Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vgdd

How bad is my acne scars? And how to reduce redness?

Recommended Posts

Hi!

As the title says: How bad do you think my acne scars in my forehead is? I tried to take a photo in some of the worst lightning spots.

I have also had 4 dermapen sessions in 2019 and I'm considering laser as well.. but how bad do you think they look?

I also have some uneven skin tone around my acne scars. I have a good skincare routine with serums, moisturisers, toners, cleanser etc.. but its still a bit red and uneven skin tone around my acne scars. Can I do something with that myself?

dd.jpg

dd1.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vgdd said:

As the title says: How bad do you think my acne scars in my forehead is? I tried to take a photo in some of the worst lightning spots.

 

It wouldn't look so bad without those wrinkles. Get some botox and you should be feeling much better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

It wouldn't look so bad without those wrinkles. Get some botox and you should be feeling much better.

I see. But botox isn't permanent.. can a laser make it permanent?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vgdd said:

I see. But botox isn't permanent.. can a laser make it permanent?

I had one wide mild boxcar on my forehead that was improved by fractional CO2 laser. If you can find a laser specialist who understands deeper settings (to the point where you get blood - this worked for me), it might be worth considering. Forget Erbium and non-ablative lasers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vgdd said:

I see. But botox isn't permanent.. can a laser make it permanent?

You seem to have missed the point. Botox works on reducing the wrinkles, not eliminating scars.

From all the evidence shown so far, laser hasn't been too effective in this region. Also considering that there's only 0.5 mm of skin on the forehead, how much collagen do you realistically think our body can make to fill the scar pit?

On the contrary, we know for certain that Botox is very effective in reducing wrinkles on the forehead. It will also lessen any tensions made by the muscles. By minimizing both wrinkles and tensions, your acne scars will look less pronounced.

Hope that helps.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Botox with a combination of filler will work wonders. I have done both. Although not permanent it will give instant results. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, shei514 said:

Botox with a combination of filler will work wonders. I have done both. Although not permanent it will give instant results. 

I see, I will try that after my laser procedure. But isn't it very expensive?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2021 at 6:30 AM, Vgdd said:

I see, I will try that after my laser procedure. But isn't it very expensive?

Yes it is expensive. if it was affordable everyone would be able get all their scars fixed to their liking. I usually come here to lurk out info and see what people have to say about personal experiences but to find out more about pricing and see more pictures, I look at the website RealSelf.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2021 at 6:30 AM, Vgdd said:

I see, I will try that after my laser procedure. But isn't it very expensive?

Check out Groupon for coupons. You'll find some great discounts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2021 at 10:47 AM, justlurking said:

Yes it is expensive. if it was affordable everyone would be able get all their scars fixed to their liking. I usually come here to lurk out info and see what people have to say about personal experiences but to find out more about pricing and see more pictures, I look at the website RealSelf.

I do the same however I find RealSelf to be outdated sometimes and the users to be particularly disgruntled when they don’t get the results they had hoped for, which is fine, but I prefer more logical and precise logging of acne scar journeys that leave as little subjectivity as possible (although one could argue this is almost impossible). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×