Honey Mask reviews

4.3/5 - 570 reviews

honey mask
Reviewed on September 16, 2017

I mix honey with some olive oil and use it as a mask.

This works wonders for me, especially on the days where my skin is super oily yet also dehydrated and has flaky patches. Honey has many good properties: it is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, etc.

I only use organic honey, which can be found at Trader Joes.

After this mask has set on my face for about 15 minutes, I wash it off, and my skin is much brighter and smoother. :)

Raw Honey + Tea Tree Oil: Tips?
Reviewed on August 29, 2017

Hi, I've been looking recently into raw honey acne treatments and decided to buy a bottle of Nature Nate's Raw Honey (the American bees one), and was going to use it with tea tree oil from artnaturals.

Is there anything I should know before I do this, and has anyone had any success with this kind of treatment?

I don't suffer from severe breakouts - my acne is pretty consistent. I don't wear makeup and I've only ever tried Proactiv before but it made my face worse after I stopped using it. My face is kind of dry except for the "T-section" of my forehead and nose where it's a lot more oily. I mostly just have whiteheads and blackheads everywhere from my forehead to underneath my chin.

Tips?

Its worth a shot!!
Reviewed on July 27, 2017

Hey! I have never posted anything on here, but I've finally found a remedy that works for me! I have been struggling with moderate acne for 4 years now. I have tried multiple antibiotics, and creams and nothing really had an impact on my skin. I have been using a retinoid cream for a year and a half now, and it has become less and less effective. So I decided to give the honey mask another shot. I tried it years ago and didn't notice a difference in my skin. But this time around, I bought the most expensive local raw honey I could find. Seriously, do not settle for cheap, processed honey, it will not have the full effect!

I have been doing it for three days now, twice a day, leaving it on for 20 minutes in the morning and 30 min- 1 hour at night. After the first mask I noticed that my skin looked and felt healthier, my skin was neither dry nor oily, and for me and my combination skin that's a big deal. I have noticed fewer breakouts, and also putting raw honey on a zit after popping it seems to reduce the damage to the skin, as well as reducing inflammation. I cannot say that this mask will clear up your skin, but it seems to improve the skins overall texture and appearance, without making acne worse. I would recommend trying it for no more than 15-30 minutes and see how your skin reacts to it. Everyones skin is different so you may have better or worse results with this remedy, just be careful and be gentle on your skin. I hope this works for you!

In case you're interested, the honey i've been using is made by YS Organic Bee Farms, 100% certified Organic Raw honey.

by IronicFelix on 08/29/2017 12:32
Didn't you post another review in 2015 that you crush garlic cloves twice a day and that worked for you??
Not sure
Reviewed on June 26, 2017

I am not sure wether this worked for me. My acne didn't get better or worse. It's just a mess applying and cleaning and I used it primarily because I have very dry, flaky skin and it is antibacterial so a good acne moisturizer. Unfortunately, raw honey and normal honey both failed in moisturizing my skin or eliminating my acne.

Honey-Cinnamon Mask
Reviewed on May 12, 2017

I tried using this mask treatment for my face since I've been betting a lot of bumps on my forehead and pimples here and there. Once i left the honey, cinnamon mixture for 15 minutes I rinsed my face and applied a toner. My face felt extremely hot and it turned tomato red and it still feels very warm and red, as If i got a sunburn. Is this suppose to happen? Please help!!!

by emilyaryasmith on 05/31/2017 00:51
For people with sensitive skin, that stuff can cause a bad reaction! Always test face masks on your wrist first and wait for a reaction before applying it to your face.
by tryingtohealmyacne on 08/08/2017 00:55
Your face most likely turned red because of the cinnamon
Helps on a specific region of acne
Reviewed on May 9, 2017

I have extremely dry, sensitive skin and adult acne. Honey helps a very specific kind of acne for me. I get this large group of small pimples on my face by my ears that peroxide and other acne treatments have no effect on. Honey is the only thing that has helped them. However, honey hasn't had any effect on the large pimples I get on my forehead. It's like the pimples on by my ears are a different strain of bacteria that the honey specifically helps or something. I put raw honey (regular, not Manuka) on like a mask and leave it on for at least 30 minutes, but the longer the better.

tomato face
Reviewed on May 4, 2017

After a honey and cinnamon mask my face was so red! I did apply the mask all over. So I feel like it will work if you did a spot treatment, but make sure you don't leave it on for too long.

by tryingtohealmyacne on 08/08/2017 00:56
You should never put cinnamon on your face
This mask is bomb diggity and it won't break the bank
Reviewed on March 7, 2017

Make sure you're using pure raw honey, the one that looks thick, and mix it with lemon for better results. I apply it on my face 2-3 times a week for about 15-30 minutes, then I wash it off. Also make sure that you're using a good moisturizer afterwards because this mask might dry out your skin and also use a natural face wash. I use organic virgin coconut oil as a moisturizer, oh and it doesn't clog my pores. However, it helps cure with acne. As for face wash, I use Herbalism from Lush. It is a bit pricey but it works wonders.

Honey Cinnamon - Spot Treatment
Reviewed on December 28, 2016

Hi,

I'm planning to use the Honey/Cinnamon combination as spot treatment. But I'd like to ask first if it is the Cinnamon oil or the powdered one? I already tried the skin test at the back of my hand for Cinnamon. It's been an hour and doesn't occur any allergic reactions. Is it safe to say that it wouldn't have any reactions on my face too? Sorry I'm being paranoid since the last time a had an allergic reaction to Etude Tea Tree Mask which literally burned and made my face dry and swollen for a week.

Thanks,

Sheila

by Someday18 on 12/29/2016 08:18
Hi, I know that some of here had an allergic (Burning) reaction to cinnamon that's why I decided to just leave it on my face for just 30 min. I did it last night. After washing my face, I noticed immediately that it lessen the size of my big pimple but didn't see any dramatic changes with others. Then I used just the raw honey on my spots overnight. When I woke up, I added a little bit of my leftover Honey/Cinnamon on my spots, I washed my face then used honey mask all over my face while taking shower. After that I washed it off with warm water. I noticed that the skin around some of my spots are starting to peel. I think that's the use of cinnamon. It dries out the pimple. For honey, it made my skin so soft. No big changes for my acne but I'm willing to wait for the better :) It's been my 2nd day doing it and will definitely send an update next week.
Honey and Cinnamon as Spot Treatment