Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ziggystardust72

Consultation with Dr. Rullan

Hey everyone, longtime lurker first time posting here. I have a consultation with Dr. Rullan next week and I was just curious about people’s experiences with him? Anything I should make sure to ask him? Thanks!

1 hour ago, mariadulce23 said:

I spent 3500 with him and had no improvement.

2x his famous trio ?

21 hours ago, Ziggystardust72 said:

That’s depressing. What treatments did you get and how bad is your scarring?

I got the trio twice, felt extreme pain during the recovery process, and had to take time out to travel to him. Even while he was doing the process, he said lasers are a waste of money. It's all scare tactics to line his pockets. I went to a regular derm and had great results. My scars were pretty bad before any treatments. I had a bunch of progress pics, but I don't feel like digging them up. People on here are also psychotically anti laser and I don't want to waste my time.

On 5/29/2021 at 2:05 PM, Miro said:

2x his famous trio ?

Yes.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, mariadulce23 said:

I got the trio twice, felt extreme pain during the recovery process, and had to take time out to travel to him. Even while he was doing the process, he said lasers are a waste of money. It's all scare tactics to line his pockets. I went to a regular derm and had great results. My scars were pretty bad before any treatments. I had a bunch of progress pics, but I don't feel like digging them up. People on here are also psychotically anti laser and I don't want to waste my time.

Yes.

It really depends on type of scars , after CO2 some of my scars got better some didnt , same i can say bout any other treatment , subcision works only for rolling scars , cross only for icepicks and so on , laser can do wonders for untethered scars or boxcars , also everyone reacts diff, to say lasers are waste of time is nonsense , however truth is ablative  lasers have some healing time and potential side effects , so Its up to everyone what they wanna try , sometimes i have a feeling that drs are just trying what will work on you , what not

Edited by Miro
On 5/31/2021 at 7:17 AM, mariadulce23 said:

Yes.

I am curious, what did you get at the regular derm?

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2021 at 7:39 AM, Miro said:

It really depends on type of scars , after CO2 some of my scars got better some didnt , same i can say bout any other treatment , subcision works only for rolling scars , cross only for icepicks and so on , laser can do wonders for untethered scars or boxcars , also everyone reacts diff, to say lasers are waste of time is nonsense , however truth is ablative  lasers have some healing time and potential side effects , so Its up to everyone what they wanna try , sometimes i have a feeling that drs are just trying what will work on you , what not

Awesome to hear. Never thought about trying laser for my box scars but I've been to Dr. Rullan's 4x for subcision

Do you have any advice for boxscars on the forehead since they don't respond to any procedures well? 

1st: Subcision + CROSS

2nd: Subcision + At home suction

3rd: Subcision + CROSS + Needling

4th: Subcision + Filler + At home suction more aggressively than the last

I've definitely noticed improvements but can't gauge what percent to be honest but one of the issues I've never tackled is the hyperpigmentation (PIE) I've had for 10+ years so I'm now on tretinoin as of recent to combat this. Honestly, after the filler, it's very hard to say because it's mostly filler at the end of the day and will gauge once it subsides. 

Edited by LotsToLearn
2 hours ago, LotsToLearn said:

Awesome to hear. Never thought about trying laser for my box scars but I've been to Dr. Rullan's 4x for subcision

Do you have any advice for boxscars on the forehead since they don't respond to any procedures well? 

I've definitely noticed improvements but can't gauge what percent to be honest but one of the issues I've never tackled is the hyperpigmentation (PIE) I've had for 10+ years so I'm now on tretinoin as of recent to combat this. Honestly, after the filler, it's very hard to say because it's mostly filler at the end of the day and will gauge once it subsides. 

Hyperpigmentation (brownness) is different than PIE (redness). Tretinoin, in my opinion, is not for redness - it made mine worse.

I had fractional CO2 on a forehead boxcar (wider than deep) and saw improvement. Look at my other posts because I always make a point of the effectiveness depending on the laser operator, type of laser, and aggressiveness.

18 hours ago, LotsToLearn said:

Boxcars are hardest to improve , i d say it depends on depth of scar , i have one boxcar scar on forehead that simply doesnt respond to anything , dr Emil tried subc , genius , i had CO2 11 weeks ago and its back , its hard to improve 

I got what I think is permanent hypopigmentation from Rullan back in 2018. It's faded a bit, but still somewhat there. I don't know why he thought phenol and type 5 skin would work. I was too ignorant back then to think anything of it.