Clear all

Is this a purge or reaction?

MemberMember
(@puppyinthepansiesgmail-com)

Posted : 04/22/2021 7:06 pm

I™ve been on a barebones routine of

AM: water, Nu Skin Moisture Mist, HL Skin Plumping Gel Cream

PM: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, same as AM

to try to fix my moisture barrier. I found out about the 7-skin method (and how it helps immensely with hydration) a couple days ago and began to pat layers of the moisture mist in before going over it with moisturizer. I™m unsure if the results are a purge or a reaction. The redness and bumps are in areas that I have a lot of closed comedones and bumps so could this just be a purge? I haven™t used any other irritating products as my routine is fairly simple already.. 

The Nu Skin Moisture Mist ingredients are: 

Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fructose, Glycine, Inositol, Lactic Acid, Niacinamide, Urea, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Sodium Benzoate.

With Lactic Acid being the 10th ingredient, would this be the cause? I™ve used the mist as a mist before with no issues. Unsure wether to press on and ride out the possible purge or stop layering it.

E836AEAA-7D7F-44AF-AFD9-80FC6EC5914D.jpeg

C9D353DD-E923-4D4D-8ECE-A9C1E28E4F7C.jpeg

MemberMember
(@milkysweet)

Posted : 04/26/2021 11:39 pm

I think its just a reaction? Just wait for a few more days and update us about it.

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 05/13/2021 5:05 pm

The ingredients of that product are probably not the culprit. None of them seem all that bad.

I'd agree it may be a reaction to something. If it were me, I'd stop what I was doing and try a light over-the-counter peel, like 10% glycolic acid every other day for a week or two and see how things are looking.