Aspirin Mask

Recommended by 86% of visitors

Average price: $2.88

Most helpful review

By Megan, Cape Town on 02/04/2013

For light to moderate acne sufferers who want some healthy looking skin. Use in conjunction with lemon juice as a toner, or apple cider vinegar applied topically..

Pros:
  • This worked amazingly well for me! I crushed 2 aspirin with half a banana and left it on my face for half an hour. It cleared some of my zits, reduced redness and swelling and left me with a beautiful glowy (not greasy) look that EVERYONE who knows me noticed.
Cons:
  • Doesn't clear acne per se, just deep cleanses and ''glowifies" (yes I totally made that word up).

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

“An aspirin mask is the closest thing to a professional chemical peel”
By on

As chemical peels go, salycilic acid peels are some of the most common. & guess what.. salycilic acid is a major component of aspirin! I've applied 3 peels over the course of a month. I've almost completely removed all of my acne scars from middle school. A few days after the first peel I was skeptical because my skin was dry, red, and peeling, but after a week it's worth it. Be careful around eyes and sensitive skin because an aspirin mask is similar to chemical peels applied in a dermatologists office. Remember it will get worse for a few days before it gets better, but its worth it!

Pros

• Significantly fades acne scars
  • Removed existing pimples completely
  • A cheaper alternative to expensive peels

Cons

• Takes a week to heal
  • Stings
  • for about a month
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“no real results..”
By on

I read in some beauty magazine try make an Aspirin and water paste, use as a spot treatment.. I was convinced of the logic of the salycic acid in it, it should work.. after about a year of applying on spots, I saw no results and actually more clogging and inflammation.. However, I have found I am one of those skin types chemicals an salycic acids cause almost like an allergic acne to occur.. best results with baking soda spot treatment

Pros

• inexpensive

Cons

• no results
  • inflammation
  • more acne surrounding application
  • $ 4
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

“Great Mask”
By on

May not work for everyone, but it worked for me.

I keep my acne (mostly comedonal) under control with Effaclar Duo and a consistent skincare regime, but i still have persistent bumps on my jaw line, hyperpigmentation from old spots and uneven skintone. I have blackheads (lots of them) on my nose, cheeks and forehead.

I came across this aspirin mask with Michelle Phan's video a few years ago, and i tried it. Didn't saw significant improvements, but at that time i wasn't consistent with it.

I tried again a few weeks ago, and i'm pleased. It really helps with inflammation, pigmentation and helps even out the skintone. I also notice a difference in my comedonal acne, The bumps are less and blackheads seems to be decreasing. I must say that along with once a week mask, i also started the aspirin tone, and OMG it has done wonders! Even my hyperpigmentation is improving significantly!

I use 2 aspirins (500mg), a few drops of water to break the aspirins and honey to keep it all together and give extra benefits for the skin.

Pros

• It works!
  • Some dermatologists say it's safe enough to use it on the face
  • It works for inflammation, pigmentation and comedonal acne

Cons

• May not work the same for everyone
  • May take some time to see improvements
  • Careful with overdose
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 6.24
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

• light
  • for about a week

By on

I put the mix on my face and it was very watery, I put a little too much water. But putting honey in it does WONDERS for your skin. It feels fresh and tight and you can see a difference in one use

Pros

• makes your face feel amazing
  • reduces swelling and a little redness

Cons

• doesn't really get rid of acne
  • moderate
  • for a day or two
  • $ 2
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Mix a little bit of local honey into the paste. Honey is a natural emollient and anti-microbial which has been used for centuries to calm problemed skin. [Asprin for the dollar store,honey in the cabinet & warm water for free]

Pros

• It seems that everybody has a different way of doing things. I was reading the instructions from Kip. It seems that everybody is using the asprins & water to make a paste BUT forgets to add the HONEY. I'm 46 and still have acne belimishes or dark marks had them since I was 13 and is willling to try anything to make them go away forever.

Cons

• If you FOLLOW the correct directions it would work. Asprin is a blood thinner. My first time on this site, But I'll try it . But have 4-5 NON-COATED ASPRIN,Honey Warm Water.
  • moderate
  • for a day or two
  • $ 1
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This is the only product, prescription or otherwise that has cleared my sons acne and has improved his skin dramatically

Pros

• It works!!, Easy, Inexpensive

Cons

• None
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 2
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• It works!!, Easy, Inexpensive

Cons

• None
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 2
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It didn't really work for me. I've heard of other people who swear by it. It doesn't hurt to try. Lemon juice treatment had been clearing up my skin so I'll stick with that.

Pros

• Inexpensive
  • Works as a good scrub

Cons

• Didn't really work for me
  • Can irritate skin
  • moderately severe
  • for about a week
  • $ 3
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I tried this as a spot treatment to dry out some pimples I had picked at (yup, I'm a picker. Fml.) I mixed 2 tablets with a couple drops of water (you just need a tiny bit of water to make them dissolve. You can slowly add more as needed, but too much water will make it too thin, and you want a paste). I applied the paste as a spot treatment, and left it on until it started to flake off, about 10 minutes. I washed it off and noticed that the top layer of skin of the portions I had picked was easily exfoliated away (not healthy skin, but scab skin). Other than that, the inflammation was not reduced. Next day, no better. It seems like some people have had almost immediate positive reactions, but for me there was really no change. I didn't have any negative side effects, other than a waste of time. You should try it for yourself because everyone is different, but it just didn't do it for me.

Pros

• Cheap

Cons

• Messy
  • Doesn't Work
  • light
  • for a day or two
  • $ 3.99
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.