FLAKINESS AND DARK ...

Notifications
Clear all

FLAKINESS AND DARK PATCHES

MemberMember
(@reneewangarigmail-com)

Posted : 10/25/2021 4:13 am

Hello. I am currently on week 7 of my regimen. I have been getting excessive flakiness all over my face. I also seem darker on my forehead, chin and cheek area. I don't have any new breakouts. I have been using glycolic acid every nightonly. In the morning I have been using my cleanser, benzyl peroxide andmoisturizer as per usual. Is the glycolid acid working or not? I know why i am still dark and flaky... I was expecting my skin to be smooth at this point. Should I add a sunscreen for daytime?

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 10/25/2021 9:00 am

By now you shouldn't have that. Hmm.

First things first, it's just dryness, so don't worry. No one's skin stays darker. That's impossible.

You can try going to 1/2 moisturizer and 1/2 glycolic every night instead of full glycolic every other night. Don't do glycolic full strength though more than once a day. If you do every day, do it 1/2 and 1/2 with moisturizer.

If that doesn't get it fixed up in a few days, you can try adding some jojoba oil (or even sunflower oil works if you can find it easier).

As far as sunsceen goes, since you're completely clear now, you can change 1 variable at a time like adding in a sunscreen, but keep it to 1 variable at a time, cuz if you break out then you'll know it was the sunscreen.

Keep us posted.

Ishayat liked
MemberMember
(@reneewangarigmail-com)

Posted : 11/05/2021 2:13 am

Thanks Dan.

I'm now finishing 2 months since I started the Acne.org regimen. I can see drastic changes to my skin... it has improved so much. I no longer have any breakouts, I have a few old acne dark spots here and there that are getting lighter and clearing, my complexion is evening out and I'm looking fairer. I have been using1/2 moisturizer and 1/2 glycolic every nightand Ibelieve that is working very well with improving my skin.

A few concerns I have however is on the benzyl peroxide. After I realized I was flaking a lot,I increased on the pumps of moisturizer I was using and that helped reduce the dryness. I also slightly reduced the amount of benzyl peroxide that I was using to see if the flaking would be less. Is it okay to reduce on benzyl peroxide? Also, after 2 months should I naturally expect the flakiness to lessen and eventually be all clear?

My worry is that Iconstantly have the dead dryskin peeling even after being in month 2 heading to 3.

MemberMember
(@reneewangarigmail-com)

Posted : 01/25/2022 3:11 am

It has now been exactly 5 months since I started using the acne.org regimen. However I have stopped for the past one and a half months only because I have been stalling on buying the regimen again. I feared that my skin would break out and I would go back to square so I told myself Iwould monitor closely to see what happens.

I must say I am surprised that my skin has stayed clear. I have not gotten even the tinniest breakout in the past one and a half months of not using the regimen. My skin is clear and beautiful! I still feel I will purchase the regimen kit again to just stay consistent with it. But I am glad my skin is doing okay even after stopping.

Thanks Acne.org!

Ishayat liked