Notifications
Clear all

Atrophic scars on cheek - are you be able to tell which photo is before and which is after??

MemberMember
(@sarahwaters417gmail-com)

Posted : 04/08/2021 8:24 am

Not gonna label which photo below is before & which is after. Curious to see if you can tell the difference... because sometimes I™m not sure if I can see a difference... sometimes I even wonder if it has just gotten worse :/ 

For reference, between the photos I had one Erbium YAG treatment, and one subcision with TCA cross treatment.

(I tried to get fairly consistent lighting - it was hard. Also, the left photo was taken with the œselfie cam and it seems to have been softened. The right photo was taken with the back camera on my phone instead).

(Photo removed)

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 04/08/2021 8:55 am

skin looks soften on the right photo
the hyperpigmentation looks better on the right also
your main concern is the hyperpigmentation..
when it fades you will be able to see better how bad/good is your scarring. discloring tricks the way we perceive our scars alot.

MemberMember
(@daliasaldanha96gmail-com)

Posted : 04/08/2021 9:57 am

I feel like the right picture is after! Great progress, if I am right :)

MemberMember
(@ba_2022)

Posted : 04/08/2021 3:18 pm

The right looks improved... do let us know

MemberMember
(@xiuyanglin12gmail-com)

Posted : 04/08/2021 4:17 pm

I'm assuming the right one is after. Some scars look less deeper and improved.

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 04/08/2021 11:18 pm

Right is decent improvement. Use something like tretinoin in your skincare routine to help further improve hyperpigmentation.

MemberMember
(@sarahwaters417gmail-com)

Posted : 04/09/2021 2:41 am

Hi guys! Thanks for the replies - you are all correct, the right photo is the after. Now seeing all your responses, the more I look at it the more I can actually see the difference. It feels nice :) 

Left photo: taken 1 month after first Erbium YAG laser treatment

Right photo: taken 1.5 months after second laser treatment and 3 weeks after TCA cross + subcision.

My plan is to get my next subcision + TCA cross in May or June, and potentially one or two more after that in 2-month intervals. I would like to do something at the end to œeven things out a bit but want to avoid laser due to heavy downtime. Is microneedling worth a shot? Or is it worthless?

Any tips on what else might help? 

17 hours ago, De Rerum Natura said:

skin looks soften on the right photo
the hyperpigmentation looks better on the right also
your main concern is the hyperpigmentation..
when it fades you will be able to see better how bad/good is your scarring. discloring tricks the way we perceive our scars alot.

Thanks for the tips! Yeah, hyperpigmentation is killing me 

I™m using Tret, Azelaic Acid, Vitaminc C and BHA (alternating of course!) but the progress is sooo slow. I™m also almost out of AzA and I can™t find it in stock in any online shops or stores in my country 

16 hours ago, boxthatboxcar said:

I feel like the right picture is after! Great progress, if I am right :)

Yes, you are correct! Thanks :)

3 hours ago, ScarRight said:

Right is decent improvement. Use something like tretinoin in your skincare routine to help further improve hyperpigmentation.

Thank you! I™ve been using tret for a while now, but since I had to stop before/after the laser treatments, I™ve been purging again since I re-started :(

11 hours ago, ParisN said:

The right looks improved... do let us know 

Yes, you are right :)

10 hours ago, HellishDuffel said:

I'm assuming the right one is after. Some scars look less deeper and improved.

Yep! Thanks for commenting! 

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 04/09/2021 4:53 am

2 hours ago, sh2os said:

Hi guys! Thanks for the replies - you are all correct, the right photo is the after. Now seeing all your responses, the more I look at it the more I can actually see the difference. It feels nice :) 

Left photo: taken 1 month after first Erbium YAG laser treatment

Right photo: taken 1.5 months after second laser treatment and 3 weeks after TCA cross + subcision.

My plan is to get my next subcision + TCA cross in May or June, and potentially one or two more after that in 2-month intervals. I would like to do something at the end to œeven things out a bit but want to avoid laser due to heavy downtime. Is microneedling worth a shot? Or is it worthless?

Thanks for the tips! Yeah, hyperpigmentation is killing me 

I™m using Tret, Azelaic Acid, Vitaminc C and BHA (alternating of course!) but the progress is sooo slow. I™m also almost out of AzA and I can™t find it in stock in any online shops or stores in my country 

Yes, you are correct! Thanks :)

Thank you! I™ve been using tret for a while now, but since I had to stop before/after the laser treatments, I™ve been purging again since I re-started :(

Yes, you are right :)

Yep! Thanks for commenting! 

YAG lasers usually have picosure pointers that treat hyperpigmentation. U can use combination of erbium + picosure to deal with the discoloring. Thats a option. But u have to understand that, specially if u plan to do TCA sessions, the hyperpigmentation will usually not go away while having these kind of treatments. Often times u have to swallow this hyperpigmentation in order to improve the texture/depth of the scarring specially dealing with high percentage TCA and cross techniques combined.

Fortunately, hyperpigmentation fades on its own, and besides hydroquinone which i dont recommend, u have a solid routine to deal with it the fastest way. Just be patient. U had solid results so far.
Good luck!