Epsom Salt reviews

4.6/5 - 54 reviews

It's like magic
Reviewed on November 30, 2016

I'm 41 years old and never had bad acne except during my pregnancy (hormonal). About a year ago I started to have regular breakouts that would leave dark spots in my face. The pimples were cystlike never really coming to a head and lingering for weeks regardless of what I did in my attempts to get rid of them.

Three months ago our city experienced a historic flood. My husband and I were trapped for 12 hours before being rescued. The severity of my acne has been horrific since then, waking up to multiple new pimples daily. The flood water was disgusting and toxic. I assumed the acne was resulting from my medication, hormones, stress and possible exposure to floodwater. I read that a lot of people experience bad skin reactions from the drug adderall, which I have been taking for a year. I've even had facials with blackhead extractions. When running my fingers across my skin I could feel fine bumps under my skin. These were clogged pores just waiting to turn into the monstrous painful cyst that I've been experiencing. I thought about getting off of my medicine until I found this forum. Since trying the epsom salt my acne has cleared up within 48 hours tremendously! All of my cystlike pimples are almost nonexistent! No new breakouts and the dark spots are already much lighter. I'm praying that the results don't change and I've found a simple cure for my breakouts without having to take another drug or discontinue the use of my current ones.

Having acne sucks! I love to wear makeup but when there are lumps and bumps under your skin it feels pointless. It's embarrassing since I've always been complimented on how pretty my skin is. I wear makeup to compliment not cover. I've never had to wear makeup to hide my skin. Epsom salt has been magic for my acne.

Twice a day I take a a tablespoon full and put in the palm of my hand mixing with a few drops of warm water. The. I massage it into my face and neck, leaving it on for a 10 min. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Sometimes it stings a bit but it does not dry my skin out. Today I'm going to wear makeup and see how that goes. I'm so excited.

BEST ACNE MEDICATION - SERIOUSLY
Reviewed on September 13, 2016

I've had acne all my life, however over the years it has changed drastically. In high school I had very mild acne, mostly blocked pores. When I went into my freshman year of college, I started breaking out dramatically where I started wearing foundation just to hide the marks. I tried everything the dermatologist gave me, aczone, sulfur washes, proactiv, x out. I was using exposed skincare for a while and my acne got slightly better during that treatment, but not fully. At that point I was getting cystic acne, it was painful, large and hormonal (mostly around my mouth and chin). After I graduated I saw the dermo again and he prescribed oracea (doxycyclen 40mg) which did WONDERS for my skin. It was so clear for the first time in a very long time. After about a year it stopped working and my cystic acne came back with a vengeance. I looked all over the web trying to find acne cures, finally went to my dermo and got epiduo which I havent seen much of a progress with. I needed a quick fix so I found the reviews for epsom salt and decided to try it. After 1 week of using it, my skin is looking AMAZING! Ive never seen such fast results with a topical treatment. All my cysts have dried up and come to white heads (but not huge white heads like the ones I was getting). All I do is mix the epsom salt with warm water, plop it on my face and let it sit over night. It's been such a miracle. I suggest you all try it before taking any prescriptions from the dermo, half their sh*t doesnt even work. ENJOY!

IT WORKS!
Reviewed on July 18, 2016

I've had acne since I was 12 and I am now 23. It all started when I started wearing makeup and didn't wash my face. I first started using over the counter products and eventually switched to DIY all natural cleansing products(oil cleansing, honey, apple cider etc.). Although the all natural worked a bit, I still wanted something that would kill a cyst immediately so upon reading a blog about muscle aches, I found out about Epsom salts. I mixed it with water so it would dissolve and not too abrasive for my face. The huge pimple on my cheek reduced its size the next day! My Korean skin care products also helped in keeping my face clean and moisturized but the Epsom salt is definitely the acne killer for me. I rarely get pimples now! Try it and ensure to get the magnesium sulfate not the one with fragrance!

First thing to work for horrible breakout
Reviewed on June 17, 2016

Background: I'm twenty years old and I've never had a problem with acne leading up to this. I would get the occasional spot, with one nagging cluster on my forehead because I rub there when I'm stressed. Then I had a massive cystic acne breakout.

In January 2016 I started a new medication, which worked great except for it started to cause acne. I'd never had a cyst before, and four months later this was all over my cheeks and chin, overlapping each other and bright red. It hurt if my faced touched anything. I've never worn make up before, but had to start in order to feel ok leaving the house.

When my doctor saw me in March we switched to a similar medication that didn't cause acne, and he prescribed minocycline. Minocycline did nothing by mid-April, so I started doing my own research. I found out that Epsom salt is really helpful for some, and gave it a shot.

It worked like magic and drew up and drained almost all my cysts. I mixed it with warm water to dissolve it and put it on with a cotton ball and swab only where I needed it in the morning, and just keep reapplying 3x during the day, reapply once before bed. Almost all the cysts came to a head and the pus and infection made it to the surface and came out on its own, no popping, it was disgusting but amazing. A lot of my cysts healed, all of them greatly reduced in size and went flat after the pus came out. This helped me feel ok to leave the house again.

I did have to be put on doxycycline to really kill the underlying infection and Adapalene to get the stubborn cysts to truly heal, but doing this spread up the process so much I would highly recommend it.

Amazing
Reviewed on December 8, 2015

I have been so excited the last couple days about epsom salt! I had a baby 3 months ago and immediately right after she was born, I started breaking out. Worse than I have my whole life. I am 30 years old and have had acne since I was 10. I got on Accutane when I was 17 and it cleared it up but like a year after getting off it, I started getting acne again. But not bad, just here and there. I have had 3 kids now but never broke out with my first 2, just during pregnancy and most of it went away after they were born. But the acne I have had lately has been terrible. I got on the birth control pill loestrin fe because my doctor said it would calm my hormones down but it hasn't seemed to help. I have tried Panoxyl and it has helped a little but my skin still felt irritated and hurt. I have acne all around my jawline and around my ear area and some under my jaw, nowhere else, but cyst-like acne that really hurts and wont go away. I tried D.r. Teal's Epsom salt, the ginger clay one 3 days ago and it's all drying out. My skin doesn't even feel the same! I put some in my hand and a couple drops of water and pat it on the area and the cysts shrinked so quickly, like within hours. I could feel my face tingling even after I washed the Epsom salt off. I bet my face will be clear very soon. It has worked faster and more effectively than any acne cream or wash I have ever used. It is AMAZING. I think the whole world should know about this stuff.

After 26 years .... Clear!
Reviewed on November 25, 2015

My acne started when I turned 11. I am now 38. Nothing has helped for me too have clear beautiful skin like both my sisters. A year ago I began applying a palmful of Epsom salts mixed with a few drops of water, enough to just wet it, directly to my affected areas and then leaving it to dry, about ten minutes. Rinse it off and go on with my day. Then repeat before bed. At first I broke out horribly. However I decided it was just the salts purging my skin and continued to do this fingers crossed. After the initial purge, about one week, I noticed I wasn't getting any new cysts or whiteheads. Then I began to notice that my blocked comedones were disappearing. My skin had never been so clear. So I decided to start an all natural routine. I now wash with the Epsom salts the same way however after washing I now spray on a mixture of 1/3 Organic ACV with 2/3 Distilled water and 10-12 drops Organic Tea Tree oil. Then apply jojoba oil all over for moisture and on the odd much much smaller little pimple I may get during my menstrual period I just put a drop of tea tree oil on it directly. And it seems to disappear over night. Once weekly I mix up a mask of Benzonite Clay with ACV, Lemon juice, and tea tree oil which I leave on my face for an hour and rinse off and continue with the rest of my routine. I know have beautiful acne free skin!

Know begins my battle with scars, large pores and pitted skin. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

by Patricia1980 on 03/08/2016 21:03
Hola.....quisiera saber si le ha resultado el uso de las sales de Epsom. Y si no le han vuelto a salir .... ahora lo está mi hija porque también tiene y muchos brotes cuanto tiempo debe usarlo
by MAGA on 06/26/2016 18:13
For scars, large pores and putted skin...look into dermaroller. Use a 1mm roller and don't forget the numbing gel. Look up before and afters!
Mixed Feelings
Reviewed on September 9, 2015

I began using epsom salt after reading everyone's great reviews. I had initially tried it because I had two cystic mountains on my face that I get every now and then, but usually it takes a good week or longer to get rid of both the size and the pain from them using just benzyl peroxide and tea tree oil alone. I had amazing results at first using a spot treatment method. I would apply the epsom salt and water mixture on the spots and by the next day the mountain was literally smaller and had a head to it (which usually takes at least a week for them to surface). The epsom salt spot treatment worked so well on the large areas that I thought I would try this as a mask on the rest of my face... but using it this way caused me to break out more than usual. I have heard that this can cause your skin to purge, and apparently that is true. The reason I gave this 3 stars is because it actually does work, but for me I would only use it on the large, hard to get rid of type of acne, instead of trying to battle the purge lol I just can't handle having to deal with more than I had to before.

It's worth a try
Reviewed on August 24, 2015

Epsom salt mixed with a little water really does work! I use about 2 tbsp of water and mix in 2 tbsp of epsom salt, then stir until dissolved. I will wake up and my acne spot will be noticeably smaller, if not gone. I have hormonal issues so I will get pretty large acne spots every few days but I just put my mixture of epsom salt on each spot everyday and the spot that was treated will disappear within 3 days when it would usually take a week or more to go away. I only rate this product a 4 because I have noticed that if I use the mixture as a mask rather than a spot treatment that I actually break out more. I attribute this to the epsom salt pulling impurities from deep within my pores and allowing them to surface, while this is actually a good thing and will eventually result in clear skin, I just can't handle getting 5 or more pimples than usual everyday. In the words of Kimberly Wilkins "Ain't nobody got time for that."

Acne
Reviewed on August 21, 2015

I started using it as a kind of a mask while waiting for my regimen in the mail and it really decreased the redness and shrinked it.

It works, but results are slow
Reviewed on August 14, 2015

Definitely does shrink pimples and cysts, but it will take a looooong time for the pimple (especially a cyst) to actually completely go away. It will reduce it a little at a time, so I would recommend mixing a tablespoon of Epsom salt into warm water and applying it onto the cyst with a Q-tip, and it will take about a week and a half to fully go away.

I would like to stress: DONT FREAK OUT ABOUT A ZIT, no matter how big it is. It will go away eventually and it is not the end of the world. I get bad anxiety from acne, so I understand the emotional affects it has, but just use this home remedy and wait about two weeks, it will go away and you will be okay. :)