Notifications
Clear all

Acne scarring

MemberMember
(@badi-abhigmail-com)

Posted : 10/19/2021 1:14 pm

Hey everyone. 

I have undergone MNRF + TCA CROSS since my last post. These images are taken post 40 days of treatment.

I consulted my doc and he recommended PRP + Microneedling for next session.

Please review and advise me what I should do next?? I am more concerned about the right cheek and my left temple area scars.

2021-10-19-14-09-04-909.jpg

2021-10-19-14-08-27-625.jpg

2021-10-19-14-05-08-298.jpg

2021-10-19-14-04-08-139.jpg

2021-10-19-14-02-49-103.jpg

2021-10-19-14-01-36-953.jpg

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 10/20/2021 6:16 pm

I don't know if micro needling does anything it seems woefully insufficient for significant scarring. I am a big fan of Dermabrasion that helped 80-85% for me, but there's ethnic skin risks of things like pigmentation probably for that and/or lasers, but with your scars you likely need something aggressive either wayto show results.

Does anyone have any good successful treatments for this type of skin? My only successful procedure is Dermabrasion so I say it all the time on here and I always hope it might give some hope to people desperate for progress. Some other people have had great success from other stuff. The one guy with skin like yours went to a CA doctor and looks 75% improved, I don't know the thread but in the last 6 weeks. He basically described like 4 procedures he did and he specifically said he was going back for some "touch up" to this CA doctor. I don't know if that term is searchable to find the thread in the last 6 weeks.

I hope some other people have ideas but I wish the best for you. I'm still struggling/trying as well for what it's worth. I know how absolutely hard/brutal it can be. I grow my beard it looks like messy at this point it's the only thing keeping me normal I feel.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 10/20/2021 11:36 pm

5 hours ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

I don't know if micro needling does anything it seems woefully insufficient for significant scarring. I am a big fan of Dermabrasion that helped 80-85% for me, but there's ethnic skin risks of things like pigmentation probably for that and/or lasers, but with your scars you likely need something aggressive either wayto show results.

Does anyone have any good successful treatments for this type of skin? My only successful procedure is Dermabrasion so I say it all the time on here and I always hope it might give some hope to people desperate for progress. Some other people have had great success from other stuff. The one guy with skin like yours went to a CA doctor and looks 75% improved, I don't know the thread but in the last 6 weeks. He basically described like 4 procedures he did and he specifically said he was going back for some "touch up" to this CA doctor. I don't know if that term is searchable to find the thread in the last 6 weeks.

I hope some other people have ideas but I wish the best for you. I'm still struggling/trying as well for what it's worth. I know how absolutely hard/brutal it can be. I grow my beard it looks like messy at this point it's the only thing keeping me normal I feel.

If your scars more rolling now you can consider fillers or few bad scars than touchups. Dr rullan does that. I believe dr rullan is really good for non surgical related acne scarring.

For this guy, Probably a few sessions of cross to lift and flatten the edges. and then consider phenol chemobrasion or dermabrasion. If he does scar revision work first then the doctor wouldnt need to go too deep in case of dermabrasion and cause other issues. The doctor can only focus on making sure the texture is smooth overall.

MemberMember
(@coralinekoralingmail-com)

Posted : 10/21/2021 6:11 pm

18 hours ago, getsmart121 said:

Yara izleriniz simdi daha fazla yuvarlaniyorsa, rotuslardan ziyade dolgu maddelerini veya birkac kotu yara izini dusunebilirsiniz. Dr Rulan bunu yapiyor. Dr rullan'in cerrahi olmayan akne izleri icin gercekten iyi olduguna inaniyorum.

Bu adam icin, muhtemelen kenarlari kaldirmak ve duzlestirmek icin birkac seans capraz. ve sonra fenol kemobrazyonu veya dermabrazyonu dusunun. Ilk once yara izi revizyonu yaparsa, doktorun dermabrazyon durumunda cok derine inmesine ve baska sorunlara yol acmasina gerek kalmaz. Doktor yalnizca dokunun genel olarak puruzsuz oldugundan emin olmaya odaklanabilir.

Doesnt Rullans phenol peel also include dermabrasion treatment?

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 10/22/2021 10:14 am

16 hours ago, turnthepag3 said:

Doesnt Rullans phenol peel also include dermabrasion treatment?

Yes it does. But you dont wanna do these when a majority of scars have a significant atrophy in the skin. At any given time the peel can give you overall improvement so you want scars to be much closer to surface. That is why if you have some deep scars. He will first do some cross and subcision session to fix the bad scars but this part of the process could take time. That is why some people opt for excision. I think excision is never a good option for shallow to moderate depth scars. Reserved for really deep icepicks or boxcars.because the risk to reward ratio is not worth for shallow scars. Also some doctor use accutane before excision to stop oil production causing scar to open prematurely.

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 10/22/2021 8:27 pm

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 10/22/2021 9:12 pm

Not sure since you already had a deep dermabrasion done. Maybe you will have to wait

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 10/22/2021 10:26 pm

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 10/22/2021 11:37 pm

You can go for dermabrasion again or phenol it says it works on shallow scars though. If you for dermabrasion lets see by doing a spot test. With this you will know if it is going to cause any issues. If it heals perfectly that could be a green signal. But if plastic surgeons are saying you no then they could forecasting something to happen which would be not in your favor

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 10/23/2021 7:35 am

Thanks getsmart, pretty much what I figured, good points.