Clearasil : Ultra Overnight Lotion

3.8
5 Reviews

Salicylic Acid (2%).

Other Ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Steareth-2, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-21, Dimethicone, Polyacrylamide, Phenoxyethanol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Hydroxide, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Laureth-7, Fragrance, Lavandula Stoechas Extract, Cistus Monspeliensis Extract, Helichrysum Italicum Extract, Methylparaben, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide.

20%
60%
20%

Used Clearasil : Ultra Overnight Lotion? Rate It:

Choose from 1 to 5 stars
January 12, 2012

Pros:

Seems to work well in the first couple of days

Cons:

Expensive
Not for sensitive skin

There are not many lotion that contains 2% salicylic acid in the market so I found this one quite interesting and gave it a try. After a first few days, it seemed to be working - my skin was moisturized and some of the zits seemed to be shrinking/less noticeable. HOWEVER, my skin didn't get any better. After a week of trying I realized my skin started to get really itchy after I washed my face but it kinda calmed down after I apply this lotion. And later on my skin is getting red on the cheek area. But I have no idea it was my skin's way to react to this lotion because every time I applied the lotion my skin didn't get itchy or anything. Later on I realized maybe my skin was too sensitive and it didn't like this lotion so I stopped. My skin kept getting worse though - the red patch didn't go away, my skin was still very itchy and it even started to peel off. After all I gotta go to see the dermatologist. Bottom line : This is just my own experience. This lotion might or might not work for your skin but I wouldn't recommend it if you have sensitive skin though :(