Apple Cider Vinegar (as a drink) reviews

4.1/5 - 134 reviews

Apple Cider Vinegar

Miracle worker
Reviewed on August 3, 2015

I am 22. I struggled with cystic acne for over 5 years. Final started drinking organic acv twice a day for a month (1tbsp in the morning and 1 at night with water). Since then my skin has completely cleared up. I no longer need to drink it for clear skin which is why I call it my cure. Definitely recommend this to anyone struggling with acne. When topical treatments don't work you need an internal fix and drinking acv did the trick for me. Can't hurt to try it as it has other Heath benefits.

AMAZING! IT'S A MIRACLE
Reviewed on July 15, 2015

I suddenly encountere dadult back and chest acne about 2 months ago. They started off about 5 or 6 pimples but continued to get worse and worse - im not sure what this was down to as my routine didnt change so I guess it was a sudden hormone imbalance. The doctor put me on tetracycline which made it even worse, i read about ACV on an online forum on acne.org and after trying everything else i thought i would give it a go!!! ITS A MIRACLE! I have only been using it around 3 days (1 tbsp diluted in water in the morning and the same at night), also diluted as a toner 1:1 and rubbed on acne morning and night followed by 5% benzolyn peroxide! WOW what amazing results my near 40+ spots on my back and chest have cleared almost fully (just a few blemishes to go)!

I had nearly given up hope of find a cure and my confidence was rock bottom. I can see the results happening in front of my eyes! I am going to continue drinking ACV as the health benefits are great. I am also cutting out dairy as this may also be an irritant for me.

I will tell anyone to try it! but be careful it is very drying and and could irritate sensitive skin if over used as a toner.

GIVE IT A GO!! GOOD LUCK!

SO GOOOD!!!
Reviewed on June 19, 2015

seriously. it works so well! im living in EU and i dont use this brand of ACV but another one. and i mixed it with water by 1:1 amount. it worked really really well and the fact that its natural and it balanced ur PH really satisfies me! I now try to avoid other harmful cosmetics! only a soft cleanser but the rest like moistoriser or acne treatment are all natural! 5 stars!

Safe for everyday and showing results
Reviewed on June 9, 2015

Hello. I'm a 26 year old female. I didnt start getting acne till I was about 20. and I get those huge cysts that take months to go away. antibiotics didnt help for long term. When I was 22 they put me on actutane and that worked combined with being on birth control. Within a year after actutane my acne was back. Birth control wasnt working either. Turned out after getting blood tested that I have too much male hormones. The medicine they wanted to give me sounded dangerous and I could only be on it for 6 months. I decided to take a more natural approach after finding out about my hormone imbalance. Eating clean did help, but its hard being super strict on your diet. Anytime I would get a flare up I felt like a failure. About 2 weeks ago I started mixing ACV and water before my meals and this has been the best my face has looked in awhile. I'm not completely rid of acne, but I have no more cysts. I have a few small pimples but those are easy to treat. I'm hoping after those go away I wont have anymore. The most promising sign is that I'm about to start my cycle in a few days and still havent seen any new blemishes. (I'm not on BC anymore) I know acne bacteria can linger for a few weeks but every day I see less and less blemishes. I hope after a month or two I can be rid of acne if I keep this up :)

by arcticbabe2006 on 07/28/2015 15:29
Your review is refreshing and gives me hope. I'm 39 and my hormones have been out of whack since i was a teen. No bc or supplements could balance them. I suffer terrible pms monthly...that last for weeks at a time, in reality i have maybe 1 week (barely) of "normalcy" a month. On top of all that, while my auntie suffers from celiac, i was recently dx with non-celiac gluten intolerance. My digestive system is just a mess. I've read countless articles and reviews regarding ACV helping immensely with this. I bought my first bottle of ACV yesterday and will be starting my first drink as i finish writing to you. I hope i'll get some relief as i've exhausted every other option. I just wanted to say Thank You.
ACV is a Miracle Worker
Reviewed on April 26, 2015

I'm a 17 years old girl and I've always had clear skin with the occasional hormonal pimple. A few months ago, I started to get really bad cystic acne on my cheeks and chin. I felt horrible and I didn't want to go outside. I didn't want to put make up in either because it just made my face look dry and horrible. I tried so many different face washes and lotions but nothing helped and some actually made me break out worse. I felt like nothing was helping. Then about a week ago I came across a video on YouTube about how Apple Cider Vinegar helped cute acne. So I thought why not give it a shot. I started using the CeraVe facial cleanser twice a day and then apply Heinz ACV all over my face. I also would drink about 2 tbs with a tiny bit of water after breakfast and dinner. I stopped using lotion because I have naturally combo/oily skin and I felt that it helped reduce break outs but maybe that's just me. After about a week, I saw a huge change in my skin. I didn't get any new break outs and my scars were starting to fade. Hopefully after a month or so my skin will be clearer. I think the 2nd main thing that really helped my acne to clear up is competely cutting out sugar from my diet.

by Gabo20 on 06/11/2015 13:49
By completelycutting sugar from your diet you mean not even fruits?
MEN who struggle with acne - take heart.
Reviewed on April 15, 2015

I don't usually write reviews but I felt compelled to write this one. I'm a 28 year old (very active) male, who has been dealing with acne for the past 10 years straight. Recently, I've been dealing with big, cyst-like pimples that don't graduate to a whitehead and hang out for awhile. I have used everything to treat it, and have been to multiple dermatologists. Some of the remedies I have used/tried over the years include Accutane, antibiotics (a couple types), prescription topical treatments including creams and dabbers, oregano oil, Proactiv and all all of the over the counter products containing benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid. The Accutane, and possibly the antibittics worked temporarily, but my skin would return to its tainted form. Everything else was almost pointless as my skin would adapt quickly and become resilient. My skin condition would also really affect my confidence unfortunately and would literally ruin my life. I didn't want it to own me mentally like it did, but I couldn't help it.

So, after years of trying all these things, and not wanting to take the antibiotics that my dermatologist said was the only option I had (medically), I came across people's YouTube videos and posts on this site about Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV). I had already tried other natural remedies like Oregano Oil after some people raved about it, but it rendered pointless for me. But, I thought I had nothing to lose, so I went out and bought the Bragg's brand ACV.

I started by taking one tablespoon orally; either mixed with water, or like a shot and chased it with water. I would also take it topically by using 50% water to 50% ACV and a cotton pad. I would let it sit on my face for 10-15 minutes before bed only. It would sometimes leave a red mark on my face but would go away eventually, definitely by the am. So, it has been almost two months now, and the results have been promising. I don't worry about acne anymore! I got one or two pimples on my face the day after or two days after starting (which were probably on their way anyway as I was going through a rough patch), but besides that the skin on my face is clear!

I will SOMETIMES get one on the back of my neck, or somewhere inconspicuous like my back or chest, but I don't worry too much about those as my face is really what I care about. They are also few and far between. They are probably due to the fact that since my skin has cleared up, I've been having more cheat meals; eating a ton of Ben and Jerry's and what have you (I need the calories).

I don't really know the reason for the success. I've read about how ACV balances your skins PH levels when taken topically. I also noticed when I used it topically on pimples I already had, they would shrink and/or come to a whitehead faster than normal. I also noticed that it helped with my digestion considerably. This led me to wonder if my acne was due to some stomach/digestion problems. This YouTube video sort of corroborates this possibility (https://[link removed] The only precautions I have would be when you drink it, it is probably preferred that you mix it with water. When you swallow, try to get it straight down your esophagus without having it splash around you mouth. Apparently it is not good for teeth enamel. When applying it to your face, absolutely dilute it at least 50/50 ACV to water. Then, if you want a stronger concentration of ACV later on you can add more, but I highly doubt you will need to. I've also read the importance of buying ACV that has the "mother" in it. Bragg's has been the most prominently suggested brand and I just buy it from Superstore (common grocery store).

Anyways, this stuff, for me, has been legit. I still use the exact treatment methods (one tablespoon orally/topically applied at night) as when I started. If you're reading this and you're having a rough go, I'm telling you it is definitely worth a chance. I bet you'll see results in the first 2 weeks but give it a solid month. Not having acne has changed my life. This may sound strange but I feel like I'm finally able to develop into myself. I know most people don't let acne bother them, but I had some bad breakouts, for a solid 10 years. Life isn't perfect, but not having to worry about acne is a huge blessing.

Ok, thats the end of my rant. All the best to everyone out there.

LIFECHANGER
Reviewed on April 12, 2015

Wow, straight up its been like a month and i don’t even worry about waking up with acne anymore, not only this my skin is well balanced and i think over time i have found a miracle cure

Morning and night after shower i pour maybe 30 mls of my ACV mix – 30% ACV 70% water, into my hand and splash/rub it over my face.... FAST EASY and smell disipears after like 30 seconds

I also take 1 Tablespoon of ACV DILUTED!! in a BIG cup of water before breakfast and dinner

I don’t use facewash anymore, i don’t trust the dodgy chemicals in it. (well thats a lie, once a week i use a commercial facewash)

BEST SKIN EVER cost maybe $1 a week!! AND its natural

Liquid Gold
Reviewed on March 19, 2015

This stuff has changed my liiiiiifee, no joke. I'll spare you the 20 min intro where I talk about how long I've had acne, that I've tried everything under the sun, blah blah blah. All that's really important is that there comes a time where you are SICK of dealing with acne and are determined to find something that works. Low and behold, ACV! If you think your acne may be hormonal or diet related I highly suggest you try this.

I started drinking Bragg's ACV (diluted, of course - 1 tbs to a glass of water, 2x a day) a little over a month ago. The first couple weeks, I purged like crazy - it sucked. BUT - if you think about it, it makes perfect sense - ACV detoxifies your blood and organs so all the built up toxins inside your body have to come out somehow - i.e the skin, or waste (which I experienced as well, not fun). After the initial purging phase my skin began to clear, and I got that "glow" that everyone talks about. Don't get me wrong, I still breakout. But they are MUCH less frequent and smaller than what I was used to. The best part is, you know those tiny under the skin bumps which you try to pop and they would then turn into huge zits? I had a ton of those, especially along my jawline and cheeks - they are DISAPPEARING! Slowly, but surely - which gives me hope that in a couple more weeks my skin will be completely clear with no "hiding" acne :) I also started using this as a topical toner, but that will be another review!

Definitely recommend trying this AND sticking it out for at least a few weeks before you decide if it's for you.

One last note - I was initially drinking 2 tbs, 2x a day and I was getting pretty bad stomach pains. I cut down to 1 tbs/2x a day and all symptoms diminished :) play around a bit with the ratios and good luck!

truely is a miracle cure
Reviewed on January 4, 2015

I never usually write reviews however felt I should share my experience.

I was a fortunate teenager and didn't suffer with acne for a long period of time - maybe for a few months on 2 occasions during my teen years but it went away on its own and throughout my early 20s my skin was pretty good.

mid-twenties i started to get acne all around my jaw line and cheeks. it generally been fluctuating over the last 3 years and more recently became worse with a number of red papules and pustules.

I started using organic apple cider vinegar (braggs) 4 weeks ago - 1 tea spoon diluted in water morning and night, and one tea spoon with 4-5 teaspoons of water to apply topically on my skin twice a day. Ive also been using castor oil every day as a moisturiser for the last 2 weeks.

When initially using apple cider vinegar - i definately got some 'purging' - lots of new pustules over the first 10 days which were easy to pop and did not scar significantly. definatley has settled in the last 2 weeks.

Over the last 7 days, I can honestly say my skin hasnt looked this good in ages - i have no new spots, my scars are fading and i finally feel like i have a normal face again and can go out with only a thin layer of foundation to hide the scars.

I would definately recommend at least trying apple cider vinegar out and castor oil for moderate acne.

good luck all.

FANTASTICALLY PERFECT
Reviewed on December 14, 2014

It's very effective though I need to suffer from "purging" days. Hehehe. It's all in the process after all. I've been using it for almost a month and I can clearly say that it helps. At first, it has this tingling or stinging sensation but it disappear afterwards. I use it as a regular toner at night and sometimes during the day, if I'll just stay at home. :) But when my menstruation week is about to come and/or about to end, 1-2 pimples will appear and I guess it's normal. I tried to drink a glass of water with 1-2 tbsp of ACV, but I didn't last long since I'm not used to the taste of it. But you can try it if you want. :) I feel refreshed whenever I use ACV as my toner. I even use yogurt with a mixture of 1 tbsp of honey and 1-2 tsp. of lemon (after I use ACV toner). I use it as a face mask and I'll leave it overnight. It works for me since yogurt mask also helps in healing pimple marks as well as dark spots. You can try to use my advice but I'know that it won't work for everyone. But you've got nothing to lose since I also experienced in having doubts if these stuffs will be helpful or not. Just try and even better, have a proper and balanced diet. I did not eat too much oily and fatty foods for a week, and honestly, I recognized that I didn't have any pimples for a week especially when I continue to use ACV and yogurt-honey-lemon mask :)

I'll continue doing this and maintain proper health. I hope my advice will somehow help you. :)