Notifications
Clear all

Same acne 7 years

MemberMember
(@hakbje)

Posted : 05/02/2022 9:46 am

Hi, i have had the same acne problems for almost 7 years. Im 22 and about 2 years ago i started to care about my looks. I started washing my face every night and mornings and peeling 2 times a week. I have a very good diet and exercise almost every day. I drink almost no alcohol and get 7-8 hours off sleep everyday. The fact that I started to care about my looks Imade my life Worse bacause i look in every mirror i see. And 10% Off the time i love What i see. But the last 90% i hate my face. Mostly bacause Off the acne and red sports, and several tanlines. I have been usingbenzoyl 5% on my face for the last 2 weeks. (I used it for some months only on the acne for some time with no results before)

My skin got irritated the first week but now the skin can handle it. My skin have gotten slightly worse. And I wonder if there is anything I can do to get a even skin tone and smooth and glowing skin. Right know its really bad thanks !

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 05/03/2022 8:55 am

My best advice is to follow the regimen precisely until you're completely clear and even-toned. Then you can change 1 variable at a time. When used properly, benzoyl peroxide can work wonders.

MemberMember
(@lizzieswellness)

Posted : 05/03/2022 11:26 pm

My best piece of advice is to stick to the plan. Then you can make changes to one variable at a time. It may take some time to see the results, but the wait should be worthwhile.

MemberMember
(@hakbje)

Posted : 05/04/2022 9:23 am

I will, it arrived today! I have been using benzoyl 5% gel for 3 weeks. And I have been gradually increasing the mass. Can I start with the benzoyl 2.5 two times a day or do I start over

also I take sauna 4-5 times a week 20 min at the time. Is this bad for your skin? I feel like the skin is getting worse, could be other things causing it as well..

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 05/06/2022 8:58 am

You should be able to go to twice a day at 2.5% now.

Sauna I would probably avoid until you're totally clear. Then, that's one variable you can add in and see if it causes problems. People in hot/tropical climates have more acne, and heat makes oil glands secrete more, so those are two reasons it might (I repeat, might) lead to acne. No one can tell you for sure about a sauna, but for those reasons, best to leave that variable out until you're totally clear.