AHA Glycolic Acid Q...

Notifications
Clear all

AHA Glycolic Acid Questions

MemberMember
(@jonathanchristian741gmail-com)

Posted : 10/28/2021 1:21 pm

Hi, I have been using the acne.org regimen as directed for about 4 weeks now on my face. I have seen mostly good results although i'm still getting some smaller acne here and there and my skin is very dry and flaky though it doesn't burn or get red anymore. I have been using 6 drops of jojoba oil into the moisturizerwhich has taken the edge off the dryness. Anyway,Im going to soon incorporate the aha into the regimen but I have a few questions that I didn't see answered on the product page or the FAQs. First of all, if my skin is still dry/flaky should I even use glycolic acid yet or should I wait a few more weeks? Secondly,could/should I add jojoba oil to the aha or does that somehow interfere with its effects? Lastly, how much aha do I use if I use it every few nights by itself ( not mixed with moisturizer )? The same amount as the regular moisturizer? Sorry if I've missed this information somewhere. I would appreciate any feedback, thanks.

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 10/30/2021 9:31 am

If you are one month into The Regimen 3 step system, your skin should be able to adjust to the glycolic acid after a few applications. However, if you are only a few days into The Regimen, we would advise that you wait until 4 weeks into the Treatment before you start using the AHA+.

The AHA+ is a powerful exfoliant so having a reaction to this product is normal. If your skin could not tolerate the AHA+, you may start off by mixing 50% of the AHA+ and 50% Acne.org Moisturizer and apply the mixture every night. You can try this for a while and then switch back to using AHA+ full strength every 3 nights or so and see how that goes.

You may also start with a small amount of AHA+ and apply it every 2-3 nights and gradually ramp up the volume until your skin is well adjusted to the product.

If there's anything else that I can help you with, please let me know.

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 11/03/2021 10:08 am

I'll answer just that last question you had because the rest just got answered :)

I find that I don't need as much AHA as Moisturizer, so you can probably get away with about half the amount of AHA as you use Moisturizer if you're using it full strength. But if you're using full strength, only use it once every other night, not every day.

MemberMember
(@archiballz)

Posted : 12/26/2021 4:35 pm

On 11/3/2021 at 11:08 AM, Dan said:

I'll answer just that last question you had because the rest just got answered :)

I find that I don't need as much AHA as Moisturizer, so you can probably get away with about half the amount of AHA as you use Moisturizer if you're using it full strength. But if you're using full strength, only use it once every other night, not every day.

Even for the back regimen?

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 01/04/2022 1:22 pm

Different for back regimen. For back regimen, the skin can handle it so load it up on the glycolic.

MemberMember
(@jonathanchristian741gmail-com)

Posted : 01/07/2022 3:29 pm

Well, Ive come a long way since I posted this. My skin has been 99% clear for about 2 months now! The only issue im still facing is dryness. It has gotten somewhat better but my skin is still very dry and flaky. Im using 2 pumps of moisturizer twice a day with added jojoba. Sometimes ill apply a pump midday. I will say that on the nights I use aha ( which took my skin forever to get used to if it ever has) my skin is significantly less dry the next day. I would use aha every night but it reddens my skin too much even at half strength. Dry skin iscertainly better than having acne though so I guess I shouldn't complain too much. Hopefully it will continue to lessen.

MemberMember
(@zer0)

Posted : 02/06/2022 1:03 am

Are we able to use jojaba oil with the AHA or is that only recommended for the moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@warmurphy)

Posted : 04/22/2024 7:36 am

Let's keep the conversation going!

MemberMember
(@wavenson)

Posted : 04/26/2024 5:48 am

Your post about AHA and glycolic acid caught my eye! I totally get the struggle with acne, and it's awesome you're diving into the science behind it. PLGA structure definitely plays a crucial role in skincare, aiding in the delivery of active ingredients like glycolic acid. In my opinion, incorporating AHA into your routine can be a game-changer. It exfoliates gently, revealing smoother skin underneath. Personally, I've seen great results, but everyone's skin is unique! I'm curious to hear others' experiences and opinions on this topic.

This post was modified 5 hours ago by Wavenson