Allergic to Cetaphi...

Notifications
Clear all

Allergic to Cetaphil lotion?

MemberMember
(@calla)

Posted : 02/18/2003 7:45 pm

I bought the cetaphil lotion recommended for the regemin. For some reason my face was a bit irritated that morning when I woke up, and the skin around my nose & mouth were peeling. I used the Cetaphil for the first time later in the day and now my face is as red as a tomato. I look like I'm sunburned! I've been on the regimen for about 4 weeks now, so It can't be that.

Could I be allergic to this lotion? Or did it just irritate the hell out the new skin under my peeling skin?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@maniac_22)

Posted : 02/18/2003 10:10 pm

That is really strange!? Cetaphil is one of the gentlest lotions you can buy! I don't think you would have an allergic reaction to it because all of the ingredients are used in MANY MANY products, very common. Try going off it for about a week and use it again and see what happens. Maybe your face was just going through a phaze, who knows?!

MemberMember
(@frances)

Posted : 02/18/2003 11:02 pm

Are you talking their moisturiser of cleanser? I get allergic contact dermatitis from many products - but their cleanser is ok with me. If it is a moisturiser it should be soothing and if it is cetaphil very basic in its ingredients....any allergy will probably stem from any fragrance or sunscreen - they're almost always the culprits!

MemberMember
(@sapna_321)

Posted : 11/11/2010 9:15 pm

I used the Cathphil moisturizer just now and got weird bumps in less than a minute. It irritated my skein so i washed it with cold water and god bumbs right away. How do I get rid of them? i will try to keep you posted on my reaction.

MemberMember
(@mv5m32t346gmail-com)

Posted : 01/17/2011 8:37 pm

A person can be allergic to just about anything--including the ingredients in Cetaphil. I should know. I had just gotten a tattoo and started covering it with Eucerin while it healed. One day I decided to switch to Cetaphil. Within half an hour of putting Cetaphil on for the first time, my skin became red, swollen, and painful. I washed the Cetaphil off, put Eucerin back on, and it subsided.

MemberMember
(@rockingredhead)

Posted : 01/17/2011 10:40 pm

it happens. I got the cetaphil cleanser for oily skin and after about the 3rd time using it every time I put it on my face would burn like crazy. but its not that my skin is uber sensitive, I used Aveeno .5% SA cleanser 2x/day for at least a month with zero probs.

MemberMember
(@buildingbeautiful)

Posted : 02/18/2011 1:54 am

I had an allergic reaction to Ceptaphil lotion that was misdiagnosed as a Staph infection by my doctor. I had huge red bumps all over my face, but I decided to try the Cetaphil again just to make sure it was what had caused it. My face erupted back into red bumps. It's a shame too.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/18/2011 4:45 am

I had an allergic reaction to Ceptaphil lotion that was misdiagnosed as a Staph infection by my doctor. I had huge red bumps all over my face, but I decided to try the Cetaphil again just to make sure it was what had caused it. My face erupted back into red bumps. It's a shame too.

third times the charm right?

MemberMember
(@asturias)

Posted : 11/29/2012 6:15 pm

I'm facing the same issues.. at first i tho it was my tazaroc medicine but cetaphil is peeling my face really bad...

idk why