Apple Cider Vinegar (as a drink) reviews

Unsure
Reviewed on March 18, 2016

Okay so a lot of reviews here are only after a few days so I decided to do one after drinking it for almost 4 weeks. I am a 22 year old female and have struggled with acne since I was 12. Nothing worked for me so unfortunately I took accutane twice. After those doses my skin stayed pretty clear until about 4 months ago. Which was five years after accutane. I started getting cysts again so I went back to the dermatologist hoping to hear something other than accutane. Well , thats what they wanted to do so I refused since it is such a harsh medicine. I decided to try something else. So after reading and watching videos on this stuff I decided to try it. The day after I started drinking this my face was really clear and someone at work even mentioned it. But the week after that my skin broke out so bad. I decided to keep drinking it. I am almost at 4 weeks drinking it twice a day in water. about 2 table spoons each. My skin is pretty bad now. I have a large cyst on my chin but it flattend pretty quickly. and medium pimples on my cheeks and jaw line. I'm hoping that this is just "purging" since that is what happens with a lot of acne treatments. I'm going to continue to drink it for a couple weeks to see how it turns out, and then I will post another review. So as of now I give it two stars because I'm really unsure if it is working at all.

by waitingformercy on 03/19/2016 03:45
exact sme thing happening to me...:( worked amazingly in d frst week bt strted going downhill frm dere...i m in my 3rd week...plz let me knw hw it goes fr you..good luck
by mellbell97 on 04/26/2016 03:15
This is what happened to me when I drank the acv. I started off by drinking two tablespoons everyday for a few months and was very clear. But after a while, my skin started acting bad again so i took less of the acv and drank just one tablespoon per day and my skin got better and stayed better after that. I believe taking the 2 tablespoons became too much for my skin to handle so the reduced amount was the perfect amount for it to keep doing its job well. Hope this helps !
unsure
Reviewed on March 17, 2016

Long story short... I am a 22 year old female. 5 years after accutane my acne is coming back with vengeance. I started getting cysts again, So I decided to drink 2 tablespoons in water 2 times a day. I am on week 3 of this and I am unsure if it is working. The day after I started drinking this I got compliments on my skin. However, the week after I started breaking out pretty bad. Multiple large cysts, little pimples, whitheads, etc. I hope I am just in the "purging" stage. I have read so many good things about ACV working. I do drink the Braggs Organic vinegar. I am going to continue to drink this for a few more weeks to see what happens. I have noticed that my digestive system is working really well. Before starting I had horrible stomach pains and heart burn. That has subsided. I will write another review on week 5.

Not The mother mentioned in it.
Reviewed on March 9, 2016

I started to use ACV 2 weeks back ,but "the mother" is not mentioned in it ,So is it harmful to my skin? , Though i am not getting fruitful result.

Can anyone suggest me what to do?

by Cealb on 05/21/2016 15:22
Don't worry abt the mother. The reason it isn't in there is because it isn't naturally in apples and ACV is made from the crap that comes out when apples are left for years to ferment. Also, it isn't safe to drink the mother. Hope this helped!
Clears my skin
Reviewed on January 28, 2016

Drinking apple cider vinegar (Braggs or any kind with the "mother") always clears up my skin. I put 2 tbsp in a large cup, then add 1/4 of a tsp of baking soda. After it stops fizzing, I add 2 cups of water and drink it. The baking soda neutralizes the acid in the vinegar. Try it!

MANY USES
Reviewed on November 12, 2015

I LOVE apple cider vinegar. Remember it needs to be unfiltered to get more benefits.

Its a great toner, cleanser, and pro-biotic shot.

I use it as a toner primarily these days, but sometimes I make tea or a smoothie even and add a splash for the probiotic goods,. makes me feel pleasent.

Read up on it. Its great!

Will it cure acne?... Its a helpful addition in general...

but you need to first learn what is causing the acne. If its an intestinal flora problem you might want to start with cleansing and dietary investigation. OR start with a higher dose of probitocs and then ease into the upkeep with ACV

Pressing on...
Reviewed on October 1, 2015

I've had acne ever since I hit puberty, which was right when I turned 11. I am 19 now. I have not had a day of clear skin since then so as you can imagine I'm about done dealing with this. No bathing suits, no cute dresses, no tanktops, nothing. I'm tired of having bad skin I just want to be able to be confident in my own skin! I've tried everything, nothing worked. I cut out 90% of my normal dairy intake, caffiene and have tried to really limit my sugar intake. I also try to make sure I drink at least 80 ounces of water a day. I have acne on my face, back and I get it on my chest occasionally but that's just from hormones. About 6 months ago my skin broke out worse than it has ever been. I even had it on my chest constantly which was not normal. I had no idea why and nothing was working to get rid of it. I started using ACV on my skin (undiluted on my back, diluted on my face because of my face being more sensitive) and about 2 months after using it my back started to clear up tremendously, my face still was as broke out as it had been. I went on vacation and stopped using the ACV for less than a week and I began to break out again, so I thought "okay, this must have been working, so why not take it internally as well?" I started off with a teaspoon twice a day for the first day, then worked myself up over the next week and a half or so to 4 tablespoons twice a day. I took the 4 tablespoons twice a day for about a week or so then cut back down to 2 tablespoons twice a day. My face has cleared up by 75% however I feel like my back hasn't even cleared up by 50%. My skin on my back overall does look healthier, but I still have quite a bit of acne. I've been doing this for about a month now, so I'm going to press on and hope that it starts to work for my back as well as it has for my face. Anyone have any ideas why my back isn't clearing up as much?

by 123jojo on 10/10/2015 02:03
Hi, i would like to say I started having acne in my mid 20's and tried everything. Finally I went to a dermatologist and said I have temporary adult acne just like teenagers do, in most cases. I would like to recommend "Aztec Indian clay" for face and body (baths). I love how my skin feels and helps with many things!!! I do recommend a dermatologist only because I suffered trying all products and spending money until I prescribed a simple cheap generic medication for less than $10 that cleared everything, I couldn't believe it. My dermatologist said my face produces too much oil and in order to clear my acne I will need to kill it from the inside as well as using OIL FREE products!! I hope this is helpful, I went 6 years before I finally went to a dermatologist and it solved everything, plus the Aztec clay reduced my scars and skin tone. I also recommend researching lemon juice on acne, it has helped me reduce darker spots from the sun and lightened my face, I try natural things and read a little about natural cleansers and now trying apple cider vinegar for better health too. Let me just say I don't need make up and I wear sunblock everyday on my face and arms, oil free of course. Please see a dermatologist first bc that has made it 90% easier for me keeping my skin clear. I hope this info helped :(
Ugh..
Reviewed on August 28, 2015

I was really hoping this was gonna work for me... I tried drinking it for a week and just couldn't get used to the taste.. I tried using honey to sweeten it and really diluted it but it was still impossible for me to drink it without feeling sick.. I tried applying it topically too and saw no difference and it stunk up my bathroom... Oh well Im glad it worked for other people! Its worth a try...

by 123jojo on 10/10/2015 02:05
I have read the benefits of apple cider and coconut oil. I recommend you reading some info on cold pressed organic coconut oil.... It too is great for EVERYTHING. Maybe this could be for you :)
I had more pimples but less noticable after drinking acv.
Reviewed on August 17, 2015

After drinking ACV diluted with water, I had pimples and only 1-3 cyst acne on parts pn my face where I don't usually get it 😦 but it's not swelling red and it's kinda dry too. But do you think it's just my skin purging? Please I need answers immediately 😢😦

by Daniece on 08/17/2015 19:13
How long have you been trying it for?
by Tralisa on 11/18/2015 14:24
Definitely you skin purging
Miracle worker
Reviewed on August 3, 2015

I am 22. I struggled with cystic acne for over 5 years. Final started drinking organic acv twice a day for a month (1tbsp in the morning and 1 at night with water). Since then my skin has completely cleared up. I no longer need to drink it for clear skin which is why I call it my cure. Definitely recommend this to anyone struggling with acne. When topical treatments don't work you need an internal fix and drinking acv did the trick for me. Can't hurt to try it as it has other Heath benefits.

by 123jojo on 10/10/2015 02:06
by sundayfunday on 12/11/2015 18:00
How long did it take for your acne to start clearing up? Were you dieting or taking/doing anything else to help clear your skin?
AMAZING! IT'S A MIRACLE
Reviewed on July 15, 2015

I suddenly encountere dadult back and chest acne about 2 months ago. They started off about 5 or 6 pimples but continued to get worse and worse - im not sure what this was down to as my routine didnt change so I guess it was a sudden hormone imbalance. The doctor put me on tetracycline which made it even worse, i read about ACV on an online forum on acne.org and after trying everything else i thought i would give it a go!!! ITS A MIRACLE! I have only been using it around 3 days (1 tbsp diluted in water in the morning and the same at night), also diluted as a toner 1:1 and rubbed on acne morning and night followed by 5% benzolyn peroxide! WOW what amazing results my near 40+ spots on my back and chest have cleared almost fully (just a few blemishes to go)!

I had nearly given up hope of find a cure and my confidence was rock bottom. I can see the results happening in front of my eyes! I am going to continue drinking ACV as the health benefits are great. I am also cutting out dairy as this may also be an irritant for me.

I will tell anyone to try it! but be careful it is very drying and and could irritate sensitive skin if over used as a toner.

GIVE IT A GO!! GOOD LUCK!