Cyclessa : Oral Contraceptive

Brand:
Reviews
3.8
117 Reviews

Desogestrel and ethinyl estradiol.

Three active dosing phases:
7 light yellow tablets
0.100 mg desogestrel (13-ethyl-11-methylene-18,19-dinor-17α -pregn-4-en-20-yn-17-ol) and 0.025 mg ethinyl estradiol (19-nor-17α -pregna-1,3,5(10)-trien-20-yne-3, 17-diol).

7 orange tablets
0.125 mg desogestrel and 0.025 mg ethinyl estradiol.

7 red tablets
0.150 mg desogestrel and 0.025 mg ethinyl estradiol.

Inactive ingredients:
vitamin E, pregelatinized starch, stearic acid, lactose monohydrate, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, polyethylene glycol, titanium dioxide, talc, yellow ferric oxide (in light yellow and orange tablets), and red ferric oxide (in orange and red tablets). Cyclessa ® (desogestrel ethinyl estradiol tablets).

7 green tablets
Lactose monohydrate, corn starch, magnesium stearate, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, polyethylene glycol, titanium dioxide, FD&C Blue No. 2 aluminum lake, yellow ferric oxide, and talc.

26.5%
41%
21.4%
8.5%
2.6%

Used Cyclessa : Oral Contraceptive? Rate It:

Choose from 1 to 5 stars
August 7, 2007

Pros:

IM NOT PREGNANT, and my boyfriend "goes" inside me almost every time...so it def works. Shorter perios d from before and not as heavy. Plus knowing exactly which day my period will start every month.

Cons:

Painful cramping first day of period, then its over for the rest of the week.

I love this birthcontrol. I never heard it helped acne before, so i cant really comment on that but my face seems pretty normal. Its small so its easy to take. Bottom line: Highly Recommend it =0)
This Was Helpful

5 user(s) found this helpful

August 7, 2007

Pros:

This form of birth control is fully effective. My period also comes every month instead of randomly.

Cons:

This pill causes me to feel very emotional & mood swingy. I have also agained 15 pounds & have experienced a yeast infection just about every month. I have also had frequent headaches as well as a decreased desire to do anything in general.

I hope to switch pills & I hope that some pill out there will work for me!
July 4, 2007

Pros:

Cons:

I have been so moody, and i have so many migranes

Im switching.
July 3, 2007

Pros:

My boobs got bigger

Cons:

i didnt want to have sex as much and my brests hurt. it says its supposed to help acne but mine has gotten worse and i have been moody

it makes you moody, your boobs hurt, and you dont want to have sex as much
June 18, 2007

Pros:

none

Cons:

I have been on this pill for a month now and the second week into , I got my period for two weeks. I feel it makes me moody and very tired. I am not sure if I am going to stay with this pill.

I do not like it.
This Was Helpful

3 user(s) found this helpful

June 18, 2007

Pros:

my boobs grew!

Cons:

my face broke out horribly, i gained weight, and i get awful headaches.

June 11, 2007

Pros:

well i just started taking it a few weeks ago but my skin looks great

Cons:

i've had my period for nine days and its still going

i don't really know if this is the best birth control to use
May 12, 2007

Pros:

you dont get pregnant

Cons:

i absoulutly hate it i broke out so bad i dont even have skin issues, my legs and abdominal area is sore and i feel sad

dont take any birth control you do not know what effect it is going to have later on in life. birth control is a new thing. they used to use opium, and they said ciggerettes cant hurt you, now we know its bad. same with birth control, it has not been around long enough to know the effects for the future. be natural. you cant always have your cake and eat it too...
May 12, 2007

Pros:

my breasts have been bigger due to being swollen

Cons:

i have always been really thin and week one of the pill i weighed 109 lbs. and exactly seven days later i weighed 115.5 lbs. for the first pack i started my period on the third row and the second pack i started on the second row.

Ive gotten irregular periods larger breats and extra weght!!
May 2, 2007

Pros:

bigger breasts (mainly because they were swollen)

Cons:

it made me moodier, caused my face to break out (i had never had acne before), made me bloated and gain weight

the first month was great, but after that, everything worsened and i stopped taking it because i gained so much water weight and got acne.