail. After a week, my face is pretty much the same, red spots here all over my cheeks, with a couple of extra white heads. I did notice that a very, very small part of my blackheads on my nose was gone but the main reason I'm doing this is to improve my face condition!

I tried googling but no avail, everyone seems to be able to have immediate results after using epsom salt and I feel like the only one here stuck with barely any improvement at all.

Could it be something which I did wrong? Or there are people out there who are not suitable to use epsom salt?

Please help! Very much appreciated!

by ilisbe on 10/06/2014 18:05
Maybe it's because of the face wash you are mixing it with... what face wash are you using?
by jkikit on 12/07/2014 01:01
Try using dr. bronners baby castile soap as a cleaser with a washcloth to exfoliate. Put nothing on your skin before bed. Same thing in the morning only use a mixture of 16oz of spring water with one teaspoon epsom salt as a toner. If your skin is really dry use 1-2 drops of jojoba oil on your face. The oil is more waxy than oily so it does not make your face look oily. Only put a drop or two into your hands and pat your face though! I hope this helps, it is the only thing that has helped me.
Finally!
Reviewed on September 28, 2014

I've had acne for yeeears. This isn't going to be a "epsom salt made all of my acne disappear forever" review, BUT this has definitely improved my skin a lot since I started using it. I've never had terrible acne but I get a lot of small zits (no huge ones) on my cheeks and forehead. I've been trying to find a natural, cheap regimen that would get rid of the small zits or at least prevent more acne from showing up. I have definitely cleared up quite a bit since using epsom salt and above all else, I have noticed that I break out much less often. I don't see many new small zits coming in at all, so maybe this stuff will clear up my skin completely eventually! It took at least 3 weeks to really kick in and for me to start noticing a difference - it wasn't helping at first and I was worried it was making things worse but now my skin is glowing and pretty great honestly... It's worth a shot for you. But stick with it for a few weeks before bailing. I'm really glad I did!

How I use it: Twice a day, I dissolve about a tablespoon into a cup of warm water (I just eyeball it). I brush my teeth while the salt is dissolving for a minute or two. I splash my face with warm water from the sink. Then, I pour just the water from the cup that the salt has dissolved into onto a cotton pad and rub it all over my face. Then, I get to the bottom of the cup where the salt is sitting, and pour some of the salt onto the cotton pad and lightly apply it on my cheeks, nose, and forehead. I leave it on for just a minute or two and then rinse off with water, and that's it! I have been moisturizing with Cetaphil's moisturizing lotion for years but am trying to find a natural moisturizer.

Good luck! :)

by snevets on 11/21/2014 06:59
olive oil works great
by snevets on 11/21/2014 07:21
olive oil works great
by jkikit on 12/07/2014 01:03
Jojoba oil is the best moisturizer for me. I have very oily skin. I only use one drop! If you do not have oily skin, Derma E is a good natural brand.
The Natural Balancer
Reviewed on May 13, 2014

I have had acne since I was 10 years old in 5th grade. I neglected my skin throughout my school years because my acne condition was mild to moderate. When I graduated and went on to college, my acne flared it big fat ugly head up like there was no tomorrow. I realized that I had to do something. I tried everything that promised to "treat" acne. I've tried doctor's prescriptions, salicylic acid products, benzoyl peroxide products, department store products, drugstore products and each time I end up with burning, unbearable skin. Drying up your skin is never the answer! You need to nourish it and protect it and promote it's health. It was like trying to lose weight by starvation.

Then one day, as I am soaking in a hot Epsom Salt bath after overworking my muscles, I decided to apply some to my face also to relax my whole being. I realized as I was washing and scrubbing the Epsom salt against my skin, it was not rough like regular salt, it melted and smoothed my skin. It had a slippery texture that just dissipate instead of agitating my skin. When I got out, I noticed that my skin felt tighter, firmer. There was slight irritation due to the excessive amount of Epsom salt on my skin earlier, but my skin DID NOT DRY out. I've ALWAYS had a little bit of dry flaky patch of skin around my smile lines, and it gets worse in winter time.

After this occurrence, I decided to mix Epsom Salt into my face wash. Laugh as you might but I use Bath and Body Works Body Wash as my face wash because I had to use it once on vacation after I'd forgotten to pack face wash and it worked wonderfully to remove dirt and dead skin without drying out my face. After a week of just washing my face twice a day with the Epsom salt mix, my skin cleared up. The small white heads and black heads that emerged during the first few days disappeared and I was left with clear, firm, tight skin, never DRY or oily skin. So my advice to you is to go to Wal-Mart and pick yourself up a bag of 6lbs of Epsom Salt for $5! Add it into whatever regimen you are comfortable with and see your skin magically balance itself out. What have you to lose? $5 bucks, and if it doesn't work for you, then you can mix it into your bath or into a household cleaner.

Epsom Salt is not to be confused as a sodium as the name might sound but rather 100% Magnesium Sulfate. Magnesium Sulfate is a combination of Magnesium, Sulfur, and Oxygen. I like to think of Epsom Salt as a purger and balancer. It purges your skin of impurities externally and purges you internally when consumed. It draws out all the waste and impurities from you. It soothes and relaxes your muscles with topical use. It does not strip your skin as other cleansers and it is dirt cheap.

WONDERFUL
Reviewed on May 2, 2014

I first want to say THANK YOU to all of you who wrote reviews about epsom salt! It works! My son has SUFFERED with moderate to severe acne since he was 12. He is now 16. NOTHING has worked until now. A combination of things have cleared him up. Nothing has worked alone. First, we use epsom salt at night. Works GREAT. Second, we used lemon juice in the winter to fade the red spots, awesome! Then we used GREAT products from Skinfit Austin. Finally what put it over the edge and completely cleared him up was going gluten free! It's not as hard as it used to be. There are plenty of substitutes now. Just keep your own GF bread or buns with you and you're good. Thank you all for your reviews!!!

Purge
Reviewed on April 22, 2014

I don't know what it is about Epsom Salts. But it always sends my body into a purge, making my skin look like a splotchy, red, broken out mess. It always clears up after a couple weeks, however. It's especially great for back acne. If you don't mind all of your infections being brought to the service at once, this is for you! Which is why I had to rate it not perfect because I cannot stand purges!

What it does to my skin is rush all the blood to any area that needs healing, including scars. If there is an infection/blocked pore, it will cause that area to swell up for a few days, then a whitehead will form. I highly, highly recommend you doing this over a long weekend or on vacation. It will make you feel disgusting as well because all of the toxins coming out of you. Make sure to drink a ton of water.

It will also make you sleep like a baby!

I am a believer!!!!
Reviewed on January 13, 2014

I am an almost 30 year old female who as a teenager did not suffer from acne at all - I actually had clear skin and would often get complimented on my clear complexion! About a year ago I started to get acne.....blackheads....whiteheads....big pimples....little pimples.... It seemed as though anything I did did not help at all....went on the contraceptive pill, bought hundreds of dollars on skin are products and nothing. I was starting to give up hope and was about to try a peroxide based cream (which I was extremely hesitant to do) when I came across a review for Epsom Salts. I thought to myself....what do I have to lose? There were so many positive reviews.... And it just seemed do simple and cheap! After a day, my skin was the clearest it has been in over a year. I could not believe it. I have been using epsom salt morning and night for 3 days now and my blemishes are almost all gone. I had some scarring as well and that is fading each day. I cannot believe it! it amazes me at how simple, cheap and easy it is. All I do is wash my face with cleanser, dissolve about a tablespoon of epsom salt into a cup of warm water and wipe on my face. I let it sit for about 10 mins then wash it off with water and apply moisturiser. THATS IT. I honestly cannot speak highly enough of Epsom salts and the impact it's had on my skin. I only wish I had taken before and after photos. If you suffer from acne....you've got to try Epsom Salts!!!!!!