Aspirin Mask reviews

4.3/5 - 481 reviews

Aspirin Mask

Really helps bring down inflammation
Reviewed on June 5, 2016

Aspirin masks have treated me so well! Have done this (crushed up a few aspirin and mixed with water to apply to face) for like 3 years now. It's not some kind of cure, but it takes down inflammation quick and quite effectively, so when I get a breakout and my face is red and irritated, I love doing this mask to calm my skin down. It is drying, so afterwords use your regular toner and moisturizer or whatever you typically would do.

home made mask
Reviewed on May 17, 2016

works pretty well as a toner/mask combo! Aspirin is actually a exfoliator when it is crushed up and used on the skin.and excellent for reducing whiteheads too.

great
Reviewed on May 16, 2016

This is great if you have breakouts and you are looking for a cheap and effective way to treat your skin. i use one pill mixed with a little water & abit of honey to keep it gentle enough for frequent use. Doesn't dry my skin out this way, and I'm not worried about overdoing it on the aspirin.

I love it for overnight spot treatment
Reviewed on May 10, 2016

This is honestly great for upcoming big breakouts, or pimples that may be really red or painful. My birthday was the other day and about 5 days before I felt a painful pimple on my cheek coming up. I used this mask on it before it came to a head, and everyday just on the pimple and within the 5 days it came, formed on my face, and left. The aspirin helped it to not be painful to the touch, and it also dried out the pimple and it was flat and pretty much completely gone by the time as my birthday came. I love this stuff. I usually just use one pill and like a couple of drops of water just so i can crush it into a slight paste for spot treatment overnight. Or if I feel like it I may mix about 7 aspirin with water or an oil and apply it as a full mask.

good to try
Reviewed on March 22, 2016

It works. I dissolve it in 2 drops of water and apply it on blemishes. It really helps inflammation and helps them heal. I really like it.

Great For Swelling
Reviewed on March 21, 2016

If you have cystic acne this is a great treatment as it helps to ease swollen or irritated skin. It also helps with other forms of acne, it just seems to do the most good with cystic acne. It's great if you're travelling and don't have access to other facial treatments as it's simple and easy to whip up. By the way if you don't have any aspirin I found that ibuprofen works too. For my aspirin mask I take 1-2 aspirin and dissolve them in some lemon juice then mix in a bit of tea trea oil. I apply it to my face with a cotton pad and then leave it for as long as possible (if I'm short for time 20 minutes will be sufficient). It isn't the strongest treatment in the world but it's effective enough and I like that it's all natural.

No problems here!
Reviewed on March 10, 2016

I have a terrible habit of popping pimples for too long. I just sit at my mirror and pick away at the smallest blemishes and then all of the sudden my whole face is red. This is obviously my fault lol. So at night, after my pimple fest is over, I only crush up one Aspirin with a few drops of water & do a spot treatment on my redness. After about 30 minutes, I rinse it off with hot water and then again with cold water. If anyone is expecting Kim Kardashian skin afterwards, you're a silly goose.

In conclusion: for me, the redness goes away completely, and my pimple is usually gone/tamed by morning.

good overnight spot treatment
Reviewed on February 27, 2016

an aspirin mask is actually a great overnight quick spot treatment when crushed and mixed with water. I recommend applying this paste directly onto the spot and leaving it overnight. an aspirin mask is good for spots as it actually contains a high amount of salicylic acid in its ingredients, this is great for unclogging the pores temporarily and getting rid of the spot. however do not rely on this as a cure to acne or an acne treatment as salicylic acid has to be used continuously over a course of time for best results because it only unclogs pores it does not get rid of bacteria/acne so once the salicylic acid is removed off the skin it leaves the pore open again to acne causing bacteria and infection.

I would only recommend this if you are trying to get rid of a spot for the next day or a big event. for a more long term treatment for spots and acne try using other methods.

try it
Reviewed on February 26, 2016

after reading good reviews about aspirin mask so i tried it and see good result. i used crush aspirin mix abit with water and gently applied to my face and let sit for about 15 mins then wash it off i use this it daily when I'm having bad breakouts and it works great for me. my skin feel soft and the redness is reduces.

Reviewed on January 28, 2016

I like to make an aspirin and clay mask. I dissolve 3-5 aspirin in water, then add bentonite clay and leave it on my face until it dries. My skin always looks pretty good the next day.