Notifications
Clear all

Acne Story, Experiences, Tribulations, and Death..

MemberMember
(@fakeplasticskin)

Posted : 08/10/2003 11:29 pm

"It'll Go Away" is what I've heard all my life. But this is my life, a life with acne. This is my story, and what I have tried, and what I have endured throughout my life. My purpose is to help anyone feeling out of touch with the real world, or just feeling depressed. I've had acne since I was 13 years old. Throughout the years I have come to the conclusion that this isn't like any other superficial condition like for example being overweight. One can be overweight but it's possible to lose the weight and then keep it off, but one cannot get rid of acne, it's like a seperate entity that is by your side for years or, for many unfortunate people, decades. I would trade in being overweight for acne because I know I could just go on a diet and the weight will come off, but not acne, acne doesn't come off with running, or eating certain foods, perhaps medications will help but it won't completely get rid of the problem. I believe that acne has made me a lot more humble when it comes to judging people by their looks.

I remember being in eighth grade and just wanting to climb into a hole because I couldn't stand to see myself in the mirror(I still can't to this day). It wasn't easy talking to other people because I knew that they were staring at my face, at those nasty zits on my face. I remember one instance talking to one of my teachers and I would catch her staring at one of my zits, and I would just feel like crying, but I couldn't, so I just kept it all inside. All the insults, all the name calling it was kept all inside, but I kept saying to myself, eighth grade will end sometime so I just had to hang in there. As I suspected, it was over, and then came summer, which wasn't bad at all because I discovered that when I went to the beach and I got tanned, the zits would go away, but what I didn't know was that they only went away temporarily, and to even make things worse, I didn't know that my acne would get worse because of this.

So I take you to my freshman year of high school....

<to be continued... I will post more tomorrow..>

MemberMember
(@julie81)

Posted : 08/20/2003 11:04 pm

hey what happened to the rest of your story? :D

MemberMember
(@ice_pick22)

Posted : 08/20/2003 11:49 pm

What do you mean by "death"?

MemberMember
(@thatunoguyo)

Posted : 08/21/2003 10:39 am

What do you mean by "death"?

she stopped her story abruptly... she died.

MemberMember
(@julie81)

Posted : 08/21/2003 10:12 pm

You're kidding right? 8-[

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 04/03/2013 8:57 pm

Wrong post.... sry.