Apple Cider Vinegar (as a drink) reviews

Apple Cider Vinegar

Liquid Gold
Reviewed on March 19, 2015

This stuff has changed my liiiiiifee, no joke. I'll spare you the 20 min intro where I talk about how long I've had acne, that I've tried everything under the sun, blah blah blah. All that's really important is that there comes a time where you are SICK of dealing with acne and are determined to find something that works. Low and behold, ACV! If you think your acne may be hormonal or diet related I highly suggest you try this.

I started drinking Bragg's ACV (diluted, of course - 1 tbs to a glass of water, 2x a day) a little over a month ago. The first couple weeks, I purged like crazy - it sucked. BUT - if you think about it, it makes perfect sense - ACV detoxifies your blood and organs so all the built up toxins inside your body have to come out somehow - i.e the skin, or waste (which I experienced as well, not fun). After the initial purging phase my skin began to clear, and I got that "glow" that everyone talks about. Don't get me wrong, I still breakout. But they are MUCH less frequent and smaller than what I was used to. The best part is, you know those tiny under the skin bumps which you try to pop and they would then turn into huge zits? I had a ton of those, especially along my jawline and cheeks - they are DISAPPEARING! Slowly, but surely - which gives me hope that in a couple more weeks my skin will be completely clear with no "hiding" acne :) I also started using this as a topical toner, but that will be another review!

Definitely recommend trying this AND sticking it out for at least a few weeks before you decide if it's for you.

One last note - I was initially drinking 2 tbs, 2x a day and I was getting pretty bad stomach pains. I cut down to 1 tbs/2x a day and all symptoms diminished :) play around a bit with the ratios and good luck!

truely is a miracle cure
Reviewed on January 4, 2015

I never usually write reviews however felt I should share my experience.

I was a fortunate teenager and didn't suffer with acne for a long period of time - maybe for a few months on 2 occasions during my teen years but it went away on its own and throughout my early 20s my skin was pretty good.

mid-twenties i started to get acne all around my jaw line and cheeks. it generally been fluctuating over the last 3 years and more recently became worse with a number of red papules and pustules.

I started using organic apple cider vinegar (braggs) 4 weeks ago - 1 tea spoon diluted in water morning and night, and one tea spoon with 4-5 teaspoons of water to apply topically on my skin twice a day. Ive also been using castor oil every day as a moisturiser for the last 2 weeks.

When initially using apple cider vinegar - i definately got some 'purging' - lots of new pustules over the first 10 days which were easy to pop and did not scar significantly. definatley has settled in the last 2 weeks.

Over the last 7 days, I can honestly say my skin hasnt looked this good in ages - i have no new spots, my scars are fading and i finally feel like i have a normal face again and can go out with only a thin layer of foundation to hide the scars.

I would definately recommend at least trying apple cider vinegar out and castor oil for moderate acne.

good luck all.

FANTASTICALLY PERFECT
Reviewed on December 14, 2014

It's very effective though I need to suffer from "purging" days. Hehehe. It's all in the process after all. I've been using it for almost a month and I can clearly say that it helps. At first, it has this tingling or stinging sensation but it disappear afterwards. I use it as a regular toner at night and sometimes during the day, if I'll just stay at home. :) But when my menstruation week is about to come and/or about to end, 1-2 pimples will appear and I guess it's normal. I tried to drink a glass of water with 1-2 tbsp of ACV, but I didn't last long since I'm not used to the taste of it. But you can try it if you want. :) I feel refreshed whenever I use ACV as my toner. I even use yogurt with a mixture of 1 tbsp of honey and 1-2 tsp. of lemon (after I use ACV toner). I use it as a face mask and I'll leave it overnight. It works for me since yogurt mask also helps in healing pimple marks as well as dark spots. You can try to use my advice but I'know that it won't work for everyone. But you've got nothing to lose since I also experienced in having doubts if these stuffs will be helpful or not. Just try and even better, have a proper and balanced diet. I did not eat too much oily and fatty foods for a week, and honestly, I recognized that I didn't have any pimples for a week especially when I continue to use ACV and yogurt-honey-lemon mask :)

I'll continue doing this and maintain proper health. I hope my advice will somehow help you. :)

so far so good
Reviewed on December 12, 2014

so im 17 and about 2 months ago cystic acne showed up covering my cheeks. nothing has worked my next go to was accutane but I decided to try acv before all those harmones. It's been 5 days and my cystic zits are starting to come to a yellow head and I think thats called purging I drink it twice a day and apply it as toner I hope it continues to work!

Love it
Reviewed on November 11, 2014

I've suddenly gotten moderate acne about 3 years ago (i was 22 at the time). I never understoond why this was happening but I think i've figured it out now.

I probably have a candida overgrowth in my body, which can cause acne (and a bunch of other symptoms like dandruf etc). I always thought candida was a genetal thing, but getting thrush is just one of the symptoms (that I'v luckily never experienced). I read that drinking ACV clears the yeast infection from your body so that's what I've been doing for over a week now. I can't tell you how excited I am! It works wonders, all the additional symptoms I had from the candida are getting less and less. My skin is now in the purging phase, which actually gives me hope that it's doing wonders. My skin has gotten better, apart from the few extra zits I've got from the purging.

I drink 2 shots a day, and apply topically only on the pimples. I havent been using it as a tonic since I'm convinced my acne has an internal source. I would recommend anyone on here, to check for other symptoms [link removed] because unexplained acne can mean you have a candida overgrowth just like 65% of America.

So far it seems to be making a difference...
Reviewed on August 3, 2014

...I think acv has contributed to reducing the inflammation of my acne and helped with digestion discomfort, I will update this if it seems to be a placebo. I have been taking it for a week and a half...we shall see :) I take 1 tablespoon of acv with a cup of water most days. A few weeks ago I made a hair rinse with it, my hair was soooo shiney, I personally wouldn't recommend doing this too often particularly if you wash your hair every day, it may be to acidic and dry your hair out, I discovered that for myself, but I am going to do it once a month instead and see how I go :)

Update: I think this may be a good accompaniment to a balanced diet, but I am yet to find something natural that will balance out my hormones, definitely noticed an increase of inflammatory acne around my menstrual cycle (not due to acv, just an observation over the years)

by BlueSalvia on 09/08/2014 02:26
As many have said, be careful of the dilution ratio of ACV, because it can have adverse effects. I have stayed of this for a few week because I think it was upsetting my stomach. Allt the best :)
Amazing!
Reviewed on September 21, 2014

I've had acne since I was 11-12 (I'm 19 now) & I've tried all sorts of over the counter cleansers, astringents etc. I started going to the dermatologist a few years ago & was put on tetracycline tablets & deriva c gel. They controlled my acne a little but I still got some pretty bad breakouts from time to time.

I got taken off the tablets (but I am currently still on deriva c) about a year ago & after a while my acne came back. No matter what I tried, my face always had at least 3-4 stubborn & painful pimples. I tried using lemon juice for a bit & it did help with some scars & controlled some acne but then I couldn't find any real lemons where I live so I went back to just the deriva c.

Anyway, flash forward to months later, I realised I was starting university & didn't want to have to meet new people & have the first thing they thought about me being about my horrible acne. I started looking up different remedies & came across so many positive reviews about apple cider vinegar. I was a bit skeptical at first since everything I'd tried in the past only kind of worked for me & still left me with pimples. I gave it a try thinking I had nothing to lose. I mixed about half water, half acv (I use the Heinz filtered brand) in a bowl & used a cotton ball to rub it on my face. After 5 days, I saw a huge difference in my skin! My acne was going down & my skin was glowing. I decided to up the ante & I started drinking 2-3 tbs diluted in a glass of water twice a day. I've been doing this for almost a month now & I am so impressed with the good results! I currently only have 1 pimple on my face (it was sort of a cyst & took around a week to finally go down) but I consider that a win compared to the 3+ huge red ones I usually had. Also, I have been doing a brown sugar scrub almost every night (I get lazy with it sometimes) but it has helped in making my skin really soft & getting rid of the dry patches I sometimes get from acv.

I still have really bad red marks on my face that I'm trying to get rid of, but I do highly recommend using this as a toner & drinking as a tonic to anyone desperate to get rid of acne. It may not work for all but it's worth trying.

Could it work?
Reviewed on August 23, 2014

Ive been drinking Braggs ACV for 3 days now, so far my acne has flattened down but I do see some new red bumps from this.. not too bad though. It doesnt taste to bad once you get used to it, i fill my FIJI bottle with water and one tablespoon on ACV.. im hoping for good results in a week.

Would Have Been 5 Stars!
Reviewed on August 19, 2014

I began using ACV as a toner, diluted 1:1 with water a while back, and my acne begun to improve. I then read that you could drink a couple of tablespoons a day in water so I started to do that too, since it had worked so well topically. And my acne began to clear up further until my skin was completely clear! I was thrilled. I continued to use ACV as a toner and a drink for around 5-6 months. Then following a slight change in my routine (I switched cleansers) my acne began to come back. I thought it was just an allergic reaction to the new cleanser but the acne persisted when I stopped using the new cleanser. A few months on and my acne is back in full force. I am still at a loss as to what it was that really caused my acne to decide to come back, but for whatever reason ACV stopped working. I lost hope and quit using it. However, despite this setback, I started using Duac 5% Benzoyl Peroxide treatment about 3 weeks ago and my acne has started to improve, and I have slowly begun to reintroduce drinking AVC and using it topically, because regardless of my acne, it makes my skin feel balanced and more comfortable and drinking it gives me a real energy boost and helped me with some other health issues I was suffering in relation to my digestion. So PLEASE give Apple Cider Vinegar a try and if you find a routine that works for you, don't go changing your cleanser just because someone online tells you to! What works for someone else may not work for you!

Be careful with this sh*t
Reviewed on August 16, 2014

Guys, I truly truly believed this will work for me. First night I took 1 tbsp and had the best sleep I've ever had. Day 2 - 2 Tbsp, got diarrhea and heart burns at night. Day 3 - Outbreaks, like atleast 20 whiteheads over the period of the next 5 days, in areas I didnt get acne in 2years.. I stopped after day 3 and my acne went away by day 8.

So well.. I have decided not to risk this agian

by ripple247 on 08/22/2014 13:16
It's called detoxing. Of course you're going to get some acne.