Apple Cider Vinegar (as a drink) reviews

1st Day Trying. Hoping for the Best
Reviewed on July 25, 2014

I have read all of the reviews on how apple cider vinegar helps to clear acne. I am 17 and have serve acne. I have tried just about everything. So Today I got some Bragg ACV and put it in a small glass of water. It taste so horrible that it makes me gag when I drink it. You can really taste the acid. So instead it took that glass and put in a huge glass of ice water. I can still taste it but it is no where near as bad. just hope that doing it this way I am drinking enough. I feel a little warm inside. I will continue to drink a lot of water. I do not see how people drink this. Tonight I will use it on my face as a toner and will see what happens in the next few days. i will be back to update.

amazing
Reviewed on June 12, 2014

I've suffered from moderate acne on my face and back and chest for 7 years, and only now has my skin for the first time been blemish free. I've been drinking a little under a shotglass worth of ACV every day for the past 3 months or so, and I can't say enough good things about it. It totally cleared up my skin. In conjunction I also use ACV topically by wiping it undiluted on my face. A couple of warnings:

The taste takes a while to become accustomed to but is definitely worth it

Your skin will take a while to adapt to undiluted ACV applied topically, so always mix it with water first for a while

Do not drink ACV undiluted under any circumstances, it can severely damage your oesophagus

Make sure the ACV you use is unpasteurised, organic and contains "The Mother". I use Bragg's. Don't be surprised if you try just any old ACV in your kitchen and don't see results.

Just as a side note, I've also had brittle, peeling fingernails and low energy levels for years and now my nails are unbreakable and beautiful and I feel much more energised and healthy. This is the only thing I would go so far as to call an acne cure, apart from things like roaccutane which I have not tried myself but I know come with handfuls of adverse side effects. If you're getting desperate for an acne cure, please try ACV before you try any acne medications. It'll spare you a lot of doctors appointments, time, money and side effects. The stuff is actually good for you.

Give it a whirl!

I LOVE THIS STUFF!
Reviewed on May 21, 2014

I have been using ACV in my skin care routine for quite some time and I love the results! ACV has so many holistic benefits, it works both from the inside out and outside in. Here are some details on why ACV works so well as a topical acne treatment as well as a recipe for incorporating it into your diet! [link removed]

Miracle
Reviewed on May 19, 2014

Alright I don't know what this stuff is all about but i've been taking it for 2 weeks and this is the greatest thing I have ever done with my life. I take the Braggs organic apple cider vinegar with the mother. Let me tell you, not only has this helped clear my face, but it has helped me feel absolutely amazing. Gives me loads of energy, helps regulate my digestive system, and has cleared my acne. I take 1 tbsp in the am and one in the pm with about 8 oz of water. Downside is that it is probably the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted in my life, but the pros heavily outweigh this minor con. I have also been using Benzaclin topically alongside drinking ACV and let me tell you this combination has my skin looking its best in years. It's cheap to buy, give it a try! I can't start my day until i've had my ACV. Go ahead and get your life back. Best product I have ever used in my life.

!
Reviewed on April 11, 2014

I've heard so much about ACV, but only recently and I can't believe I haven't hear of it before with so many amazing reviews! It sounds like some kind of miracle cure! Anyway I'm 19 years old and I've had breakouts since I was about 16, this year it's gotten a LOT worse with cystic acne mainly on my chin and I've been trying everything to no avail. Today I purchased some ACV, diluted it 1:1 in water and applied with a cotton ball to my face, I think it may have been too strong to start off with because my face is now very red around my cheeks and nose, tomorrow I'll try a weaker mix and update later on (:

Not sure yet...
Reviewed on February 6, 2014

It's probably too early to make an accurate review on this. I've only drunk this for about 5 days, and it usually takes longer to see results, especially since I suffer from a moderate-severe kind of acne. But so far, so good. I usually break out on my cheeks and I did get two cystic pimples on my cheeks the first days, but I'm assuming they were forming before I started drinking the ACV, so... I've had one new pimple forming on my chin though, so it has not worked from "day one" for me, but I wasn't expecting immediate results either. I think I'm suffering from candida, and I ate some coconut oil at first (because it's a natural candida killer, and the acne got so much better in a few days) but the taste was horrible to me, I feel like I want to vomit when I eat it and feel nauseous for hours after eating it, so that's why I started drinking ACV instead. Truth be told, I love the taste of ACV. Many people complain about the taste, but the acid makes it feel refreshing and the burning sensation is not too bad. I usually take 2 teaspoons of it in a small glass of water, so that it is somewhat diluted at least. I wouldn't recommend drinking it straight from the bottle, I personally think it's too harsh, and it's never good to "over-do" something. I'm going to give this one more time, seeing the reviews on here really gives me hope. I'm not using the one from "Braggs" or whatever it's called, the brand isn't available here in my country. I don't even think the one I use is ecological, but I don't get the feeling that ACV is something that the companies fill with chemicals or other things, all brands felt pretty much the same to me when I bought the bottle.

Maybe I'm just having some kind of placebo effect, but I don't care as long as it takes away my acne. I've heard ACV is good for lowering blood-sugar, so if you take it 20-30 minutes before a meal it will lower the GI of the food, which is good if you suffer from insulin resistance. I personally believe I suffer from some kind of insulin resistance, and having too much sugar in your blood will result in more male hormones (testosterone) which is a famous acne-trigger. So it feels promising! I'm not really into doing strict diets since it's hard to keep up with, and I'm already underweight so I don't want to lose more weight. I don't think it can do any harm to try this out if you don't have any known diseases and if you are overall healthy. If it doesn't help your acne, it helps with other things like keeping the pH balance in your stomach, which is good at least... So give it a try!

Never using anything else again.
Reviewed on February 2, 2014

I started drinking this after watching someone on youtube talk about their experience with it. I've had acne since forever, 13/14 years old. it's always been on my forehead but around the age of 17/18 I started breaking out on my cheeks/chin area. when I was 19 I found that the only thing that would semi clear my skin up was BP (benzoyl peroxide) but my skin was never, ever, fully clear. I was still breaking out 3 times a week and then the BP stopped working completely and I even would breakout in the winter time which is something that never happens. For some reason my skin likes cold weather and my face would clear up, but it pretty much just got worse. I literally have tried everything and the second I found this It's like an angel touched my face and made all the breakouts stop. I started using this directly on my face but it's just way too strong of a smell. Especially if I start sweating, so i started drinking it instead. This has even helped me lose weight which is something I wasn't looking for but I could lose a few pounds so I'm not complaining. since this has helped me I'm starting to believe my acne was caused by something internal and not external which would explain why I would use acne clearing kits and they would never work. I bought a big bottle but for someone trying it out I would probably recommend getting a small one and giving it about a week or two. I saw results in about a week, I would say, so give it some time. I also broke out around my jawline but i was wearing makeup that day and I don't know if my skin was purging or it was the makeup that caused it. Either way they went away pretty quickly. I also used Braggs ACV. It's worth a try.

Wow!
Reviewed on January 27, 2014

I am 19 and have had breakouts exclusively on my chin and near my mouth since I was probably 14. Never anything horrible, but it was there consistantly and it was somewhat noticeable. I went to a dermatologist around seventeen and took an antibiotic for a while (which worked while I was on it) and a couple topical things. More recently they gave me Spirolactone (sp?) which was fine enough. But NOTHING has made my skin look as glowing and feel as healthy as ACV! I'm really amazed! It's been a couple weeks, so I guess things could still go wrong, but I applied it as a toner and it instantly cleared the breakout I had and my skin has been soft and it seemed to really get rid of the acne marks that I've had for some time. I also have been drinking small amounts of it in large water bottles (like a cap full of ACV in a liter of water) and I feel energized and I imagine it contributes to my skin. Really, it has made my skin look HEALTHIER than any medicine I was given by the derm.

miracle cleanser
Reviewed on December 30, 2013

ACV is a part of my routine in two ways. first, I drink a tablespoon in water every day, first thing waking up. Second, once a week I use Aztec Clay, and i'll mix half water half ACV with the powder. the ACV truly cleanses inside and out, and alkalinizes my body so my skin isn't so oily. It's been a godsend!

ACV is a miracle worker
Reviewed on October 29, 2013

ACV is truly a miracle worker. I am over 40 and started to have acne after I had my last pregnancy. I guess my hormones were all over the place but it was bad. I went to a dermatologist for almost a year and I was but on an antibiotic for 6 months. That is not good. It cleared up my acne but once I stopped taking it, it came right back and full force. I never had acne like this. I decided to try ACV and it has been 7 months and I feel great and my skin is so clear. Now all I have to worry about are my wrinkles ;-) Seriously, ACV is great. I drink 16 oz every day with 4 tablespoons of ACV. OK, it doesn't taste very good but I am so use to it now and the smell is no big deal. I also cleanse my skin with it in the morning and night. The mix is 50/50 (water/ACV). A Cotton ball all over my face (I avoid eyes because who knows if it helps wrinkles too - I have to check that out). It is really an amazing product! I use it for cuts and abrasions, too! The only side effect was the first day I used it I was woken up at 3am and I couldn't leave the bathroom for a while. OK, I know that sounds horrible BUT it was cleaning my body out (detoxing) and I really think that is what I needed to get my body and face on the right track. It has never happened again, so I think I'm good to go ;0)