Notifications
Clear all

Which filler works best for old scars?

MemberMember
(@charisma786)

Posted : 11/09/2021 6:40 pm

I have some old scarring (thirteen years old) from a glycolic acid peel gone wrong. They are atrophic and can look hypertrophic when aggravated but normally they're just atrophic scars. The texture is obviously different from the surrounding skin. I have had many treatments and have greatly improved them from subcision, microneedling, fraxel repair and so on but would really like to just properly fill in the area now. Would Restylane work best or Juvederm?

Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@urbanite)

Posted : 11/28/2021 8:44 pm

Can you post some pictures?

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 11/30/2021 7:34 pm

On 11/9/2021 at 6:40 PM, charisma786 said:

I have some old scarring (thirteen years old) from a glycolic acid peel gone wrong. They are atrophic and can look hypertrophic when aggravated but normally they're just atrophic scars. The texture is obviously different from the surrounding skin. I have had many treatments and have greatly improved them from subcision, microneedling, fraxel repair and so on but would really like to just properly fill in the area now. Would Restylane work best or Juvederm?

Thanks in advance!

I have one indented scar two doctors said juvederm, one said I could try fat filler transfer. I think many shy away from the one's that last a 2-5 years because of risks but I hate the idea of doing juvederm every 6-9 months due to trauma on the skin. Some guy on here said it lasted like a month too so maybe some absorb it super fast.