acne scars on my fa...

Notifications
Clear all

acne scars on my face

MemberMember
(@jhaysiosongmail-com)

Posted : 06/06/2021 2:08 am

Hi everyone!

Dr. Lim's videos from Australia brought me here. I'd just like to ask if there's really a cure for acne scars? I have had them for I would say 5 years? Been on and off accutane, did like 6 sessions of dermapen years ago, yet scars doesn't seem to have improved. 

In the past months I have been seeing a dermatologist here in Sydney. I was prescribed to take accutane from 20mg to 30mg for nearly 5 months now. After this treatment, I was recommended to have dermapen sessions again. 

Looking for any suggestions for what's better approach for both (active acne and acne scars). 

Thank you!

2.jpg.9e43aa82cf40c61da244ba65d999f3a8.jpg1.jpg.036db90034059ad9366c6bc3e9d65191.jpg2.jpg.9e43aa82cf40c61da244ba65d999f3a8.jpg

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 06/09/2021 10:31 am

It looks like you still have active acne, so you would have to wait to get that completely under control before doing anything about scars.

Yes, scar repair can work. It can't "cure" and completely remove scarring, but it really can help. But most important is to get cleared up so you don't have more scarring being created.

You've been on accutane for 5 months you said? Normally acne is completely under control by then. What has your doctor said about your accutane treatment and dosage?

MemberMember
(@ethan69)

Posted : 04/21/2023 4:48 am

Hello! Acne scars can be challenging to treat and there is no one-size-fits-all cure. However, there are several treatments available that can improve the appearance of acne scars. In addition to dermapen, other treatments include chemical peels, laser resurfacing, subcision, and fillers. It's important to work closely with your dermatologist to determine the best approach for your specific type of acne scars. Additionally, addressing active acne with medication and a good skincare routine can help prevent further scarring.