Notifications
Clear all

What treatment would be best for these raised/hypertrophic acne scars on my nose?

MemberMember
(@codebloo)

Posted : 05/25/2021 5:26 pm

I made a post years ago for advice on acne scars on my nose, here is the post if you would like to see pictures:

It's been two years and since then all redness has gone away and the scars have flattened a little bit from using silicone scar sheets everyday.

I have read that injections+lasers+silicone would be good to treat these. I do have a dermatologists who wants to do CO2 + 5FU injections. However, I have heard that injections can lead to atrophy and lasers can lead to pigmentation issues especially in my olive/darker skin tone so I am hesitant.

Another treatment I'm looking at is Microneedling + PRP as seen in this video (at the end there is a before and after). I think this treatment is safe for all skin tones but am not sure if it is good for my type of scarring.

Please let me know if you have any advice for me and please recommend any reputable dermatologists in California area. Thank you!

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 05/28/2021 3:44 pm

I'm really curious to follow along with this. I don't have specific advice, but I'd like to see how it goes depending on what treatment you use. Raised scars are tough, but some treatments can work on them.

CodeBloo liked
MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 05/28/2021 4:07 pm

On 5/25/2021 at 7:26 PM, CodeBloo said:

I made a post years ago for advice on acne scars on my nose, here is the post if you would like to see pictures:

It's been two years and since then all redness has gone away and the scars have flattened a little bit from using silicone scar sheets everyday.

I have read that injections+lasers+silicone would be good to treat these. I do have a dermatologists who wants to do CO2 + 5FU injections. However, I have heard that injections can lead to atrophy and lasers can lead to pigmentation issues especially in my olive/darker skin tone so I am hesitant.

Another treatment I'm looking at is Microneedling + PRP as seen in this video (at the end there is a before and after). I think this treatment is safe for all skin tones but am not sure if it is good for my type of scarring.

Please let me know if you have any advice for me and please recommend any reputable dermatologists in California area. Thank you!

Those are hard deal. Mostly because the results are very reliant on the professional expertise to do a skilled job

U have several bumps, widespread ones, would be good to have an actuall photo to measure better the extent of it and the height of them since u said they flattened a bit

To me this look likeclassicearly stagenoserhynophyma, your nose need to be partially reshaped and those bumps shaved.

This is a example of nose being reshaped. This is very hard to perform and results are 100% reliant the ability to predict how your nose will lookbased on your current state

Injections+Lasers will surely improve your situation also. But the extend of the improvement will be less dramatic than cauterization route. I highly recommend youto be evaluated by someone that is used to treat this kind of nose issue and have good outcomes, if its the case, i think u should persue your current treatment recommendation, if not, i think would be good to have other opinions.

MemberMember
(@codebloo)

Posted : 06/01/2021 2:51 pm

Thank you for the replies! I don't think I will do CO2 or any ablative laser as I personally think it would be too risky for my skin type/tone. I think I am still going to try the 5FU injections into my more prominent raised scars if I can find a derm with a lot of expertise in this treatment. I will also be trying to book appointments with other dermatologists to get second opinions. Will keep updated.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 06/01/2021 7:48 pm

4 hours ago, CodeBloo said:

Thank you for the replies! I don't think I will do CO2 or any ablative laser as I personally think it would be too risky for my skin type/tone. I think I am still going to try the 5FU injections into my more prominent raised scars if I can find a derm with a lot of expertise in this treatment. I will also be trying to book appointments with other dermatologists to get second opinions. Will keep updated.

Please do your research! I had cortisone shots for some cysts and I think those led to some depressed areas. I'm not sure if they also caused discolorations or if it was from the cysts, but I would be cautious.