Manuka Honey Reviews

Manuka Honey

Patience and this will WORK!!

I'm a 26 year old male with mild/moderate acne. I NEVER ever write reviews because products are never black or white. Everyone's acne is so different that it's hard to generalize and assure something will work. Except for this. Manuka Honey. Holy sh@I!! So Im someone who's had acne since I was 15 Never horrible but consistent enough that it's seems ever present in my life. Recently, however, I experienced a breakout like no other. Cysts, nodules, Whitehead's. They didn't all come at ones but in waves So some would clear up after weeks and others would come. Demoralizing to say the least I always used a BP face wash and spot treatment that seemed to control my face for years. But not this breakout. My skin was over drying, acne on my jawline and cheeks. I had enough and went on a mission to find something different. I stumbled onto Manuka Honey. Never heard of it. Never used natural products. Never even gave it a thought. But the reviews were so good I took a shot in the dark and Im glad I did. So onto the Manuka Honey I used Steens Manuka Honey umf 15 I used it as a mask daily morning and night after cleansing my face with my regular bp cleanser. I just applied the honey on dry face with nothing added and left it for an hour. washed it away and would dab and use it as spot treatment after washing. First week I 'purged'� But I'm talking about 3-4 Whiteheads that cleared up in a matter of days. I kept at it and it is now week 2. Every single one of my cysts (there were 3) are deflated...never came to a head but no longer painful and can barely see them. Whitehead's and nodules came to a head 10x faster than ever!!! Two days and pimples were out. I'm not 100% clear but it's night and day And it's all Manuka Honey. Seriously. No bs Exfoliate and keep a cleanser that you like but use it as a mask and especially as a spot treatment and you won't regret it! It's amazing And people. Change your diets. It's also crucial. Find what affects you and avoid it. For me it's sugar. Find your kryptonite But Manuka Honey is the real deal. It's natural and it's soothing. It moisturizes your skin and leaves it soft and clean!! And this is coming from a dude. Haha Try it out guys and be patient with it

Comments

Used once, can already see a change

Since I hit 20 I've had mild - moderate acne and it has always made me feel quite depressed and constantly self conscious. In my head I feel like people look at me and think "she would be quite pretty if she didn't have red boils on her cheeks"...people probably don't actually think this as often as I think they do, but it still brings down my self esteem. I have a boyfriend and he tells me how lovely and pretty I am all the time, but it's just a personal opinion of my own that I feel ugly. I think it has turned into a obsession. I've used so many different products, but I can tell it's obviously hormonal, as since I began to get spotty on my cheeks, I noticed light blue hairs on my sideburns, not obvious, but I go to the gym and work in a bar so can get sweaty and I think the dirt gets trapped in the hairs, then into my pores leading to angry red bumps, a few being quite large. I've used Manuka honey 10 with oats overnight, I've woken up and can see a change! It's annoying sleeping in the mask but I'm willing to do it if it keeps them at bay. Right now I have it mixed with lemon and turmeric as a spot on treatment and will probably do it again tonight, the face mask only a could or times a week. I want to include be benzoyl peroxide but a lot less then I was before, as I kept applying it maybe 3-4 times a day and it made it better at first but then just made it angrier! But pleaee try Manuka Honey, one use and it is probably the best thing I have used since last year, other than benzoyl peroxide. I have very sensitive skin. Look into natural remedies rather that acne fighting ones, people with acne, women mostly have very soft sensitive skin, especially if you're pale like me! I've used the wrong products my whole life, strong alcohol and fragrances that have made it all worse! Aloe Vera is also a good one for scars or just general very red spots!

WTT

Use with caution pls.

I am a guy and tried applying Manuka Honey on face between 5-10 times. Tried it because during certain periods of time, my face has dry and out of curiosity i tried it instead of chemical men facial wash. Manuka honey will make your face very smooth and white easily. However, after long usage, you will realize that will you have a different tone of skin color from your body and this is irreversible( even after 3 years, i do not use any facial wash except for normal soap). Honest opinion, not recommended for guys to use as you will be mistaken for the gay impression look by people after several usage; because of the smooth and white skin. Perhaps 1 or twice with little spread.

Comments

Manuka Honey will change your acne life!!! (if you know how to use it right)

I have struggled with mild to moderate acne off and on for years now. In high school my dad sent me to an Acne Clinic, even though my acne wasnt even bad at the time, which worked but I hated taking the Vitamin A Acid prescription they gave me because it made my skin peel and it felt dry. Plus my dermatologist told me to not moisturize my face, only put on sun screen, which I disagreed with cuz that made my skin even more dry. Plus it was expensive. So long story short, I stopped going. Recently I have had an acne spike, I believe it had to do with my switch in birth control to the 'progestin only pill' (the combination pill is what helps acne) which is said to make acne symptoms worse. However, Manuka honey seemed to subside my acne in a very short time, instead of going to a dermatologist and spending lots of money, I used manuka honey (along with others things) to help my skin. I have used manuka honey as a mask for a while, but that seemed to not work that well for me. Once I started using it as a spot treatment overnight, that is when I saw a change in my skin. I was against using it as a spot treatment for a while because I didnt want to ruin my sheets with honey, but I decided to try it and wrap gauze over the affected area to prevent it from getting on my sheets WHICH WORKED!!!! this brought down my acne drastically in just 2 DAYS!!!! however, my acne was moderate so if you have severe acne it might take a little longer to show results. Also, if you care about the other products I used along with the manuka honey, these are the following products I use and stand by (all natural btw): sulfur soap, rosehip seed oil, and shea butter. I also used clean and clear acne spot treatment which works good aswell but I think I might switch that out with manuka honey. The sulfur soap really removes dirt and kills bacteria, the rosehip oil acts like Vitamin A Acid (Retin A) without the peelings which I use at night, and the shea butter I use as a morning moisturizer which makes skin even and protects it from the sun. I abide by these products, they really do the job without the harsh chemical aspect.

Comments

Saved me so much stress, and helped with epiduo

This is the first, and probably only review, i'll do on here. I used to have the odd spot as a teen (i'm now 23), yet recently I have suffered with persitent and terribly frustrating acne. I went to Ghana for three months where I took doxycycline daily as an anti-malarial, this cleared my skin up completely! Sadly, when I got back I got very sunburnt and developed a rash under the skin along my forehead - still a mystery (derm says its 'probably' keratosis pilaris - and then the acne crept back, with a vengeance. To shorten things down, i've never had acne as bad as i've had it recently. I'd been through zinaryt with mixed success, a doctor prescribed me differin, but I didn't use it because of photosensitivity (I thought my forehead rash was from the sun), and I am now on Lymecycline and Epiduo, previously just Lymecycline. If like me, you get stressed and can struggle with your confidence due to bad skin, I strongly reccommend Manuka honey. I confess, I often pick spots - bad idea - yet, when I have broken skin or telling red marks, manuka honey heals them sooooo quickly. Furthermore, I do a manuka honey facemask which makes my skin super soft, less inflamed, and effectively diminishes my blackheads (as well as healing broken skin). It is also great for fighting off colds, trust me (i'm a natural sceptic!). To conclude, Maunka honey has saved me so much stress. You know the feeling when you've picked a spot you shouldn't have and are worried it will be terrible the next day - apply Manuka and you worry not. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't cure acne, but using a little on top of spots or scratches, and occassionally as a mask is a great method! I use UMF 20+. PS. Sudocrem is also great for helping skin to heal. Best of luck, I know only too well, of late, how depressing acne can be, but often the stress derives from my own obsession; most people have either been through and empathise, are mature and don't care, or, often, don't notice as much as our anxious selves would expect! x

Healing and Moisturizing.

I love using this as a mask 1-2 times per week. It is super calming and moisturizing, so it's great if your skin is feeling extra red/inflamed. It helps to calm down angry spots and leaves my skin feeling nourished, plus it tastes good if you accidentally get it in your mouth. Honey is renowned for it's anti-inflammatory/antibacterial properties and is great for acne-prone skin. It's definitely a more gentle mask as opposed to a deep-clean mask, and can thus be used multiple times a week if you want and can be left on for longer periods of time. For a deeper clean, I use a LUSH mask once or twice a week.

The Best Cure for Scars and Active Acne

Manuka honey (the stronger the better) is a little miracle worker for my skin! Regular raw honey is also very good for skin care but it will not come even close with Manuka regarding the fast healing benefits and acne controlling properties. I've suffered from moderate cystic/hormonal acne for the past 6 years. I've gone through expensive treatments regularly in the salon and used so many products to help keep my skin clear but nothing has really helped me since now. I've been using +15 Active and Raw Manuka Honey for two weeks and I can already see so much improvements in my skin! The dry patches are gone, my skin is moisturised and plump, my oilyness is much reduced and my old scars are beginning to fade very fast. Also the breakouts are not so painful and long-lasting as they used to be, they also heal very quickly! I use Raw and Active Manuka Honey every day on my skin as a mask for at least 20 minutes. Sometimes I use it even longer if I have the time. It is truely a miracle worker for me and I will definitely keep it in my skin care regimen for now on! I am so impressed and so in love with this stuff! If you decide to use Manuka make sure to use ACTIVE and RAW honey from New Zeland and to put in on clean and damp face to reap all the goodliness it has to offer! May the force (of Manuka) be with you!

May I ask which brand of honey you use please
Hi, I used Y.S. Eco Bee Farms, Raw Manuka Honey, Active 15+, 12 oz (340 g). It is very good! I bought mine from [link removed] with $23.75. If you want a 10% discount use this code at the check out: FCM442
I was about to say I bought mine from iherb (dot) com :)
Do you also use a moisturizer? If so what brand?

Manuka magic

Manuka honey is amazing, I use this stuff all the time. I come home, take off my make up, slap on a layer of this stuff and leave it sit for hours. It calms my skin right down, if I have an active and aggravated breakout, it will be a lot less inflamed after applying this. I won't say its a cure for acne, but it definitely helps to calm the skin down and gives a beautiful natural glow. You can also mix with coconut oil, avocado, cinnamon and lots of other fun things.

Not good for my skin.

I have tried manuka honey twice, both at different ages in my life, and both times it has broken me out. Granted, I used it as a cleanser so I am talking about its cleansing properties. Manuka honey has amazing antibacterial properties so I understand why it will work for some people, I just wish that it worked for me. I am giving it 3 stars though, because it really helps your skin look less red, and is an excellent moisturizer. But it broke me out, which wasn't what I wanted it to do at all.

I used honey as a cleanser and it broke me out, would never do that again. But using Manuka honey as a spot treatments on breakouts or red spots is seriously the best

Amazing!

I have had moderate acne for 7 years. I've tried everything for my skin from over the counter to various doctor prescribed pills and creams! Most ended up drying out my skin horribly, as well as hardly reducing the acne I had if not making it worse and just left me frustrated. I decided to give Manuka honey a try about 2-3 weeks ago after reading about the success so many people had. Of course I was skeptical, I mean when I say I have tried everything I've tried EVERYTHING, and I hardly believed something like honey would clear my face. I started using the honey as a one hour face mask everyday with spot treatment on formed/forming pimples overnight. The first few days all I really noticed was a slight decrease in inflammation of the acne I had and my face felt more hydrated and was way less flakey. Around day 4-5 I broke out quite a bit. At this point I thought here we go another failed attempt. However I continued using it vowing to at least give it 10 days. I'm now on week two and a half and my face has NEVER looked better !!!! I have not ONE single pimple and the pimples that formed after the initial breakout cleared up within a few days rather than weeks! My skin tone is more even, it looks so healthy and the few red spots you have left over after a pimple goes away are starting to fade. My skin is not dry, not irritated and has NO new zits forming! It even worked on the occasional cysts I get that normally take a month to clear up, reducing it to nothing but a red mark within 5 days! I have even gotten compliments on how good my skin looks which for me is crazy! I'm hardly ever impressed by anything I use on my skin but this impressed me so much I just had to share! I'm even considering going out without face makeup on I love my skin so much now! Highly recommend giving it a try, after all what do you have to lose! Make sure you give it time to work, you most likely won't see immediate results!

Which brand of honey do you use?
I use Wedderspoon with a Kfactor of 16+ it has worked great for me!

Heals

I use Pure Gold Manuka Honey 18 + - What I do is in the evening I put it on a problem area on my face and I leave it on for maybe half an hour and then I get a towel with warm water and gently dab it on my face. The results are extraordinary. First of all it leaves the skin moisturised and soft second of all it removes redness. I had a spot on my chin which was really annoying me I slept with Manuka honey on it and the next morning it went down dramatically. I definitely recommend this.

Finally something that really worked for my skin!

I have struggled with moderate acne for more than 15 years. I started acne.org regimen a few years ago and for two years it was working well and cleared my skin but suddenly my skin became allergic to benzyl peroxide, I had red, dry, itchy skin and nothing seemed to help. So I stopped using peroxide and along with acne I had to deal with itchy red spots on my skin that would not heal. I tries honey mask before, but when I read good reviews about manuka honey I decided to give it a try, never thought it will be very effective. I started using it as a mask for about two hours every night. I have only been using it for one week and OMG already I see A LOT of inprovement! My skin looks much more clear, my complexion is improved a lot, I have fewer pimples than I had for a lomg time, and my Tzone is much less shiny-oily than before. Along with that it has helped with red itchy spots on my face, they got smaller, less dry and itchy and one of them has almost disappeared. Of course I am continuing to use and hoping for even more good results with time. I'm so impressed already and suggest you give it a try too. Just a few more details: I use manuka honey from wedderspoon, I wash my face with acne.org cleanser morning and night, at nights after washin I put manuka honey on my face for two hours or more and after rinsing follow with acne.org moosturizer. In mornings I only wash and apply moisturizer.

Simple, natural and effective

This has been so amazing for my skin, I use about 1/2 tsp of manuka honey in the mornings with wet hands and face. I massage it in for about one minute then rinse. My face feels clean, and moisturized. In the evening I use only olive oil, about 1 tsp massaged into a dry face. This will work so so well removing makeup. I then use a hot face cloth to gently wipe off the excess oil. Both of these treatments are anti microbial and the oil helps to tame the over production of sebum naturally! I use nothing else on my face. Believe me, I have tried it all!

My skin tends to get clogged pores easily (blackheads, whiteheads, etc.). I really want to try all natural products and I have literally tried everything as well. I see that olive oil has a comedogenic rating of 2, which is moderate to low, but I'm still worried it will break me out more. :(

Perfect Post-Picking Spot Treatment

In my personal experience I have found Manuka Honey to be a very healing spot treatment. This is the way I use it: If I have squeezed at a pimple (which I am trying very hard to NEVER do, but you know, sometimes you can't resist) and am left with a scab or a wound of some sort as a result, I will dab a little Manuka Honey (I use the Rowse brand NPA 10+) over the area with a clean Q-tip and leave it on for as long as possible (Anything from an hour to all day.) Then before bed I will gently wipe away the Manuka Honey with a damp cotton pad. I have found that this method is very healing to wounds created by popping and picking at pimples. I also believe that the moisturising and antibacterial properties are beneficial to existing pimples. However, as an all over mask, I have not had success with Manuka Honey. For whatever reason, it is a little to much for my skin to handle. After I have used a Manuka mask I will almost always have a small breakout in the coming days. This may be due to some sort of "purging" but I have had enough experiences of purging processes in my lifetime to want to stick out another one! So all in all, Manuka Honey is fantastic as a spot treatment, but for me personally, it is not suitable as an all over mask.

Definitely worth trying!

Manuka honey is one of my favorite go-to remedies for a whole host of skin issues. Look for the type that is "Active 16+" as this indicates it is very beneficial on calming inflammation and promoting antibacterial activity. Manuka honey works great as a weekly face mask. To use it this way, apply a warm cloth to the face for about a minute to open pores, then spread about a tablespoon of the honey around the entire face. Leave it on at least 15 minutes or longer, an hour or more is even better. It is very sticky as honey is that way, but it will rinse off easily. It works really well as an overnight pimple spot treatment. To use it this way, apply a small amount to cover the pimple, then put a small bandaid over the area. The bandaid will keep the honey in contact with the skin and prevent it from making a sticky mess on your bedding. I have found that the overnight treatment significantly reduces swelling and redness and speeds up the healing process.

Comments

No miracle, but definitely helps!

This is the best thing I have found recently for cystic acne. After doing research I found that cystic acne is really a clue to whats going on INSIDE your body mainly digestion, and showing up on your face. Doing some research into this, I can see why it poses so many benefits. I tried it on 5 cystic f'ers on my chin. The older ones decreased in redness and a little in size from one day (i spot treated for probably 3 hours with a mixture of manuka, cinnamon, turmeric, and nutmeg). The newest pimple that had arrived that morning came to a head by the evening. I was amazed... normally it takes like a week for a cystic pimple to even come a head but by night, there was a white head. I did an all over pain manuka mask tonight and then spot treated with the extra powered mixture. it seems to really heal them better too. Its not a miracle worker- you can't put it on and expect the huge pimples to be gone. But what I did notice different than any other medication was that it brought it to a head faster, therefore decreasing the time from breakout-healing.

My little jar of magic

Wow. Where has this been all my life? Manuka honey is like pure gold to me now and i'm so glad i decided to buy it. The cost is a little off putting but it is a miracle worker and i love love love iiit! I apply it all over my face and leave it for 20 minutes before washing it off with luke warm water and it leaves my skin soft, hydrated and glowing and that is something i never thought i'd say because of my terrible acne prone skin but after using this mask twice a week for over 6 months it has really improved my skin tone and i am forever grateful for that. My little pot of magic i swear.

Comments

not a cure, but helpful!

reduced inflammation reduced pain throughout day non drying sticky! (obviously) can be on the pricey side I have only been using it for a little while, and from the views was expecting more of a miracle than I probably should have. I applied it as an all over face mask several times over a week or two, left on for at least an hour each time. It did leave me nicely hydrated, but I noticed no magical difference. HOWEVER when I tried applying the honey as an overnight spot treatment, covered with a bandaid, it did seem to greatly help in taking down pain, inflammation and redness. So, not a silver bullet, but it is beautifully gentle on my highly sensitive skin, and does seem to help keep the breakouts from getting too nasty.

AMAZING!

Very Effective Fast Tasty none I had a recent break out that was horrible! I picked at it and my skin was scabbed beyond belief. I was desperate and decided to try this after seeing the good reviews everywhere. I healed my scabs. Took away any pimples, reduced redness, and those pesky marks you get after popping them.

how you use it?

Manuka honey-the best thing ever!

Reduces acne Easy to use Natural Sticky I started using manuka honey about a week ago, factor 22 every night thinly on my face and small spoon oraly every second day. And after years dealing with moderate acne my face is nearly clear. I have not had any nasty spot from the moment I started and just few blackheads left. My skin colour evened and I feel no itchiness at all. Amazing stuff!

HOLY GRAIL.

Sensitive Effective Natural Sticky (but no matter - it works!) When I use this as a mask (sometimes even overnight) and rinse it off I am the giddiest girl ever! It helps with dark marks, helps heal current acne, and makes your skin glow. I don't know how I ever lived without it to be honest. I use it once or twice a week.

Guest Kam
Guest Kam

super gentle natural effective $$$ sticky I recently threw out all of my commercial products. This included about $300+ of product. Okay, I didnt really throw it all out. I just shoved it away for a while so I wouldnt be tempted to use it. So I use manuka honey on my acne prone areas for about 30 minutes a day, and follow up with jojoba oil and tea tree oil on my acne prone areas. My skin has never looked better. If you are looking for a holistic approach, at least try it. As of today I have no active acne. This was my saviour.

Hi Kam. I am wanting to go that route, I am having trouble finding exact what kinda of manuka honey i want or jojoba oil and tea tree oil. Maybe you could point me in the right direction.
I have been looking everywhere for manuka honey and tea tree and jojoba or coconut oil and I just had to ask you so i made this account,
Hi Romandee12345, I've found my Manuka honey at Whole Food or you can order it on Amazon / Ebay. I love this stuff!
Guest Ella
Guest Ella

*Natural *Gentle *Moisturizing *Broke me out a ton *sticky *expensive *can't return I was having a mild breakout from coming off of my acne meds, just some around my mouth an chin. I read that manuka honey would help heal it, so I bought it off amazon. I used it for about a week and I broke out in places I never breakout. I had small itchy bumps all over my forehead and nose and cysts around my nose and jaw and white heads everywhere in-between. It was awful. I do not recommend. I am now using aztec healing clay with apple cider vinegar as a cleanser and its great!

Popular Household/Natural