Honey Mask

Honey Mask Reviews

BEWARE

Honey is incredibly comedogenic (makes you break out to high heaven). Years ago I thought I had found the holy grail.. but I cannot express enough how bad this clogs your pores. I have had many estheticians, naturopath doctors, and chiropractors tell me the same (to my dismay at the time). Please don't stick this stuff on your skin. :C

Prevents breakouts & reduces humps

For me, this works great to prevent breakouts. Every day, and if I can 2 times a day I wet my face with warm water and put some regular honey on my face and let it rest for 30 minutes, after that I rinse it off with cold water. Haven't had a breakout since. It also reduces humps after ~3 days for me.

honey mask

I mix honey with some olive oil and use it as a mask. This works wonders for me, especially on the days where my skin is super oily yet also dehydrated and has flaky patches. Honey has many good properties: it is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, etc. I only use organic honey, which can be found at Trader Joes. After this mask has set on my face for about 15 minutes, I wash it off, and my skin is much brighter and smoother. :)

Comments

Raw Honey + Tea Tree Oil: Tips?

Hi, I've been looking recently into raw honey acne treatments and decided to buy a bottle of Nature Nate's Raw Honey (the American bees one), and was going to use it with tea tree oil from artnaturals. Is there anything I should know before I do this, and has anyone had any success with this kind of treatment? I don't suffer from severe breakouts - my acne is pretty consistent. I don't wear makeup and I've only ever tried Proactiv before but it made my face worse after I stopped using it. My face is kind of dry except for the "T-section" of my forehead and nose where it's a lot more oily. I mostly just have whiteheads and blackheads everywhere from my forehead to underneath my chin. Tips?

Its worth a shot!!

Hey! I have never posted anything on here, but I've finally found a remedy that works for me! I have been struggling with moderate acne for 4 years now. I have tried multiple antibiotics, and creams and nothing really had an impact on my skin. I have been using a retinoid cream for a year and a half now, and it has become less and less effective. So I decided to give the honey mask another shot. I tried it years ago and didn't notice a difference in my skin. But this time around, I bought the most expensive local raw honey I could find. Seriously, do not settle for cheap, processed honey, it will not have the full effect! I have been doing it for three days now, twice a day, leaving it on for 20 minutes in the morning and 30 min- 1 hour at night. After the first mask I noticed that my skin looked and felt healthier, my skin was neither dry nor oily, and for me and my combination skin that's a big deal. I have noticed fewer breakouts, and also putting raw honey on a zit after popping it seems to reduce the damage to the skin, as well as reducing inflammation. I cannot say that this mask will clear up your skin, but it seems to improve the skins overall texture and appearance, without making acne worse. I would recommend trying it for no more than 15-30 minutes and see how your skin reacts to it. Everyones skin is different so you may have better or worse results with this remedy, just be careful and be gentle on your skin. I hope this works for you! In case you're interested, the honey i've been using is made by YS Organic Bee Farms, 100% certified Organic Raw honey.

Didn't you post another review in 2015 that you crush garlic cloves twice a day and that worked for you??

Not sure

I am not sure wether this worked for me. My acne didn't get better or worse. It's just a mess applying and cleaning and I used it primarily because I have very dry, flaky skin and it is antibacterial so a good acne moisturizer. Unfortunately, raw honey and normal honey both failed in moisturizing my skin or eliminating my acne.

Honey-Cinnamon Mask

I tried using this mask treatment for my face since I've been betting a lot of bumps on my forehead and pimples here and there. Once i left the honey, cinnamon mixture for 15 minutes I rinsed my face and applied a toner. My face felt extremely hot and it turned tomato red and it still feels very warm and red, as If i got a sunburn. Is this suppose to happen? Please help!!!

For people with sensitive skin, that stuff can cause a bad reaction! Always test face masks on your wrist first and wait for a reaction before applying it to your face.
Your face most likely turned red because of the cinnamon
Don’t add the cinnamon powder next time. Just try pure honey!

Helps on a specific region of acne

I have extremely dry, sensitive skin and adult acne. Honey helps a very specific kind of acne for me. I get this large group of small pimples on my face by my ears that peroxide and other acne treatments have no effect on. Honey is the only thing that has helped them. However, honey hasn't had any effect on the large pimples I get on my forehead. It's like the pimples on by my ears are a different strain of bacteria that the honey specifically helps or something. I put raw honey (regular, not Manuka) on like a mask and leave it on for at least 30 minutes, but the longer the better.

Comments

This mask is bomb diggity and it won't break the bank

Make sure you're using pure raw honey, the one that looks thick, and mix it with lemon for better results. I apply it on my face 2-3 times a week for about 15-30 minutes, then I wash it off. Also make sure that you're using a good moisturizer afterwards because this mask might dry out your skin and also use a natural face wash. I use organic virgin coconut oil as a moisturizer, oh and it doesn't clog my pores. However, it helps cure with acne. As for face wash, I use Herbalism from Lush. It is a bit pricey but it works wonders.

Try Andalou face wash and toner for acne in the blue bottles and 1000 roses moisturizer for sensitive skin in the pink (I got the jar). They're reasonably inexpensive, natural (without the parabens, formaldehyde, etc.), smell good, and work! You can also buy them in stores and online.

Honey Cinnamon - Spot Treatment

Hi, I'm planning to use the Honey/Cinnamon combination as spot treatment. But I'd like to ask first if it is the Cinnamon oil or the powdered one? I already tried the skin test at the back of my hand for Cinnamon. It's been an hour and doesn't occur any allergic reactions. Is it safe to say that it wouldn't have any reactions on my face too? Sorry I'm being paranoid since the last time a had an allergic reaction to Etude Tea Tree Mask which literally burned and made my face dry and swollen for a week. Thanks, Sheila

Hi, I know that some of here had an allergic (Burning) reaction to cinnamon that's why I decided to just leave it on my face for just 30 min. I did it last night. After washing my face, I noticed immediately that it lessen the size of my big pimple but didn't see any dramatic changes with others. Then I used just the raw honey on my spots overnight. When I woke up, I added a little bit of my leftover Honey/Cinnamon on my spots, I washed my face then used honey mask all over my face while taking shower. After that I washed it off with warm water. I noticed that the skin around some of my spots are starting to peel. I think that's the use of cinnamon. It dries out the pimple. For honey, it made my skin so soft. No big changes for my acne but I'm willing to wait for the better :) It's been my 2nd day doing it and will definitely send an update next week.

Honey and Cinnamon as Spot Treatment

Pls help

I tried this in a desperate attempt to rid myself of acne but instead it doesn't do anything for my acne on my forehead and when I put it on my lip it just made them bigger. Now it's starting to affect my forehead but not in the good way. I almost always wake up with hair glued to my face. Any helpful suggestions?

Wash it off after at most 60 minutes
Try a large headband plus a ponytail so it doesn't catch your hair.

Manuka Honey

Manuka honey works great for reducing the appearance of scars and hyperpigmentation. By itself it's not enough to fight more severe acne, though. I tried it by itself for a month but didn't see a marked reduction in breakouts. It did, however, make my skin extra smooth and visibly reduced the redness and irritation. Now I use it in combination with an oral antibiotic and topical tretinoin cream. I put it on every night before bed for an hour and then gently wash it off with a face towel dabbed in hot water. It works great to soothe my skin after the harsh Retin-A treatment and my skin looks radiant the next morning and the acne scars are less visible. It's definitely a worthwhile add-on to any beauty regimen!

Too drying

I only left it on my skin for 5-10 minutes and it was fine until after I showered. Face looked and felt dry, and is dryer now today. Used raw organic filtered honey. Guess it just isn't for people with very sensitive skin.

This is my HG

Honey was what finally had some effect on my cystic acne. Nothing else worked and believe me I tried for 20 years. Antibiotics, BP, peels, you name it and I would have tried it. One application of just honey healed me like nothing else.

how often would you use it?

Truly a miracle mask

This mask is a miracle that I wish I had discovered it sooner! I had these acne scars on the down right side of my cheek and chin for like forever and no mask seemed to work but I tried that honey and cinnamon mask for two days straight and omG some of the scars were gone! So I'm gonna keep at it until all scars are gone. Of course for you guys with sensitive skin you wanna try a behind the ear patch first for the cinnamon cuz u might react to it . Thank God for honey and cinnamon <3

What kind of scars did you have?

It worked for me perfectly!!

This is working great for me!! I encourage everyone to try it and see how it acts on them, but I have to say that for me it worked perfectly, in about 1 week or so almost all my redness and spots have dissappeared. However I have been using this mask the following way: Appl mask for 1 hour (Makuna honey & Cinnamon), clean and rinse off, apply the mask again right away for another hour rinse off and let your skin rest for 1 hour. And keep repeating this as many times as you want (or can) during the day. I have been doing this about 5/6 times a day for a week and it has been absolutely great! Also not eating any sugars/fats which makes me breakout! Hope this works for you! :) Good luck! (MAKUNA HONEY & GROUND CINNAMON)

you must have alot of time on your hands if u can do this 5/6 times a day :)

Danger of yeast infection!

Using honey on the body is very dangerous because its sugar promotes yeast infections. In concentrated form, the hydrogen peroxide keeps away yeast, but this no longer holds in diluted form. I used to use honey and caught a yeast/candida infection that caused severe pain when working in climatized (dry) air, because the eyes were so dry and sensitive. It tooks months to find a cure and weeks of external Aspirin treatment to heal. NOT recommended.

My holy grail

I use local pure, unfiltered honey that crystallizes at room temp. If you need to warm it up to use just use your body heat to do so as heating in microwave can denature it too much. I put it on my dry face and leave it on for about an hr (can go longer if you want). when I'm ready to take it off I rub my skin in circular motions then I add Luke warm water to take it off. It comes off super easy. Make sure you wash it all off bc if you have some left on skin it can clog your pores (some people use a gentle cleanser afterwards but I don't think it's necessary). I air dry my face and then put on moisturizer (this is a MUST). My skin feels so soft and glowing afterwards. My acne pimples and scars are smaller and fade over time. AND my makeup goes on a lot smoother. I do this once a week. Pure local, unfiltered honey or Manaka honey is the key to seeing results with this.

great exfoliater

ok, so I went through a phase of trying to switch to natural remedies for my skin. I am a loooooooong time benzoyl peroxide user....proactive, clean and clear, the regimen, etc. i thibk my skin is damaged and simply needs it at this point. anyway, I used organic raw unfiltered local honey as a cleanser for a bit. I noticed my skin was hydrated and bright. it is very soothing, though you need to be gentle if it's unfiltered or you'll scrub yourself raw (done it.). it didn't really keep my breakouts at bay but honestly nothing has long term. I would recommend this as a healing mask occasionally or to use weekly as an exfoliater.