Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jako Langdon

Forehead Acne Scar Advice

Recommended Posts

Hey I’ve had these forehead acne scars ever since I cleared up my cystic acne over ten years ago. I’ve already done about 12 chemical peels. 8 micro needling sessions, 4 micro dermabrasion sessions. And most recently I did a program that included 3 RF micro needling sessions spread about 6 weeks in between. (Finished my third one three weeks ago). I feel like my forehead never responds to treatments as well as the rest of my face does and I’m running out of options. Do I just keep doing RF? 

94ECD36E-0782-46D2-8F3D-6B0BA855CE86.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jako Langdon said:

Hey I’ve had these forehead acne scars ever since I cleared up my cystic acne over ten years ago. I’ve already done about 12 chemical peels. 8 micro needling sessions, 4 micro dermabrasion sessions. And most recently I did a program that included 3 RF micro needling sessions spread about 6 weeks in between. (Finished my third one three weeks ago). I feel like my forehead never responds to treatments as well as the rest of my face does and I’m running out of options. Do I just keep doing RF? 

 

Although not impossible, forehead and temple scars are very difficult to treat. 

What chemical peels were used, and at what concentration? From my own experience, TCA is the most effective solution. It won't elevate the scar (there's not much skin to elevate in the first place), but it will fade out the hard edge and make the scar less noticeable.

You also have pretty deep wrinkles, which only magnify the scars. You will need Botox to address this. Moreover, facial filler will replenish missing volume.

So here's what I suggest.

  1. Get TCA cross (100%) done on each scar pit. 
  2. Wait 2 weeks until the scabs are gone and swelling subsided.
  3. Get Botox and dermal filler.
Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest I’m not sure what strength chemical peel was used. The Doctor that I just received RF from also recommended Botox but he didn’t mention anything about dermafiller for my forehead. I figured I’d wait until around June when the more drastic improvements from RF are noticeable and go from there with any further procedures. Thank you for your response. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Jako Langdon said:

To be honest I’m not sure what strength chemical peel was used. The Doctor that I just received RF from also recommended Botox but he didn’t mention anything about dermafiller for my forehead. I figured I’d wait until around June when the more drastic improvements from RF are noticeable and go from there with any further procedures. Thank you for your response. 

Was RF Infini worth it for the forehead? Any improvement? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jako Langdon said:

To be honest I’m not sure what strength chemical peel was used. The Doctor that I just received RF from also recommended Botox but he didn’t mention anything about dermafiller for my forehead. I figured I’d wait until around June when the more drastic improvements from RF are noticeable and go from there with any further procedures. Thank you for your response. 

There are a lot of chemical peels on the market and it's important know what peel was used. You should have been told, if not in writing, what the treatment involved.

It's also worth noting that the forehead has the least amount of skin on the face. Whereas the cheek has about 2.5 mm thickness, the forehead has about roughly 0.5 mm. That's not a whole lot of volume to work with. That is why treatments like Laser or RF microneedling is not effective in this region. I would not get any more RF. You'll be merely throwing hard earned cash down the drain (or into your derm's pocket, which s/he will never tell you about).

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ScarRight said:

Was RF Infini worth it for the forehead? Any improvement? 

I’d have to get back to you around June or July as that’s when the most noticeable changes are supposed to be visible. As of right now though, I haven’t noticed any drastic improvements. I should also note that my first RF was on 11/20, second was on 1/7, and third was on 2/15. So the collagen regrowth is still occurring and could possibly lead to more noticeable improvements down the road (fingers crossed). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Jako Langdon said:

I’d have to get back to you around June or July as that’s when the most noticeable changes are supposed to be visible. As of right now though, I haven’t noticed any drastic improvements. I should also note that my first RF was on 11/20, second was on 1/7, and third was on 2/15. So the collagen regrowth is still occurring and could possibly lead to more noticeable improvements down the road (fingers crossed). 

I would personally wait 3 months between treatments. You otherwise don't have enough time to heal. Many derms like to pump out treatments quickly became that way they can make money. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd consider fractional CO2 laser treatment from a specialist who knows how to go deep with your skin type. I had it done on a boxcar and I don't even notice it anymore (it didn't disappear but it's really hard to see with most lighting). That boxcar was shallower and wider than yours so your mileage may vary. Disregard Erbium and non-ablative.

TCA Cross is a possibility for some of the divots. Some doctors will combine this with lasers. Not sure if it's better or worse though. 

Microdermabrasion is a waste of time and money for scars. Don't bother with microneedling (RF or not). I don't think peels will help for those creases. Save your money for better treatments.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2021 at 10:41 PM, Sirius Lee said:

There are a lot of chemical peels on the market and it's important know what peel was used. You should have been told, if not in writing, what the treatment involved.

It's also worth noting that the forehead has the least amount of skin on the face. Whereas the cheek has about 2.5 mm thickness, the forehead has about roughly 0.5 mm. That's not a whole lot of volume to work with. That is why treatments like Laser or RF microneedling is not effective in this region. I would not get any more RF. You'll be merely throwing hard earned cash down the drain (or into your derm's pocket, which s/he will never tell you about).

No , stop talking nonsense :

 

  • The average thickness of forehead skin is 1.70 mm and superficial fat is 1.99 mm.

 

  • Average thickness of the radix and dorsum skin is 1.51mm and superficial fat is 1.61 mm.

 

  • Average thickness of the supraorbital region skin is 1.67mm and superficial fat is 1.82 mm.

 

  • Average thickness of the infraorbital area skin is 1.97mm and for superficial fat it’s 4.93 mm.

 

  • In the perioral region, the average thickness of skin is 1.82mm and superficial fat is 5.14 mm.

 

  • In the temple, the average skin thickness is 1.65mm and superficial fat thickness is 2.58 mm.

 

  • In the cheek, the average skin thickness is 1.85 mm.

 

  • Average superficial fat thickness at the cheek is 4.54 mm.
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Miro said:

No , stop talking nonsense :

 

  • The average thickness of forehead skin is 1.70 mm and superficial fat is 1.99 mm.

 

  • Average thickness of the radix and dorsum skin is 1.51mm and superficial fat is 1.61 mm.

 

  • Average thickness of the supraorbital region skin is 1.67mm and superficial fat is 1.82 mm.

 

  • Average thickness of the infraorbital area skin is 1.97mm and for superficial fat it’s 4.93 mm.

 

  • In the perioral region, the average thickness of skin is 1.82mm and superficial fat is 5.14 mm.

 

  • In the temple, the average skin thickness is 1.65mm and superficial fat thickness is 2.58 mm.

 

  • In the cheek, the average skin thickness is 1.85 mm.

 

  • Average superficial fat thickness at the cheek is 4.54 mm.

Sounds like you're working at the dermatologist office. Why then is it so hard to get improvement on the forehead? Because it's harder to stimulate collegen in that region. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ScarRight said:

Sounds like you're working at the dermatologist office. Why then is it so hard to get improvement on the forehead? Because it's harder to stimulate collegen in that region. 

I dont, just did some serious research on internet and asked few derms in person about things, they all say its harder to get improvement on forehead and temples cause skin is thinner there or more delicate if u wish , but does it really matter why is that so ? It is so , however f.e. Dr Emil told me all this forehead hard to improve talks are exaggerated , but still its harder to improve Those zones 

Also i think it depends on scars type and depth and so on, but thats just my non doctor opinion, i have scars on my forehead and some got nice improvement some didnt, so it really probably depends on scar itself

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×