Notifications
Clear all

Acne scars are curse for me

MemberMember
(@hinaliaqat0347gmail-com)

Posted : 05/01/2021 9:26 pm

Hi,

I am writing this in desperation to find a cure for acne scars. I was only 16 years old when I started to have severe acne all over my face. Although the acne is long gone but now i have too many acne scars, marks, pigmented areas making me look unhealthy overall. I don't go out much in the sunlight because it is uncomfortable to be around people, I don't go on meetings with colleagues or attend the parties when they happen. No matter how much makeup I put on my scars are still visible and prominent. It started when I was 16 years now I am 37 years old. God knows I have tried too many treatments such as hydromicroderabrasion, laser resurfacing, at home microneedling and chemicals peelings but the scars are still there. All these treatments make my skin look better for a while but then the scars simply come back to look the way they were before. I am literally tired of trying to fix them and feeling like someone has cursed me. I am so depressed because I work with people virtually as a freelancer and sometimes they ask me to be on video but I don't because I fear that they will dislike me, hate me or call me ugly. I work in a team of freelancers, they all do video time and everything but I never do it and they sometimes wonder why, . I keep hiding as if I have done something wrong, it is not even my fault.

I have had enough of treatments of all sorts and I spent big sum money on getting them done. I cannot afford to go for more laser sessions because they are expensive. Is there anything I can do or you would want to suggest me that could help me improve my acne scars. I have almost lost my hope because I have been trying for years with no good results so far.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 05/02/2021 1:42 pm

Hi seraph no matter what kind of scarring you need to understand first what kind of scarring you have.

Believe me I also felt the same that my scars are stubborn but it was always trying the right treatment for the right scar. It will not become perfect like glass skin. But it will become really unnoticeable. So if you can put on some pictures other people can let us know what treatments will work. Again when people do lasers or peels or rf does not work they really need to tell the details as in what laser settings without any settings information its as if he the doctor would have put you on a low laser settings and that is why you didnt had any results, then another thing is whether it was ablative or non ablative. Another important criteria. For instance you could say tca cross didnt work. This doesnt mean anything as what is the percent used is the key here. So the correct answer is what settings were performed on you

another example I can tell is fractional ablative didnt gave me much results as much as fully ablative. The doctor hid the scar edges only ablated that thing alone gave me 40 percent improvement in a single session.

if money is of concern try tca cross 30 percent at home. Do at least 3 seasseions and see if it is working or not

Suvvolo and seraph123 liked
MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/02/2021 4:01 pm

18 hours ago, seraph123 said:

I have had enough of treatments of all sorts and I spent big sum money on getting them done. I cannot afford to go for more laser sessions because they are expensive. Is there anything I can do or you would want to suggest me that could help me improve my acne scars. I have almost lost my hope because I have been trying for years with no good results so far. 

If you're strapped for cash, there are effective DIY treatments as long as you're willing to put in the time and effort. However, before making any suggestion, I need to see your scars. Please consider the following when taking snaps.

More shadows, the better. Angled lighting is an approach used to create a heavy shadow that will accentuate the scar for better evaluation as shown below. This is done by pointing a bright light perpendicular (90-degree) to the angle of the camera lens.

Also don't shoot so close that it only shows the cheek. Try to include other parts of the face (eg. nose, mouth and/or ear). This will give better perspective of the scar size.

image.png.ceef7ca2fcb2f56e3f1d18f76085e5c4.png

seraph123 liked
MemberMember

Posted : 05/03/2021 8:17 pm

scr22.jpg.f848e3a54ea20454acaa10e707037d7b.jpg20210503_100059.jpg.c405b19e991b140eef0f7ff89280ffc5.jpg

srr3.jpg

MemberMember
(@guygaga)

Posted : 05/04/2021 12:41 am

you mentioned diy microneedling, what size needles did you use?

MemberMember
(@gurveersahib789gmail-com)

Posted : 05/04/2021 5:09 am

On 5/2/2021 at 3:26 AM, seraph123 said:

Hi,

I am writing this in desperation to find a cure for acne scars. I was only 16 years old when I started to have severe acne all over my face. Although the acne is long gone but now i have too many acne scars, marks, pigmented areas making me look unhealthy overall. I don't go out much in the sunlight because it is uncomfortable to be around people, I don't go on meetings with colleagues or attend the parties when they happen. No matter how much makeup I put on my scars are still visible and prominent. It started when I was 16 years now I am 37 years old. God knows I have tried too many treatments such as hydromicroderabrasion, laser resurfacing, at home microneedling and chemicals peelings but the scars are still there. All these treatments make my skin look better for a while but then the scars simply come back to look the way they were before. I am literally tired of trying to fix them and feeling like someone has cursed me. I am so depressed because I work with people virtually as a freelancer and sometimes they ask me to be on video but I don't because I fear that they will dislike me, hate me or call me ugly. I work in a team of freelancers, they all do video time and everything but I never do it and they sometimes wonder why, . I keep hiding as if I have done something wrong, it is not even my fault.

I know its hard to see but your scarring is not bad at all. You mention the other people wonder why you dont do video maybe they generally dont see what you see. Its always worse to the person with scarring, I was once in a similar situation.. I have mild/moderate scarring but I think of as severe, I learnt that overthinking made it way worse.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 05/04/2021 5:13 am

You need subcision treatment these are rolling scars, its relatively inexpensive to do.

seraph123 and Kay24 liked
MemberMember

Posted : 05/04/2021 3:48 pm

15 hours ago, GuyGaGa said:

you mentioned diy microneedling, what size needles did you use?

I used 0.5mm and then 1.5mm.

MemberMember

Posted : 05/04/2021 4:43 pm

11 hours ago, User6896 said:

I know its hard to see but your scarring is not bad at all. You mention the other people wonder why you dont do video maybe they generally dont see what you see. Its always worse to the person with scarring, I was once in a similar situation.. I have mild/moderate scarring but I think of as severe, I learnt that overthinking made it way worse.

I understand that side of you as being an empath myself:) i have been trying to fix my scars for years and years now. I used to hide my face when i was a teen because my class mates would ask me what was wrong with my cheeks. I used to have trouble sleeping on both sides as my cheeks would be covered with acne. I dont recall a single night when i didnt apply an acne ointment or cream. I thought it would get better but it never did. My acne spots turned into deep scars and i still try to figure out what went wrong. I dont want any other person to suffer from the same condition.

I have tried fixing my scars all these years and now i am going to be old soon. It bothers me that nothing worked the way i expected. I never wanted to look perfect i just wanted my skin to look better.

I cant do most of those things that normal people do. I cant go out of home without covering my face to some extent. There is no way that i can sit in an open area with the sunlight as it makes my face look deformed, i have scars on both side of the chins that make me look older than my age. My scars are giving me anxiety now because they prevent me from doing the most simplest thing like doing shopping in the daylight. I am tired of hiding myself and seeking some normalcy in life. It makes me uncomfortable that people start asking me question about my face and start suggesting me treatment as if i have done nothing on my part to fix them. I dont know what else more to do to fix them.....

MemberMember

Posted : 05/04/2021 5:54 pm

12 hours ago, getsmart121 said:

You need subcision treatment these are rolling scars, its relatively inexpensive to do.

I will try to find a doc who can perform it because modern treatments are not available here except for lasers, dermabrasion and peeling. Thank u for the piece of advice

MemberMember
(@guygaga)

Posted : 05/06/2021 12:31 am

i would try possibly subcicsion and fillers. search fillers for acne scars on google. i won't say whether to do permanent fillers, semi permanent or temporary. that's for you to decide after doing research but fillers may help plump up the scars. i'm actually looking at doing juvaderm and seeing how that plays out before even considering semi permanent or possibly permanent (bellafill)

seraph123 liked
MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 05/06/2021 11:48 am

sub+filler will helpyou. keep your head up

seraph123 liked
MemberMember

Posted : 05/13/2021 4:37 pm

On 5/5/2021 at 10:31 PM, GuyGaGa said:

i would try possibly subcicsion and fillers. search fillers for acne scars on google. i won't say whether to do permanent fillers, semi permanent or temporary. that's for you to decide after doing research but fillers may help plump up the scars. i'm actually looking at doing juvaderm and seeing how that plays out before even considering semi permanent or possibly permanent (bellafill)

I discussed it long ago with my doctor and she told me that the fillers may move under the skin and the results would not last. Since i have tiny scars in large numbers she suggested going for laser only to see how it would work. I have had several sessions of Laser and now i am feeling absolutely tired of it. I will try subcisions though, how do your scars look like?

On 5/6/2021 at 9:48 AM, Candy Says said:

sub+filler will helpyou. keep your head up

Thank you so much for your word of encouragement. I am trying my best:0