Aspirin Mask

3.4%

Used Aspirin Mask? Rate It:

Choose from 1 to 5 stars
January 4, 2007

Pros:

Makes skin soft, tightens pores, dries out oil, helps zits dry up and fades redness, CHEAP!

Cons:

Dries out skin if used often, makes me sneeze so I can't leave it on long, has to be used quite often to keep skin clear.

Nice addition to routine, I was using it about 4-5 nights a week and it made my skin dry and flakey even with tons of moisturizer. I was then using it as an over night spot treatment and it worked the first couple of nights but then did nothing after awhile. I now use it as a face mask about 1-2 times a week and that is all that is needed. No miracle cure, but helps to keep my skin clearer than normal. If you feel a big zit coming on you can leave it on overnight to help dry it out.
December 31, 2006

Pros:

Works wonders

Cons:

none yet

This rocked! I've been alternating from the egg mask and the aspirin mask and my skin has been beautiful! I'm shocked and amazed. Everyday I use the egg in the morning. After I wipe the egg off of my face I do a literal sugar scrub. I take normal granulated sugar and use it as an exfoliater. Then after I use a little bit of lemon juice as a "toner". I've been wanting to try honey,egg and sugar for a facial scrub...any ideas? Then at night I do the aspirin mask and mush 5-10 tables and mix with water. Then I add a little bit of lemon juice and sugar and as I apply I use a little bit of pressure. My face feels amazing!
November 6, 2006

Pros:

cheap & convenient

Cons:

potentially abrasive

Stupid me - I popped a HUGE painful whitehead on my lower cheek last night. I ended up doing some minor surgery when I discovered a SECOND smaller whitehead inside it, so needless to say this zit turned into a flaming red open wound on my face. 3% hydrogen peroxide turned the whole thing WHITE which looked even worse, so I scratched it off and slathered it in neosporin. By morning, there was a black scab on top of it. Tonight I smashed up 10 uncoated aspirin tablets and used just a few drops of water, leaving it on for 30 minutes. Umm - WOW. The wound, which had closed halfway during the day today, is now completely closed, but no scabbing whatsoever. It HEALED. The redness faded DRAMATICALLY - it is now less red than some of my healing scars. It looks like a measley pink mark on my face - it's unbelievable that this was a huge open crater just hours ago. I cannot believe the difference this has made. My skin feels insanely soft and my pores are invisible. Try this.
This Was Helpful