Glycolic Acid Peel

5.2%

Used Glycolic Acid Peel? Rate It:

Choose from 1 to 5 stars
August 22, 2008

Pros:

made my skin look refreshed-smooth and shiny.

Cons:

i did a professional peel, so it was $70, and it was recommended every other month for best results. made my skin very sensitive to sun

youthful skin, give it a chance. home remedies always are "ify" because you are not a dermatologist. You have no idea, even if it says on the box, what you actually have purchased and the best way to use it.

3 user(s) found this helpful

August 7, 2008

Pros:

It improves skin tone, clears up acne, smooths out wrinkles and reduce pore sizes.

Cons:

It tingles.

After I had my son, my skin broke out really bad because of my hormones. I did take some medication to help with the acne, but unfortunately I still had uneven skin tone and small acne still popping up. I bought some glyoolic peels and used them for 6 weeks. I was amazed! I loved it!

7 user(s) found this helpful

May 31, 2008

Pros:

I have experienced noticable improvement in my complextion. Smaller pores fine lines have begun to fade and my skin is smoother and more firm.

Cons:

The peels are done at one week intervals and for three days after applying your skin doesnt look so great. So for three days out of seven your complection is worse.

I have done a total of 4 peels. Two at 30% and two at50% at one week intervals. I plan on doing 3 more. I have seen such an improvement in my skin. I also have been applying a copper peptide night cream after the peels and think this is beneficial, as well as applying hayluronic acid lotion and spf 70 sunscreen before leaving the house in the morning. I work outdoors and live in FL and unfortunatley did not make an effort to protect my skin for any years. However these peels are proving its never to late and they actually can still repair and restore my skin.

13 user(s) found this helpful

May 21, 2008

Pros:

dead skin peeled off, for a more radiant even toned complexion

Cons:

kind of expensive but totally worth it

I only had 1 peel so far and i notice the difference already...i was using proactiv before which made my skin sooo dry and flacky just gross ...so i got the peel it even my skin right up right away, also i use a glycolic acid cleanser and exfoliate and lovee the results and its only been a couple of weeks if even a couple:-)

1 user(s) found this helpful

May 14, 2008

Pros:

over a couple weeks, hyperpigmentation marks will lighten. skin will be smoother.

Cons:

possible burning of pimples, red skin for a while, possible inflamation.

i've been using this product for 3 years (however, i stopped for almost a year in between). It really helped me with my red marks. i recently started using it again after my skin got worse, and i must have left it on too long because my forehead was so inflammed the next day. i burned my forehead and there was a bunch of scabs and bumps. but it went away in a couple days and the marks healed. this stuff is usually the only thing that really helps me with my red marks but there must be great precaution! try not to put the glycolic peel on whiteheads or it may burn and leave a scab. make sure to take it slow at first. do not go past the recommended time to keep the peel on. i would also apply the peel last on the forehead since that tends to have thinner skin. if done correctly, it can work wonders!

10 user(s) found this helpful

April 18, 2008

Pros:

My skin is more even-toned, smoother skin, cleared up most of my adult acne.

Cons:

Drying, temporary burning after washing off the glycolic acid.

I use a 50% Glycolic acid peel. I do a peel once a week and I'm getting a lot of compliments about my complexion. The only pet peeve I have about the glycolic peel is the burning sensation I experience right after I wash off the glycolic acid. I usually stick my head in the freezer to minimize the burning sensation!

13 user(s) found this helpful

April 13, 2008

Pros:

clears up skin, lightens scars, makes it less oily, makes skin smoother..you actually see ur skin lightly peeling, which indicates that the scarred, dull skin is peeling off

Cons:

dries up face (not really a problem->use moisterizer)

i am using this product biweekly and have already done 2 treatments in 3 weeks. in the 1st treatment, it was great. my face was less oilier. 2 days later, i had breakouts on my forehead of the pimples that were under my skin, which is good..its cleared my skin from the inside. 4 days later my skin had dry blotches that were peeling off. about 1 week later, the scars were ALITTLE lighter. my skin felt like a babys skin, not that it was rough to begin with but it just felt alot smoother and baby feeling. my second peeling, was good. i started noticing my scars slightly fading like 5 days later. not much difference, theyre still there but its a start. theyre continuing to fade as the old skin peels off. its alot better than using fading creams that take approx 6 weeks to see results!

9 user(s) found this helpful

April 9, 2008

Pros:

Sheds the yucky layers of skin

Cons:

Breakout, breakout, breakout!! Scaling of skin, too.

I've done peels for about 10 years - always under the care of a dr. I recently got an *at-home* one (Gly-Derm) from my dermo, and I broke out insanely. I look like a 14-year-old boy entering puberty. It's crazy - I am 31. My advice is to use caution w/ the peels. Now I have MORE red spots b/c of the breakout. I've got to get rid of them now. PAIN!

5 user(s) found this helpful

April 9, 2008

Pros:

It really helps

Cons:

Can be greasy

I have no more red marks!
March 19, 2008

Pros:

Cheap and the possible results are apeeling

Cons:

made my skin erupt bad!!!!!! had a couple blemishes,and then the peel caused a reaction and developed clusters of cysts

I did alot of research before i did a 10% lotion peel all natural saw alot of good results from others.It must have brought out alot of junk but it did not agree with me at all,it took 3 months for my skin to recover but it looks much better now.All I can say is dont mess with your skin too much since ive left it alone and wash only once a day i am almost crystal clear,i will deal with one to two blemishes anyday compared to that mess

9 user(s) found this helpful