Aspirin Mask reviews

4.3/5 - 491 reviews

Great for cystic acne
Reviewed on July 4, 2017

I have really bad cystic acne on my back from hormones, sweat, and probably other factors. If I get a cyst, I will crush up a bit of aspirin, mix a drop or two of water with it, and pile a bunch on top of my cysts for spot treatment. I usually leave it on for about 20-30 minutes, and the cysts seem to be less swollen and less painful after washing it off. It's no miracle cure, but great for painful cysts.

Great spot treatment for those pesky, painful, persistent pimples
Reviewed on June 23, 2017

I LOVE ASPIRIN FOR ACNE. I first came across aspirin masks in high school from an old school Michelle Phan video: [link edited out] I used them about 1-3 times a week and noticed they were having an immediate effect, with my overall complexion improving within 1-2 weeks and with the larger, cystic pimples shrinking pretty much right away. This makes sense considering the masks are a combination of salicylic acid, exfoliation, and if you add honey, moisturizer (all important soldiers in the war against acne). The masks did not, however, completely cure my acne, and after a while seemed to lose its initial magical effect. I think this is because not only was my skin getting somewhat used to/resistant to the salicylic acid, the mask was still very drying for my dehydrated skin, and the harsh grains of the aspirin were too strong of an exfoliant for my sensitive skin on top of that. However, this is still an amazing spot treatment for painful, pus-filled cystic acne that can last up to a month and cause dark marks for weeks after. Not only does it immediately calm the pain and dry up any oozing, it also reduced the size and redness and helps them heal a lot faster. Since I'm going for the full drying effect for these types of pimples, I'll usually skip the honey and just crush one aspirin with a droplet or two of water to make a paste, rub them on and around the pimple, and leave it there until dried (about 5 minutes). Then I'll wash it off, ICE that sh*t to calm the swelling even more, pat dry with a clean towel, and put on a thin layer of benzoyl peroxide. Sometimes I'll even pop an ibuprofen if it's an especially painful one, or put on a Nexcare Acne patch if it's an especially oozy one. Thank you, Aspirin.

Clears redness, very drying.
Reviewed on April 7, 2017

I like to take two un-coated aspirins and let them sit in some water until I can mix it into a paste. I apply that to problem areas and leave it on for about 5-10 minutes then gently rinse off with lukewarm water. Redness is instantly reduced, but skin is severely dry. Applying an oil based moisturizer is a must after this. I use Nivea Soft with one drop of 100% tea tree oil. Works great!

Can be useful.
Reviewed on November 18, 2016

Oh, aspirin. This used to be the only thing that kept my skin clear. I would dissolve 5 or 6 uncoated tablets with enough water to make a thick paste and mix it with honey and leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes. Probably better for those who are dealing with redness/clogged pores and a few break outs here and there. Unfortunately for me, now that I'm 23, my skin has been doing some weird stuff and this no longer helps with my breakouts, which tend to be deep, under the skin cysts. It's worth a try. See how it works for you. :)

by OhGreat-78 on 05/02/2017 20:52
For these deep cyst like acne lesions use peppermint oil.
It was okay
Reviewed on September 26, 2016

It made my skin brighter, but my acne was still there and my face felt dry and itchy.

Ehh
Reviewed on September 13, 2016

Worked for a little bit, then stopped working long time. Sometimes if you put it on as a spot treatment over night it will shrink the pimple by morning.

Aspirin works well, just give it some time.
Reviewed on September 9, 2016

I often refrain from reviewing things online mostly due to my own dis belief about the efficacy of the product.

I read a lot about aspirin mask on the Internet, watched a couple of reviews on YouTube and finally made up my mind to try it.

Although i have quite mild acne vulgaris, I usually end up getting different types of acne - cysts, smaller ones and those that occur beneth the skin. I had moderate results from using benzoyl peroxide and accutane. I have tried aspirin on all types of acne and can confirm that it works well to reduce inflammation, redness on each types of it. If you suffer highly cystic acne then I suggest you have some patience and apply the mask or do a spot treatment atleast 3 times a week until it clears off. If you have sensitive skin then make sure you use an oil free cream after rinsing off the mask.

Aspirin mask also helped with my acne scars a bit, they look 40% less visible than what they were before.

If you're thinking whether or not to try it, I say give it a shot. Good luck people.

by Kostas_vo on 10/13/2016 16:09
Uhm. HI so I am about to use the aspirin mask and I just wonna know how many times you do it to see results, how much time do you keep the mask on your skin and how visible the results on red spots is
.....
Reviewed on August 12, 2016

Honestly I tried it once, and it did nothing. I am not sure if you have to do it everyday, but I read somewhere that if you do it for a day, you should see the effects by the next day, which is probably not true, but still .Idk! Give it a try!

by kimberl1230 on 09/05/2016 22:32
what are you even supoosed to do with it
awesomeeee... fastest method... everyone must try
Reviewed on July 22, 2016

I have been applying aspirin mask just from last 5 days... and not even a single popup is there.... i have never reviewed anything on internet... but when anything helps you this way... its a sin not to appreciate it...

Go ahead frndz... mix 6-7 aspirin tablets (disprin in india..just rs5 for 10 tablets) with one tablespoon of water and apply the paste(some may call it a peel) on your face evenly..let it dry for 10 mins... then wash it off...

You can see the results even in 12 hours off application....

Thanks everyone....have a try..

by Vrutti on 08/29/2016 09:50
Actually I made the paste of almost 10 tablets and lot much paste is left so can we use it the nxt day or have to make it new its colour is smewat change frm white to light pink
GREAT
Reviewed on July 11, 2016

I have been using an aspirin mask for the past 5 days and the results are truly wonderful. I have tried every product under the sun for my oily/acne prone skin and this is far and away the very best investment , not only is it dirt cheap-it works! I think the reason the previous reviewers didn't like it was because they used it with vinegar,which I think is way too harsh to mix with aspirin. After a bit of experimentation I've found that yoghurt is the best base, (vinegar, too drying) aloe vera is ok, but yoghurt (has lactic acid) counterbalances the slight astringent effect of the aspirin and is nicely moisturising. More importantly it is hard to make a decent "mask" with water and vinegar, you need something gloopy that will stay on the skin, water based aspirin masks flake off rather messily. instead crush 5 or so tablets into a powder with the back of a spoon or dissolve them in a few drops of water, and then add a little natural yoghurt,(maximises the efficacy of the mask) massage on in circular movements (it feels grainy,like a scrub) and leave on for 15 mins . When you have rinsed it off you should have really soft & smooth,fresh-looking skin. It also calms redness & heals acne scars ,and overall balances tone.