Hemp Seed Oil Reviews

Hemp Seed Oil

Recommendations?

I bought HEMP SEED OIL UNREFINED VIRGIN ORGANIC CARRIER COLD PRESSED RAW 100% the brand is Green Beauty on Amazon and im scared that this might break me out but im not sure. Any recommendations on which brand worked the best for people? i have clogged pores and very textured skin on my forehead and chin that are very visible in light. HELPPP

Best, Cheapest, Acne Solution. Restores HAGGARD skin

I've tried almost everything and used Benzoyl PEroxide sucessfully through my 20's until... I became SUPER allergic to it (swollen eyes, swollen face, etc". I couldn't figure out what to do. Eventually I discovered OCM and decided Hemp Oil was the best oil to use. I use it a few times a week along with retin-A and Aquaphor at night. I'm using the Retin -A for scarring, the hemp oil maintains my skin and keeps it BALANCED. I don't clean my face except with Micellar water and it's turning the lock back and healing my face. Yay ˆ___ˆ

Great info on hemp oil. I have been using it from [link edited out] and I have never been happier. It fixed more than 1 problem that I had
User621879

Feels like satin! Works like magic

I swapped out emu oil for hemp seed oil in my OCM routine and I think it is milessss better. It feels like satin on your skin, making it seem so balanced, moisturised and yet not oily. It also is non-clogging and anti-inflammatory and does a lot to reduce pimples. It seems like some people might be allergic to it so be aware - if you aren't allergic, then it is definitely THE BEST oil out there for skin issues. Just make sure you get a high quality brand and keep it refrigerated!

Wanted to like it :(

So sad, reAlly wanted to like it. It made my skin soft but I was getting cystic acne in places I never get, like my forehead. I used first only during the day, a few drops and pat in and that went on for about a month and a half. Twice a day the second month but it just didnt help. Once I stopped, I only got the acne on my chin where it normally is

was it cold-pressed?
Try [link removed] it's helped my acne alot. I've tried many products before. And ginger is great too for cystic acne. I use lavendar soap to wash my face. Maybe if you tried cbd oil orally it'll help. I noticed since I've taken it my face looks good.
Its curology. They removed my link in my last comment

Hemp seed oil

I bought hemp seed oil for my 15 year old daughter as she was suffering from moderate acne. Decided to try the natural approach for her skin. This product caused her skin to break out drastically. Her forehead which previously had no acne was soon covered it acne... I think this product may work for post acne skin. I could see the benefit in controlling oil but i wouldn't recommend if your acne is active....

I use a lavendar bar on my face. I also use a cream from curology dot com. I know ginger is helpful too for acne

RUINED my skin! !

I had very nice skin but it went to hell after using just 2 DROPS of nutiva hemp oil am and pm for only a week! After that I literally had acne everywhere but my forehead! I had never heard of this oil breaking anyone out so I was obviously shocked! I beg you to use caution if trying things even if they are supposed to be noncomodegenic

Isn't this review for hemp seed oil and not hemp oil?
They are the same thing
User516068
No , two completely different oils ... So that explains the acne you had from it
The ingredients of Nutiva hemp oil are: 100% raw certified organic unrefined hempseed oil.raw, certified-organic, unrefined hempseed oil. omegas per tbsp: 7 g .....omega-6 la 2.5 g ..omega-3 ala 2 g .....omega-9 .5 g ....omega-6 gla .25 g ..omega-3 sda

A good non-clogging oil balancing oil!

I have acne prone, combination skin that is prone to clogged pores on my forehead, chin and cheeks. I find myself constantly trying to use different kinds of exfoliants and acne products to keep my pores clean. However, no matter how "clear" my pores are the moisturizers I use always had a problem of clogging up my skin again. That is until I found this product. I did some research about how hemp seed oil (not hemp oil) has a comedogenic rating of zero and how it helps dissolve sebum plugs and balance overactive sebum production (which is the major concern for my skin). I bought a small bottle (cold pressed, unrefined) not really hoping for anything but willing to experiment. After a week of using this product as a nightly moisturizer I am very satisfied with the results. In one week my oil production on my T-zone has reduced dramatically. This oil is perfect for balancing my oily t-zone but was bit drying on my dry cheeks. I might need to put double up a moisturizer for my cheeks. Despite my high rating for this product though, it is not a miracle worker. I want to reiterate: this is NOT a miracle oil. Just like any new product I use for my skin I did experience purging the first few days of using this oil. These pimples did not go away quickly, I was diligent in using exfoliants and acne creams to keep my pores clean before applying this oil. Remember, if your skin is clogged to begin with no matter how non-comedogenic this oil is, it will not help you reduce pimples. You would still need to maintain a steady acne combating regimen in conjunction to using this product as a moisturizer. Overall this did what I was looking for in a moisturizer: non-clogging and oil balancing. I did not expect it to reduce my acne since I have other products that target that issue. Overall, I highly recommend those who has oily pore clogging skin to give this oil a try. Anybody with normal to dry skin, this oil might be too drying for you. Those who are suffering from acne, I've been there and I am still combating it everyday. I would highly recommend asking yourself what your skin concern is and do some research. While these reviews are helpful, everyone has different skin problems. What works for one person might not work for you so do research form an informed conclusion based on your skin problems before using any product. Good luck! Edit 8/30/17: After more than a year of using this product, I can say that the quality of this oil changes with the brand. After using up the first oil I bought from amazon, I bought the nutiva brand's hemp seed oil. My skin reacted terribly to the product and I started developing acne again. I decided to stop using the oil on my face and the pimples slowly disappeared. Since stopping this oil, I have not gone back to this regime. I had found another moisturizer which works for my skin. I am keeping the ratings for this product the same since I had really good results from the first brand of hemp seed oil I used but I want to caution the readers to be careful which brand you get. I bought a no brand name hemp seed oil from amazon which was unrefined and cosmetic grade and had great results. The nutiva one, not so much. I think this oil has all the benefits and science to be a great noncomedogenic moisturizer but everybody's skin is different. I want to reiterate do NOT expect this to work miracles, you need to have a good acne combatting regime in conjunction to this oil.

what brand is it?>
I got organic extra virgin unrefined hemp seed oil from amazon. it's not a major brand.
what did the bottle look like? was it called Green Beauty?

Best thing ever!!

I've only been using organic hemp seed oil for 2 days and have already seen a dramatic difference in my skin. I've been vegan for about 3 months now and all of my normal acne has gone away but I've always struggled with clogged pores/whiteheads/blackheads and sense this oil has 0 chances of clogging your pores and actually is softer then your skins natural sebum it can get into the pores and help unclog the hardened sebum in your pores. 2 days and my clogged pores all over my forehead have already gone down so much and are almost gone. I couldn't recommend it more. If you struggle with comodomal acne and have tried everything but this, just try it I'm so glad I did.

What brand of hemp seed oil did you use?

Best topical I have ever used

I highly recommend using this as a topical. Many people may suggest using this internally for its benefits but I doubt it will have an effect on your skin that way. This is because it is high in Omega 6 fats which are inflammatory in EXCESS. Also the conversion rate of ALA to EPA & DHA (Omega 3 fats) in most people is really really low, around 4%. However, I have read that some people with acne have a specific, regional skin deficiency in Linoleic Acid (Omega 6 in hemp) but not an overall body deficiency if that makes sense. This won't "fix" or "cure" your acne completely however it brings down overall redness & visible inflammation and also reduces active acne in a relatively short period of time. This is the closest I have gotten to a "quick fix". Keritinization is a good word to know.

Miracle

I bought hemp seed oil on a whim to use as an everyday moisturizer. I have been using it for a couple months and it is the best thing I have ever tried! I have tried tons of different moisturizers, and most would clog me up. This does not at all! I use this in combination with PanOxyl 10% Benzoyl Peroxide, and it does wonderfully. I can always tell how dry my skin is when using a different moisturizer with PanOxyl, and with hemp seed oil it never happens. It absorbs quickly and feels great; one of the best purchases I have made! This is the best thing for very drying face washes, but now I can keep a moisturized complexion and be acne-free. I will put a Neutrogena sunblock after this absorbs if I am going outside at all, or the CeraVe AM. If you are getting breakouts from this, you should be aware that this can essentially create a barrier on your skin, so if you are using something that clogs your pores and coating it then this will not solve your problems. I only use PanOxyl and hemp seed oil (plus the occasional sunscreen for face) and I rarely breakout. I encourage you to try this! I have broken out from every other oil tried and I have sensitive, oily skin.

Hi Tydr, I have PanOxyl 4% but I want to try the 10%, just afraid if it will irritate my skin too much. I just got the hemp oil., i will see how it goes... thanx for your review!
Vil

Not as great as people suggest

This does cause me to break out more. I definitely does clog my pores :(

Did you use hemp seed oil or just hemp oil?

An oil that's actually noncomedogenic! Rated 0 on the comedogenic scale...

noncomedogenic absorbs completely regardless of how much applied green color masks redness have to keep refrigerated not as moisturizing as other oils I've tried every possible oil on my face over the last 6 years- coconut, jojoba, rosehip, argan, castor, olive oil, shea butter, etc. Whether I was using the oil cleansing method or just as a moisturizer, they've ALWAYS caused clogged pores. Even jojoba oil alone! I was convinced that my skin just didn't like oil. I purchased hemp oil as a dietary supplement, looked it up and saw it had a comedogenic rating of 0 (jojoba has a rating of 2, coconut oil a rating of 4!). One month in, I haven't had a single breakout. I can layer it on with no adverse effects! I was getting spots every day before. Try it!! Wish I had years ago.

Hemp seed or hemp oil?

Dark Spots: hemp seed oil & the acne practice & the regimen

acne practice is really helpful @ 1st but then dried me out a lot. works for others tho apparently. the regimen works but a lot of dark marks were still there hemp oil is amazing. i apply it topically and i digest it daily (helps with hair and skin) acne practice dried me out which made me break out the regimen makes u flaky hemp oil is hard to swallow..other than that it is a miracle My cheeks use to have a ton of dark marks and consistent acne and I had spent way too much money trying to fix it. Then I tried this system i found on youtube called Acne Boot Camp by The Acne Practice and i was reeealllyy hoping it was going to work as it was $300'At first it did fade my dark marks and made my acne better, but over time no matter how little I used or how i did it my skin would get too dry and break out a lot. I have been switching back and forth between the acne practice and the acne.org regimen every time the acne practice dries me out too bad. My acne marks do fade more every time i switch back onto the drying acne practice but it just creates a vicious cycle of creating more acne/spots. I was doing some research on hemp oil and found that it was extremely good for you internally and externally and has a non comedogenic rating of zero which means it can't clog your pores. I ordered some off ebay and it has made such a difference in my skin and on lightening my dark marks. It takes makeup off really easily and makes it go on easily too. It moisturizes pretty good too although being on the acne practice i got dry after two weeks of little to no pimples. But the dark marks are really fading with it. I am now going to do the regimen again but this time i am going to stick with it, and use hemp oil in the moisturizer. I remember before I found the acne practice website I was on the regimen and it was working for my existing acne well. When i first bought the regimen i didn't do it exactly as it says and it didn't work. Then i decided to put more effort into doing exactly what the site tells you and it started working, i just wanted a quicker fix for my hyper pigmentation covered cheeks. I feel like this is going to work

Comments

EVERYTHING. None. I originally started using HEMPZ lotion with my sulfur soap, and I fell in love with Hemp. It doesn't break me out, it doesn't itch, it absorbs fast, it keeps it's moisture for a long time, it is healing my post-acne marks, and it's relatively cheap too! My skin just looks so healthy now, even if I had clear days before, I still had red marks, and my skin was dry, and dull. This has changed that, I feel confident enough to go makeup-less now, thanks to hemp!

Guest Victoria Long
Guest Victoria Long

Absorbs quickly High amounts of balanced omegas Will NOT clog pores Reduces inflammation Smooth application Nutty Seaweed-ish smell Green color (don't use too much) Not extremely moisturizing This is definitely the best oil I've found for acne. Some oils, like jojoba or olive, can break out extra reactive skin, but I've had zero problems with this. Great for massaging into the skin because it absorbs fast. I use it before cleansing and a few drops after cleansing. If you apply makeup, it'll go on much smoother after using a tiny bit of this. Also great to mix into your moisturizer.

Popular Household/Natural