Apple Cider Vinegar (as a drink) reviews

4.1/5 - 139 reviews

Clears my skin
Reviewed on January 28, 2016

Drinking apple cider vinegar (Braggs or any kind with the "mother") always clears up my skin. I put 2 tbsp in a large cup, then add 1/4 of a tsp of baking soda. After it stops fizzing, I add 2 cups of water and drink it. The baking soda neutralizes the acid in the vinegar. Try it!

MANY USES
Reviewed on November 12, 2015

I LOVE apple cider vinegar. Remember it needs to be unfiltered to get more benefits.

Its a great toner, cleanser, and pro-biotic shot.

I use it as a toner primarily these days, but sometimes I make tea or a smoothie even and add a splash for the probiotic goods,. makes me feel pleasent.

Read up on it. Its great!

Will it cure acne?... Its a helpful addition in general...

but you need to first learn what is causing the acne. If its an intestinal flora problem you might want to start with cleansing and dietary investigation. OR start with a higher dose of probitocs and then ease into the upkeep with ACV

Pressing on...
Reviewed on October 1, 2015

I've had acne ever since I hit puberty, which was right when I turned 11. I am 19 now. I have not had a day of clear skin since then so as you can imagine I'm about done dealing with this. No bathing suits, no cute dresses, no tanktops, nothing. I'm tired of having bad skin I just want to be able to be confident in my own skin! I've tried everything, nothing worked. I cut out 90% of my normal dairy intake, caffiene and have tried to really limit my sugar intake. I also try to make sure I drink at least 80 ounces of water a day. I have acne on my face, back and I get it on my chest occasionally but that's just from hormones. About 6 months ago my skin broke out worse than it has ever been. I even had it on my chest constantly which was not normal. I had no idea why and nothing was working to get rid of it. I started using ACV on my skin (undiluted on my back, diluted on my face because of my face being more sensitive) and about 2 months after using it my back started to clear up tremendously, my face still was as broke out as it had been. I went on vacation and stopped using the ACV for less than a week and I began to break out again, so I thought "okay, this must have been working, so why not take it internally as well?" I started off with a teaspoon twice a day for the first day, then worked myself up over the next week and a half or so to 4 tablespoons twice a day. I took the 4 tablespoons twice a day for about a week or so then cut back down to 2 tablespoons twice a day. My face has cleared up by 75% however I feel like my back hasn't even cleared up by 50%. My skin on my back overall does look healthier, but I still have quite a bit of acne. I've been doing this for about a month now, so I'm going to press on and hope that it starts to work for my back as well as it has for my face. Anyone have any ideas why my back isn't clearing up as much?

by 123jojo on 10/10/2015 02:03
Hi, i would like to say I started having acne in my mid 20's and tried everything. Finally I went to a dermatologist and said I have temporary adult acne just like teenagers do, in most cases. I would like to recommend "Aztec Indian clay" for face and body (baths). I love how my skin feels and helps with many things!!! I do recommend a dermatologist only because I suffered trying all products and spending money until I prescribed a simple cheap generic medication for less than $10 that cleared everything, I couldn't believe it. My dermatologist said my face produces too much oil and in order to clear my acne I will need to kill it from the inside as well as using OIL FREE products!! I hope this is helpful, I went 6 years before I finally went to a dermatologist and it solved everything, plus the Aztec clay reduced my scars and skin tone. I also recommend researching lemon juice on acne, it has helped me reduce darker spots from the sun and lightened my face, I try natural things and read a little about natural cleansers and now trying apple cider vinegar for better health too. Let me just say I don't need make up and I wear sunblock everyday on my face and arms, oil free of course. Please see a dermatologist first bc that has made it 90% easier for me keeping my skin clear. I hope this info helped :(
Ugh..
Reviewed on August 28, 2015

I was really hoping this was gonna work for me... I tried drinking it for a week and just couldn't get used to the taste.. I tried using honey to sweeten it and really diluted it but it was still impossible for me to drink it without feeling sick.. I tried applying it topically too and saw no difference and it stunk up my bathroom... Oh well Im glad it worked for other people! Its worth a try...

by 123jojo on 10/10/2015 02:05
I have read the benefits of apple cider and coconut oil. I recommend you reading some info on cold pressed organic coconut oil.... It too is great for EVERYTHING. Maybe this could be for you :)
I had more pimples but less noticable after drinking acv.
Reviewed on August 17, 2015

After drinking ACV diluted with water, I had pimples and only 1-3 cyst acne on parts pn my face where I don't usually get it 😦 but it's not swelling red and it's kinda dry too. But do you think it's just my skin purging? Please I need answers immediately 😢😦

by Daniece on 08/17/2015 19:13
How long have you been trying it for?
by Tralisa on 11/18/2015 14:24
Definitely you skin purging
Miracle worker
Reviewed on August 3, 2015

I am 22. I struggled with cystic acne for over 5 years. Final started drinking organic acv twice a day for a month (1tbsp in the morning and 1 at night with water). Since then my skin has completely cleared up. I no longer need to drink it for clear skin which is why I call it my cure. Definitely recommend this to anyone struggling with acne. When topical treatments don't work you need an internal fix and drinking acv did the trick for me. Can't hurt to try it as it has other Heath benefits.

by 123jojo on 10/10/2015 02:06
by sundayfunday on 12/11/2015 18:00
How long did it take for your acne to start clearing up? Were you dieting or taking/doing anything else to help clear your skin?
AMAZING! IT'S A MIRACLE
Reviewed on July 15, 2015

I suddenly encountere dadult back and chest acne about 2 months ago. They started off about 5 or 6 pimples but continued to get worse and worse - im not sure what this was down to as my routine didnt change so I guess it was a sudden hormone imbalance. The doctor put me on tetracycline which made it even worse, i read about ACV on an online forum on acne.org and after trying everything else i thought i would give it a go!!! ITS A MIRACLE! I have only been using it around 3 days (1 tbsp diluted in water in the morning and the same at night), also diluted as a toner 1:1 and rubbed on acne morning and night followed by 5% benzolyn peroxide! WOW what amazing results my near 40+ spots on my back and chest have cleared almost fully (just a few blemishes to go)!

I had nearly given up hope of find a cure and my confidence was rock bottom. I can see the results happening in front of my eyes! I am going to continue drinking ACV as the health benefits are great. I am also cutting out dairy as this may also be an irritant for me.

I will tell anyone to try it! but be careful it is very drying and and could irritate sensitive skin if over used as a toner.

GIVE IT A GO!! GOOD LUCK!

SO GOOOD!!!
Reviewed on June 19, 2015

seriously. it works so well! im living in EU and i dont use this brand of ACV but another one. and i mixed it with water by 1:1 amount. it worked really really well and the fact that its natural and it balanced ur PH really satisfies me! I now try to avoid other harmful cosmetics! only a soft cleanser but the rest like moistoriser or acne treatment are all natural! 5 stars!

Safe for everyday and showing results
Reviewed on June 9, 2015

Hello. I'm a 26 year old female. I didnt start getting acne till I was about 20. and I get those huge cysts that take months to go away. antibiotics didnt help for long term. When I was 22 they put me on actutane and that worked combined with being on birth control. Within a year after actutane my acne was back. Birth control wasnt working either. Turned out after getting blood tested that I have too much male hormones. The medicine they wanted to give me sounded dangerous and I could only be on it for 6 months. I decided to take a more natural approach after finding out about my hormone imbalance. Eating clean did help, but its hard being super strict on your diet. Anytime I would get a flare up I felt like a failure. About 2 weeks ago I started mixing ACV and water before my meals and this has been the best my face has looked in awhile. I'm not completely rid of acne, but I have no more cysts. I have a few small pimples but those are easy to treat. I'm hoping after those go away I wont have anymore. The most promising sign is that I'm about to start my cycle in a few days and still havent seen any new blemishes. (I'm not on BC anymore) I know acne bacteria can linger for a few weeks but every day I see less and less blemishes. I hope after a month or two I can be rid of acne if I keep this up :)

by arcticbabe2006 on 07/28/2015 15:29
Your review is refreshing and gives me hope. I'm 39 and my hormones have been out of whack since i was a teen. No bc or supplements could balance them. I suffer terrible pms monthly...that last for weeks at a time, in reality i have maybe 1 week (barely) of "normalcy" a month. On top of all that, while my auntie suffers from celiac, i was recently dx with non-celiac gluten intolerance. My digestive system is just a mess. I've read countless articles and reviews regarding ACV helping immensely with this. I bought my first bottle of ACV yesterday and will be starting my first drink as i finish writing to you. I hope i'll get some relief as i've exhausted every other option. I just wanted to say Thank You.
by GoodlyCitizen on 09/11/2015 15:15
How's your skin ???
ACV is a Miracle Worker
Reviewed on April 26, 2015

I'm a 17 years old girl and I've always had clear skin with the occasional hormonal pimple. A few months ago, I started to get really bad cystic acne on my cheeks and chin. I felt horrible and I didn't want to go outside. I didn't want to put make up in either because it just made my face look dry and horrible. I tried so many different face washes and lotions but nothing helped and some actually made me break out worse. I felt like nothing was helping. Then about a week ago I came across a video on YouTube about how Apple Cider Vinegar helped cute acne. So I thought why not give it a shot. I started using the CeraVe facial cleanser twice a day and then apply Heinz ACV all over my face. I also would drink about 2 tbs with a tiny bit of water after breakfast and dinner. I stopped using lotion because I have naturally combo/oily skin and I felt that it helped reduce break outs but maybe that's just me. After about a week, I saw a huge change in my skin. I didn't get any new break outs and my scars were starting to fade. Hopefully after a month or so my skin will be clearer. I think the 2nd main thing that really helped my acne to clear up is competely cutting out sugar from my diet.

by Gabo20 on 06/11/2015 13:49
By completelycutting sugar from your diet you mean not even fruits?