Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello, I'm from South Asia, and I'm trying to get laser for the hair growth on my skin; however, my skin is extremely sensitive--so sensitive that even a slight application of a wrong cream disturbs its natural function. 

I've heard all sorts of complaints about laser that it can affect skin collagen and elastin; and I'm very worried about it. The thing is, I've got PCOS and the hair are noticeable on my face. I want some recommendations in this regard from you guys that what sort of settings could be useful for a sensitive skin? Will the low settings prove to be effective for hair removal?

Please, give me some direction! I'd be grateful to you guys as I don't trust the local doctors here.

1 hour ago, Amanda Hall said:

Ask if you can do a test area if you are concerned. I think laser hair removal is pretty safe but I'm a type III.

Thank you so much for the reply. How do you determine the types? I'd be very grateful if you can give any information on this if you can.

1 minute ago, Sarah_89 said:

Yes, I'd definitely by type IV because I've got a light olive skin. Is the laser safe for Type IV?

I don't think it's an issue at all. Ask the laser operator or office - those people have done hundreds to thousands of treatments so they would know better. An Alexandrite laser would be safe - I'm sure of this. There are many different lasers though.

3 minutes ago, Amanda Hall said:

I don't think it's an issue at all. Ask the laser operator or office - those people have done hundreds to thousands of treatments so they would know better. An Alexandrite laser would be safe - I'm sure of this. There are many different lasers though.

Thank you for your time. I greatly appreciate it.