does sleep affect a...

Notifications
Clear all

does sleep affect acne

MemberMember
(@davemathews48)

Posted : 05/21/2003 4:51 pm

i've always wondered if sleep affects acne, but have found nothing when trying to research it. some nights i would get a lot of sleep and notice an improvement on my acne, but it could just be the meds.

I'm taking BenzaClin in the morning, and 0.1% Retin-A-Micro Gel at night. Before I apply the cream I gently wash w/ with Dan's Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar, and then after I apply the cream I use Dan's Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer. (kinda burns for 5mins)

Anyways, does anyone notice that sleep affects their acne? :-s

MemberMember
(@f49z0r5)

Posted : 05/21/2003 4:56 pm

i've always wondered if sleep affects acne, but have found nothing when trying to research it. some nights i would get a lot of sleep and notice an improvement on my acne, but it could just be the meds.

I'm taking BenzaClin in the morning, and 0.1% Retin-A-Micro Gel at night. Before I apply the cream I gently wash w/ with Dan's Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar, and then after I apply the cream I use Dan's Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer. (kinda burns for 5mins)

Anyways, does anyone notice that sleep affects their acne? :-s

There is a appearicle trick to this. (if appearicle is even a word. as in appearance lol). And a real pro to this as well.

When you get alot of sleep your skin tone is not as pale. It's darker and that makes the acne blend with the skin better. But when you sleep alot that gives your body alot of time to regenerate and alot of energy during the day to rebuild itself. Including the skin cells etc.

MemberMember
(@shatangi)

Posted : 05/21/2003 4:58 pm

Sleep TOTALLY effects acne!!! why?

if you are tired, your body becomes dehydrated, moisture is pulled from extremities skin first, and why your skin is dry, those dead cells clog pores & create acne.

Sleep is also #1 for a natural healer, when the energy you use being concious can be diverted to other systems like the lymph, immune, digestive...all which help process acne causing issues.

and the number one reason...

they call it "Beauty Sleep" need I say more?

Namaste'

MemberMember
(@f49z0r5)

Posted : 05/21/2003 4:58 pm

Sleep TOTALLY effects acne!!! why?

if you are tired, your body becomes dehydrated, moisture is pulled from extremities skin first, and why your skin is dry, those dead cells clog pores & create acne.

Sleep is also #1 for a natural healer, when the energy you use being concious can be diverted to other systems like the lymph, immune, digestive...all which help process acne causing issues.

and the number one reason...

they call it "Beauty Sleep" need I say more?

Namaste'

well said. Not as suddle as mine but yeah. well said.

MemberMember
(@aerobunny)

Posted : 05/21/2003 10:44 pm

Yeah me too, when I get lots of sleep my face looks better, I'm not sure why. I also drink tons of water, which seems to help as well.

MemberMember
(@rabb1t)

Posted : 05/22/2003 12:17 am

yes it does because when u don't sleep ur putting stress on ur body which makes ur body work even harder. Trust me i have myself all f***ed up and i sleep mostly all day and am awake all night, its not a good thing and when i wanna be up in the morning is stress full because my body wants to sleep ](*,)

MemberMember
(@gloput)

Posted : 05/22/2003 3:36 am

Here is what I observed :

When I had sleepless night, acne get better a lot ! I know at night, your cells regenerate twice more quick. Acne could decrease because of a hard change in the oily processus. I don't know. But the fact is dramaticaly observable even if I can't explain it.

MemberMember
(@mrz)

Posted : 01/06/2018 3:01 pm

I dont sleep that goodand my acne healed up by itself haha