Epsom Salt reviews

no reviews
no reviews

I am a believer!!!!
Reviewed on January 13, 2014

I am an almost 30 year old female who as a teenager did not suffer from acne at all - I actually had clear skin and would often get complimented on my clear complexion! About a year ago I started to get acne.....blackheads....whiteheads....big pimples....little pimples.... It seemed as though anything I did did not help at all....went on the contraceptive pill, bought hundreds of dollars on skin are products and nothing. I was starting to give up hope and was about to try a peroxide based cream (which I was extremely hesitant to do) when I came across a review for Epsom Salts. I thought to myself....what do I have to lose? There were so many positive reviews.... And it just seemed do simple and cheap! After a day, my skin was the clearest it has been in over a year. I could not believe it. I have been using epsom salt morning and night for 3 days now and my blemishes are almost all gone. I had some scarring as well and that is fading each day. I cannot believe it! it amazes me at how simple, cheap and easy it is. All I do is wash my face with cleanser, dissolve about a tablespoon of epsom salt into a cup of warm water and wipe on my face. I let it sit for about 10 mins then wash it off with water and apply moisturiser. THATS IT. I honestly cannot speak highly enough of Epsom salts and the impact it's had on my skin. I only wish I had taken before and after photos. If you suffer from acne....you've got to try Epsom Salts!!!!!!

Relief!!
Reviewed on January 10, 2014

I typically have extremely clear skin. Growing up I had acne here and there because of puberty/not taking care of my skin. Up until a year ago I was able to confidently say that I never broke out.. Unless I didn't take off all my makeup the night before. Even then, it was small and nothing a little concealer couldn't fix. A year ago I started breaking out, everywhere. I was extremely stressed out.. Mentally/physically (insomnia). I went on birth control to calm down my hormones and everything went away. When I went off my BC I'd only break out here and there. About two months ago I started breaking out badly. Very badly. Almost the way I did when my hormones were messed up because of stress. I honestly thought nothing would fix it. I was about to go on BC again until I found this site via looking up Epsom salts. This stuff is a god send. Very amazing. It's been five days.. First got a little worse now it's just getting SO much better every time I wash. I started by washing with dove then putting ES water mixture.. Past couple of days I've been sleeping with ES dried on my face. Wake up with significantly smaller blemishes. Sometimes they're a little irritated when I first wash but redness goes away. Love this stuff!! Please try it before taking oral medication!!!

A quick fix that actually fixes
Reviewed on December 24, 2013

About epsom salts: I was nursing a mega breakout right before Christmas due to eating party food and drinking Margaritas. It's the holidays, so it's hard to stay on a gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar free diet with so much delicious stuff all over the place to eat!

Anyway, I was totally bummed that I would be stuck with these four huge zits for the entirety of the holidays... these were deep and the kind that hurt, so I was certain they'd last a week. In desperation, I soaked my entire body in epsom salt like I normally do, but also put a hot washcloth soaked in the stuff on my face, refreshing it with more whenever it cooled. I probably stayed in the tub doing this for 30 minutes, and my zits were SIGNIFICANTLY reduced in size, swelling, and redness. Thrilled, I covered them overnight with a retinol (Philosophy - Help Me) and a paste made from epsom salts and the next evening in the shower they PEELED OFF and were GONE. The spots where they were are still a bit pink, but they are GONE GONE GONE and my face does not hurt anymore.

On diet: I should note that I COMPLETELY stopped eating sugar, dairy, and drinking alcohol except red wine after I broke out, so I would not get any new zits. I think diet is the #1 way to prevent acne from occurring, and if you're breaking out like there's no tomorrow you should get rid of dairy, empty carbs, sugar, and grain alcohol from your diet. I also recommend omitting gluten and grains for a trial period to see if you have any sensitivities to that, as well. I can eat small amounts of grains, but more makes me break out as I am VERY carb sensitive. It's best for me to just pretend that I can't eat grains at all, even though it's a sensitivity to insulin spikes rather than an allergy to a specific thing that causes breakouts for me. I can't stress enough that cow's milk needs to be gone from your diet, either. That stuff is like a breakout in a jug for me, and I'm surely not the only one.

Conclusion: epsom salts are AMAZING for dealing with a breakout you already have, but if you are having breakouts that you can't control, you should look at cutting excess carbs and dairy from your diet.

Amazing for cystic acne!!! Must Try!!
Reviewed on November 10, 2013

I'm 30 year old male. I had to start taking testosterone about a year ago because my levels were low. Over the past year I've developed pretty bad cystic acne. Not the painful kind but large cysts that never went away. I've started using Epsom Salt as a spot treatment. Wetting my finger and rubbing the salt directly on the salts. If I can stay home I leave it on mostly all day, or at least 3-5 hours if I can. WORKS WONDERS!!!. It either brings the cyst to a head or reduces it. I also wash my face with water and Epsom salt at night and in the morning. Sometimes I rinse it off, sometimes I don't. Unfortunately, it is a case of it gets worse before it gets better because it clears everything out of your pores but I say STICK IT OUT. IT WILL REALLY CLEAR UP YOUR SKIN. And really use it as a spot treatment for cystic acne. I've tried everything this is the only thing that works. TRY IT!!!

LIFE SAVER.
Reviewed on November 8, 2013

In September I started randomly breaking out like there was no tomorrow, and in places I've never had it before.. Like my chin, cheeks, jaw line. It was AWFUL. Before September my skin was clear enough to be on the front cover of a magazine! So the search began to clear up the mess... I tried EVERYTHING!!!! From home remedies and over the counter washes..to vitamins, you name it I tried it.. Nothing would work!!! I was at CVS every four days for two months buying a new face wash in the hopes to find something that'd work.. I even singed up for tanning I got so desperate. I came across benzoyl peroxide 10% which worked great at first but after a few days my face was so dry I looked like a 90 year old lady and it had stopped working. None the less I looked up the ingredients in BP and it had five pore clogging ingredients.. Figures.. So my boyfriend sat me down and told me to find something natural without 1000 chemical ingredients in it.. He told me to try Epsom salt.. I kind of laughed when he told me but he's usually right about a lot of things so it gave it a try.. At first it got worse and I wanted to stop but he told me it brings out all the acne under the skin at first and then clears it all up.... Boy was he RIGHT!!! After four days my skin if finally itself again... Two months of trying every damn face wash known to man Epsom salt worked!!!!!! I am so beyond happy and I want to tell the world!! And my skin isn't an oily mess anymore, thank god for Epsom salt!!!

So far, so good!
Reviewed on August 20, 2013

I'm only giving this 4 stars because I don't want to jinx it! I never had awful acne-ridden skin, just a few breakouts here and there, until I went back to university after Christmas break. My cheeks and temples were completely covered in red bumps. Covered. I tried Proactive, but it did nothing for me. Went to the doctor and was prescribed an antibiotic that didn't work. I tried Spectro and Differin and countless other things, but nothing worked. It was the most embarrassing thing ever. I would like my boyfriend to be able to see me without tons of makeup on, so I'm trying everything. I've been using Epsom salts for about a week now, and I can already see how well it's working! I had 2 large pimples on my cheek 3 days ago, and they cleared up the next day!! It also seems to be lightening my scars, and I have a ton. I mix a little bit of the salt with my cleanser every morning, which kinda makes a scrub and makes my skin feel super baby soft. At night I mix some salt with warm water, let the salt dissolve and then use a makeup remover cotton pad to wipe the mixture all over my face and leave it on till the morning. This has been working for me really well so far, and I hope to God that it continues! If you've tried everything and nothing seems to work for your acne, give Epsom salts a shot. It's so cheap and it works. Good luck!

Epsom Salts
Reviewed on August 16, 2013

After years of trying everything you can imagine for my mild/moderate acne, I came across an online site that promoted Epsom Salts for acne. I decided to give it a try, its not like I had anything to lose at this point. I have been using Epsom Salts for my acne for about 3 days now and I can already see the difference. I have oily skin so I can tell immediately. The acne that i had under the skin have now come to a head in about a day. What I do is put about a handful of epsom salts in a tupperware container and add just a little bit of water and put it on my face as best as i can.

Works, but no magic cure
Reviewed on June 22, 2013

I noticed that my skin cleared up dramatically when I went to the Salar de Uyuni (Salt desert) in Bolivia and, to some extent, improved every time I went to the seaside. I figured it must be the sun and/or the sea salt. Having read reviews here, I recently started using Epsom Salts on my face (I mix 2 parts water :1 part salt while also adding some crystals to wet skin, and rinse it off after an hour or so). It does work, but I need to moisturise my skin with sweet almond oil, vitamin E oil and/or rosehip oil afterwards. I used tea tree oil in the past, which has worked, and wearing sun screen every single day is key to not make acne and hyperpigmentation worse. Epsom Salts don't do anything for my scars and hyperpigmentation, or at least it haven't so far. They do work, though. I got lazy over the past two weeks and my acne has come back. In a nutshell, Epsom Salts are not THE magic cure. I still need to watch my diet - strictly no meat, no dairy, very little or no sugar, as little processed food as possible. Zinc supplements have helped me. Overall, I feel the change in diet has made the biggest improvement of all.

Reviewed on May 5, 2013

For me, epsom salts are a straight up miracle for acne. I have struggled with acne since I was 8 years old, and I am now 17. That's almost 10 years and I'm not even an adult yet! I've been on Accutane, Duad, Bactrim, Proactive, clearasil, Murad, and probably 50+ other topical treatments/antibiotics that did not work. I've had terrible cystic acne, and my face has caused me distress, embarrassment, and severe self-esteem issues. Although in the last couple of years my acne has calmed down a little bit, it's still been very present, and I am so done dealing with it. SO I decided to finally go with my intuition, instead of the mindless prescription writing of dermatologists, which evidently got me nowhere. I noticed that every time I went to the ocean, my skin would clear up immediately, so I decided to research if seawater helped clear up acne. I stumbled across many articles which hinted to "yes"! The articles also said that epsom salt was a perfectly good substitution, and thus the journey began. I simply pour some epsom salt in a dish, followed by warm water, then I dip a cotton swab in, gently swipe it across my face, and WALA that's it. If it's nighttime I let the salt soak into my skin, and if it's day time I gently rinse it off. That's literally all that I do, and after 2 weeks my acne is almost nonexistent, and my scars are fading. Magic!

Reviewed on April 27, 2013

I had moderate acne, tried epsom salt. I figure its the salt, possibly also my face routine, but it really does help a lot. I use skintactix facewash, dry my face then use a slice of lemon to wet my face, use epsom salt and kind of scrub it into my face, use some water if its too rough, then leave the crystals on my face for 15-20 minutes, rinse it off, use organic coconut oil as the moisturizer, tiny bit or else its too oily, then use skintactix toner and green tea poultice. i only do this routine once a day and wash my face normally the other time. It has gotten rid of all my acne, i give credit to the epsom salt/lemon mixture because i did the rest of the routine before and it doesn't really change anything drastically. The whole "gets worse before it gets better" saying applies here too but unlike say proactive which made me break out for some weeks before I quit it (never got the chance to see if it works eventually), this made me break out for 2 days then it cleared up. so glad I tried it.