Aspirin Mask reviews

4.3/5 - 453 reviews

Amazing
Reviewed on June 4, 2014

I used Alka seltzer all I had at the desperate hour , It has aspirin in it along with other things like citric acid ,paracetamol , sodium some natural lemon according to the back of the box and caffeine in this particular one.

I used 3 or 4 as added too much water for 2 but turned into a paste and quickly put it on my face whilst it was still bubbling away.

Tingled but in a good way didn't sting or burn ( I kept away from eye area and under nose)

Couldn't believe within the space of 5 mins the two under-the skin cyst type ones on my chin had practically shrunk by half and started to reduce in redness. I rinsed off with cold water and my skin felt the softest it has ever felt , so much red had been taken away and quite a few of my black heads had come to surface on my chin and nose ( the kind that have been there for years and never really go away) there's still tons but it defiantly brought a few to surface.

My skin didn't feel dry after but I did it again and felt a little dry but no more than washing face with general cleansing wash would.

This all happened tonight to I'm going to do it for a few nights and see if it improves over as so far results seem great.

I'm not sure if the fact I used alka seltzer made a difference rather than using straight aspirin but I would recommend trying!

Its the best exfoliate and best home remedy for my mild-moderate acne with oily sensitive skin!

An aspirin mask is the closest thing to a professional chemical peel
Reviewed on March 4, 2014

As chemical peels go, salycilic acid peels are some of the most common. & guess what.. salycilic acid is a major component of aspirin! I've applied 3 peels over the course of a month. I've almost completely removed all of my acne scars from middle school. A few days after the first peel I was skeptical because my skin was dry, red, and peeling, but after a week it's worth it. Be careful around eyes and sensitive skin because an aspirin mask is similar to chemical peels applied in a dermatologists office. Remember it will get worse for a few days before it gets better, but its worth it!

no real results..
Reviewed on December 29, 2013

I read in some beauty magazine try make an Aspirin and water paste, use as a spot treatment.. I was convinced of the logic of the salycic acid in it, it should work.. after about a year of applying on spots, I saw no results and actually more clogging and inflammation.. However, I have found I am one of those skin types chemicals an salycic acids cause almost like an allergic acne to occur.. best results with baking soda spot treatment

Great Mask
Reviewed on July 29, 2013

May not work for everyone, but it worked for me.

I keep my acne (mostly comedonal) under control with Effaclar Duo and a consistent skincare regime, but i still have persistent bumps on my jaw line, hyperpigmentation from old spots and uneven skintone. I have blackheads (lots of them) on my nose, cheeks and forehead.

I came across this aspirin mask with Michelle Phan's video a few years ago, and i tried it. Didn't saw significant improvements, but at that time i wasn't consistent with it.

I tried again a few weeks ago, and i'm pleased. It really helps with inflammation, pigmentation and helps even out the skintone. I also notice a difference in my comedonal acne, The bumps are less and blackheads seems to be decreasing. I must say that along with once a week mask, i also started the aspirin tone, and OMG it has done wonders! Even my hyperpigmentation is improving significantly!

I use 2 aspirins (500mg), a few drops of water to break the aspirins and honey to keep it all together and give extra benefits for the skin.

Reviewed on February 4, 2013

For light to moderate acne sufferers who want some healthy looking skin. Use in conjunction with lemon juice as a toner, or apple cider vinegar applied topically.

Reviewed on January 18, 2013

I put the mix on my face and it was very watery, I put a little too much water. But putting honey in it does WONDERS for your skin. It feels fresh and tight and you can see a difference in one use

Reviewed on January 17, 2013

Mix a little bit of local honey into the paste. Honey is a natural emollient and anti-microbial which has been used for centuries to calm problemed skin. [Asprin for the dollar store,honey in the cabinet & warm water for free]

Reviewed on January 14, 2013

This is the only product, prescription or otherwise that has cleared my sons acne and has improved his skin dramatically

Reviewed on January 14, 2013

Reviewed on January 4, 2013

It didn't really work for me. I've heard of other people who swear by it. It doesn't hurt to try. Lemon juice treatment had been clearing up my skin so I'll stick with that.