Apple Cider Vinegar (as a drink) reviews

Acv ADVICE PLEASE
Reviewed on July 4, 2016

Hi I'm a 17 year old male and have had acne since 13/14. I never get cystic acne but I have a face full of medium sized red dots. I used benzoyl peroxide with clindamycin as phosphate 1% and benzoyl peroxide 5% last summer and my face was almost completely cleared but I still had about 15 red spots on either side of face so I went to my doctor again because my prescription was used up and she prescribed Epideo to finish clearing up my face. Ok, that is when ALL HELL broke LOOSE! I started breaking out NONSTOP. My face got totally red and pealed like crazy in the beginning but now I'm more used to it. I'm still using it a couple times a week. When I was so dry I started using coconut oil which helped so much with dryness but I firmly believe that it breaks me out, I have tried it twice and each time it feels GREAT but after about a week after using it once or twice I break out in very small dots everywhere. I firmly believe in curing acne naturally and have for the past couple months eliminated all dairy, most sugar and most meat from my diet and I always eat a homemade vegetable soup consisting of green peppers, tomatoes, sweet potatoes and celery. I eat this for most of my meals daily. And have been using a multivitamin plus zinc and vit d3 4-5,000 IU per day. Plus I drink lots of alkaline water every day and wash my face with acidic 4.0 water. My face has not cleared up in the least. Do you think it's because I have only been doing it for 2-3 months or am I doing something wrong. I also run/work in a woodworking business with LOTS of dust, is this a negative for my skin? If so what can I do to help? I've read MANY reviews on Acne.org and YouTube of how people healed there acne by drinking and/or using Apple Cider vinegar as a topical. And what I have noticed is most people that this has helped are people that are close to there 20s or older I'm 17, so if someone could give me some advice if I should run to the store and pig out on ACV or not, and my whole acne disaster I would be soooo grateful. My email is daviddyck17@[link removed]

Thanks!!!!

P.S. I hang out only one day a week and try to hide my face as much as possible. I HATE my face and have for so long, if this would help me get cleared I would have my life back!! #fingerscrossed

I immediately Broke out from drinking apple cidar vinegar
Reviewed on June 17, 2016

Forgive me for any grammatical errors please, Alright sooooo, let me dive right into it. I have been taking either one or two (depends on how I feel that morning or night) tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar NOT dilluted for about a month an a half. I began to break out immediately but I thought it was because I was using the wrong washing powder, any ways, sorry , but I was taking ACV for a faster metabolism not for my face I didn't even know that it could so called HELP with acne, sorry anyways, basically my face looks horrible , I would take a picture but I rather you guys get your laugh from cartoon network and not my face, but ok so I would really like to know what can help clear it up. I am a workout addict and sweating isnt doing it, I don't eat beef, pork or drink sodas all I drink is water and green tea. I choose to eat like this this isn't a punishment. but yeah anyways, so I've tried turmeric , mixed with other natural herbs but nothing is working, can someone please help me clear my skin, my face is so ugly I try to avoid mirrors. I know a lot of blogs say that ACV will make you break out FIRST then it will clear it up because it is detoxifying your body but there are toxins in everything I eat so What the heck is the ACV going to do keep messing up my face until I become a vegan but Seriously sorry ,if possible can it be affordable I mean like im a college student, I am NOT about to pay 40 dollars for a little tube of something that i dont even know if it will work or not. I honestly need jesus to lay his hands on my face, i'd love that, that would just make me a happy camper, alright sorry i'm done. Help me please . Oh yeah and I stopped taking the ACV about a week ago , hopefully you know that but alright . toodles

Unsure
Reviewed on March 18, 2016

Okay so a lot of reviews here are only after a few days so I decided to do one after drinking it for almost 4 weeks. I am a 22 year old female and have struggled with acne since I was 12. Nothing worked for me so unfortunately I took accutane twice. After those doses my skin stayed pretty clear until about 4 months ago. Which was five years after accutane. I started getting cysts again so I went back to the dermatologist hoping to hear something other than accutane. Well , thats what they wanted to do so I refused since it is such a harsh medicine. I decided to try something else. So after reading and watching videos on this stuff I decided to try it. The day after I started drinking this my face was really clear and someone at work even mentioned it. But the week after that my skin broke out so bad. I decided to keep drinking it. I am almost at 4 weeks drinking it twice a day in water. about 2 table spoons each. My skin is pretty bad now. I have a large cyst on my chin but it flattend pretty quickly. and medium pimples on my cheeks and jaw line. I'm hoping that this is just "purging" since that is what happens with a lot of acne treatments. I'm going to continue to drink it for a couple weeks to see how it turns out, and then I will post another review. So as of now I give it two stars because I'm really unsure if it is working at all.

by waitingformercy on 03/19/2016 03:45
exact sme thing happening to me...:( worked amazingly in d frst week bt strted going downhill frm dere...i m in my 3rd week...plz let me knw hw it goes fr you..good luck
by mellbell97 on 04/26/2016 03:15
This is what happened to me when I drank the acv. I started off by drinking two tablespoons everyday for a few months and was very clear. But after a while, my skin started acting bad again so i took less of the acv and drank just one tablespoon per day and my skin got better and stayed better after that. I believe taking the 2 tablespoons became too much for my skin to handle so the reduced amount was the perfect amount for it to keep doing its job well. Hope this helps !
by ChaunteCox13 on 06/17/2016 20:43
hello what is the progress
unsure
Reviewed on March 17, 2016

Long story short... I am a 22 year old female. 5 years after accutane my acne is coming back with vengeance. I started getting cysts again, So I decided to drink 2 tablespoons in water 2 times a day. I am on week 3 of this and I am unsure if it is working. The day after I started drinking this I got compliments on my skin. However, the week after I started breaking out pretty bad. Multiple large cysts, little pimples, whitheads, etc. I hope I am just in the "purging" stage. I have read so many good things about ACV working. I do drink the Braggs Organic vinegar. I am going to continue to drink this for a few more weeks to see what happens. I have noticed that my digestive system is working really well. Before starting I had horrible stomach pains and heart burn. That has subsided. I will write another review on week 5.

Not The mother mentioned in it.
Reviewed on March 9, 2016

I started to use ACV 2 weeks back ,but "the mother" is not mentioned in it ,So is it harmful to my skin? , Though i am not getting fruitful result.

Can anyone suggest me what to do?

by Cealb on 05/21/2016 15:22
Don't worry abt the mother. The reason it isn't in there is because it isn't naturally in apples and ACV is made from the crap that comes out when apples are left for years to ferment. Also, it isn't safe to drink the mother. Hope this helped!
Clears my skin
Reviewed on January 28, 2016

Drinking apple cider vinegar (Braggs or any kind with the "mother") always clears up my skin. I put 2 tbsp in a large cup, then add 1/4 of a tsp of baking soda. After it stops fizzing, I add 2 cups of water and drink it. The baking soda neutralizes the acid in the vinegar. Try it!

MANY USES
Reviewed on November 12, 2015

I LOVE apple cider vinegar. Remember it needs to be unfiltered to get more benefits.

Its a great toner, cleanser, and pro-biotic shot.

I use it as a toner primarily these days, but sometimes I make tea or a smoothie even and add a splash for the probiotic goods,. makes me feel pleasent.

Read up on it. Its great!

Will it cure acne?... Its a helpful addition in general...

but you need to first learn what is causing the acne. If its an intestinal flora problem you might want to start with cleansing and dietary investigation. OR start with a higher dose of probitocs and then ease into the upkeep with ACV

Pressing on...
Reviewed on October 1, 2015

I've had acne ever since I hit puberty, which was right when I turned 11. I am 19 now. I have not had a day of clear skin since then so as you can imagine I'm about done dealing with this. No bathing suits, no cute dresses, no tanktops, nothing. I'm tired of having bad skin I just want to be able to be confident in my own skin! I've tried everything, nothing worked. I cut out 90% of my normal dairy intake, caffiene and have tried to really limit my sugar intake. I also try to make sure I drink at least 80 ounces of water a day. I have acne on my face, back and I get it on my chest occasionally but that's just from hormones. About 6 months ago my skin broke out worse than it has ever been. I even had it on my chest constantly which was not normal. I had no idea why and nothing was working to get rid of it. I started using ACV on my skin (undiluted on my back, diluted on my face because of my face being more sensitive) and about 2 months after using it my back started to clear up tremendously, my face still was as broke out as it had been. I went on vacation and stopped using the ACV for less than a week and I began to break out again, so I thought "okay, this must have been working, so why not take it internally as well?" I started off with a teaspoon twice a day for the first day, then worked myself up over the next week and a half or so to 4 tablespoons twice a day. I took the 4 tablespoons twice a day for about a week or so then cut back down to 2 tablespoons twice a day. My face has cleared up by 75% however I feel like my back hasn't even cleared up by 50%. My skin on my back overall does look healthier, but I still have quite a bit of acne. I've been doing this for about a month now, so I'm going to press on and hope that it starts to work for my back as well as it has for my face. Anyone have any ideas why my back isn't clearing up as much?

by 123jojo on 10/10/2015 02:03
Hi, i would like to say I started having acne in my mid 20's and tried everything. Finally I went to a dermatologist and said I have temporary adult acne just like teenagers do, in most cases. I would like to recommend "Aztec Indian clay" for face and body (baths). I love how my skin feels and helps with many things!!! I do recommend a dermatologist only because I suffered trying all products and spending money until I prescribed a simple cheap generic medication for less than $10 that cleared everything, I couldn't believe it. My dermatologist said my face produces too much oil and in order to clear my acne I will need to kill it from the inside as well as using OIL FREE products!! I hope this is helpful, I went 6 years before I finally went to a dermatologist and it solved everything, plus the Aztec clay reduced my scars and skin tone. I also recommend researching lemon juice on acne, it has helped me reduce darker spots from the sun and lightened my face, I try natural things and read a little about natural cleansers and now trying apple cider vinegar for better health too. Let me just say I don't need make up and I wear sunblock everyday on my face and arms, oil free of course. Please see a dermatologist first bc that has made it 90% easier for me keeping my skin clear. I hope this info helped :(
Ugh..
Reviewed on August 28, 2015

I was really hoping this was gonna work for me... I tried drinking it for a week and just couldn't get used to the taste.. I tried using honey to sweeten it and really diluted it but it was still impossible for me to drink it without feeling sick.. I tried applying it topically too and saw no difference and it stunk up my bathroom... Oh well Im glad it worked for other people! Its worth a try...

by 123jojo on 10/10/2015 02:05
I have read the benefits of apple cider and coconut oil. I recommend you reading some info on cold pressed organic coconut oil.... It too is great for EVERYTHING. Maybe this could be for you :)
I had more pimples but less noticable after drinking acv.
Reviewed on August 17, 2015

After drinking ACV diluted with water, I had pimples and only 1-3 cyst acne on parts pn my face where I don't usually get it 😦 but it's not swelling red and it's kinda dry too. But do you think it's just my skin purging? Please I need answers immediately 😢😦

by Daniece on 08/17/2015 19:13
How long have you been trying it for?
by Tralisa on 11/18/2015 14:24