Notifications
Clear all

Acne scars can be removed but at what cost?

MemberMember
(@isaac-j-dear)

Posted : 08/08/2021 9:17 am

This may be a twisted logic but it appears that every doctor claims that they can improve every acne scar there is. For example fractional laser claims that 50% improvement is an average result. So if maths checks out

1st treatment: 50% left

2nd treatment: 25% left

3rd treatment: 12.5% left

4th treatment: 6.25% left

5th treatment: 3.125% left

6th treatment : 1.5625% left

For these treatments I have been quoted 2500 each so therefore 6x2500= 15,000 for the full course. However due to dismissing marginal returns the average return by 6 treatments is 16.4%, but in contrast 4 is 23.4375 per treatment. Obviously this is all subjective but I promise you there is always hope I haven't started my journey but i dream of looking like every one else. Also what would people recommend for getting a rid of pink scar tissue on the face.

MemberMember
(@samsadleir)

Posted : 08/24/2021 6:16 pm

Unfortunately, when dealing with complex biological organisms, with incalculably different genetics and environmental inputs, tying yourself to a prediction is pointless.

You may be a hyper responder to scar treatments if you are blessed, and get good bang for your buck, only need a few treatments to be happy with your complexion.

If you are not a good responder, a poor healer or have psychological issues that cloud your judgement (unrealistic expectations, body dysphoria), therapy and acceptance may be a more prudent spending on money before seeking treatment,